Bad Web Links

I have a problem on one particular computer in France.  In researching the problem, I thought that the bug was related to the problem reported in

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;30560

This page isn't really dated but was last checked 9/2003

The page also allows downloads of the patch.  For English Windows 2000, it leads to page

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=6D5E05E6-2D13-4FE7-B322-DFBF1B4589C

which is dated 11/2001.  The description on the page does not match the first page, either

Now, the original problem is fixed in Visual Studio 6.0, Service Pack 6 which wasn't released until 3/2004.  Service Pack 5 was released in 2000.  (At least the Readme's file list doesn't seem to list anything past 2000.)  I'm guessing that the first file was generated in 2003, and does not link successfully

Since our problem is not related to this problem (further testing proves that formatting floats isn't crashing us, but I don't know what is crashing us at this point) it does not really affect me, but I would like the ability to download the new MSVCRT DLL on a non-development machine

Thanks

Terry
0
anonymous (74722)
5/4/2004 6:11:08 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Terry,

MS01-060 indicates this is a Security Bulletin. IE the update listed is one
provided to customers via Windows Update (as an EG) and that it was
documented in 2001 (MS01) and is the sixtieth bulletin of that year (-060).
In addition, reading the details on the English US XP version of the patch
indicates that the only known potential exploit for this security issue is
with SQL Server Queries. Obviously there may be more potential exploits.

There is bound to have been a 'double' fix for this - one in the msvcrt code
to check precision is within limits and one in SQL Server to ensure that
format strings are correct.

Hint: If the problem is with a French locale installation, then check on
locale specific issues EG format strings (thousands and decimal separators,
parsing methods are correct for locale), and encryption limitations in
France.

- Tim

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=6D5E05E6-2D13-4FE7-B322-DFBF1B4589C1

> which is dated 11/2001.  The description on the page does not match the
first page, either.

> Now, the original problem is fixed in Visual Studio 6.0, Service Pack 6
which wasn't released until 3/2004.  Service Pack 5 was released in 2000.
(At least the Readme's file list doesn't seem to list anything past 2000.)
I'm guessing that the first file was generated in 2003, and does not link
successfully.

> Since our problem is not related to this problem (further testing proves
that formatting floats isn't crashing us, but I don't know what is crashing
us at this point) it does not really affect me, but I would like the ability
to download the new MSVCRT DLL on a non-development machine.

> Thanks.
>
> Terry

0
Tim

Workbook Linking
ANYONE KNOW HOW TO LINK TWO WORKBOOKS TOGETHER IN SEPARATE DRIVES ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Open them both, tile them so you can see both, then click into a cell on one book, type =, then use the mouse to click into a cell on the other book and hit enter. Save the book and then close the source book, at which point the full filepath will appear in the workbook. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel ...

Copying Multiple Links at One Time
Need someone's assistance to figure out how one can create multiple links from files on a hard drive, into a spreadsheet with each file link located in a separate cell. Problem: I'm working over in Iraq and support an Iraqi group working in a forensics area. The Iraqi team I'm working with wants to produce an Excel spreadsheet with links to specific files on their hard drive. Trouble is we have almost 110,000 files to link. Is there a way to do this without inputing each link individually? Heelinva -- heelinva --------------------------------------------------------------...

Linking issue
Hi, I want to link the entire row that has data in sheet 1 to a cell in sheet 2. Is this possible and if so how do you do it? Stuck on this issue. -Version:Excel XP. Yes you can, It is very simple. Just select on the cells that you want to insert a hyperlink to and then click on the "Insert" Tab and then click on the "Hyperlink" button. The hyperlink window will appear with different properties and it will be pretty much straight forward from that point. Hope this helps, Vicente. "t" wrote: > Hi, I want to link the entire row that ha...

Paste Link enters a 0 into the cell where I paste. How do I elemin
When I use Paste Link the cell that I link to shows a 0 iin the cell if there is no data in the cell it is linked to. How do I eleminate the 0. I want the cell to be null if there is no data. Tools -> Options -> View Uncheck the box next to Zero Values "UNR" wrote: > When I use Paste Link the cell that I link to shows a 0 iin the cell if there > is no data in the cell it is linked to. How do I eleminate the 0. I want the > cell to be null if there is no data. It won't be null, but it'll look blank: =if(a1="","",a1) Or between shee...

how do i link cells that contain text in excel
i am creating a spreadsheet that will have several cells that contain the same as another cell - either number or text - is there anyway to link so when i type (example) the number 3 in cell A2 it will also appear in cells C12 and D42. thanking everyone in advance for their assistance. It can be done in 2 Methods. Method 1:- Place the cursor in C12 and press = and type A2. Now it will show the A2 cell value 3 in C12. if you place the cursor in C12 it will show the formula as =A2. Follow the same step for D42 also. Method 2:- Place the cursor in C12 and press = and type I...

Web Access Bug when logging in
I have found with Exchange 2003, if I add a new user in AD and then I try to log into the web access app, everything works fine. But, when I change or remove the original primary email account, I am no longer able to log into the web access tool. I have tried this many different was but this I drilled down to to every time I change or delete the primary email account, I am not longer able to log in. Does anyone else see this or know why this is happening? "I change or remove the original primary email account" Do you mean account or e-mail address? The exchange folder i...

Email link in a stationary
Hello all, I have created an html file stationary and I wrote my name address etc... and my email address I have setup this html file to write the link of my email address for ie in red, so red if it is activated, red visited and red for the link itself but when using this stationary in Outlook 2002, this link comes out as blue (the usual link in blue) - this does not go well with my design ........ Any idea what I can do ? Thanks a lot. ...

Contact list problem:Is it possible to use 'local' e-mail address that links to an external e-mail ?
I need to send alerts from MOM server to my cell@mobile.att.net. If try to enter this address on MOM directly, it doesn't work because it is an external address. Then I created a contact on the Exchange server. Alias is EmailAdmins. SMTP:cell@mobile.att.net. The only information I have on my local domain is my EmailAdmins (alias). If I enter cell@mobile.att.net that is still an external address. The problem here is that MOM app would not resolve the *alias* to the e-mail address on my contact list ( cell@mobile.att.net.) Any input on how I can establish a local e-mail address on my cont...

Web Application integration
Hi, I am new to MSCRM and i went thru sdk and got the idea about the object hierarchies now i have started implementation. and as an initial task i have planned to integrate into MS CRM from an external web application for example.. creating contacts, accounts, leads and opportunities by updating data through the SDK. I want little guidence to do this. If possible pls send me the code snippets or just refer me a good site to do this. Regards, Pio The sdk provides the best examples you will see. There is a section called howto which gives many codes samples. Note that the class documentati...

Dot Matrix look and feel of some Great Plains reports look bad
I just did a Payroll & HR demo for a local town on Long Island and was embarassed when the audience commented about the fact that many of the reports look like old dot matrix printouts and not grapgical presentations like the competition is showing. I think this show be addressed. I recall one year at convergence that this fact was discussed and I thought it was being addressed..... Am I mistaking ? Please advise.... Image is everything ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggest...

Collection of links
Hello, it is a great forum and very interesting, but i cannot find foru rules Greetings, I wish to share with you the collection of links concernin Internet trading, the finances, loans and work in the forex market. http://trading-software.finance-on-line.biz http://tax-lien.finance-on-line.biz http://stock.finance-on-line.biz http://online-trading.finance-on-line.biz http://online-banking.finance-on-line.biz http://mortgage.finance-on-line.biz http://forex-trading.finance-on-line.biz http://fast-cash-loan.finance-on-line.biz http://earn-money-at-home.finance-on-line.biz http://broker...

"Locate Link Browser" #2
For the past couple of days, every time I click on an URL--the URL is launched in my default browser and I get a window with the title "Locate Link Browser" that has a default setting of an executable file. I don't think I've made any setting changes--but something is different. TIA isidis <isidis@gmail.com> wrote: > For the past couple of days, every time I click on an URL--the URL is > launched in my default browser and I get a window with the title > "Locate Link Browser" that has a default setting of an executable > file. I don't think I&...

Excel link to data in other worksheet only refreshes one column
In an Excel workbook, I want to link data from one worksheet (a list of companies containing three columns of data - name, ID#, Ref#) to several other worksheets in the workbook (where various calculations will occur). I used the Import Data feature to link between worksheets. When I update data in the source worksheet (add a company name, ID#, Ref#), only the company name is updated/refreshed in the dependent worksheets. I need all three data elements from the source worksheet to be refreshed in the dependent worksheets. Anyone understand the problem and how to fix it? ...

Microsoft Outlook Web access #2
When I am signed in to my E-mail at work over the Web Access iI can open and read all of my messages but when I click on Reply, Reply to All or Forward the window just disappears. What is wrong and how do I fix? Ask your Exchange Admin for assistance as it may be a configuration setting within Exchange. Contrary to the name, it is actually a function of Exchange, not Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without readin...

SMS Link (Verizon) Not working
Hi, I've just setup SMS Link but am not getting the text message with the 4 digit confirmation code sent to my cellular phone. I'm on the Verizon network and I'm certain that my text services are enabled and working. Does anyone know if there's a problem using SMS Link with Verizon? Or does anyone have any troubleshooting suggestions? I can't seem to find the proper Microsoft channel to support SMS Link. I'm an MSDN subscriber and developer. Thanks! -Charley ...

Link Form
I know how to link a sub form within a Main Form by creating a child and parent field with the same ID. However, I am having a problem creating a link with a command button from one form to another and forcing it to take the same ID. Any ideas? Pass the ID to the other form using the OpenArgs argument of the OpenForm method. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Rose" wrote: > I know how to link a sub form within a Main Form by creating a child and > parent field with the same ID. However, I am having a problem creating a > link with a command button from one f...

Sending HTML Web Page
Hi, Im trying to send a WebPage I created on my computer, Everything works fine but the text color does not send correct. I have my background in black my text in another color, but when I send the website my text becomes black on a background of black, so my viewer can't see my text. Is there a way to keep these settings? Why is it not keeping my current settings when I saved my webpage? Any Help would greatly be appreciated. -- Thanks, Nick Pavlovich The Dollar Book Store http://stores.ebay.com/thedollarbookstore ...

RMS and Web Store
I am a previous user of Quicksell Commerce who has since upgraded to RMS. With QSC, I was able to export xml orders from my web store onto a server run by Quicksell. I then downloaded them directly into Quicksell. Since they were bought out, the server which hosted these xml orders was shut down. I have been searching for an alternate server to host these xml files. Do these need to be hosted or can I host them myself? Is there any documentation on this subject? Thanks, Bill Check out http://www.newestech.com They have a web integration module that handles the download and import proce...

Web Extraordinaire
Hello, Very experienced web programming, being reduced to a newbie, cause the exec can (and will) only use Excel. I am in the beginning stage but I all ready hit a snag . Here a quick ditty I am trying to 1. 3 of the Worksheet in one excel file 2. Worksheet one has been name " Daily Goals " Worksheet two has been name " 1 - Jan " Worksheet three has benn name "2 - Jan" 3. Now the sheet " 1 - Jan " and " 2 - Jan " has two column. Column one has the header " Business Name " and column two has the Header " Telephone NUM " ...

Linking Excel to Word #2
I am trying to paste a link from EXCEL into WORD. I would like the font and format I have put into the cell in excel to stay the same when the link is pasted into WORD. Additionally, when I update the EXCEL sheet, I would like to see the changes in WORD document in the same font. I'm trying to update brochures, pricing and descriptions from our Excel list so when I update...I only have to do it in one location. When I currently LINK AND PASTE THE SPECIAL...but what option do I choose so that it stays in the same format and I can alter in Excel and the changes in word would go u...

Can an Excel Invoice link to an Excel Accounts Receivable Report?
I'm useing the newest version of Microsoft Office (2003??), and I want to do my invoices in Excel and I would like to if and how to have the invoices tracked in the Excel Accounts Receivable Report. ...

VBA
Hi all Is it possible to add an excel chart to a PowerPoint presentation as a linked object using VBA (or via an external VB6 app). I want to achieve the same result as when you copy (to clipboard) a chart from excel and 'Paste Special.../Paste Link' in PowerPoint. I'm using PowerPoint 97 and Excel 97. Thanks in advance Ben ...

Linked forms
I'm trying to open one form (frmSummary) from another (frmContacts) and pass data to the second form when it opens. I thought I had the code right, but it's not working. Not sure if this would make a difference or not, but ClientCaseInfoID on the first form is held in a combo box that is based on a query. Here's the code I'm using: Private Sub Label43_Click() DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acRecordsMenu, acSaveRecord, , acMenuVer70 Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String stDocName = "frmSummary" stLinkCriteria = "...

Reminder program linked to Excel?
Hello, I was wondering if there is a program that will link to excel that would prompt me to phone a client based on a cell with a specfic date? Thanks, Mike --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You could do this with conditional formatting or a macro that put up a msgbox or etc. You could even have a dialer macro that dials the number directly from excel. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "memac19 >" <<memac19.1cnc84@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:memac19.1cnc84@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hello, > > I was wonde...

2010 Beta: New "Linked Note" Feature Not Working
I have downloaded the 2010 Beta version, but the new function "Linked Notes" (which automatically adds links to the program one is using -- if one uses the "docked" screen view) does not work at all. Has anyone else experienced this? Or know how to remedy it? I am using the 2010 OneNote file format (which is required to use the new feature). David [Note this is a re-post. Subject was incomplete on first post[ djprius wrote: > [Note this is a re-post. Subject was incomplete on first post[ Unnecessary and only disturbing. Rainald On Dec 1...