Button in CListCtrl Column

Hello everyone,

   I want to add a button in sub item of a list control entry.
I want it to be on the right side of the text in sub item.
On clicking the button I want to show file open dailog box.
Can anyone suggest something in this direction?

Thanking in advance,
Sunil Bulani :)
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hello,

http://www.codeguru.com/listbox/AddControls.html

With Regards,
R.Selvam

using sum button
I try pasting a bunch of numbers from a website into excel. Everything comes over fine, but when I try to sum the column using the sigma button, the result is just zero. Please help! I have a lot to sum. Thanks for your help. Adam sounds like the "numbers" are being pasted as text. That would probably be the case if trailing spaces are included in the copy. Regards Trevor "adam h" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0a7601c3baac$b7e2c820$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I try pasting a bunch of numbers from a website into > excel. Ever...

How to lock a column
I want to lock column B in my worksheet (meaning I want it hidden and no one should be able to unhide it). And also, I have two tabs in my worksheet that I don't want anyone to see but they need to be in that file. Thanks! -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com These would depend on the security of a protected worksheet/workbook. The bad news is that worksheet/workbook protection (under tools|protection) in excel is not made for this kind of thing. It can be broken in a matter of minutes. If you really have secure data that other shouldn't see, don't put it in excel...

Scrollbars and CListCtrl
I am working with CListCtrl window which has only one column, but I really need to suppress appearance of horizontal scroll bar. I tried to modify window style to remove WS_HSCROLL, but seems that MFC overrides me. For now I am suppressing it by loading data, getting client rectangle and setting column width to client rectangle width. Unfortunately this fails with PocketPC WinMobile 5. There GetClientRect seems to return rectangle that includes scrollbar. This adds a problem of now finding the width of vertical scrollbar, solution to which is not obvious to me. There must be a better way to ...

CListCtrl problem.
Well I just started playing with VC++ yesterday, so keep it simple if you can. thx. Anyway, I'm having problems with a CListCtrl in report view. The first column seems to display fine, but the other columns don't. Have a look at my function for adding data: void CMP3RenamerDlg::PopulateList(CString str) { CFileFind finder; LVITEM lvi; CString item; CString strWildcard(str); strWildcard += _T("\\*.mp3"); BOOL bWorking = finder.FindFile(strWildcard); int i = 0; while (bWorking) { bWorking = finder.FindNextFile(); if (finder.IsDots()) continue; // Populat...

Cells not adjusting to new Column
Currently, I have the following formula in Column J of the audit sheet: =IF((upload!J2-control!J2=0)," ",(upload!J2-control!J2) If I insert a column in the audit sheet, the formula in Column J is now in Column K, but the formula stays the same. =IF((upload!J2-control!J2=0)," ",(upload!J2-control!J2) I would want the formula to adjust to: =IF((upload!K2-control!K2=0)," ",(upload!K2-control!K2) All three sheets (audit, upload, and control) are in the same workbook. Is there a way to make the formulas adjust automatically when a column is deleted or ...

arrange columns alphabetically in Excel
Hie need help a bit stuck on this pleaaaaaaaaaaase! Im a bit of a dodo, so plese help this dodo out. Select the columns you want to "SORT". Data -> Sort Options -> Sort left to right. Click OK Select the row that you want to sort on. "tellytubbie" wrote: > Hie need help a bit stuck on this pleaaaaaaaaaaase! > Im a bit of a dodo, so plese help this dodo out. ...

Returning row and column headers
I have a spreadsheet that contains soccer player positions for our team. I have the positions layed out in a range that has the field positions as column headers and the period played as the row headers. The names of all the players are filled in for each of the four periods and for each position. I would like to be able to extract from this range, each boys position and period by using a formula. i.e. Jake is playing center forward in the second period. I would like to have a seperate range that has the players name and all 4 periods listed and be able to ectract from the data range, the posi...

Hide the Help button from Propertysheet dialog
Hello, Could you tell me, how can I hide the Help button from Propertysheet dialog in the wizard mode? I want to appeare just Back, Next, Cancel and Finish button in the dialog. I don't need to the Help button. By the way, PropertySheet.m_psh.dwFlags &= ~PSH_HASHELP; doesn't work. Thank you so much, Monica. Hello Monica, > By the way, PropertySheet.m_psh.dwFlags &= ~PSH_HASHELP; doesn't work. This should work. You need to remove it from each of the property pages as well. Here is the link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccor...

Why is my tab key moving my cursor from column A to column k?
In all of my excel worksheets, when I push Tab, my cursor goes straight from Column A to Column K or the next column not shown to the right of the sheet. From there, if I hit Shift-Tab It always goes back to column A, even if that's not where I started out. Please help, it's driving me crazy!!! Turn off Lotus 1-2-3 Transition options Tools, Options, Transition (tab), turn off all transition options --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvp...

Stacked Line-Column Graph
I was wondering if anyone could help me make a Line-Column Graph that has stacked columns. There are to be 3 data series that are stacked column format and 1 that is line format Thanks Luke Create a stacked column chart from all the data. Right-click on the series that you want as a Line In the shortcut menu, choose Chart Type Select the Line chart type, and one of the subtypes Click OK Jon Peltier has information on creating your own combination charts: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboChart1.html Lucas Guarino wrote: > I was wondering if anyone could help me make a...

vLookup but choose either of 2 columns
Hi All, I have a scenario where I want to lookup a value in column A but would like to choose either column 4 or 5 from the resultant row in a drop down based on other criteria I know. Is something like that possible? If so is it possible to have a heading on each column to better identify which is which? How would I attempt such a manouver? Cheers Hugh =vlookup(b1,sheet2!a:e,if(a1="asdf",4,5),false) Will look for a match between B1 of sheet2 column A. If A1 = "asdf", then column 4 (D) will be returned. Otherwise, column 5 (E) will be returned. You can make that ...

Excel's column width format box
Does anyone know why I am unable to enter a number into Excel's column width box, yet using the mouse, I am able to adjust the width. When opening the text box, I can delete the number that appears, but am unable to even reenter that one after it is deleted. I must tell you that I'm a new user who's working through numerous tutorials. Thanks, Hi do you get an error message or what happens exactly -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany rly2rys wrote: > Does anyone know why I am unable to enter a number into Excel's > column width box, yet using the mouse, I am ...

Pivot Table Report: Getting average of difference of two date columns
Hello I have data in excel sheet as: WORK_ID PROJECT START_DT END_DT 1001 P1 1/1/2006 1/10/2006 1002 P1 1/25/2006 2/20/2006 1003 P1 3/15/2006 3/20/2006 I want to have a report that will give me average time taken to finish a work in a project. That is, I have to take average of (end_dt - start_dt) for a project group. How do I do this in a pivot table report. When I use a calculate field to get the days worked for a work_id using DATEDIF(START_DT, END_DT, "D") then excel computes only sum on that (pivot table report ...

Modifying the "Required Attendee" lookup columns
Hello, Is there a way to modify which columns appears in the lookup view of the multi-select "Required Attendees" lookup on the Appointemnt? This special windows does not seem to take the usual "account" or "contact" lookup view. Right now it only shows the name and full name of the account or contact. Thanks Hi Fred, Did you happen to get the solution to your query as i am with the same problem and looking for someone to help....:( Thanks, Shashi "Fred Bang" wrote: > Hello, > > Is there a way to modify which columns appears in the...

Command Button code
Good evening all I am after some simple code to apply to a CommandButton1_Click(), where when the button is clicked, today's date is inserted into the active cell. (Though I do require this date to then be fixed, and not change the following day) Any help most appreciated. Thank you Mathew --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.551 / Virus Database: 343 - Release Date: 11/12/2003 Mathew here is one way Selection = Date -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to...

Sorting a column by using formula #3
I am trying to use sort function just to delete blank cells in between Sort order doesn't matter actually. Data is coming by the use of simple cell reference of "another sheet -- Prais ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Praise's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1558 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27144 Hi you may use the following addin to filter out blank cells: http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Praise wrote: &g...

ranking numbers in a column
I have 100 (100 rows) with different numbers all in one column. I have ranked them in another column by largest to smallest in the past. The 100 numbers change from time to time. I would like the rankings to automatically update. I wish not to sort. Is there a formula? Thanks, Darryl Try the RANK Function. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "Darryl" wrote: > I have 100 (100 rows) with different numbers all in one column. I have > ranked them in another column by largest to smallest in the past. The 100 > numbers change...

Printing column area
I would like to print a column area in repeated pages (not the whole column). Any ideas? It's not totally clear to me what you're asking. But if it is, how do you limit the print area to a specific range, first select the range and then use File, Print Area, Set Print Area. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP Well that is how to print a certain range but what I am asking is that I want a certain part of the column to be repeated in all the pages. By clicking Page Setup/Sheet and ticking the option "columns to repeat at left" it takes the whole column and not a part of it. I just wa...

Toggling "Shutter Bar Open/Close Button"
I would like to expand and contract "Shutter Bar Open/Close Button" inside a module. However, I haven't figured out what method or code is needed in order to manipulate it. I would also like to be able to expand or contract features on the Shutter bar (Navigation Bar) like Forms, Queries, etc. Any ideas? ...

missing columns
Please help, I have an a 11 column spreadsheet, I need to copy this into a powerpoint presentation but when I copy it onto a blank sheet the last 2 columns are not transferred. I tried to copy the blank form and it went ok but after putting text in it does not work. Please explain a cure in simple terms. Thanks in advance PowerPoint has its limitation when it comes to copying an Excel table or chart. Here is a link that will explain a lot better than me. http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00068.htm HTH Gilles Desjardins "greg" <greg@ford .com> wrote in message news:bonmo...

Radio Button
I have a form someone created in Excel and somehow three buttons are linked together so that if I click on one, it selects the one I click on and clears one selected before. Is there a way to have it clear the button that was selected if I click on the same button again. As it is, I cannot clear all the buttons once a button is selected. Hi This is what radiobuttons (option buttons) are for. Either Male or Female, no None or Both or Not sure yet or Refuse to answer. For independent choices (Vegetarian, Blonde, Plays guitar, ... ) use checkboxes. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Debb...

Columns to rows #2
I need to take information from a column and put it in a row. Th column for each customer is 8 lines and then repeats itself. I need t know how to get like the information from all line 1's into the sam column -- MileHig ----------------------------------------------------------------------- MileHigh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=503 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26934 Not sure I see the scenario exactly but look into (A) Copy followed by Edit|Paste Special->Transpose, OR (B) the TRANSPOSE functi...

Copy column header to next column, delete & delete every nth colum
Well SNPid Call SamID Well SNPid Call SamID Well SNPid Call SamID A01 rs10090154 C 1 A01 rs1016343 C 1 A01 rs10486567 AG 1 A02 rs10090154 C 2 A02 rs1016343 TC 2 A02 rs10486567 AG 2 A03 rs10090154 C 3 A03 rs1016343 TC 3 A03 rs10486567 G 3 Hi, My workflow was dramatically streamlined thanks to a previous question posted and the generous reply and help of members here. I have another step in my data-cleanup that requires reformatting my excel table and I would be very appreciative if I can get some help. I myself do not have the Visual Basic abilities to do this. Here is the table structur...

sort in multiple columns
hi guys, how can i sort lists of names in several columns eg: c3:c15, e3:e15,c18:c31,e18:e31. so that the first names (A...) start in c3 and the last (...Z) end in e31? regards bob Does this mean you have 13+13+14+14=54 names spread over 4 ranges? If yes, I'd add a temporary worksheet, copy those ranges to A1:A54 and sort there. Then copy|Paste the rows back to the 4 areas in that range (if you need to). bob wrote: > > hi guys, > how can i sort lists of names in several columns eg: c3:c15, > e3:e15,c18:c31,e18:e31. so that the first names (A.....

Regarding Sorting Columns
I made a worksheet of a list of books for a classroom library. The first column I named "Title"; the second one- "Author"; the third one "Genre"; ....and so on. Now, once I finished, I clicked the first column (A- "Title"), and then clicked the A to Z function; this sorted all the Titles in alphabetical order, but not any of the other columns. Now, what I then did after undoing this is to highlight all the rows of the columns to the right of "Title", and then clicked the A to Z function, this then put all the Titles in alphabetical or...