Basic question regarding checkboxes

Hello.

I want to check a checkbox using the CheckDlgButton
(hWND,IDC_CHECK1,BE_CHECKED) command

The checkbox resides in a Dialog box called IDD_MYAPPLICATION_DIALOG.
However, when I put this in the hWND field I get the error

error C2664: 'CheckDlgButton' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'int'
to 'HWND'
        Conversion from integral type to pointer type requires
reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast

What do I have to put in the hWND field to make this work?

Cheers
0
stewb85 (11)
1/14/2008 6:30:17 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

>>The checkbox resides in a Dialog box called IDD_MYAPPLICATION_DIALOG.
However, when I put this in the hWND field I get the error

Are you passing 'IDD_MYAPPLICATION_DIALOG' to the function ?
You should be passing "m_hWnd"  instead, if you are calling the
'CheckDlgButton()' function within the dialog code.

-Seetharam
0
smisro (101)
1/14/2008 6:56:31 PM
On 14 Jan, 18:56, Seetharam <smi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>The checkbox resides in a Dialog box called IDD_MYAPPLICATION_DIALOG.
>
> However, when I put this in the hWND field I get the error
>
> Are you passing 'IDD_MYAPPLICATION_DIALOG' to the function ?
> You should be passing "m_hWnd"  instead, if you are calling the
> 'CheckDlgButton()' function within the dialog code.
>
> -Seetharam

Yeah I was passing IDD_MYAPPLICATION_DIALOG.

I'm calling CheckDlgButton() from another file which is called by the
dialog code, passing m_hWnd doesnt work.  I'm sure this is really
basic, but I'm a beginner to Windows programming, and just need a
checkbox indicator to ease the debugging for the main program I'm
writing in the other file.
0
stewb85 (11)
1/14/2008 7:03:55 PM
<stewb85@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello.
>
> I want to check a checkbox using the CheckDlgButton
> (hWND,IDC_CHECK1,BE_CHECKED) command
>
> The checkbox resides in a Dialog box called IDD_MYAPPLICATION_DIALOG.
> However, when I put this in the hWND field I get the error
>
> error C2664: 'CheckDlgButton' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'int'
> to 'HWND'
>        Conversion from integral type to pointer type requires
> reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
>
> What do I have to put in the hWND field to make this work?
>
> Cheers

Are you using MFC or the straight Win32 APIs?  This is an MFC newsgroup.

ID's are constant integers assigned at build time.  HWND's are variable
numbers assigned by the OS at run time.  You can't use an ID where and HWND
is expected.  If you need an HWND then you have to use the HWND that was
returned when you created the dialog.

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

0
Scott
1/14/2008 7:39:00 PM
On 14 Jan, 19:39, "Scott McPhillips [MVP]" <org-dot-mvps-at-scottmcp>
wrote:
> <stew...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hello.
>
> > I want to check a checkbox using the CheckDlgButton
> > (hWND,IDC_CHECK1,BE_CHECKED) command
>
> > The checkbox resides in a Dialog box called IDD_MYAPPLICATION_DIALOG.
> > However, when I put this in the hWND field I get the error
>
> > error C2664: 'CheckDlgButton' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'int'
> > to 'HWND'
> >        Conversion from integral type to pointer type requires
> > reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
>
> > What do I have to put in the hWND field to make this work?
>
> > Cheers
>
> Are you using MFC or the straight Win32 APIs?  This is an MFC newsgroup.
>
> ID's are constant integers assigned at build time.  HWND's are variable
> numbers assigned by the OS at run time.  You can't use an ID where and HWND
> is expected.  If you need an HWND then you have to use the HWND that was
> returned when you created the dialog.
>
> --
> Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

I'll be honest with you.  I don't actually know.  I assume MFC, but as
I say, I've not done Windows before, and this Checkbox control is the
only thing I actually need to do.  But its wasting valuable time I
could be spending on the actual algorithm I'm writing.

In the actual Dialog code, if I do
CheckDlgButton(IDC_CHECK1,BE_CHECKED) it works, but unfortunately this
isnt of much practical use to me.

How do I get the HWND that was returned when the dialog was created?
This is a program that has been passed to me, and unfortunately, the
person who gave it me isn't around to ask them.

I appreciate that this is basic, and all your help is very much
appreciated.
0
stewb85 (11)
1/14/2008 7:50:17 PM
>> Are you using MFC or the straight Win32 APIs?  This is an MFC newsgroup.
>>

> I'll be honest with you.  I don't actually know.  I assume MFC, but as
> I say, I've not done Windows before, and this Checkbox control is the
> only thing I actually need to do.  But its wasting valuable time I
> could be spending on the actual algorithm I'm writing.
>
> In the actual Dialog code, if I do
> CheckDlgButton(IDC_CHECK1,BE_CHECKED) it works, but unfortunately this
> isnt of much practical use to me.
>
> How do I get the HWND that was returned when the dialog was created?
> This is a program that has been passed to me, and unfortunately, the
> person who gave it me isn't around to ask them.
>
> I appreciate that this is basic, and all your help is very much
> appreciated.

The fact that it works in the actual dialog code is a pretty good hint that
you are using MFC.  It appears that your real problem is not understanding
that the above call is to a C++ member function.  Your error message shows
you are not calling the MFC version of CheckDlgButton but attempting to call
the API version.  The MFC version is a member function of the dialog and it
"knows" the HWND of the dialog.

The solution is to call it this way:

 pDialog->CheckDlgButton(IDC_CHECK1,BE_CHECKED);

No HWND required, but you have to have a pointer to the dialog object like
pDialog.  If you are making this call in some code module that is not part
of the dialog then first you have to call that module, passing it the 'this'
pointer from the dialog object.  Your module would save this pointer for
later use so it can call dialog functions.  Do you understand this C++
idiom?

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

0
Scott
1/14/2008 10:34:32 PM
Where are you trying to make this call from?  Do you have a pointer to the
dialog
accessible from this location?  If so, pMyDlg->m_hWnd is what you want.

Drew

<stewb85@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On 14 Jan, 19:39, "Scott McPhillips [MVP]" <org-dot-mvps-at-scottmcp>
> wrote:
>> <stew...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> > Hello.
>>
>> > I want to check a checkbox using the CheckDlgButton
>> > (hWND,IDC_CHECK1,BE_CHECKED) command
>>
>> > The checkbox resides in a Dialog box called IDD_MYAPPLICATION_DIALOG.
>> > However, when I put this in the hWND field I get the error
>>
>> > error C2664: 'CheckDlgButton' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'int'
>> > to 'HWND'
>> >        Conversion from integral type to pointer type requires
>> > reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
>>
>> > What do I have to put in the hWND field to make this work?
>>
>> > Cheers
>>
>> Are you using MFC or the straight Win32 APIs?  This is an MFC newsgroup.
>>
>> ID's are constant integers assigned at build time.  HWND's are variable
>> numbers assigned by the OS at run time.  You can't use an ID where and
>> HWND
>> is expected.  If you need an HWND then you have to use the HWND that was
>> returned when you created the dialog.
>>
>> --
>> Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]
>
> I'll be honest with you.  I don't actually know.  I assume MFC, but as
> I say, I've not done Windows before, and this Checkbox control is the
> only thing I actually need to do.  But its wasting valuable time I
> could be spending on the actual algorithm I'm writing.
>
> In the actual Dialog code, if I do
> CheckDlgButton(IDC_CHECK1,BE_CHECKED) it works, but unfortunately this
> isnt of much practical use to me.
>
> How do I get the HWND that was returned when the dialog was created?
> This is a program that has been passed to me, and unfortunately, the
> person who gave it me isn't around to ask them.
>
> I appreciate that this is basic, and all your help is very much
> appreciated.

0
dam4330 (47)
1/14/2008 11:39:00 PM
On Jan 14, 10:34 pm, "Scott McPhillips [MVP]" <org-dot-mvps-at-
scottmcp> wrote:
> <stew...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >> Are you using MFC or the straight Win32 APIs?  This is an MFC newsgroup.
>
> > I'll be honest with you.  I don't actually know.  I assume MFC, but as
> > I say, I've not done Windows before, and this Checkbox control is the
> > only thing I actually need to do.  But its wasting valuable time I
> > could be spending on the actual algorithm I'm writing.
>
> > In the actual Dialog code, if I do
> > CheckDlgButton(IDC_CHECK1,BE_CHECKED) it works, but unfortunately this
> > isnt of much practical use to me.
>
> > How do I get the HWND that was returned when the dialog was created?
> > This is a program that has been passed to me, and unfortunately, the
> > person who gave it me isn't around to ask them.
>
> > I appreciate that this is basic, and all your help is very much
> > appreciated.
>
> The fact that it works in the actual dialog code is a pretty good hint that
> you are using MFC.  It appears that your real problem is not understanding
> that the above call is to a C++ member function.  Your error message shows
> you are not calling the MFC version of CheckDlgButton but attempting to call
> the API version.  The MFC version is a member function of the dialog and it
> "knows" the HWND of the dialog.
>
> The solution is to call it this way:
>
>  pDialog->CheckDlgButton(IDC_CHECK1,BE_CHECKED);
>
> No HWND required, but you have to have a pointer to the dialog object like
> pDialog.  If you are making this call in some code module that is not part
> of the dialog then first you have to call that module, passing it the 'this'
> pointer from the dialog object.  Your module would save this pointer for
> later use so it can call dialog functions.  Do you understand this C++
> idiom?
>
> --
> Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

Hmm, that makes some sense.  Just to give you another brief overview
of whats happening

MyApplicationDialog

(various code here)

CallFilter (parameters);

Filter (parameters)

(various code)

if x<150
CheckDlgButton(My Application);

Now, if this was C obviously to pass the value from one module to
another, you set a pointer, put this pointer in the function
parameters, and put that in the header files.  However, this seems not
to be the case with MFC.

How do I go about creating the pointer to my Dialog box.  And I've
heard of the this pointer, but never really used it before.

Cheers again.
0
stewb85 (11)
1/15/2008 3:03:57 PM
> Hmm, that makes some sense.  Just to give you another brief overview
> of whats happening
>

> MyApplicationDialog
>
> (various code here)
>
> CallFilter (parameters);

> Filter (parameters)
>
> (various code)
>
> if x<150
> CheckDlgButton(My Application);
>

> Now, if this was C obviously to pass the value from one module to
> another, you set a pointer, put this pointer in the function
> parameters, and put that in the header files.  However, this seems not
> to be the case with MFC.
>
> How do I go about creating the pointer to my Dialog box.  And I've
> heard of the this pointer, but never really used it before.
>
> Cheers again.

Easy, using the method you describe:
// from diaog class
  Filter (this, parameters);

void Filter (CWnd* pDialog, parameters)
{
   (various code)
    if (x<150)
     pDialog->CheckDlgButton(My Application);
}

The new parameter could also be a MyApplicationDialog* if you include the
required header file.  This would let you call your own dialog functions, in
addition to CDialog/CWnd functions.

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

0
Scott
1/15/2008 3:13:59 PM
On Jan 15, 3:13 pm, "Scott McPhillips [MVP]" <org-dot-mvps-at-
scottmcp> wrote:
> <stew...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hmm, that makes some sense.  Just to give you another brief overview
> > of whats happening
>
> > MyApplicationDialog
>
> > (various code here)
>
> > CallFilter (parameters);
>
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > Filter (parameters)
>
> > (various code)
>
> > if x<150
> > CheckDlgButton(My Application);
>
> > Now, if this was C obviously to pass the value from one module to
> > another, you set a pointer, put this pointer in the function
> > parameters, and put that in the header files.  However, this seems not
> > to be the case with MFC.
>
> > How do I go about creating the pointer to my Dialog box.  And I've
> > heard of the this pointer, but never really used it before.
>
> > Cheers again.
>
> Easy, using the method you describe:
> // from diaog class
>   Filter (this, parameters);
>
> void Filter (CWnd* pDialog, parameters)
> {
>    (various code)
>     if (x<150)
>      pDialog->CheckDlgButton(My Application);
>
> }
>
> The new parameter could also be a MyApplicationDialog* if you include the
> required header file.  This would let you call your own dialog functions, in
> addition to CDialog/CWnd functions.
>
> --
> Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

OK, hopefully getting there now.  From the Dialog code, I'm calling

filter1.Track(this,mfirstframe,mlastframe,rectangle);

This calls the Track function in the filter file, which is as so

void ParticleFilter::Track(CWnd* pDialog,int firstframe, int
lastframe, Rectangle1 &shape)

then this is used for the dialog box here

if (x<150) {
pDialog->CheckDlgButton(IDC_CHECK3,BST_CHECKED); }

Unfortunately, the following errors occur

1>h:\mydocuments\myapplication\myapplicationdlg.cpp(442) : error
C2660: 'ParticleFilter::Track' : function does not take 4 arguments
1>MyIplClass.cpp
1>h:\mydocuments\myapplication\particlefilter.h(28) : error C2061:
syntax error : identifier 'Cwnd'
1>ParticleFilter.cpp
1>h:\mydocuments\myapplication\particlefilter.h(28) : error C2061:
syntax error : identifier 'Cwnd'
1>h:\mydocuments\myapplication\particlefilter.cpp(61) : error C2511:
'void ParticleFilter::Track(CWnd *,int,int,Rectangle1 &)' : overloaded
member function not found in 'ParticleFilter'
1>        h:\mydocuments\myapplication\particlefilter.h(9) : see
declaration of 'ParticleFilter'

I've tried putting "this" and "Cwnd *pDialog" in the parameters for
the Track function in particlefilter.h, but neither work.  Hopefully
though, when thats sorted this will be OK.
0
stewb85 (11)
1/15/2008 3:36:25 PM
Got it working.  Turns out the latest errors were just because I had a
letter in lower case rather than upper case.

Thankyou very much everyone for your help, but especially to Scott
McPhillips.  Now I can get on with the main focus of the project

0
stewb85 (11)
1/15/2008 4:00:49 PM
Since you are using MFC, why not just use ClassWizard (Ctrl+W) to associate
a CButton control variable to the checkbox, and then just call the
SetCheck(BST_CHECKED) method?

<stewb85@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello.
>
> I want to check a checkbox using the CheckDlgButton
> (hWND,IDC_CHECK1,BE_CHECKED) command
>
> The checkbox resides in a Dialog box called IDD_MYAPPLICATION_DIALOG.
> However, when I put this in the hWND field I get the error
>
> error C2664: 'CheckDlgButton' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'int'
> to 'HWND'
>        Conversion from integral type to pointer type requires
> reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
>
> What do I have to put in the hWND field to make this work?
>
> Cheers

Questions about rebuilding a db 03-28-10
Lateley I've notices my database freezing from time to time, so I tried the following... a) created a new data base b) imported all tables, queries, forms, ...... ,modules c) reset the References d) reset the Startup options e) compile Everything is working great now, but I have a few questions about this process. Did I miss any crucial steps? (don't want any surprises later) Is there a prefered order to do these steps? Finally, the database is now about 30% smaller, even though I was regularly compiling, compacting/repairing the former one. I'd like to know w...

microsoft publisher question
Is there any way to retrieve a document that wasn't saved? Doubtful. You might get lucky and Publisher created a temp file. In Windows Explorer, type %temp% in the address bar. Find any file that has a pub prefix. Change the .tmp to .pub and try opening it. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "llcoby" <llcoby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F76C488D-E9CB-469C-AE5C-BC720692437A@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to retrieve a document that wasn't saved? ...

Installation of CRM on SBS 2003 Question
When installing CRM 3.0 on Microsoft SBS 2003 will installing into the default web site cause any problems with any thing else running from there such as Outook Web access, sharepoint, etc? Is it better to create a "new web site" when installing? Thanks, John Lammey You should create a new website. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "John Lammey" wrote: > When installing CRM 3.0 on Microsoft SBS 2003 will installing into the > default web site cause any problems with any thing else running from there > such as Outook Web access, sharepoint,...

Excel question reposted
Hi I am reposting this problem with more detail in the hope that there is a workaround to this. Initially what I did was created a spreadsheet and then pasted 'screenshots' into the spreadsheet with comments bedside. I then shared the workbook, as I require other people's comments. Once they have entered their comments in the spreadsheet, I will then move the pasted screenshots and all comments to another 'Sheet'. The problem is that now that the spreadsheet is shared, I cant move the pictures. Thanks again Julia It's true that there are significant restricti...

Outlook 2010 question
I want to delete my existing pst folders and start over with a pst that I have saved to a safe location. How do I do that? You delete the present pst and put the pst files that you have backed up manually back in the same place from where you deleted the present pst -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. http://www.microsoft.com/protect "RichCo" <richcolo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:4cd59...

Physical inventory question #3
I have a customer that is looking at an inventory last month and in the Summary box it shows what quantities and values were expected, however, when I click Print and export the data to CSV, the expected totals do not match what is in the summary box. Any ideas? Is there a way to subtotal the Active report when printed to screen? Thanks in advance. Phil Try the 2nd icon "select columns to group" on the top of the report. You can subtotal them by what column you choose to group them by. "Phil V" wrote: > I have a customer that is looking at an inventory last...

Exchange 5.5 IMC question
Hi, anyone know how to stop an Exchange 5.5 IMC from recieving but still allow it to send?? Cheers John On the Connections tab, set the Transfer Mode to Outbound Only. Restart the IMS. -- Denis McDowell [MSFT] "John" <John@4sol.com> wrote in message news:OnQV9krLEHA.2612@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > anyone know how to stop an Exchange 5.5 IMC from recieving but still allow > it to send?? > > Cheers > > John > > Great tip!! This is the answer to my problem (see the "Can I run NAV on received e-mails?"). I need to install NA...

User Form Security Question
Hi, I'm creating a form, which onces completed transfers the data over to the spreadsheet. But the guys in work don't really pay much attention to what they have entered , so i was wondering is there any way to make the user double check every entry? I was thinking, once the user clicks ok, a msgbox would appear giving the user the value they entered, click ok if correct or cancel to amend. Is there a easy way to do this? Cheers. -- harpscardiff ------------------------------------------------------------------------ harpscardiff's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/mem...

checkbox/calculations
I have a form with a subform. In the subform I have all the past service dates. I have a calculation where I take the most recent service date and multiply by the service interval on the main form to give me the next service date. I would like to add a checkbox in the subform or next to the nextservice date so it can take that date and put it into the servicelog and give me the next date automatically. Is there a way to do this. and if so what is the easiest way to go about it. I basically want it to automatically update without me having to move the date manually from the next service ...

Checkbox customization question
How can I implement checkbox in MSCRM ? I have a contacts with multiple professions. From a list of available professions as checkboxes, the user should be able to check all the applicable professions. Any ideas. Try Powertrak Core from www.axonom.com "Arch" <discussion11@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:b87a74db.0405210819.3232b5d8@posting.google.com... > How can I implement checkbox in MSCRM ? I have a contacts with > multiple professions. From a list of available professions as > checkboxes, the user should be able to check all the applicable > professions. Any...

address database question
I am setting up an address database in Excel 2003 that I need to be able to use to make labels for mailings. I have people that are in different "categories" and will want to group them by that category, depending on who I am sending the mailing to. For instance, I have a person, Person A, who is a general supporter, lives in the area, and sponsors a child. Person A is in three of the possible 5 categories. Another person, Person B, might be simply a general supporter (i.e., in one category). How can I best organize the data - and the headings - so that I can make labels ...

Checkbox Push-like will not react with ON_BN_CLICKED when pushed
Hello! I'm using MFC 7.1 I have an checkbox control that has Push-like == true. I have created a control variable which has the type CButton CButton check0; I have created a message map ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_CHECK0,OnBnClickedCheck0) See below for OnBnClickedCheck0() The message works when the button isn't pushed, i.e. the checkbox has state==BST_UNCHECKED But when I click on the button when it's checked (BST_CHECKED) then OnBnClickedCheck0() will NOT be called! Why? How do I fix so that OnBnClickedCheck0() will be called everytime I click on the checkbox button?? // Anders -...

eConnect question #3
When integrating inventory items via eConnect, is it possible to assign the item to all existing sites? Tony: Yes you can do that - by building your own code in the taUpdateCreateItemRcdPost procedure - I added the following code and now when I pass one item all of the sites of I have set up are now inserted into the IV00102 table. I just did a quick test and it seemed to work out fine. Here is the simple code you would add to the post procedure. I hope this is what you are looking for - I built this on 9.x (hopefully it pastes in here okay). Code to insert: insert into IV00102 (I...

overtime charging question
A B C date hours worked 9 name hours offered 10 hours charged 3 Hi I have a sheet set up this way and want to chart overtime. Anything over 8 hours is time and a half, Saturday's are time and a half all day and Sunday is double charge.How can i set this up so it recognizes the date and charges correctly on the weekends. Will Excel recognize the date as weekend? The example above shows someone working 9 but offered 10 so charged 1 1/2 x 2 or 3 hours charged. Thanks Karl Karl Chip Pearson has a good sit...

Security Model Design Question
Poke a Hole in this Security Model! I think I have a pretty good security design, but wanted a second opinion :). The following Security model works – however, I have to lock the user out of Excel downloads and Mail merges so that the user can’t download the company’s entire contact list. Am I overlooking something that would allow users to own individual Accounts and Contact, yet preclude others from seeing opportunities attached to contacts they own? Background Assumptions 1 – Some sales reps are organized Geographically – others are organized Functionally (by industry). 2 – Sales...

Shared Borders Question....
Can 'Shared Borders' be .asp rather than .htm? There is a particular script I will like to run, but it can not be .htm. Thanks David No. -- Tom [Pepper] Willett Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997 --------------------------- "116" <116@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52CEB706-E273-461F-9DD9-483EBA3C1F57@microsoft.com... : Can 'Shared Borders' be .asp rather than .htm? There is a particular script : I will like to run, but it can not be .htm. : : Thanks : David The shared border files must be .htm - left.htm, righ...

Basic IF function help needed
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00AE_01C71C7B.8E24F3D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm using Excel 2002 for the first time and trying to place a function = into a cell. I 'm using IF(N44=3DL, M44-L44, L44-M44) . Which is supposed to mean If the letter L is in cell N44, then subtract = number in L44 from number in M44. Otherwise subtract M44 from L44. If have 2 main questions...First, how to get the result of the function = to show. Right now I see the function typed out in...

listview insert question
I am really having a time determining what is wrong with the inserting from a dropdownlist inside a listview. Everything else is working regarding the listview, except the insert. But, there must partially working as there is a new row added to the table, just not with information. When I add SelectedValue='<%# Bind("ApplicationItemID") %>' to the droplist I get an error. The error is as follows; "Databinding methods such as Eval(), XPath(), and Bind() can only be used in the context of a databound control." I have an insertcommand a...

"newbie" question using exchange
we have a new install of exchange using sbs 2003. What we would like to do is setup mail folders for three different user accounts that are accessable by all users. I would like for mail that is sent to these accounts (eg: orders@companyname.com) to be sent to the appropriate "public" folder. Could someone give me some direction on setting this up? Any alternate suggestions would be appreciated. Here is a link that explains how to do what you are looking for: http://www.msexchange.org/articles/MF021.html The link relates to Exchange 2000 but the steps are the same. -- Mark Fuga...

Regarding button grayed out in CRM for Outlook
Hello, I have the above problem in 2 pcs. First has OS windows XP professional and Outlook 2003 SP2. Second has OS windows 2000 professional and Outlook 2003 SP2. In both the CRM toolbar appears fine, and, when you click on it the forms that open have the Regarding buttons grayed out, so we cannot really use them. No error message, no other problems. Please advise, Elena So does it work for other computers or other users on those computers? Could be a security role issue for the users. Does it work if they access CRM through Explorer rather than Outlook client? Ryan Elena wrote: &...

Setup new acct question...
I am trying to add a new bank account in 2004. When it comes to assigning a FI I am only given the choice, in a drop down list, of the accts that have previously been set up. How do I manage to get a new bank name assigned? tia In microsoft.public.money, John h wrote: >I am trying to add a new bank account in 2004. When it comes to assigning a >FI I am only given the choice, in a drop down list, of the accts that have >previously been set up. How do I manage to get a new bank name assigned? AccountList->SetUpAccounts->AddANewAccount and type the name of the bank int...

A question about CCommandLineInfo
I want to write an application that if it is given no command line arguments, it will run in a GUI mode. However, if the user passes any command line arguments, it means that he wishes to execute the program in a "automatic" mode, therefore I want it to in this case run and eject information to the console. I want it to be a single application to help reduce redant code. - Christopher Dannemiller. This is a common question. I've never seen a good answer for it, mostly because I think the idea basically is a Bad Idea anyway. joe On 3 Jun 2005 15:54:00 -0700, chris.dannemil...

DISP_FUNCTION_ID and ON_EVENT question
Hi, When I used: AfxConnectionAdvise (pSrcUnk, __uuidof (ISomeInterfaceEvents), GetIDispatch(TRUE), TRUE, &m_cookie); in a CCmdTarget derived class. I expected that I will be able to use ON_EVENT but it didn't work but DISP_FUNCTION_ID. Can any one explain this and what is the difference between DISP_FUNCTION_ID and ON_EVENT Thanks in advance ...

Question on MDI Apps #2
I am creating an MDI app that will have a variety of dialog boxes that will be displayed from clicking on Menu items. ex. Customers, Vendors, Inventory etc. I want to have the ability to have a single copy of each of these open at the same time. ex. both the customer and inventory dialog box open at the same time in the app. I also want to have them both listed in the Window menu. Should I use a Modeless Dialog Box or should I use a FormView? If you say a FormView, I know how to display a dialog box from a menu click but how do you display a formview based on a menu click? Also if you say...

Capability questions
We are currently evaluating MSCRM and are wondering if it is possible to do a couple of things. 1) Mailmerge/emailmerge related party information. ie if we have a referral relationship can I send an email like... Hi {Lead:firstname}, you were referred to use by {referal:firstname} 2) Can you have relationship roles for a lead? 3) Can I run a workflow rule on a closed opportunity? I want to schedule a task based on a maturity date stored in the opportunity entity 4) Can I use attributes from a custom entity in an email or word merge? Can I create custom placehol...