alpha-blend text using GDI

Hi all,
I was wondering if there is any way to do text alpha-blending using GDI. My
original thought is that draw the text to a bitmap first and then alphablend
the bitmap which should be easier. But it turns out this scheme can not be
easily fitted into our project due to the fact that we support zooming (the
text quality is really bad when you zoom in/out bitmap). Is there any other
way to do text alpha-blending using GDI? (GDI+ is not a choice to us)
Thanks.
Darrian

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Please Help: Append New text to Old text already present in databa
Hi All, I have an excel form which populates access database. On the form Once we input a student Id in the form, we can input student records and also add comments, after making the changes we click "Submit" and the data goes in the databae. One field that I have on the form is "Comments" Textbox whereTA can insert their comments for any student. Here multiple TA's can comment for one student. The issue I want to resolve is. When a new TA inserts a comment, Old comments are deleted and replaced by the new comments. Is there a way to append new commen...

Case of the weird shrinking combo text
I have seen this problem mentioned once before somewhere on the net - and it's one that hits us from time to time... We have some comboboxes on a worksheet. Just occasionally, for no apparent reason, the text within the comboboxes starts to shrink in size with each click. Eventually it becomes unreadable. Has anyone experienced this and is there a cure? Many thanks to all, Ian Digby -- Work performed in the spirit of service is worship...Baha''i Writings ...

Skip pattern based on text box value
Hi, I have a text control. People will be typing either words or numbers into it. If they type 99 I want to skip down several questions. Here's the condition for my macro: [Forms]![frmFB213]![FB215]=99 The action is 'Go to control' and the control name points to question FB229. I've put my macro in the AfterUpdate section, but nothing is happening. I'm suspecting this is because the answer is free-text. All my skip patterns based on combo boxes are working well. I've tried putting single and double quotes around the 99, I've tried using the "Like&q...

how do you use html
does anyone know how to use html? "admin@cybererrol.co.uk" <admin@cybererrol.co.uk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9833D80-F4BA-4221-8211-EEE3B68C1666@microsoft.com... > does anyone know how to use html? Yes. *Some* of the people who write websites do. (Just in case you did not know, this group is for discussing Microsoft Access, the desktop database.) -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 07:27:...

How to use same formula throughout the spreadsheet??
I would like to use the same formula throughout the spreadsheet, although the cell numbers and values will be different. For example =b1-SUM(c1:f1). How do I format it so this calculation takes place for each row of cells but with their respective cell numbers and values? Hi i'm assuming that you've got the formula say in A1 and you want it in A2, A3 ..... to do this, click on the cell with the formula move your mouse over the bottom right hand corner of the cell and you'll see a little + double click on the + this should copy the formula down as far as there is data in ...

Embedded Text Box
For unknown reason, I had more than 7000 blank text boxes embedded in my spreadsheet. Seemed like one on top of the other. This blew up my file to about 1.44Mb and considerably slowing down the performance. Is there a way to delete those text boxes really quick? Thanks in advance. Evan Hit F5, click on Special, select Objects, click OK, hit delete. Beware - ALL objects will be deleted, so if you've got some that you want to keep, hold down Ctrl and deselect the loved ones. Rgds, ScottO "EK" <EK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1555232-244B-4784-8ECF-...

searching records that use a range for Values
I am trying to figure out the best way to set up tables that have value ranges. This is to be used for entering Plant Information. Heights,etc are typically expressed in ranges, i.e. 10-12', 12-14', 14-16' etc. Sometimes it might be necessary to create an entry where heights are 10-16'. I thought about using 2 fields for each record; "min height" & "max height". I'm concerned about how I would eventually construct a query to search for ranges if this is the proper thing to do. I am not a programmer (I don't know VBA) and do this in my spare tim...

using Control to populate combobox
Dear, I have a form where i have to populate diferent comboboxes at diferent stages with data from a seperate database. Im trying to write a Function that would easally repeate the task, the main problem is specifeing what combobox to use. here is a part of my coding Public Sub LoadCB(cbName As Control, SelectionString As String) cbCount = 0 Set rstLoadCB = VMSDatabase.OpenRecordset(SelectionString) With rstLoadCB .MoveLast cbCount = .Counter .MoveFirst If TypeName(CB) = cbName Then End If Next CB End With Set rstLoadCB = Nothing...

get the text string appear the most times !
Hi, all ! Sorry abt posting this question many time, but I think I gave a hard understanding question before. In my report, I need to get the value of a group of records that appear the most times. For example: I have a text "Sushi" appears in my report 10 times, "Nobashi" appears 20 times, "shrimp" 5 times ---> my desire that is a textbox show "Nobashi" as result. Hope this way is easer to understand my problem. Any suggestion for this ? Thanks with appreciated of all ur time. Luan. ...

How can I use a worksheet to plot polar coordinates?
I am trying to use an Excel worksheet as the matrix for plotting polar coordinates. Is there a way that this can be done? Hi, Have a look at these web pages on the subject. http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/SBXLPage.asp#Charting http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Polar.htm http://www.andypope.info/charts/polarplot.htm Cheers Andy louradam wrote: > I am trying to use an Excel worksheet as the matrix for plotting polar > coordinates. Is there a way that this can be done? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Using Outlook meeting reminder as event registrant follow-up
Hi all, Has anyone used the Outlook meeting reminder as a follow-up to registrants of a seminar/webinar or other event? If so, how do you set-it up for bulk distribution without the recipients seeing the other attendees? Any advice would be helpful. ...

Cannot connect to Vanguard using Online Services
I cannot connect to the Vanguard Group with Money 2005 eventhough Vanguard and money say I should be able to. It says the connection failed. I can connect to my other banks. There is no descriptive error message. Anyone know why this is? Well, I CAN connect to Vanguard but CANNOT connect to Hewitt Assciates LLC, another brokerage. MM 05 is buggiest Microsoft product I've ever seen. In microsoft.public.money, MelTracy wrote: >I cannot connect to the Vanguard Group with Money 2005 eventhough Vanguard >and money say I should be able to. It says the connection failed. I can...

Unable to go online when using a router
Hi I have several CRM laptop users who are unable to go online while at home. They are able to get a functioning VPN connection and ping the servers but when trying to go online with CRM they get the Unable to connected to the CRM server error. However the same users are able to go online when using a vodafone card. I am guessing the problem is with the routers that are being used at their homes Has anyone got any idea how to rectifty this ? Thanks Brian Is your network set up where they cannot access the SQL Server directly when they come in on the VPN? Simple test from a command ...

getting TEXT of an xslt.transform
On my page right now, I call a function: <%=getMenu()%> in my codebehind, I have the function do an xslt transformation: sub xslt.Transform(doc, xslArg, Response.Output, Nothing) end sub Instead of calling the function directly on the main page, I now want to just place a literal on the page and set the literal's text via codebehind. However, I can't seem to do this: ltl_menu.Text = xslt.Transform(doc, xslArg, Response.Output, Nothing) As the 'expression does not return a value'. How can one get the result of the text as a string? -Darrel Hello! > lt...

Text File using MACRO
Hello, I will appreciate if someone assist me in order to solve the following problem. I want to read an operating system file from EXCEL sheet. The information in this text file appended each day. That&#8217;s why I want to use Macro to read this text file which is located on c:\SEDAN\INFO\Mit.log. What steps should I follow in order to read this text file using MACRO. Each time when I run the MACRO it refreshes the information from the text file and display its information into Excel sheet. Could you please check that matter and give me its solution? Regards David. Start a new workb...

where to purchase visio 2003 for use with windows 98 SE
I am using windows 98 SE and would like to install visio. When I went to comp usa, staples, etc. I was shocked to find that visio 2003 can only be used with win 2000/xp. Can anyone suggest a legitimate source where i could buy a new, unused copy of visio 2002 for use with win 98 and what a reasonable price is? Also, to qualify for the cheaper 'upgrade' version, what apps must already be installed? What are the requirements for the full, non-upgrade version, which will probably be about twice the price? thanks. ...

attachments in rich text
i cannot send attachments in rich text, why? Don't know. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Andy asked: | i cannot send attachments in rich text, why? Rich text needs to be supported by the receiving mail client and mailserver as well. Otherwise you'll end up with a winmail.dat attachment or nothing at all. For more info see; http://www.howt...

How to put limits on frame resizing when using splitter window?
Hi, I have a static splitter window in SDI. The right pane of the splitter is a CScrollView. The main frame is resizable. How do I prevent a user from resizing the frame so the right pane does not go beyond a given size?. The left pane's size is not important. I keep the frame size in check on splitter bar drag by calling ResizeParentToFit(TRUE) . Thanks, Bogdan As far as I know, you will have to override the WM_MOUSEMOVE message and do your limiting there. Basically what you will have to do is copy the content of CSplitterWnd::OnMouseMove into your CSplitterWnd::OnMouseMove ...

which free e-mail clients are available to use with outlook 2003?
I have just found out that yahoo isn't compatible with outlook 2003 for some reason, and that Hotmail services will only work if they are the premium services. Is there any other e-mail client available to use with this edition of outlook? Many Thanks GMail seems to support Outlook 2003: http://gmail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13278 "gemma" <gemma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3D9B32DA-EF1D-4611-BE4D-D4101580D4FF@microsoft.com... >I have just found out that yahoo isn't compatible with outlook 2003 for >some > reason, and ...

Using an update query to update amount in stock automatically
I have created a database to keep a track of orders. In the stock table I have a field called amount in stock. In order table I have a field called order quantity. I have created an update query to update amount in stock to [amount in stock]-[order quantity]. I wish to create a macro to run the update query on my order form once the sale is confirmed. My problem is that I want to just update the single record on the order form, and not all items of stock from all existing orders. I know I can add a parameter criteria to my update query (i.e. enter order number) so that only stock relating ...

Help! on filtering a report using a form & query
Hi. I've got a database with lookup fields. I have a form, a query and a report whose record source is the query. I want the user to select the lookup field from a drop down combo box And then run the query. If I change the query so the the criteria reads: [Forms]![frmCloseOutFilter]![txtCollection] and then run it, it will prompt me for the collection, I type a "3" and I get the desired results. It also works If I then run the report separately. But, If I try to run it from the form, I select my collection (It's a two column combo box, the first column has a width of 0...

Use of CFileDialog
I'm trying to use CFileDialog to allow the user to select an existing file, but it asserts in DoModal because (m_ofn.Flags & OFN_ENABLEHOOK) is ok. If I set that flag, it'll assert because (m_ofn.lpfnHook != NULL) is false. I didn't think I needed to provide a hook function. If I do, how should I provide it and what should it do? If I bypass those two asserts, the dialog comes up but displays no files. Have I created the filter string incorrectly? Finally, it dies with an access violation in the destructor. I'm guessing this will stop if I fix the other two issues. I'...

Text boxes not printing...in Word 2007
When placing a text box over an image - it shows in the Word document. But when printing, it either does not print the text at all or only prints a few characters. I'm running Word 2007. Thank You Constance At Office Button | Word Options | Display, make sure you have "Print drawings created in Word" checked. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "caharbin" <caharbin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52724686-D7AC-4146-9414-60712CFEF672@microsoft.com... > ...

How do I control a text box via another combo box
I have read through dsome o the other answers and I just can't seem to get it. I have a table called employee information. Within that table are two fields. Retail Title and Retail Incentive. I have a form with a combo box for the the Retail Title. This field looks to a table called Retial titles which is two fields...Title and Incentive What I want to do is have it so when I choose a title in the form it populates the incentive in another text box. The combo box column count = 2 What should by settings be for my text box?(That of course if I should be using a t...

Reporting options for emails blocked using DNSBL or as unknown recipient
In our Exchange configuration I have recently made two changes: 1. To block emails from being received for unknown recipients (as per KB 886208) 2. To block senders using a DNS block-list. Both of these were implemented as anti-spam measures and both of these seem to be working fine. What I am curious about is whether there is any logging I can turn on which will give me an indication of how many emails each of these methods is blocking. Any ideas appreciated. -- Brian Cryer www.cryer.co.uk/brian Perfmon counters are available for these. However, these are reset every time Exchan...