Arabic ODBC query

I am trying to read and write arabic data into Access2000
using MFC ODBC (CRecordset) , but I can only see '?'
marks.

after doing a research on the news groups , I understand
that a tweak needs to be made on RFX_Text can anyone
guide me what needs to be done.

Appreciate a response.

thnx
P.Ekkoratha
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

How to open RecordSet with Stored Procedures (ODBC, VC++)
Hi I'm using ODBC and VC++. My stored procedure has parameters like @pstr VarChar(100), @pVal1 numeric(9), @pVal2 numeric(9) and it returns a recordset. In my code CString strSP; strSP.Format("{call MySp('%s','%d','%d')}", str1, (long)Val1, (long)Val2); CMyRecorSet rs(m_db); try { rs.Open(CRecordset::snapshot,strSP); } catch(CDBException * pDB) { } I'm getting exception. Cannot covert datatype varchar to numeric. Why is this happening? Do i need to call SQLBindParameters? If yes, how to call it. Any sample code? Thanks in advance. Remove the apos...

Search Function with queries
Hi guys, new user to access 2000 and i am trying to create a search query that will allow me to enter in a value and return that value. The part i am having trouble with is i need to do this for many fields and if i use the method i came up with, when i leave a entry empty using the "AND" function i get nothing and when i use the "OR" function i get all the values for both. maybe you guys can help me get in the right direction. this is the command i am using in SQL: SELECT [Chain Machine prod Machine list].Description, [Chain Machine prod Machine list]...

ODBC connection standardization
Good Day!I develop Access dbs for a large Mortage firm. As a rule, most of the larger tables are housed on a MS-SQL server. ODBC connections are used to connect. The Front-end access db could be launched from any number of desktops in our support area and I am encountering issues with differences in the system dsn entries in each of the machines. I can successfully execute a P-T query using the system dsn on my primary machine, but the other users have to replace the connection string in the property sheet of the P-T query by pointing to THEIR system dsn entry within the MS ODBC Administrato...

macro query disable download failure
Hello, I have a macro which retrieve different queries from the web. It happens that a resource at that moment isn''t available. If this happens the querie gives a message which said unable to open http://webpage This message i don't want to display (other routines herefor). I use "Application.DisplayAlerts = False" but this won't help. Can anybody help me with this problem. Thanks ...

Nz function in query
Hi All, the query below shows an error if any of the date in / date out entries in the table are empty. How can i impiment the Nz function to stop this. SQL from query... SELECT Employees.[First Name], Employees.[Last Name], Format([Normal start Time],"h:nn AMPM") AS ['Normal Start Time], Format([Normal End Time],"h:nn AMPM") AS ['Normal End Time], Format([scan time in],"h:nn AMPM") AS ['Scan Time In], Format([scan time Out],"h:mm AMPM") AS ['Scan Time Out], Format( [Scan Date In],"dddd dd,mm,yyyy") AS ['Scan Date ...

how do i create subset and union in XPath Query

Access 2003 query to Excel 2007 problem?
I have a query that I'd set up a while back for a user on an Access 2003 db. The main table has keys that point to other tables (schools and departments). She needs the results in Excel, so we have been exporting it directly to an excel file (v97-2003), which has been working just fine. However, the other day when I was working with her on this year's stuff, we'd run it once as a test, it worked fine, then I made a minor change to add a field, and re-ran it, and got quite different results. The first time we ran it, the resulting Excel file had "resolved" the k...

Import Access Query to Excel
I am trying to import MS Access Query to Excel. I tried with "Data --> Import External Data --> Import Data" but I found two issues. First, "Select Table" lists only 5 of 15 query tables I made. Second, data range only displays column headings, no record. Both Access and Excel files are on local drive. My computer is on domain network and I heard there is a security issue with Import External Data within domain environment. However, I used to do this on my previous employment within domain environment. I appreciate any help! Thank you! Jonathan Kim Jonathan, wh...

Rank Query With Groups (Array?)
Hello, I have a table of data with grades which are grouped by study. I need to rank the grades relative to all the other grades in the same study. Below is an example the study and grade fields with the desired outcome for the rank. Study Grade Rank 11111 89 1 11111 75 2 11111 65 3 22222 99 1 22222 87 2 Hopefully this can be done with simple SQL in a query and not with code but I am open to anything that works. Many thanks in advance for your time and expertise! Try this -- SELECT Study, Grade, (SELECT Count(*) FROM YourTable AS [XX] WHERE You...

characters automatically converted to arabic fonts
Hi All. I am trying to input some information for some of my clients in an Excel Sheet. However in one column i have to type data in the following format : A5/69. When i type it , the characters are to converted to some arabic-like fonts. Is there any settings which i must adjust to prevent this. Thks in anticipation. Masoud Enter a single apostrophe in front of the data -- Gary's Student "masoud" wrote: > Hi All. > I am trying to input some information for some of my clients in an Excel > Sheet. However in one column i have to type data in the following for...

Web Query File Reference
Is there a Web Query File (.IQY) Format Reference anywhere? Thanks, - Vlad ...

Routine to run/export queries
Looking for some links to examples that do the following (or something close): 1. user would create a whole bunch of queries themselves (using Access) 2. form that lets the user runs these queries to display results and/or export 3. Would be good if user could select multiple queries and get multiple resultsets to display or be exported to an excel file with multiple worksheets. Example: user selects 5 queries and wants an excel file made with 5 tabs with the 5 different outputs of the queries, or the outputs of the 5 queries show in a form with multiple tabs in Access (hide...

Still unable to run successful query
I've used the IFF suggestions given but it returns only Not Active results. I'm working on a case problem that reads: Create a query to display all matching records from the tblProgram and tblMember tables, selecting the ProgramType and MonthlyFee fields from the tblProgram table, and the FirstName and LastName fields from the tblMember table. Add a calculated field named MonthlyFeeStatus as the last column that equals Active if the MembershipStatus field is equal to Active and equals Not Active otherwise. -- jj Assuming MembershipStatus is a string (varchar) data field,...

Query Help Please
I have a relational db with a Client Table and a Project Table. The Client table holds general info that usually doesn't change. The Project table has a record for each project we've done for the client, and contains a Manager field. The manager could change from year to year. I want to show by current manager all the other projects for that client (regardless of who previous manager was). Current manager is just the manager on the latest project. I'm guessing I need a query of a query, but I'm stumped. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks. Do you hav...

Help Using APPEND Query
Hi, I'm looking to create a "LOG" table. This table will contain 4 fields; 1. SessionID - AutoNumber 2. DateTime - Text 3. User - Text 4. AccessLevel - Text Very simple. Purpose: I can eventually (6months or more from now) create a report to see if more staff/users/admin are accessing the system and what times they are accessing the system, am/pm etc. I have created a public function which determines and returns the username I have created a public function which determines and returns a string identifying their access level. "Student" "Staff" "Adm...

Activity Report/Query Questions
Im trying to get a report out of CRM (whether Crystal or Advanced Find) that will pull all of the contacts that have not had an activity associated with them in the past year. Maybe it's me but i just cannot seem to find a way to do this. This must be a common thing that most companies use so Im figuring it must be possible. Has anyone done a data pull like this before and if so what did you do? Thanks for any help Robert Both advanced find and Crystal reports using the Crystal Enhancements for CRM use fetch XML for queries -- and this is the limiting factor in the type of quer...

Partial match for query criteria
Hello, I am trying to create a query that will deliver results based on matching only a part of the text in a table field. For example, if I have a table that contains the names, address and phone numbers of 10,000 businesses but I only want my query to show me businesses that have the word "National" in their name, how would I do that? I'm not sure how to set up the criteria. Thanks for your help! Use the Like operator with wildcards. In the 'criteria' row of the business name column in query design view enter: Like "*National*" Or you can use a ...

Query
I have crated a parameter query where I have a last name field and a first name field from the same table, and want them strung together to be shown like this Doe, John. Does anyone know how to accomplish this? In query design view enter this is an empty field "block": FullName: [Last Name] & ", " & [First Name] In SQL view SELECT [Last Name] & ", " & [First Name] as FullName FROM SomeTable John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010 The Hilltop Institute University of Maryland Baltimore County OceanBreeze wrote...

Need query to apply schedule to a category
I have created a sale schedule from 6pm-9pm Wed, Thr & Fri - named it NightSale. In RMS you must open each item - go to properties box - pricing tab - select schedule button & then the schedule name -- item by item. I want to apply this "sale schedule" to a CATEGORY using a query and a query to remove the sale schedule from the same category after the sale is over. My "NightSale" is schedule ID 9 - if that helps. Example: This week - apply "NightSale" schedule to all items in Category 1 & Category 2 End of week - remove "NightSale" sch...

MS Query automatically fully qualifying SQL Select Statement
Hi, MS Query is fully qualifying my SQL Select statement which I a manually creating using the Get External data function in Excel to get data fro SQL Server e.g. select * from person changes to select * fro dbo.databasename.person person Is it possible to stop this happening or is there a different way I ca use the Get External Data function to get data from SQL Server? I want to distribute the xls file with the queries but the databas name may not be the same on other client machines. Table structure / login i always the same. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Left join in query
I have a query set up with a one-to-many left join on two tables in order to pull all records from one table (the "one" side) and the corresponding records from another table (the "many" side), if they exist. It works well, but only in THAT query. In other words, if I run that query, the records show up as I want them to. But, if I then use that query in yet another query to further manipulate the data, the only records that show up are the records in the many table. Why and how can I fix it? I can post the query if needed. Tara - I suspect you may h...

Multiple Query questions
I'm trying to query a database of beach rentals and need a query with more than 2 bedrooms, that rents for less than 1,000. When i put both criteria in, it only registers one of them. I also need to create a query for the highest and lowest weekly rate but when I select Min or Max or doesn't show me anything. Show us the SQL. Open the query in design view. Next go to View, SQL View and copy and past it here. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "Jackie" wrote: > I'm trying...

NULLS Affecting Embedded Query Calculations
I'm sure this has something to do with NULLS, but I just can't get my head around this behaviour. More importantly, I can't SOLVE this behaviour, and until I do I can't have any confidence in my data! - Specs: Access 2007, Windows XP, data in linked (mySQL) table. - I have a text (varchar) field called [HighestEducation] that contains NULL values. - I have a calculated field [HighestEducation_Valid] to check the quality of the contents of the text field. The formula is: IIf(IsNull([HighestEducation]),"No Response",IIf([HighestEducation]="","Invalid/...

query
See i want to retrieve the data everytime by matching current date(not time) with one of the date column only . i used the Getdata() function in sql query server 2008 but still i am not getting any result. Could you tell me what query i should used to do that? On 31-7-2010 14:22, Swati Shrivastava wrote: > See i want to retrieve the data everytime by matching current date(not > time) with one of the date column only . i used the Getdata() function > in sql query server 2008 but still i am not getting any result. > Could you tell me what query i should used to do that? I...

multiple query criteria
Let's start with the fact that I am an Access novice, so if this looks like I am way off base, and cannot get any guidance here, just let me know. What I have is a table listing vehicle inspection standards. A vehicle tag number, and then 50 fields such as, wipers inop, headlight inop, etc. My fields are numeric, because there is a point system used to determine a pass/fail. I input the tag number, and if the specific area is deficient, I enter either a 10 or a 25 for point values. What I end up with, is a table with tag numbers and then fields showing p...