Another Printing Question

Hi Everyone,

I just can't seem to wrap my head around this printing thing.
What I am doing is creating a report that displays text, graphs (using a
third party graph control), list of items and expandable list control / tree
control hybrids.
The problem I am facing is number of pages.  I can't find a clean way to
find the places where I would need to start a new page.  Since what I am
printing is not uniform data, I can't simply find the number of lines of
text , multiply it by the line height, and divide by page height to find the
number of pages. (a graph has no lines of text, and besides that I would
have to start a new page before the graph is printed if only half of the
graph would fit on the rest of the page)

I guess one way would be to check my current y position against the height
of the dc, and see if it the next items height is going to be out of the
page, and if so start a new page.

But for some reason I am not comfortable with that.

Any ideas?

AliR.

0
AliR3470 (3236)
11/9/2005 10:57:44 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi AliR,

>I guess one way would be to check my current y position
>against the height of the dc, and see if it the next items
>height is going to be out of thepage, and if so start a new page.

I think this is a practical and easy to do workaround. If you need some
other pagination algorithm for your complex documents, I suggest search it
in the web, you may find a good resolution to your requirement.

Thanks for your understanding!

Best regards,

Gary Chang
Microsoft Community Support
--------------------
Get Secure! ��C www.microsoft.com/security
Register to Access MSDN Managed Newsgroups!
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/servicedesks/msdn/nospam.asp
&SD=msdn

v-garych (605)
11/10/2005 9:58:56 AM
AliR,

Can't understand why you find your own proposed solution uncomfortable, as a
matter of fact, it sounds like the cleanest possible :-) You keep a current
position, check the height of the next item to print, and if it is more than
the bottom margin, break the page and continue.

Johan Rosengren
Abstrakt Mekanik AB

"AliR" <AliR@online.nospam> skrev i meddelandet
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I just can't seem to wrap my head around this printing thing.
> What I am doing is creating a report that displays text, graphs (using a
> third party graph control), list of items and expandable list control /
> tree
> control hybrids.
> The problem I am facing is number of pages.  I can't find a clean way to
> find the places where I would need to start a new page.  Since what I am
> printing is not uniform data, I can't simply find the number of lines of
> text , multiply it by the line height, and divide by page height to find
> the
> number of pages. (a graph has no lines of text, and besides that I would
> have to start a new page before the graph is printed if only half of the
> graph would fit on the rest of the page)
>
> I guess one way would be to check my current y position against the height
> of the dc, and see if it the next items height is going to be out of the
> page, and if so start a new page.
>
> But for some reason I am not comfortable with that.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> AliR.

Automatic forwarding to another user account based on some logic
Is it possible to forward emails to DIFFERENT email accounts automatically based upon the user alias on the subject line. The rule wizard allows forwarding emails to predefined email address, but is there anything can be done to forward email to user account on the subject line? Such as a custom action or a script etc? Thanks for any help provided! ...

print only one page in a message Plain-Text
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_014E_01C60ADA.6EC09160 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi everyone! I can print only one page when a received a message in HTML format, but, = when I received a message how Plain text, I can=B4t choose only one page = ... How can I to do this?? My outlook is 2003. ------=_NextPart_000_014E_01C60ADA.6EC09160 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4....

When moving one (or more) messages from one folder to another, outlook instead brings them into a new e-mail as attachments
This is outlook 2000 running on a win-98 system. This doesn't happen all the time, but when it does happen it will keep happening for the rest of the session. When I highlight one (or more) messages and select "move" and then specify a target folder, what will happen is instead of moving the messages, outlook will open a new message composition window and throw all the selected messages into the new message as attachments. Anyone ever seen this before? Solution? KB? ...

Counting question
Hello, Column 1 contains a product ID and could contain just one entry or several entries depending upon how many reels of that product ID we have in inventory. Column 2 has the reel quantity in feet. I need to get a total quantity in feet for each product ID. Column 1 Column 2 Prod ID Feet ABC 100 ABC 150 ABC 200 XYZ 50 XYZ 50 I need the total product, in this example ABC = 450 ft and XYZ = 100 ft. I have over 3000 lines and over 600 products I can't do it manually. I think a pivot table would do it but I'm not sure... tks, st...

Quick question..
Our Exchange lab environment consists of three servers: One Exchange 2003 running on Windows 2003 (all service packs and updates). Two Windows 2003 DC's (all service packs and updates). One was an in-place upgrade from Win2k, the other was built from scratch. The domain is Ex2k3/Win2k3 native mode. Can i add an Exchange 2000 server to this environment now that the domain level has been raised and we're in 2k3 native mode? Thanks! jim Yes. Exchange native mode simply means no more Exchange 5.5 servers. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "jim" <jim@NOSPAM...

Physical Inventory process stupid question...
Hi, I'm wondering if someone can help me. I've gone brain dead regarding as aspect of Physical Inventory. I've a customer who opened a new Physical Inventory for various suppliers back in February. They've counted everything within a couple of days but are only now inputting the figures- don't ask me why. There are a couple of days between the opening dates and the count dates on each sheet- 02/02/08 and 05/02/08. They've calculated the discrepancies and are about to commit. Here's the stupid, brain dead part- is this count going to set the quantities in t...

Cannot copy graphics or text from one publisher document to anothe
Running Publisher 2000 on Win XP. I am unable to copy graphics or text from one publisher file to another, altho I can copy and paste within the same document. However, in some cases, I can copy TO the document, even though it is an old document. It does not seem to matter when the file was created. If I open a brand-new pub file, I can copy and paste to and from the new files. Most of the files are brochures (not using a template), but a couple are just blank pages. This was not a problem a couple of weeks ago. Before this became a problem, I updated my Office 2000 and Frontpage 2003 ...

FRx Row Format "Wording" Question
A user has requested I "mirror" an excel report in FRx. I can do everything except the last report line. The user wants it to say "Total as of MM/DD/YY" where the date changes depending on the period the report was ran. What kind of wording to other use? I like "Total at end of Period" - but I'm sure there are others. Any assistance appreciated. In the Headers/Footers from the Page Options tab in the Catalog, you can enter the text "Total as of" and then insert the code @NUMDTE. However, if he wants it in the row format, I'm afraid y...

Using on one list derive from another
I need to write a formula to operate on numeric values from column B in the contiguous range of all rows where column A has a specific string value. Column A is sorted on that string value, ascending. I'm using Excel from Office Pro 2000. I'm beginning to think that I need to write some kind of private functions to find the first and last rows where column A has a specific value. Before I perused this forum this morning, I wasn't even aware of private functions. -- Mike Scott Hi if you want for example sum column B try: =SUMIF(A:A,"your string",B:B) You may e...

What does "Print to Slip (OPOS)" mean?
In the receipt properties/editor, it has an optiion for on or off. What does it do? Does it copy the original receipt + add the signature section to the merchant copy? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0872_01C6F6F2.5278E110 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Jonathan, There are printers that have both roll paper and slot/spot for paper = that you add during the sale. Usually used for work orders for service = tickets, some prints both a regular receipt and prints something on a = paper slip f...

suppressing printing of report page
I have a report that prints separate pages by department. I need to suppress the printing of a department page if the year to date net income is 0 (contained in groupfooter4). I have thought of the onnodata event but that code doesn't seem to fit this situation. Can anybody give me advice on how to do this? Thanks for all help in advance. Dave hedgracer wrote: >I have a report that prints separate pages by department. I need to >suppress the printing of a department page if the year to date net >income is 0 (contained in groupfooter4). I have thought of the >onnodata event ...

Newsreader Question
I'm using Outlook Express for my newgroup reader. Everytime I open it, it tells me there are new newsgroups. How do I stop this? Thanks, James Tools | Options | General (tab) | Uncheck Notify... -- Jim Cone San Francisco, USA http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware "Zone" wrote in message I'm using Outlook Express for my newgroup reader. Everytime I open it, it tells me there are new newsgroups. How do I stop this? Thanks, James Thank you, Jim. "Jim Cone" <jim.coneXXX@rcn.comXXX> wrote in message news:e2$6swiRHHA.4088@TK2MSFTNG...

Exchange 2003/Contact Question...
...when I update or change an e-mail address for a contact in Exchange Server 2003, it does not show up on client computers for quite awhile. It seems like there is some sort of "auto update" that only happens every few hours or something like that. Does anyone know anything about this? Is there a way I can force it to update immediately? Any help will be greatfully appreciated, David "David" <David@home.net> wrote: >..when I update or change an e-mail address for a contact in Exchange Server >2003, it does not show up on client computers for quite awhi...

You cannot display this record while another user is editing it.
I had deleted a cash reciepts batch. I went to repost the batch, and when I tried to post to customer invoice's invoice's were gone. They had already been processed by pymnt00000036780. When I try to pull up this record, it get the above error message. If you look in customer inquiry to see record it looks like open invoice, pymnt000000036780 is there, but when you look at that, it tells you that record does not exsist. Did not post through to GL and does not exist anylonger( because it was deleted) How to I delete this payment record so I can post the payment and post a batc...

Want to Printing Sheet(x) from Sheet1
Greetings, I would like to print a Worksheet from another active worksheet. Example: From Sheet1: (clicking a cell, button??) If condition 2=true print Sheet2 If condition 3=true print Sheet3 etc Objective: Printing Bank Deposits Slips: We have 5 different accounts in one Bank, we have created 5 protected worksheets each having the fixed data on them (acc# ,acc name, etc). The variable data (deposits, cash back etc) we enter them from Sheet1 using a list we send the data to the corresponding account Sheet(2-6). We want to print only the Sheet that we selected in the list field. Is this...

Tax Detail Print on Documents
In the Tax Detail Maintenance window, I've checked the Print on Documents checkbox and entered a single character code in the box. When I print the invoice, I have to remember to check the Include Tax Details Box. But, that prints too much information. I don't want the tax detail info - I just want a "T" to print beside the taxable items. I guess I have to create a calculated field in Report Writer to do this. Is that correct? I am not sure how you would do this, because the invoice that prints is the SOP Blank Options Invoice Form and the field printed is a calcu...

Question #13
Seems a simple question, but I do not have a clue. Assume in Cell A1 "= A2". Now I want to reffer the two with a value which is in A3. Which can vary. Something like "=A(A3)" Is that possible? Hi Just, Am Fri, 22 Jul 2011 20:43:00 +0200 schrieb Just Merks: > Assume in Cell A1 "= A2". > Now I want to reffer the two with a value which is in A3. Which can vary. > Something like "=A(A3)" try: =INDIRECT("A"&A3) Regards Claus Busch -- Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2 Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2 ...

Printing in Publisher #4
I need to print single addresses on postcards one at a time and I'm having trouble. I finally see how to get the system to print one postcard, but I can't get it to print the address in the right direction and on the card. Do I have to place the postcard in a specific place to print the address? Please help! I have a toll free number if you can call; t is 877-736-7630. Thanks, again. What version Publisher? Are you using mail merge? This article will help if you are using 2003 and below: How to create postcard layouts in Publisher http://support.microsoft.com/kb/312156/en-us...

Showing another worksheet from a form
I have created a form. I want to be able to click on a command butto and show another worksheet (ie.graph). When finished viewing I want t click on a close command button and return to the form. Is this possible in Excel. Thanks in anticipation. Regards Rhem -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Rhema, There may be a slicker way, but you can to this. In the form, the button runs this (put in UserForm module): Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() UserForm1.Hide ' dismiss the form Sheets("Chart1").Visible = True ' optional Sheets("Chart1").Select Act...

name of axis is not printed fully in charts
HI, The x axis name is 'YTD 2007, but only YTD is visible on the chart, how do I amend this? Hi, A known problem. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3ben-us%3b870698 Try adding trailing spaces and non-breaking spaces (ALT+160 numeric keypad) Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "AngelBubbles" <AngelBubbles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:85D3B547-0526-494E-ADBE-65AA067C3051@microsoft.com... > HI, > > The x axis name is 'YTD 2007, but only YTD is visible on the chart, how do > I &g...

how can I print address labels from an excel file
How can I print address labels from a file created in Excel? With great difficulty, trial and error using Excel alone. For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 12:57:08 -0800, bcowan <bcowan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I print address labels from a file created in Excel? Thanks for your help. I downloaded a free wizard from Avery...

CDBException / ::SQLError question
I am trying to detect which error occurs. The following errors I expect happening: 1) Opening a database fails because it doesn't exist 2) While connected via CDatabase, I use CRecordset::Open(). But then the SQL Server is shut down. The m_bRetCode is always SQL_ERROR it seems, in any of the above cases. In the first case, I see that SQL State code is 37000. In the second case CDatabase continues to stay connected ( CDatabase::IsOpen() yields TRUE), while CRecordset::Open() fails with m_nRetCode SQL_ERROR. So, m_nRetCode is useless for me to uniquely identify the error. The only thing...

OWA / DNS MX record question
We are using Windows 2003 Server and Exchange 2003. OWA --> Internet --> [166.90.x.x] Firewall [192.168.1.1] --> Front End Server[192.168.1.10] --> Back End Server [192.168.1.20] Back End Server: 2 NICs - One local LAN [172.17.0.4] and one Private LAN [192.168.1.20] DNS is running on the BE Server and is being used by the FE server. Here is my question: In the MX record on the BE server, should we resolve the FQDN we use for OWA (webmail.domain.com) as the public IP (166.90.x.x) , FE Server IP (192.168.1.10) or BE Server IP (192.168.1.20) ? Thank you in advance for readin...

printing to PDF smaller font
Can you tell me why when I save my Publisher file to PDF format, the text appears a wee bit smaller? The PDF print page is about 1/4 smaller than the Publisher pages. The paper size is 8.5 x 11" Check all of the settings in your .pdf creating software. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Kim" <Kim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3ED88A29-E992-40F8-AF1D-39078FA0F036@microsoft.com... > Can you tell me why when I save my Publisher file to PDF format, the text > appears a w...

Mny2006 configuration question
When I upgrade from XP to Win7, I am going to do a complete wipeout of C drive. IWhen I install the MNY2006 cd, I will use the backup for my personal file. I would like the 'new' configuration of the Mny2006 to be the same as the configuration which I currently use. Question: Does the .mny and/or the .mbf backups contain the configuration or is there another file(s) which I should copy to a thumb drive? I have both .mny and .mbf files on a thumb drive. tia I'm not sure what you mean by "contain the configuration". Some settings are stored in your file and its backups...