Assert during label edit in CtreeView

I am trying to use the edit label feature in CTreeView. It works OK if I
just enter text to change the label. However, if I hit the left mouse button
to change the location of the insertion point during the edit, I get an
assertion "ASSERT(::IsWindow(m_hWnd)); in wincore.cpp.
Can anyone tell me why this is happening (i.e., why m_hWnd is not considered
to be a window), and what I can do to fix it?

0
bwestcott (33)
11/26/2005 6:29:44 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

There's an article about editing in CTreeView; note that it introduces more bugs than it
fixes, but if you read it carefully you can fix the bugs, which are pretty obvious.  It is
one of the few cases where PreTranslateMessage is actually used correctly.
					joe
On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 11:29:44 -0700, "Brian Westcott" <bwestcott@shaw.ca> wrote:

>I am trying to use the edit label feature in CTreeView. It works OK if I
>just enter text to change the label. However, if I hit the left mouse button
>to change the location of the insertion point during the edit, I get an
>assertion "ASSERT(::IsWindow(m_hWnd)); in wincore.cpp.
>Can anyone tell me why this is happening (i.e., why m_hWnd is not considered
>to be a window), and what I can do to fix it?

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)

creating mailing labels from excel
Is there an easy set of steps to be used to create address mailing labels from data found in normal excel spreadsheets in rows and columns? I'm sure there is, but I'm struggling to determine how? David McRitchie has a good web page for doing exactly what you're looking for. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "marion" <marion@rasmech.com> wrote in message news:10b301c3df...

Where to download trial of Visio 2003 Standard edition?
This may sound odd and obvious question, but here it goes: I cannot find trial version for Visio 2003 Standard Edition from Microsoft web site. Visio home page shows only option for downloading Professional edition, which is not what I want. (I am accessing the page with IE6, if that makes any difference.) See: http://www.microsoft.com/office/visio/prodinfo/trial.mspx Actually the problem is that I need to purchase Visio 2003 Standard edition as soon as possible, so downloading trial version and converting that to full product seems to me the fastest option. It seems odd that I just ca...

Prohibiting edits to data in a text box
This seems like it should be simple: Using a form property sheet Access allows me to specify "Allow Edits", "Allow Additions", and "Allow Deletions", but these pertain to entire records. I can't figure out how to "Allow Additions" and not "Allow Edits" to just one specific control on my form. If I use the "Lock" feature then the user can't populate the field of a new record. Any tips? -mjg In the forms current event If Me.NewRecord Then Me.ControlName.Locked = False Else Me.ControlName.Locked = True End...

Editing Unlocked Cells in Protected Sheet
When I protect a sheet in Excel 2000, and go to an unlocked cell, many of my toolbar buttons are grayed out and can't be used. For example, I cannot underline an unlocked cell. Is there a way to protect a sheet without impacting the ability to edit unlocked cells? Thanks for your help. Larry Hau It's true that you cannot format unlocked cell in Excel 2000 when a worksheet is protected. It's just a limitation or a design decision. I know it's no help but fyi in Excel 2002 protection was fine-tuned to give you greater control over things like this. -- Jim Rech Excel...

Incorrect price printing on labels
Hello, We printed labels for items the other day and the wrong price printed on the label for two of the items in the label run. We have two stores, one set up as a warehouse. The price was correct in both store databases, and in Headquarters Manager. We are running RMS 1.3. Does anyone have an idea or suggestion about where this incorrect price came from? Apparently, it was an old price, but we cannot find reference to it in SOM or HQM. Thank you for your help. Brenda ...

Limit of color-coded cell references editing a formula.
When trying to F2 edit a cell that contains a very long formula, over 100 individual cell references, the color-coding feature is not working. Is there a limitation to the number of cells that will appear color-coded when editing a formula. Hello- Excel has a general limit of 56 colors in a workbook, which I assume applies to your issue as well. Regards |:>) "u2sparky" wrote: > When trying to F2 edit a cell that contains a very long formula, over 100 > individual cell references, the color-coding feature is not working. Is > there a limitation to the number o...

RMS should make it faster for cashiers to print labels
We need a quick way for cashiers to print and apply labels to merchandise. It's too much to ask them to hop over to Store Ops Manager, dive in to the Items table, go to Properties, click on 'Labels, then go through the label wizard, then through the Windwos print wizard. It needs to be pre-set and fast, much like a receipt. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to...

Help Specifying Data Labels in a XY Scatter Chart
I want to define the data labels in an XY scatter chart as a group of cells within the spreadsheet. The only thing I have been able to do is manually change the data labels one at a time. In other chart types this seems possible, but not in the scatter plot. Thanks, DaveN Hi Dave - There are a couple free utilities you can download to make this task easy. Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/ _______ Dav...

ColHdgs=Years show up as series not as legend labels #3
Hi Bernard - thanks for your helpful info. There's no way around it. We'll modify the macro to insert a blank column before th year-headings and data series, and input a row label for the dat series. You detailed responses and assistance is surely appreciated. ExcelProf =========== Bernard Liengme Guest Posts: n/a Re: ColHdgs=Years show up as series not as legend labels If I put the years in A1:A4 and the data in B1:B4, select A1:B4 an make a chart then I get a chart with two data series. Just as you say, th years are not used as the x-category values. Excel needs a blank hea...

How do i make the whole y axis label show up it wont show the end
When i label the y-axis the very last letter wont show up unless i print only that chart. I want to copy and paste it into a word document but i need the whole label to show up. This is a known problem in Excel 95 or earlier up to Excel 2003. I haven't heard of it in Excel 2007. Here is a bit of information about the problem: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/AxisLabelCutOff.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Jordan" <Jordan@discussions.microsoft.co...

Editing an unprotected Cell in a Protected Worksheet in Excel 2003
Hi I have a worksheet that I wish to protect so that certain cells with formulas cannot be changed. I have formatted the cells I wish to protect so that they are locked when the sheet is protected. However, if I then wish to edit one of the unprotected cells, rather than allow me to simply change what I had previously entered, as soon as I double-click on the cell to edit the previously entered data, the cell contents disappear. Very annoying if the entry is a long text string with a simple spelling error. Anyone know how I can change this so that I can edit the unprotected cells as...

ASSERT I don't understand (modeless dialog and posting messages)
I am hitting an intermittent ASSERT when I post a message from a modeless dialog to it's main window that I don't understand. Initially I thought it screamed of a memory corruption issue, but I have enabled all of the CRT debug heap checking options and tested with Boundschecker and no heap issues are being reported. Is there something inherently wrong with this?: #1- The main window has an edit control IDC_MESSAGES #2- Just before a lengthy operation is about to occur, a modeless dialog is created via new() and its Create() method called. There is a progress ctrl and an abort butt...

How can add a "label colour" in this routine?
How can add a "label colour" in this routine? Sub MakeAppointmentInOutlook2003() Dim olApp As Outlook.Application Dim olApt As AppointmentItem Set olApp = New Outlook.Application Set olApt = olApp.CreateItem(olAppointmentItem) With olApt .Start = Range("A2") .Duration = Range("B2") .Subject = Range("C2") .Location = Range("D2") .Categories = Work .Display .Save End With Set olApt = Nothing Set olApp = Nothing See http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.asp...

moving files between editions of Money
If I have two computers, one with Money Deluxe 2005 and the other with Money Standard 2006, would I be able to move a single Money file back and forth between the two machines? Depending on the computer demands of my kids, it would be nice to take the CD containing the file to whichever machine happens to be free... Forth, yes. Back. No. Money files are NOT version interoperable. Future versions update older version files irreversibly. Once an M06 file, never again an M05 file. "rofo" <rofo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06E2F189-96C5-4E2B-9F05-63DF0...

excel 2007 edit chart titles
I just upgraded from Excel 2003 to 2007. I am having a problem editing chart titles in Excel 2007. When I try to edit, by highlighting the section to be changed (in this case a model number or year). It only lets me change one character at a time. And to complicate things, it then returns only the new character typed -- and an "undo" brings me back to this onew character change at a time. This has the look of something that needs only a minor setting adjustment, but I have not been able to figure it out. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Where did my file and edit category button go? #2
My file button and edit button got deleted somehow in Publisher? Any ideas? Thx! Reset your toolbar? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "JStud" <JStud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:831325FA-BF99-45A3-B45F-5A10CE02747F@microsoft.com... > My file button and edit button got deleted somehow in Publisher? Any > ideas? > Thx! What version Publisher? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "JStud" <JStud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:831325...

How can I make a password edit?
How can I make a edit when I input the password the edit would show '*'s? I assume that you are using CEdit. If you create that on Resource Editor, you can easily add password property through Styles -> Password. Or when you create it you have to add ES_PASSWORD. Thank you "Kim Youngjin" <yjkim@dbsnc.co.kr> д���ʼ� news:uMbRIS$sDHA.2248@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I assume that you are using CEdit. > > If you create that on Resource Editor, you can easily add password > property through Styles -> Password. > Or when you create it you...

Edit Message doesn't edit HTML emails
I have an HTML-formatted report sent to me weekly, and based on the report, I find system changes that need to be corrected. My changes make the report incorrect, so I want to be able to edit the email to reflect my changes. I can edit the message using "Edit message", however there are some HTML features that I cannot change. Specifically, if I need to delete an entire tabel row (<TR>whatever</TR>), I cannot do that. I can only delete the text in the individual columns (<TD>data</TD>) in the row. That leaves me with different formats for each email depend...

Crystal Reports Enhanced Edition for Microsoft CRM
We have to have Crystal Reports version 8.5 installed. Do we have to buy Crystal Reports? Through great plains you can buy a special version of crystal reports that only works with the crm database "Adrian Shaw" <adrian.shaw@vigence.com> wrote in message news:VU$bxW8eDHA.4084@sbs01.vigence.com... We have to have Crystal Reports version 8.5 installed. Do we have to buy Crystal Reports? Adrian, MSCRM will install Crystal v8.5 on the server during the install. If you are satisified with the built-in reports, then you do not need to buy Crystal. If you want to make modifica...

OL 2003: Mails are not send, when they are in the outtray and when I have edit them again
Hi, following problem with OL2003: 1. create new mail, edit and press send 2. the mail is now in the outtray until I press Send/Receive (if I press Send/Receive the mail is sent) the mail is display in italic in the outtray 3. I open the mail to edit it again 4. press Send: the mail is now still in the outtray but not displayed in italic 5. press Send/Receive : the mail is not sent!!! How to send this mail!!! thanx, chris (I have done the office update yesterday ) ...

What's happen with my label
I have an option value with four options. I write some code behind 'on click' event of the frame.But there is something strange, Option group's label become disable when the option group value is 2 or 4.What's wrong with that label. Unless we see the code behind your frame, it will be impossible to assist you. "New_Access" wrote: > I have an option value with four options. > I write some code behind 'on click' event > of the frame.But there is something strange, > Option group's label become disable when > the option group value is 2 or...

How to colntrol location of category X axis labels on a bar chart?
How to colntrol location of category X axis labels on a bar chart? usually data have only positive values, category X axis labels are in the left side of vertical axis (see labelsOK.jpg). When values are all negative, labels are crossing bars (see labels03.jpg). Basically labels are always to the left from vertical axis (see labels01.jpg and labels02.jpg) which is not always visually appealing. Is there a way to have labels for case when data are all negative, located to the right from the axis and axis itself indented from chart border, so it will be a mirror image of labelsOK.jpg (see...

"edit multiple records" problems
I have a strange error now. all the fields (in contacts and accounts) that have some javascript code attached to onchange even grayed out in the "edit multiple records" form. I installed the hotfix 913645 to enable "parent account", It works ok. I am not sure whether this is the reason. Does anyone know this problem? Thanks a lot! ...

Excel charts -retaining subscript in labels from worksheet data
Excel 2007 - Chemical formulae entered in cells using format to show subscript, however normal font shows on formula bar. When copied and pasted elsewhere, or when used in chart subscript characters show as normal font. Help! Hi Polly, Your problem is quite analogous to the repeatedly discussed Chemical Legend. Luckily enough, there are Chemical fonts that include numeral subscripts and superscripts as individual characters. If you apply these specific fonts in the place of your (most frequently used) basic fonts: Arial or Times New Roman, you are able to write down chemical formula...

Retrieving linked label formula with VBA
Dear group, I linked datalabels of a chart with cells (by selecting a single label, typing "=", clicking the cell to link with and then enter). Now I want to get the label's formula with VBA, but I only get the value with objPoint.DataLabel.Text. I am missing something like objPoint.DataLabel.Formula. Currently I use XL 2003. Any good ideas? Thanks in advance, Holger. hi, Holger ! > I linked datalabels of a chart with cells (by selecting a single label > typing "=", clicking the cell to link with and then enter). > Now I want to get the label's for...