Thanks
Emp
--
work at forum.empkey.com
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"ebookfinder" <ebookfinder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> How can I align an ole object (ms-word equation, mathtype,...) in-line
> with
> its surround text in CRichEditView?

I ma be wrong but I am not sure if its possible. Essentially what you are
asking is inserting a CWnd in CRichEditView and let CRichEditView manage its
location etc. It doesnt sound like a common usage.

--
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6842)
3/1/2008 12:44:39 PM
CRichEdit can support having OLE objects inserted.  As to whether or not you can control
the position, this would probably involve character or paragraph formatting options, so
I'm not sure what to suggest.

See, for example, WordPad, that lets you put any OLE object in; look at the .rtf and it
will show a \object value.  What follows appears to be the binary object data.  But the
question is how to control the details of the display of that object; I'd suggest looking
at the Microsoft RTF specs

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ac57de32-17f0-4b46-9e4e-467ef9bc5540&displaylang=en

I haven't looked at the document in years, but for a while I had a program that produced
rtf from a database (database-to-publication).  But the membership chair resigned after 20
years, and since we stopped producing the membership list, I haven't needed that program
in several years.
					joe

On Sat, 1 Mar 2008 07:44:39 -0500, "Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra@yahoo.com> wrote:

>"ebookfinder" <ebookfinder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> How can I align an ole object (ms-word equation, mathtype,...) in-line
>> with
>> its surround text in CRichEditView?
>
>I ma be wrong but I am not sure if its possible. Essentially what you are
>asking is inserting a CWnd in CRichEditView and let CRichEditView manage its
>location etc. It doesnt sound like a common usage.
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)

perpetually loading text
my mailbox shows the subject and sender but the message area of the page is blank and the hourglass icon shows constantly as though it is downloading the message but it never loads. This happens even with emails i have already read before this problem started a week ago. Thanks for any input. ...

Line Items skipped in PO Generation
We are currently using Dynamics GP v9.0. Our Purchasing Agent has been having a problem now for a couple of months when printing Purchase Orders - As she enters each item, they show correctly on the screen (1, 2, 3, etc), however upon printing the PO, line 2 (or 3) is left blank and then becomes 3 or whatever the next line item would be. The item is not 'skipped' on the PO, just moved down one line item, thus creating a 'blank' line item so that the vendor then thinks there is a line item missing. Any suggestions? This is happening whether there are two items or 20. t...

What is wrong with this line?
mySeries[1] = mySeriesCollection.Add(myWorksheet.get_Range("D2", "D13"), Excel.XlRowCol.xlColumns, false, false, false); Causes this error... System.InvalidCastException was unhandled OleAut reported a type mismatch. What am I doing wrong? ...

Changing a text field to a date field
Hi I know this is a problem for lots of people but I still cant find an answer. I have imported a text file into excel with a number field that displays credit card expiry dates as a 4 digit number. example 0408 so month + year. I have converted the number field to a text field so it doesnt drop off the first zero and now I need to convert it to a date field. Any nice easy simple ideas. Any help would be much appreaciated. Or direction to a question the same. Perhaps =DATE(100+RIGHT(A1,2),LEFT(A1,2),1) format as date -- daddylonglegs --------------------------------------------...

Series order conflicts with line order
I've set my series in the order that I want, however, it conflicts with the visual layout of the lines. One data line (less important) visually obstructs another line in the chart. Is there a way to change the layout order (without changing the series order), i.e., forcing it "back" or "behind" another line. Thanks. Diana Hi, Perhaps you could use the secondary axis, which will plot lines in front of the primary axis series. Add a new series based on the same cells and set it to the secondary axis. That should sort the obstruction. You will then need to remo...

cant print spread sheet with lines on it
i am trying to put some info onto excel but when i print it out i only get the print and not the grid lines can somebody tell me the correct settings thanks. File > Page Setup > Sheet tab > Put a checkmark in 'Gridlines'. Hope this helps. George Gee "steve earle" <steve earle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6017023B-592D-400B-A671-8B65C1BB02A4@microsoft.com... >i am trying to put some info onto excel but when i print it out i only get > the print and not the grid lines can somebody tell me the correct settings > thanks. t...

Text to Columns from drop down list update
Hi I need to perform a Text to Column conversion from a drop down list, but I also need the extracted value to be updated if the value in the list is changed. eg: Drop down list has 2 values: 1. 4x16K 2. 8x8K If the user selects 1 I can easily extract out to another cell the value 1 using Text to columns, however if the user then changes the choice to 2 the text to columns extraction is not updated to 2. Is there a way to update changes in the original cell using text to columns? Or is there another way I can assign a value to a drop down menu choice in a different cell while havi...

polynomial formula for a line graph...
Hi. I haven't looked at this feature in a couple of years. Excel can give you the formula for a charted function... what I mean is, given a few data points, it can create a best fit curve, and display the function that it used to do that... Would someone remind me where, please? Thanks. Hi, Right click the data series and pick Add Trendline. From the dialog you can choose the type of trend line and whether to display the formula. Cheers Andy mark wrote: > Hi. > > I haven't looked at this feature in a couple of years. > > Excel can give you the formula for ...

Excel --- Physical dimensions of a chart object
Is there a way to know the physical dimensions of a chart object on a worksheet? I have data in several worksheets and I would like all my charts to be of the same size (obviously this means that data with a smaller range of values will be more spread out than data with a larger range of values). Thanks, Nimmi This is just an example: Sub Macro2() ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Activate ActiveChart.ChartArea.Select n = ActiveSheet.Shapes("Chart 1").Width m = ActiveSheet.Shapes("Chart 1").Height MsgBox (n & " BY " & m...

dialog based app & command line
Hello, I'm trying to launch my application with command line arguments, but I received an error, without any identification number of it. The MessageBox tolds me: "Runtime error" "the path to my exe file" "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact...". Have somebody a ideea where is the problem? Thank you a lot in advance, Alex PS: When I debbutg the appllication with command line args. from project properties the app. starts very well Try setting the start command line options fro...

And introducing... The Default Text Box Add-in!!
Default Text Box for Publisher 2002/2003 allows you to save defaults for text boxes in Publisher 2002 (which before now has been impossible) and to save these defaults for use in future publications (which isn't even possible with Publisher 2003!) Download it now from http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/Publisher/add-ins.htm Go on, give it a go - it's free! -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm I don't want add-ons for 2002 - I want 2003! "Ed Bennett" <...

Text Boxes
Hi, I am currently using Excel in Office XP. I have created a small 'Text Box', but have a lot of text in it and I do not want to make the 'Text Box' any bigger. Is there any way that I can place 'Scroll Bars' on the 'Text Box' ? Regards Tappie Hi Tappie A textbox from the Controls Toolbox has a Scrollbars property. A textbox from the Drawing toolbar doesn't. HTH. best wishes Harald "Tappie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:2890e01c463ff$f1d86ec0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I am currently using ...

Equation of smoothed line between points
HI, I know I can add a trend line and get the equation for it. But the data I have does not really fit the trendline types offered. When I just add a line between the points and it is in SMOOTHED mode, is there any way to get that equations. Or at least to find values on that line between existing data points. And I realize I could linearly interpolate between those point, but I would rather have the smoothed line. THanks for the help. -- Mark Mesarch School of Natural Resources University of Nebraska-Lincoln You realize that the smoothing is not rigorously defined to track the da...

Text formatted email
I am trying to email a long hyperlink path to some one that can only receive text formatted emails. When they receive the email it, the hyperlink gets converted in to 2 lines, top line is a hyperlink (path incomplete) the second line is "text" with the balance of the hyperlink path. I placed < > around the hyperlink and it still splits in to 2 lines. Is there any way to keep the full link path intact? Thanks! jvs Tiny URL to the rescue! :-) http://tinyurl.com/ -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Cr...

different versions in visio ole-object?
hello i have some problems printing a word document which includes some visio drawingns. In word i can see the visio object like i edited it but when printing the word-document, a completly old version of the visio object is printed out. The printed object is older that 2 weeks. I tryed printing the document from other PC without changes. I tryed copying the ole-object into an other word dokument (copy/paste) without changes. Printing the document from wordpad works great .... I also opened the visio object (doublecklick in word) and edited the object, saved the file and exited back to wo...

Alignment
How to align inbox in out look express "jasmin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0ef701c4369b$d98c5520$3501280a@phx.gbl... > How to align inbox in out look express Huh? Align with what? jasmin <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How to align inbox in out look express Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Detecting Case of Text in a Cell
Hi All I know it's possible to change the case of text in a cell in Excel using Lower, Upper and Proper, but is there a function that tells me the current case of the text? A user has a spreadsheet of catalogue items, some in proper case and some in upper. He wants to seperate those in upper case into a separate sheet but I can't think of an easy way of doing it. Can anyone help? Colin -- Colin Vicary ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Colin Vicary's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10472 View this...

how to increase text size in reading pane
dennist685 dennist685 <dennist685@nospam.gmail.com> wrote: > dennist685 Depoends on your Outlook version, which you decided wasn't important enough to mention. -- Brian Tillman 2007 tjanks "Brian Tillman" wrote: > dennist685 <dennist685@nospam.gmail.com> wrote: > > > dennist685 > > Depoends on your Outlook version, which you decided wasn't important enough > to mention. > -- > Brian Tillman > > dennist685 <dennist685@nospam.gmail.com> wrote: > 2007 I don't have OL 2007, but in OL 2003, the Readi...

not repeating text boxes in reports with columns
Hello, I am trying to create a report with columns without repeating certain text boxes. Here is an example of what I would like to create: [Date] "Month1" [Date] "Month2" [Date] "Month3" [Product] "Product1": [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [Product] "Product2": [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [Product] "Product3": [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [Product] "Product4": [q...

Moveable Vertical Line
I am trying to create a chart with two vertical lines that are moveable by the user clicking and dragging them to a spot on the chart. One line is for the starting x value and one is for the ending x value inside the given range. Once I have the start and end lines placed I would like to do an average of all the values that fall in between them. And also find the min/max values. What I am having trouble doing is creating a vertical line that a user can click on and move to whatever x value they want. I can create the line but how do I assign it's position to a particular x value??? A...

adding a line to an existing chart
Hi, I have a chart with bars and two lines but I want to add another line on top of what I already have...can I do this if so, how? I have tried many things but it is not showing up. Please provide as much detail as possible, as I am fairly new to this. JudyT Select the data for the new line (say F2:F20) Click the Copy tool Click the chart Use menu command Edit | Past Special; specify New Series; click OK Suppose the data is G2:F20 with new x-values in column F Select the data for the new line (say G2:F20) Click the Copy tool Click the chart Use menu command Edit | Past Special; speci...

Linking and Updating Word Text
I created a template in Publisher, including text, titles, pictures, etc. I have 13 separate Word docs that people are changing and updating. The text from the 13 documents needs to link into that Publisher template, to creat 13 new Publisher files. I need to accomplish two goals: a) 13 consistant looking Publisher files, that are, b) easily updated from the Word docs through link updates (or whatever.) I've only been able to bring over embedded objects from Word as pictures. Thank you. In Publisher, create a text box, right-click, click change text, click text file, browse t...

CFile write line feed VC++
I would like to know how to write a line feed or cursor return using CFile. I am new to VC++ net. It must me simple but I can't find it in the documentation. Thanks in advance. ---Mike folderann wrote: > I would like to know how to write a line feed or cursor return using > CFile. > > I am new to VC++ net. It must me simple but I can't find it in the > documentation. Thanks in advance. ---Mike "\n" is a line feed. CFile f; if (f.Open("C:\\lf.txt", CFile::modeCreate | CFile::modeReadWrite )) { f.Write("\n", 1); f.Close(); }...

line space
H One user with OS X and Office V. x having line space problem in word. Line space is very big. I have reinstalled office, dump user preferences but still having the same problem. If I log on as a different user its work fine. Please help In article <6DFABBD5-3423-4F37-B802-BE232639402C@microsoft.com>, hbr <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi > > One user with OS X and Office V. x having line space problem in word. Line > space is very big. I have reinstalled office, dump user preferences but still > having the same problem. If I log on as a diff...

On-line quotes server does not work
OK - there are numerous posts in this Newsgroup stating that the on-line update to stock quotes and news does not work - everyone getting the "unable to connect to quotes server" error. Is it working for anyone? I switched from Quicken to Money and I'm about to switch back - at least Quicken can do something as simple as downloading quotes from a server reliably. Anyone home at Microsoft? On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 21:40:12 -0800, "Anyone home at Microsoft? Hello?" <fbella@aol.com> wrote: > >OK - there are numerous posts in this Newsgroup stating >that...