AxtiveX ctrl subclassing custom control

Hi!
There are plenty of examples where ActiveX ctrls are subclassed from
Windows controls such as BUTTON, EDIT, etc. I've got custom control
based on CRichEditCtrl, and I'd like to build ActiveX ctrl subclassed
from it. I'm not quite sure how this should be done. In all examples I
found the approach is like this -

BOOL CActiveXWrapperCtrl::PreCreateWindow(CREATESTRUCT& cs)
{
	cs.lpszClass = _T("EDIT");
	return COleControl::PreCreateWindow(cs);
}

well, my custom control does not have registered name, so what should
i do?

many thanks

kdv09
0
kdv09 (1)
9/17/2008 2:46:19 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Member Server to Domain Controller
Hi How do I promote a member server running Windows 2003 Server SP2 and Certificate Services to a domain controller. Regards Use the system command dcpromo Check out the link below http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_install_active_directory_on_windows_2003.htm -- Paul Bergson MVP - Directory Services MCITP - Enterprise Administrator MCTS, MCT, MCSE, MCSA, MCP, Security +, BS CSci 2008, Vista, 2003, 2000 (Early Achiever), NT4 Microsoft's Thrive IT Pro of the Month - June 2009 http://www.pbbergs.com Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewGroups. ...

Outlook Client makes Settings & Customization menus disappear
Hi all, I've noticed that now I've installed the Outlook Client for MS CRM 3.0, my Settings & Customization menus disappear in the web client. I realise that they shouldn' t be in the Outlook Client (no problem) and figure it's due to a conflict between the two... I've tried deleting my temporary Internet files which works, but was wondering if anyone had found a better (one off) solution that doesn't need this sort of repeated intervention. There are 3 of us who have admin access rights that disappear in this way, so while it's not a huge problem for us (...

SetWindowPos ZOrder does not work with overlapping controls?
Hello NG, I have a problem with the ZOrder of SetWindowPos. In my CDialog, I use a bitmap CStatic to display a background picture. On that, I want to show some controls. I do it as follows: m_stcBackgroundPic.SetWindowPos(&wndBottom, 0,0,1024,496, SWP_HIDEWINDOW); m_btnDoSomething.SetWindowPos(&wndTop, 10,10,100,60, SWP_HIDEWINDOW); m_stcEditCaption.SetWindowPos(&wndTop, 10,175,150,30, SWP_HIDEWINDOW); m_ctlEdit.SetWindowPos(&wndTop, 170,175,170,30, SWP_HIDEWINDOW); Later, I show the controls with ShowWindow in the same order as above (first the background pic, then the butt...

Customizing Forms Wizard
It is possible to control or customize details of the way the wizards creates objects? For instance, we have internal naming standards for controls and I would like the wizard to name each control according to our standard. I know I can use a form template for the forms created without wizards, but what about controlling the creation of the ones done via wizards too? Thanks in advance, See if this helps: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/151218/EN-US/ Román Valoria wrote: >It is possible to control or customize details of the way the wizards creates >objects? > >For ...

Customers & Suppliers Trial Balance in Debits & Credits Format
Hi, Do anyone have a method to bring the Customers & Suppliers Trial balance in debits and Credits format just like how the G/L Trial balance works. Most of the clients are repeatedly asking for this requirement. The report should have Customer ID, Docnumber, Doc Date, payments, receipts, returns, credits accordingly falling into the debit/credit buckets with running balance totals. If the report can be picked up with any date range also, it'd be most beneficial. Thanks Janakiram M.P. ...

How to subclass multiple windows
Hi, I need to enumerate all the windows inside of IE WebBrowser control, which are all generated dynamically according to web page html content. After got all the HWND of the windows, I need to intercept WM_ERASEBKGND messages fired by those windows. I can subclass one window to get the message, but I don't know how to subclass all the windows. Could let me know how to do it? Thank you very much. "Jerry" <jerryy@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1124136420.829187.158270@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I need to enumerate all the windows inside of IE...

Custom Dictionary
I want to add Hi-Build (with a non-breaking hyphen) to a custom dictionary in Word 2007 (UK spelling). The spell checker will neither add it to my dictionary nor ignore it. I have tried editing the dictionary directly and I can get as far as Hi-Buil but then the Add button is greyed out. Can anyone help please? Does the spell check mark this as incorrect? When I checked (with my personal dictionaries switched off) this was not marked as a spelling error.Both hi and build appear to be in the default dictionary. If you want Hi-Build to be always spelled with a non-br...

Is there a way to go through all the controls on a MFC dialog?
hi, I need to get through all the controls in a MFC dialog without knowing their ID at design time. That mean that the program must get the id and then get the control. Is there a better solution? One thing is for sure, I have to get the CWnd* of all of the controls on a dialog. How do I do this? thanks ThunderMusic > I need to get through all the controls in a MFC dialog without knowing > their ID at design time. CWnd* pChild = MyDialog.GetWindow(GW_CHILD); while (pChild) { // your code... pChild = pChild->GetWindow(GW_HWNDNEXT); } thanks, it works... I had the GetWin...

Release VS2005 & XP Common Controls Manifest
Hi, I have a couple questions. 1) When upgrading an MFC project from VS2003 to VS2005, the manifest options in the upgraded project settings cause Windows not to recognise the embedded manifest (as a resource) and no hence no XP controls. 2) I thought that to fix this I would create a VS2005 MFC application and look at how it sets up the manifest. Setting up a single dialog based MFC App, (with "Common Control Manifest" ticked under Advanced) I assume should create an MFC app that includes the necessary manifest and project settings - however the resulting app does not inc...

Custom Receipt #3
I want the customer receipt to have the Customers name instead of the Customers account number (when a customer is attached to the transaction). I want to remove the line that says "You Saved..." when there is a discount or coupon applied. How can I do this? Haik, In the Manager goto Database - Registers - Receipt Formats. click properties for the receipt format that you use. Next click on properties for Sales. On the left you can turn on and off different features of the sales receipt. If you turn on Customer Address it gives you the full customer name and address. There ...

Ctrl arrow left key no longer jumps entire word?
When scrolling through a document, my 'Ctrl+arrow right' key jumps forward the entire word however recently my 'Ctrl+arrow left' key will NOT jump back the entire word. How can I correct this??????????? Something, maybe an add-in, has disabled the shortcut. To put it back, use the procedure in http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/AsgnCmdOrMacroToHotkey.htm to reassign the Ctrl+Left shortcut to the WordLeft command. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to th...

Importing customer class blanks out tax schedule
Hi - I used Integration Manager to update (only) the customer class. This caused those particular customer's to have their tax schedule ID blanked out. I set all fields other than the customer class to "Use Default". I was expecting no change to fields other than the customer class. Is this wrong? Ginny IM simulates a person keying in data. When you key data into the Customer Class field, by default, it copies data from the class into other fields (like tax schedule). You may have also changed some of the account numbers associated with the customer. -- Richard L...

Unable to edit custom dictionary within Word 2008
The first time I tried to edit my custom dictionary (I had accidentally entered a misspelled word) in Word 2008, the Edit button was available, but I was unable to click in and actually edit the list of words that came up. I temporarily gave up and resumed my spellcheck to finish the document. Then I tried again to edit the custom dictionary. Now the Edit button is dimmed, and the only way I can edit the custom dictionary is through the finder (by opening the file in a text editor). No matter which document I open or how many times I relaunch Word, this problem persists. Any suggestions? On...

Customize outlook today doesn't work anymore
When I am in Outlook2000 "Outlook Today" screen, I used to be able to press "Customize outlook today" and organize tasks in due date descending order. I can no longer activate "Customize outlook today" button anymore. Can someone help me? Thanks, Bryant Harris ...

ActiveX control is not shown correctly in Access Reports print pre
Hi All, we are developing ActiveX control's to use in MS Access. The control works fine with Access form in design mode and running mode. But in case of reports the design mode shows the control correctly but when comes to print preview mode, the size and drawing on the control is not working properly. The same control works fine with Access 2002. The problem is found to be with Access 2000. We need to enable XP theme from UxTheme.dll(Microsoft provide) if theme is avaible in the system. The drawing of theme is alo goes wrong in Access 2000 reports print preview mode. please help ...

Checkbox customization question
How can I implement checkbox in MSCRM ? I have a contacts with multiple professions. From a list of available professions as checkboxes, the user should be able to check all the applicable professions. Any ideas. Try Powertrak Core from www.axonom.com "Arch" <discussion11@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:b87a74db.0405210819.3232b5d8@posting.google.com... > How can I implement checkbox in MSCRM ? I have a contacts with > multiple professions. From a list of available professions as > checkboxes, the user should be able to check all the applicable > professions. Any...

How to Drag/Move the IE control based Application
Hi All: I am developing Dialog based application. I have placed Microsoft WebBrowser control(IE control) on main Dialog of application. On the IE control, all messages are being passed to IE control. Now problem is that I am unable to drag/move this IE Control/Dialog. Any idea about moving IE control/Dialog Please help me in this regard. Regards, Ghazanfar Ali ...

GP Analysis Cube customization
Hi, I would like to rename some of the measures in the GL cube using BI Dev Studio. - Is this supported? - Would the SSIS package continue to work? - Will the future upgrades work? Thank you. This can be done with minimal impact: Open BIDS. Connect to the server and Analysis Services database. In the solution explorer on the right-hand side of the window that appears, select the Financials cube. On the left-hand side of the window, you'll now see a list of the measure groups that exist in the Financials cube. Select the one containing the measures you wis...

ActiveX Control error message
When I try to open any of the RMS modules (Store Operations Mgr, for example) iwhich are nstalled on my server I get the following message: "ActiveX component can't create object" I AM able to open them on both of the other computers networked to that server. I am not very tech-savvy so I'm reluctant to try anything too technical to fix this, but do any of you have something simple that would work? Or at least something that would help diagnose the problem? Thanks. -- WineGuy Hi there, It depends on what version of RMS You have installed... Anyway, there is a so...

Access2007 ON_CLICK problem on IMAGE on a TAB CONTROL
Hi All, With Access 2003 i made a form with a tab control. One one of the pages there is an image control with an ON_CLICK event assigned to it (normal vba procedure). With Access2003 the ON_CLICK is executed correctly Exactly the same DB run under Access 2007 the ON_CLICK event is ignored...no reaction at all....... This problem does not seem to occur if the image is not on a tab control Nor does it appear when i replace the image with a Button control. Can anyone tell what is hapening ? Rob, this is a known issue, but it was fixed in the service pack Microsoft released this week. You c...

Make Bit field control value of float field
Hi. I've made bit field with the default options of yes and no: new_Q1 Then i've made a field to collect a amount of points, incase the bit is set to yes: new_Q1p. If i select the format of the bit value to "list" my script works fine. If I select "check box", it does not work. Can any one help me modyfi the script to work with the check box? Thanks Regards, Jacob Mondrup This is the script I use: ______________________________________________________________________________ var point = 0; var get_status = parseInt(crmForm.all.new_q1.DataValue); switch (get...

Customer accounts #2
Help! My customers are all employees - if they leave their job, would someone please tell me how to handle the account. I don't see any way to inactivate the account or hide it so it cannot be used. Must I delete it? Please let me know! Donna Hi Donna - I would never recommend deleting an account (if you do all history goes into this black hole type area). If an employee leaves, I would immediately change the 'Customer is an employee' flag and then devise a scheme for identifying 'inactive' customers. Here is what we do: 1) Use the auto generated acct numbers ...

How to control contact sharing between Sharepoint and Outlook
Hey all, assume we have a contact list in sharepoint (SP) with 50,000 items (customers). We also have a sales force of 100 people in several groups. Now the problem: If I share the SP contact list with the sales people via Outlook, everyone of them will receive the 50,000 names. How can I control the sharing of contacts between SP and Outlook so that every sales person only receives the customers for example related to the particular sales group or limited by other parameters. Thanks in advance, Harry Hi, STC-Harry, Though this is a "misc" issue because it spans m...

New entity and relaitonships customization
Hi all: I am working on a CRM v4 system that needs to track government funding programs for doctors at health clinics. The system is set up so that Accounts map to Clinics, and Contacts map to Doctors. The essential process is: A funding object is created, is set to run for a certain number of payments, is set with a start date, periodicity of payments (i.e. weekly, monthly, etc.), and end date, and then is assigned to a doctor at a clinic. If the doctor leaves the clinic, the funding object transfers to the clinic and is suspended until the clinic hires a new doctor and then the fund...

CImage, CStatic (Picture Control), CObArray problem
Please help! I need to create a dialog where the user can add, remove and navigate among images - one image shown at a time. So, I created the dialog, added the buttons for adding and so on, and a CStatic picture control to display one image. The dialog has got tabs, where the image handling is on one of the tabs. The pictures are stored in a CObArray as CImages. However, absolutely nothing works with these images... I've tried just about every tip I've found in this group, at MSDN, GodeGuru and everywhere. It might be because I'm not that experienced and clever VC-programmer. So ...