Application button intermittently disappears from task bar on load.

Hi all,

I'm using windows xp.  When I first load my application, the button
occasionaly disappears from the task bar.  If I use alt-tab to bring focus
back to the app, the button reappears and becomes normal.
The program is written using MFC.  Any ideas what might be going on?

Thanks in advance,
Craig

0
xxxx4922 (9)
3/13/2005 6:44:31 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I don't think MFC has anything to do with it. However, note that dialog based applications
do have their own OnPaint handler for minimized mode that draws an icon, and if something
goes wrong here you might see some problems with the drawing. This would not be an MFC
problem, but usually some other bug.
				joe

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 12:44:31 -0600, "Craig S." <xxxx@ms.com> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I'm using windows xp.  When I first load my application, the button
>occasionaly disappears from the task bar.  If I use alt-tab to bring focus
>back to the app, the button reappears and becomes normal.
>The program is written using MFC.  Any ideas what might be going on?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Craig

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)
3/14/2005 4:29:07 AM
Thanks for the response.

The app is built with document/view architecture and MFC is responsible for
painting.  It kind of looks to me like an xp-MFC issue, but I could be
wrong.

0
xxxx4922 (9)

Beep deadlocks application
A call to Beep( 400, 50) seems to deadlock my application. (app not responding, 0% CPU load) This happens only if Sound Sentry, Flash active caption bar is activated in the control panel. I'm using XP, SP 2. Anyone else noticed this? ...

Task Manager window only CPU
Vista Ultimate SP2 When I launch Windows Task Manager, only a CPU meter opens. When I right click icon in task bar, I only get Close & Always on top options. How do I restore task manager? Happy New Year -- ***************** John Lenz JohnLenz@comcast.net Double click on the white frame of the task manager window. That should do it. -- whs THX - it worked Happy New Year -- ***************** John Lenz JohnLenz@comcast.net "whs" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:89eee91dbeee8173c55e0008be25b622@nntp-gateway....

Error creating new task
Error .. "Could not complete operation. One or more parameter values are not vaild" ...

Middle mouse button does not always open in new tab anymore
Hi! I am experiencing the problem that when I click with the middle mouse button on a link (for example google search results) it does not always open it in a new tab anymore. In about 20% of the cases it takes over the current tab instead. The same problem is explained here in german: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.de.internetexplorer&tid=cd463718-8df6-4ee4-9e8a-9ee527837f83&cat=&lang=de&cr=DE&sloc=&p=1 But since there was no answer found so far I decided to take it to the next level (english c...

Adding a button with a function on protected sheets.
How do i add a button to 'reset/clear' the data on a worksheet that is protected and uses VLookup data (from another worksheet). Everyday this table will have data chosen from combo boxes or manually entered in allowable editable fields and at the end of the day after the files is saved, I need to clear that data for use on the next day. How is this Reset button applied with allowable edit ranges, VLookup data and a protected worksheet? Thanks There's several ways to do this. 1. Instead of straight vlookups, use =IF(ISBLANK(VLOOKUP(....)),"",VLOOKUP(....)) wher...

Routing Restrictions button unavailable (gray) no matter what options selected in IMS-->Routing tab
I am running Exchange 5.5 SP4. In Connections-->IMS-->Routing Tab, my "Routing Restrictions" button is unavailable (greyed-out) no matter what options I select. Any suggestions? Thank you. Try installing Exch Admin prog on other machine, apply SP4 and see if you can change it from there. Post back with details. ryanadmin wrote: > I am running Exchange 5.5 SP4. In Connections-->IMS-->Routing Tab, my > "Routing Restrictions" button is unavailable (greyed-out) no matter > what options I select. Any suggestions? Thank you. ...

an attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format
Hello, This is the error I get on Windows 7. I tried going to the project screen in vb.net Studio 2008, and changing the target cpu to x64. This did not work. Do I have to build the program on Windows 7? I'm sure this must be a common problem for programs going to Windows 7. Thanks for any help. Scott On May 22, 2:17=A0am, "Scott Baxter" <sc...@websearchstore.com> wrote: > Hello, > > This is the error I get on Windows 7. > > I tried going to the project screen in vb.net Studio 2008, and changing t= he > target cpu to x64....

AutoPreview works intermittently
Outlook 2002 SP2 Affected Inbox is connecting to an IMAP server AutoPreview set to 'Preview unread items' I am an IT technitian and I have a user who likes to have her unread mail items in her Inbox to use the AutoPreview feature. At one point I went to View/Current View/Customize Current View.../Other settings... and chose 'No AutoPreview' option. I recently restored the 'Preview unread items' option. Now, an email will only AutoPreview if: I manually mark a read email as unread (right clicking on email and choosing 'Mark As Unread') or: right clic...

Winmail takes 4 minutes to load at boot time
Running Windows Vista Home Premium on Lenovo Laptop 2 gig mem. After logging in after rebooting, it takes 4 minutes to load Win mail. I used the "event Viewer" to see what was happening. It showed ESENT with ID 102--start Win mail, then the next event is ESENT ID 103 4 minutes later--terminate Win mail. Anyone have a clue why it is taking Win mail so long to load? Win mail works fine after computer loads. Fred Dwight Fred wrote: > Running Windows Vista Home Premium on Lenovo Laptop 2 gig mem. After > logging in after rebooting, it takes 4 minutes ...

Separators In OUTLOOK Tool Bars???
How do I pace a separator in an OUTLOOK tool bar? In outlook 2003: Right click on toolbar, and choose customize. Select the Commands tab, then click on the toolbar button you want to be to the right of the separator. Click on "modify selection", then on "Start a group". HTH Mark -----Original Message----- From: C. Davey Utter [mailto:cdutter@spamex.com] Posted At: 02 October 2005 19:57 Posted To: microsoft.public.outlook Conversation: Separators In OUTLOOK Tool Bars??? Subject: Separators In OUTLOOK Tool Bars??? How do I pace a separator in an OUTLOOK tool bar? --...

Command Button to Sort and Filter by Selection
Is it possible to create a command button on a form that will allow you to sort records or to use the Filter by Selction option? They are not choices I can select while using the wizard or the macro builder. However, both of these would be extremely useful as I'm building a database for someone who has never used a database before and isn't all that comfortable with computers in general. I am using Access 2003 and I am NOT familiar with Access Visual Basic, Java or building macros from scratch. I'm sure there is a way to use these tools to create what I want, ...

Active Task View under Tasks
Hello. Does anyone know how to get the "completed" tasks off of my "Active Tasks" view. It should only show those tasks that are not yet complete but for some reason it shows the upcoming as well as the completed tasks (i.e. those that are lined out). Any help would be appreciated. -Lumas >-----Original Message----- >Hello. >Does anyone know how to get the "completed" tasks off of >my "Active Tasks" view. > >It should only show those tasks that are not yet complete >but for some reason it shows the upcoming as well as t...

load listbox with recordset
Hello World, I am trying the load the a listbox control with the results of a database query. The return is a recordset for 1 column of data. Can anyone provide and example or information about what function/override I can use to do this? Thanks, Stephanie ...

How can i change the color in the task pane?
The "Hyperlink" color in the task menu is green and difficult to read. Is there a way to change it? Create a custom color scheme. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Flag Girl" <Flag Girl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15D4BDF4-EBE1-44EC-8F13-40197CEB37F2@microsoft.com... > The "Hyperlink" color in the task menu is green and difficult to read. Is > there a way to change it? ...

clip art disappears when i ungroup
Hello, after installing the sp3 on my computer everytime i use my publisher 2002 my clip art disappears when i try to ungroup it. does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? Go to the manufacturer's web site of your graphics card and look around for an updated driver. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "thriftychic" <thriftychic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7229B38C-48C8-4A69-896E-B78C1AED7555@microsoft.com... > Hello, > after installing the sp3 on my computer ev...

Security bar
Hi, I have the following problem with my Access dataabse: Evertime I open the database i get the security warning bar,users should press on options and select "Enable this content" in ordr to proceed to the database... Is there a VB code that i can run on the on load event of my main form to set this option to automatically "enable this content" ? You don't mention which version this is. If Access 2007, you need to tell it your database is in a trusted folder. Go to: Office Button | Access Options | Trust Center | Trust Center Settings and Add your folder...

"New" button activates send/receive
When I click the Send/Receive button, nothing happens. However, when I click the "New Message" button, in comes all my new messages. Also, the auto Send/Receive under Options (every 1 minute) is not working at all. Any thoughts on how to fix this? Much Appreciated, Dave ...

Update a radio button by combobox selection
Hi, In a VS2008 VB project, I have a combobox that gets its value from a table with three columns. I want to display one column in the combobox, write the value of the second column back to a different table, and I want to change the value of a radio button (on the same form as the combobox) based on the value of the third column of the selected record. I'm setting the ComboBox.Text value to be the first column, the ComboBox.SelectedValue to be the second column, but how would I change the radio buttons in the most efficient way? Thanks in advance, Steve Wrong g...

Send Button #7
My Send button is no longer present. I accessed Help, it said I should make an e-mail account. I looked and I have 2 e-mail accounts present. It also said maybe I erased the e-mail accounts mnager. Can someone suggest how I can get this back to send posts, please? My wife is comatose and I must ask questions about her condition. Many thanks, Obie. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching g...

"Reply" Button Hangs Outlook 2000
Running Outlook 2000 on Windows XP on a new HP Pavilion Notebook with 512 MB RAM and 40 GB hard drive. When I click "Reply" on the messages FROM ONE PARTICULAR CORRESPONDANT ONLY, the Outlook program hangs and must be restarted. Eventually I seem to have to restart the computer to get normal functionality. The messages in question are in HTML format. Sometimes they have an attached file, sometimes they don't. They come from an .edu domain and have been forwarded to me from another .edu domain, then to a Verizon DSL account, then to the regular dialup ISP that I use during...

Signature button greyed out and unavailable in outlook 2000 solution
Buggy fucking microsoft software, and yes, it is patched. Well this worked for me :- change the message format from rich text to html, click apply. This brought the button back from being greyed out to letting me click on it again. However i did not want html as the message format so i changed it back to rich text again and the signature button was still available. Hmm where does it say THAT in the manual? Oh and in case you don't know where to change the message type it's on the same menu that you have your greyed out signature button - just look up a bit dummy! :0) FOR THE LOVE...

Print Preview: possible to remove the Internet Explorer little icon from the dialog title bar?
Hello, Anybody knows if it is at all possible to get rid of the Internet Explorer icon that shows up in the title bar of the Print Preview Dialog? I am using CHtmlView and calling the Print Preview through IDispatch. I am also providing my customized template for the Print Preview GUI. Everything is perfect other than I'd like to know if that icon can be removed and or changed with my own icon. Would it have anything to do with favicon by chance? Thanks! weboludo ...

Negatives in floating bar chart
I've got a floating bar chart. This is constructed using two series, the series I wish to plot, on top of an invisible series (each invisible point being as high as the previous invisible plus visible data point). I've got one item (visible) which is negative. Rather than simply reducing the height of my bar, excel has dropped it to the bottom of the chart. What can I do? Tom. Should correct an error. I said it was a floating bar chart - sorry - it's actually a waterfall chart. Cheers. "mr tom" wrote: > I've got a floating bar chart. > > This i...

hide or show a series with a button
I have a Chart with 8 different series of data. I would like to have a button to 'toggle or hide' the display of each series one at a time. Is this possible? Craig Here's a link to an interactive chart that toggles series based on uses checkboxes. Kelly O'Day http://processtrends.com "Craig" <Craig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4813F55-2F0A-4226-90DA-73A6E11DE5F3@microsoft.com... >I have a Chart with 8 different series of data. I would like to have a >button > to 'toggle or hide' the display of each series one at a...