Any alternative for showing hand icon on a link in a dialog in vista ?

Hi all,
        I am taking support of winhlp32.exe for displaying hand icon
when cursor is on a link in a dialog.But ,in Vista winhlp32 .exe is no
more supported. Here is the code I am using currently:

         CString windir;
         GetWindowsDirectory(windir.GetBuffer(MAX_PATH), MAX_PATH);
         windir.ReleaseBuffer();
         windir += _T("\\winhlp32.exe");
         HMODULE hModule = LoadLibrary(windir);
        if (hModule)
       {
            g_hCursorLink =CopyCursor(::LoadCursor(hModule,
MAKEINTRESOURCE(106)));
       }

Any alternative for showing a hand icon when the cursor is on the link
in a dialog in vista ?

Thanks in advance

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On 29 Oct 2006 21:19:45 -0800, "aarya" <kk.simhadri@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi all,
>        I am taking support of winhlp32.exe for displaying hand icon
>when cursor is on a link in a dialog.But ,in Vista winhlp32 .exe is no
>more supported. Here is the code I am using currently:
>
>         CString windir;
>         GetWindowsDirectory(windir.GetBuffer(MAX_PATH), MAX_PATH);
>         windir.ReleaseBuffer();
>         windir += _T("\\winhlp32.exe");
>         HMODULE hModule = LoadLibrary(windir);
>        if (hModule)
>       {
>            g_hCursorLink =CopyCursor(::LoadCursor(hModule,
>MAKEINTRESOURCE(106)));
>       }
>
>Any alternative for showing a hand icon when the cursor is on the link
>in a dialog in vista ?
>
>Thanks in advance

My approach to initializing a cursor member of a class derived from CWnd
was this:

:  m_hCursor((OsVersion::AtLeast2K())
         ? LoadCursor(0, MAKEINTRESOURCE(32649)) // FIXUP: IDC_HAND
         : LoadCursor(g_hInstance, MAKEINTRESOURCE(IDR_URL_HAND_ICON)))

I copied the cursor into my executable for OS's prior to Win2K. As for the
comment, I guess that several years ago, I didn't want to change WINVER,
and to understand fully, see <winuser.h> (#include <windows.h>):

#if(WINVER >= 0x0500)
#define IDC_HAND            MAKEINTRESOURCE(32649)
#endif /* WINVER >= 0x0500 */

--
Doug Harrison
Visual C++ MVP

VC++6 Default EXE app Icon change
Who haven't used VC++ 6 doesn't know what pain and anti-usability words mean. I'm trying to change default icon for my EXE app and failed. Remember to change the icon for both 16x16 and 32x32 pixels. -- Bjarne Nielsen "Oliver Young" <none> skrev i en meddelelse news:eu6NJIVmDHA.3256@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > > Who haven't used VC++ 6 doesn't know what pain and anti-usability words > mean. I'm trying to change default icon for my EXE app and failed. > > My question is: how can i change icon?? I tried right clicking it...

Dynamics GP Service Pack 2 and Windows Vista
I have problem installing the service pack 2 of dynamics gp 9 on Windows Vista. The error is in spanish, but it say something like that "the Microsoft installation dynamics gp finalize before time. Make click in finalizing to leave the installation"...Does anybody can help me to solve this problem please... ...

Showing email addresses
Is there any way you can send emails where, when you send an email, no one can see the email address of any others you may have sent the email to? Can you format Outlook so that it will only show someone's name and not their address, even if you right click on their name? I know what I am trying to say, I just can't put it into words. I hope you understand what I am asking. ...

Outlook Burped and HTML Format Now Shows
Suddenly, HTML formatting is showing on my Outlook new mail messages composed with HTML. How can I delete this without having to resort to plain text emails? JTLaBelle wrote on Mon, 29 December 2008 10:56 > Suddenly, HTML formatting is showing on my Outlook new mail messages composed > with HTML. How can I delete this without having to resort to plain text > emails? Is it showing on messages you receive or messages you compose? If when you compose, does Alt+F9 hide it? If messages you receive, what version of outlook? version of windows? do you have all the latest updates i...

Program Icon Help Needed
I have a vc++ program that has a modeless dialog box as its main window. When the program starts the main window is invisible and the program icon appears in the system tray. When I double click on the icon in the system tray the main window appears by calling the ShowWindow(SW_SHOW) command. When I press a button on the dialog, the main window hides itself again. All this is working perfectly. Now the problem is with the icon that appears in the bar at the bottom of the screen in the area next to the system tray. Not sure what you call this area but every program that is running displays a...

Linking Price Lists to Products
I am having a problem linking products to a price list. I need to be able to import price lists from time to time, but it seems that I need to attach each product to a price list manually, one at a time. Is there a better way to do this? ...

follow link
I have linked a number of figures from other sheet. Now if I want to check from where it is coming, I have to go to that cell, read the reference and go to the sheet manually. The other option is through auditing tool bar. I have seen a friend who used to double click the cell and it automatically goes to that sheet from where the figure is coming. How do you do that? Good afternoon Kumail Are you sure that your friend wasn't using Lotus 1-2-3? I seem t remember that this program has that particular feature but not Excel. HTH Dominic -- dominic ----------------------------------...

Skagen Links Ladies Watch 347SSX Recommendation Discount Watches
Skagen Links Ladies Watch 347SSX Recommendation Discount Watches Skagen Links Ladies Watch 347SSX Site: http://skagen-watches.pxhelp.com/Skagen-wristwatch-6734.html Thank you for choosing http://www.pxhelp.com/ Quality Skagen Watches: http://skagen-watches.pxhelp.com/ Skagen Links Ladies Watch 347SSX AdditionalInfo : Watches Brand : Skagen Watches ( http://skagen-watches.pxhelp.com/ ) Gender : Ladies Model : Skagen-Links-Ladies-Watch-347SSX Also Called : Case Material : Stainless Steel Movement : Quartz Crystal : Mineral Dial Color : White Mot...

dialog tooltips
Hi, I'm trying to have tooltips in my dialog. I did the following: 1. added EnableToolTips(true) in the OnInitDialog(). 2. Added ON_NOTIFY_EX(TTN_NEEDTEXT, 0, OnToolTipNeedText) in the dialog's message map. 3. addded the function OnToolTipNeedText in the dialog's class and set there a breakpoint The problem was that I never reached the breakpoint. Did I forget something? Ram. Read the help page for EnableToolTips. Pay attention to the message maps entries they have in the sample code. Ali R. "Ram Baruch" <info@metalix-cad-cam.com> wrote in message news:OUYoL5...

Need help to bring a modeless dialog to top
[I'm using VC++7 on Windows 2000) I have a modeless dialog and I need it to be on top & have focus everytime I show this dialog. But for some reasons, this dialog (most of the time) comes up behind another dialog (not its parent, but sibling). I have tried all of these but nothing worked SetActiveWindow SetFocus BringWindowToTop SetForegroundWindow The only thing that could bring this dialog to the top (but still doesn't have focus) is SetWindowPos with wndTopMost, but of course it keeps the dialog on top forever, which I don't want. I also tried to combine SetWindowPos (wit...

How do add columns showing dob and years to work to give a retire.
I have a column showing date of birth and a column showing at what age they retire, 50, 55, 60. How do I add up the two to get a retirement date? Many thanks Claire Hi something like =DATE(YEAR(A1)+50,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Claire Le Monnier" <ClaireLeMonnier@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:8F892F61-F652-4177-A0C0-F25899C11CFA@microsoft.com... > I have a column showing date of birth and a column showing at what age they > retire, 50, 55, 60. How do I add up the two to get a retirement date? > Many than...

Excel Macro Vista not working
Hi All I have a trial excel 2007 version that came with my Vista Home Premium. I had a spreadsheet which contains macros and I had no problems running with XP. I changed some of the settings and completed the following: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/disable-user-account-control-uac-the-easy-way-on-windows-vista/ I followed the following link from the developer of my particular spreadsheet and completed the following for 2007 version: http://www.mdmproofing.com/iym/macros.php#excel2007 I still cannot use some of the functions that I had been using before such as Sort and doub...

Hyperlink that does not link
I created a field called FileName in Access the type is hyperlink then I imported from Excel the list of thousand of file names such as “\\MAIN-SERVER\DOWN-SERVER\My_Documents.doc“ after the import succeeded then I clicked to open the file, however it does not work, it won't open the file. I tried an experiment and paste that file name in Word, Ctrl-Click does not open it. So, next I put the cursor to the end of File Name hit the Backspace button which invalidates the linkage, then I hit the Enter button after which Word made the File Name a linkage again. I do the Ctrl...

how to disable update links message when opening files
Hi I have approx 200 simple templates all of which are the same in layout, i'm using a simple macro which uses a loop to open each file pick up bits of info and lay it out on a list. The problem i have is some of these files have external links and when the macro opens them i get the message "Do i want to update links" which also pauses the macro until i click update or dont update. Is it possible to put a code within the macro which automatically selects dont update if a file has links. I've displayalerts = false but this doesnt seem to work thanks in ...

re:error in installing kb955706 from vista up date
any solution about the error so that it can be install successfully what error? arthur wrote: > any solution about the error so that it can be install successfully Arthur, Please always state which Windows edition and Service Pack level ? and what version of Internet Explorer? as it often does make a difference - Also, could you supply some information on what your firewall is, what is the installed antivirus/security suite, other R-TP programs, e.g. Spybot Search & Destroy (reduced functionality called "TeaTimer") Avira (From version 9) (Included in anti...

Showing the actual database, not access's idea of it...
I've been working with MS Access for the past few weeks. A friend has a side job working for a summer camp and he needed a database to store all the kids information. Using VBA is not going to happen, I thought I could do what he needed much much easier in visual studios.net 2008 and I probably could have if that department of Microsoft didn't do what appears as drastic as disown the MS Access department. After much work I am able to read/replace and edit the data, but through the whole process I started noticing this. First, in Access the ID(auto number) is listed co...

I want my INBOX messages to arrive showing FROM, not TO:
I want my INBOX messages to arrive showing FROM, not TO: Obviously the messages arriving are to ME...one of my profiles is normal and shows who the message is from , but with on eof my profiles, a new message is displayed showing it is TO and my email...I want it to display FROM: and whoever they are. Hi, You can customize the view for each Outlook folder to display only the fields you want to see, as well as in what order you would like the information displayed. To change your view, open the Outlook folder (in your case, the Inbox). Right click on the gray title bar and click on ...

Why is Quantity On Hand Zero after Shipment???
In Great Plains when we do shipment receiving transactions how come somtimes the Quantity On Hand does not get updated? Everything seems fine in terms of the flow from PO to Receiving to Invoicing. Just when we go to Item Inquiry for a particular site the On Hand quantity is not updated. I know that doing an Inventory Reconcile might help correct the issue, but I'm looking for the CAUSE and hopefully permanent solution to fix the problem. We're not doing anything special in GP, no customizations or anything like that, just simple POP transactions. Any suggestions welcome...th...

how do I get the FROM field to not show
I have a user who is using Outlook 2003 on XP Pro. when she starts a new email she has: From: To: CC: Subject: How do I get rid of the "From:" field? She has no idea how she turned it on and I can't see how to turn it off.... Thanks Kelvin "Kelvin" <me@mydomain.com> wrote in message news:elzCUTEpKHA.1552@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I have a user who is using Outlook 2003 on XP Pro. > when she starts a new email she has: > From: > To: > CC: > Subject: > > How do I get rid of the "From:" field? If...

Links do not work in junk mail folder
Dear readers: I've noticed that the hyperlinks do not work on the messages sent to my junk folder and also, the images are not available. If I un junk a message or drag it to my inbox, both of the former behavior is reversed. Why does this happen and how can I undo this. That's by design, as a security feture.=20 You've already found the solution -- moving the item to another folder.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 ...

Dialog Editor Shows the previous name (not ID) of the resource
may be i havent explain clearly i try to expose the problem in another way: the resource.h contains something like this: .... #define IDC_STATIC_GROUPBOX_ARRAY 1000 .... when i click on that Group box in dilaog designer these values are shown in the properties box (Under the Misc Category): name = IDC_STATIC_GROUPBOX_ARR //its some previous name of the resource ID = IDC_STATIC_GROUPBOX_ARRAY // the current and correct ID of the resource the name property is grayed out (meaning its a read only property) but the ID property is editable Questions: 1- where does the VS store the name pro...

Closed envelope icon remain closed for IPM.Note messages
I have some IPM.Note messages with closed envelope icon. The icon remain closed no matter what. The only work-around is to change its message class to something else (e.g., IPM.Note.XXX) and change back. Tried to clear form cache, rename frmcache.dat, ... no luck. (using OL2003 and XP) Did anyone have similar experience? How did you fix it? Thanks in advance! ...

Relative links in Publisher?
I'm trying the publish a web page in Publisher and it keeps adding file:\\\c: to all my relative links making them absolute and unusable. How do I turn this off or make Publisher have relative links? ...

Linking images questions
I am preparing my 16 page newsletter for publication on offset printing. Most images in the newsletter are jpegs, a few are TIFFs. Once I insert all the images, I will convert them all to "Process Colors: CMYK" under the "Commercial Printing Option." I have a few questions about inserting images. What is the advantage of "linking" an image instead of "embedding" it for offset printing? Also, if I do link an image to a file, do I have to size the image exactly as it will appear in the newsletter before inserting it or can I insert the image and ...

My Live Meeting outlook add-in does not show up.
I have installed the Live Meeting Outlook add-in but for some reason it does not show up. Not sure what is going on? -- Chandana Hathi HArd to help without know what version of Outlook and what version of Windows. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Chandana_MS asked: | I have installed the Live Meeting Outlook add-in but for some reason | it does not show up. Not sure what is goin...