AfxMessageBox problem in Windows 98?

I have this strange problem.  I developed an application in Windows 2000
where you enter some data in a editbox and then press enter and if it is the
wrong data a message box pops up with a message.  This works fine in Windows
2000, but in Windows 98 the message box does not popup and there is no error
reported.  I have never had this problem before and the message boxes have
always worked just fine when going from Windows 2000 to Windows 98.  Does
anyone know what might be causing this?

    Roger

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Show the line of code. My first guess would be some sort of style flag that is
incompatible, but without seeing the line of code that fails. What value does it return?
Have you tried calling GetLastError() after it fails, and/or done a watch on @ERR,hr to
see if there is anything useful there?
				joe

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 08:46:15 -0700, "R.H." <roger.hugginsNoSpam@intermec.com> wrote:

>I have this strange problem.  I developed an application in Windows 2000
>where you enter some data in a editbox and then press enter and if it is the
>wrong data a message box pops up with a message.  This works fine in Windows
>2000, but in Windows 98 the message box does not popup and there is no error
>reported.  I have never had this problem before and the message boxes have
>always worked just fine when going from Windows 2000 to Windows 98.  Does
>anyone know what might be causing this?
>
>    Roger

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)

Strange Excel Problem.....
Hi there, We are facing one very strange excel problem in our organization.We have purchased new IBM thinkcenter 851 desktops for our Managers.We have installed Windows 2000 professional as operating system and Office 97 as office in that pcs.Now we are facing one very strange problem....Normally when you click on "New" shortcut( I mean right click anywhere and select "new" option),you will find "Microsoft Excel Worksheet" as shortcut listed in that option and when you select it new excel worksheet will be opened.But here,whenever i click on "new"...

Thread synchronization problem
Hello I am facing a problem in sychronizing 2 threads. I do have 2 classes (CPlayBuffer & CPlay) and 2 threads. CPlayBuffer will start from the main application. CPlay(Write into wave out device) thread will start from CPlayBuffer(read from the socket) thread. I am reserving 5buffers. As soon as i get 5 buffers i am signalling an event to notify the play thread to start read from the buffer queue. I am maintaining a circular buffer. In that i am keeping write position, read position, filled buffer nos. I am using CRITICAL_SECTION to avoid overlapping of the variable between 2...

convert Date formate (windows default) to Arabic
Dear all, any one have an idea about how i can convert the Date from gorgian Date formate (windows default) to Arabic Um AL Qura format (Hijiri) ? -- MBS Developer Abdelrahman Nabil ...

formula change problem #2
The columns that the formula is referencing can change locations on th spreadsheet, if a user inserts a new column. To simplify the questio I put the actual column numbers in the formula but actually I will hav an integer defined that will hold the column number. That integer wil get populated by grabbing the column number from a named cell in tha particular column. I hope I explained that good enough. I was using the offset's in the formulas because that is what I am mos familiar with. Can offset's not be used in formulas? Is there a better way? Thanks -- cparson ---------...

Any security concern about Windows event 529?
We have been seeing large amount of windows event 529 on our domain controller. Sometimes it has a valid user name. Sometimes, it sends the computer name as the user name. We have the account locked out rule set on DC, but no account locked for these 529 events. And what is the potential cause for those w/o the actual user name? Raw Event = Logon Failure: Reason: Unknown user name or bad password User Name: WORKSTATION01$ Domain: DMNET Logon Type: 3 Logon Process: NtLmSsp Authentication Package: NTLM Workstation Name: WORKSTATION01 Caller User Name: ...

Problem when printing. Default color is black but should be color
Hi. I have two network printers instaled in my computer. One is named as black and only prints in black and the other is color and prints and color. The black printer is the default. when I'm in excel and I wnat to print in color I choose the color printer. The problem is that for some reason the default type of color of the color printer change to black. but in printer properties the color type is color. I tried in word but everything is ok. So my question is, why does excel changes my default color type to black instead of using the default type witch is color. Regards, Marco M...

Windows Media Center Update
This is a problem I have been having, this morning I wanted to use the WMC (Windows Media Center) TV internet service, but when I launched it in WMC it said for me to update WMC. I used Windows Update to check but I encountered "ERROR 80072efd", with that I decided to manually update WMC. Now that is my problem, I can't find the update for WMC. I have Windows Vista Home premium 32-bit, unknown WMC version. I request simple and strait forward responses, and I do not wish to update to Windows 7. You may encounter temporary connection-related errors [e.g., 0x80072EFD]...

COUNTIF or SUMIF Problem
Hi folks: I have a Bill-of-Materials where the parts used in a product are referenced like C11, R22, etc. The contents of C2 are: C13,C16,C18,C19,C23 To get a quantity of the parts used of each type, is it possible to count the occurences of "C" (or R, or anything else) ? I've tried =COUNTIFSheet1!,"*C*" and variants Would appriciate any help - Many thanks Steve Have you tried =COUNTIF(Sheet1!A:A,"*C*") where A is the column with the data in -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "s boak" <sboak.e...

Cut/Copy & Past problems
I would like to copy a group of rows from one workbook to another - The second workbook has formulas along the bottom to do various sums etc on the block of dat at the top - I want to copy and paste different blocks from various sheets and the print the new sheet with the sums - The blocks are always in the same format but have different numbers of rows so when I copy and paste them I highlight the block to be copied and then highlight the block of data to be Replaced and then choose Paste - Hoping that the highlighted block on the second sheet will have it's data replaced with the ...

Access 2003
Hello, I have two different Access 2003 databases, one has a problem with showing options when the right mouse button is clicked on a table, query or anything, the other one does not. This started happening out of the blue ... I checked tools, options thinking I had inadvertly set some sort of option, but there is nothing that I can see that would affect the mouse in one data base and not the other .. very strange. It is the same on my computer at home and at the office ... Any help on this would be much appreciated. Abay Is there anything else running that could interfere? The ...

Excel 2007 sorting problem
In Excel 2007, every time I change ranges, and even sometimes when I move away from a range and then come back to an old range, I have to re-enter the sort parameters every time. In Excel 2003, and for some versions before, if I sorted a selected range (say A4:Q54) by Col A Asc, Col G Asc, and Col C Desc then Excel would remember the sort parameters so that if I changed ranges to say A60:Q100 it would keep those same parameters loaded and I could just simply sort my data without having to re-enter the sort parameters all over again. Please direct me to where I can get some help on this issue...

Upgrade from Windows 2000 to Windows 2003 Killed OWA
I upgraded a Windows 2000 Server machine running Exchange 2003, to Windows Server 2003. Now after authenticating to OWA, "HTTP/1.0 503 Service Unavailable" is displayed in the browser. I seen this (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=305030 ) from another post, but have not tried the items at the bottom yet. In IIS, the VDirs, Exchweb, Exchange, EXadmin, were not using the ExchangeApplicationPool, they were using the default. Plus I had to click the create button next to application on all three. I tried and iisreset after that, but it did not help. I also made sure the se...

Problems getting rid of "..Program is trying to access your e-mail addresses.."
I am trying to complete a migration to Exchange 2003 Outlook 2003 from an Exchange 5.5 Outlook 2003 environment. I have all of my clients configured so that the HKey_Local_Machine value of CheckAdminSettings is set to 1 or 2. I have identical security group documents in the Outlook 10 Security Settings and Outlook Security Settings folders. Unfortunately Some of my users are still seeing the Outllok security prompts. I have checked the permissions on the Security Settings folders and everything seems to be correct. What am I missing and why can't I make the prompts disappear. Everything...

Re: Excel Problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0046_01C5D5BA.E1DDCCD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have some sheets 1;2;3;4; ETC................. I would like the new page list release with one botton: A1-Nome de sheet(1;2;3;4; ETC) A2-Date(C50:C80) A3-Import (D50:D90) Best regards Marcello "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> ha scritto nel = messaggio=20 news:uk86X7v0FHA.3188@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Marcello, > > I am not absolutely clear as to what you...

Connection Manager API problem #2
1) Connection Manager API establish the connection and connection handle is returned which is implemented on 'Connect' button. 2) The connection handle returned by the API to establish connection is the input for the API to check the connection status which we have implemented on the 'ConnStatus' button click.The status is returned successfully till the connection is there through Connection Manager API. If click on 'Disconnect' button and Connection is Released then on click of 'ConnStatus' returns E_Fail. but actual device connection is still there. Why this...

windows forms controls
Does a control similar to the the asp.net repeater or datalist exist for winforms? One where I can have a group of controls repeat like in the asp.net repeater. DataGridView doesn't appear to do that. Ralph wrote: > Does a control similar to the the asp.net repeater or datalist exist > for winforms? > One where I can have a group of controls repeat like in the asp.net > repeater. > DataGridView doesn't appear to do that. I don't know much about the ASP.NET controls. But the Windows Forms namespace includes layout controls, such ...

window close on login
The CRM browser window closes automatically on logging in from some machines. Any ideas anyone? Thanks in advance. Turn off the 'Pop-up' blocker functionality on the browser, the default.aspx page redirects to the loader.aspx page using the window.open javascript that the blockers prohibit. "Ram" <ram@nospampleasethanks.com> wrote in message news:035301c37628$8b36ce20$3101280a@phx.gbl... > The CRM browser window closes automatically on logging in > from some machines. Any ideas anyone? Thanks in advance. damn!its the google pop-up blocker ..the default.aspx ...

Using the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility for Office installation
Windows XP Professional, ver 2002, (9.0.6926) SP2 NTFS Office 2000 Professional SP3 Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11 128 bit cipher strength I'm using Shenan Stanley's cleanup procedures, prepping for install of Windows XP SP3. Confirm answers regarding instructions for using the Windows Installer CleanupUtility to remove Office 2000, Office XP or Office 2003. (1) Right now, I'm running Office 2000 Professional SP3. I know Microsoft article 290301 says the Installer Cleanup Utility it is not going to remove the actual Office program; it is only going to remove ...

problem with printing import of word table
Running Vista Ultimate 64-bit; office pro 2007 suite: How do I get rid of the boxes when trying to publishing? I need to import a table created in word 2007. I can get the text box set for margins and size, but I cannot find the command to keep the boxes surrounding each row and column of the table from printing. I apologize in advance for seeming so ignorant, but this is the first time trying this kind of operation. Your help is totally appreciated in advance. Thanks Do you mean the borders? High-light the entire table, Lines, more lines, select the pre-set grid, expand the colo...

reinstalling Publisher 98 after beta 2003
I had beta 2003 on my computer. I purchased FrontPage 2003, and when I installed it, it wiped out every other Microsoft product - beta office 2003, office 2000, beta publisher 2003, publisher 98. I have had to reinstall all of my old programs. I have removed and reinstalled Publisher 98 4 times, and each time it says I have successfully reinstalled it, but when I try to run it, I get a message that says, "This program needs to be installed. Please run setup from the original location." How can I get this #%@# to work? Suzanne Maybe the installer? What version Windows? The s...

Problem receiving e-mail using Outlook XP SP 3 on Win XP SP2 Machi
I have many users having issues with not receiving new e-mail until they "tickle" their Outlook by switching views. Additionally they sometimes see items staying in their Outbox even though the item is in fact delivered to the recipient. I tried both of the following KB articles. One did not help, the other one using the regedt32.exe did not have a key for 9.0, only 10.0 and 8.0. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I've been troubleshooting this for 2 weeks now. Thanks, Anne Altman http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;304849 or http://support.mi...

Modifying the Assembly transaction entry window-X in corner
I would like to modify the window that pops open after you change anything on the Assembly Transaction entry window (Transaction>Inventory>Assembly Entry) This window is labelled: Microsoft Dynamics GP and the question is: Do you want to sasve changes or delete document number xxxxx (I would like to remove the delete button) How do I find this window in modifier? thanks -- Doug That is a dialog box, and it does not exist as a "window" that can be modified. To accomplish what you want you would need to modify the behavior of the Assembly Trx window to prevent ...

Lost scrolling in A97 code window
I changed my mouse and upgraded from IntelliMouse v4 to v5 or v6. Scrolling in general works fine in forms and forms design but not in the code window. I think I came across this problem before some years back and went back to v4 but don't really want to do that now. Any ideas as to what I can do? Many thanks. -- Les Desser (The Reply-to address IS valid) Install either VBScroll or Freewheel http://www.gasanov.net/VBScroll.asp http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/2060/freewheel.html -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault For Access Tips and Examples: http://www.cardaconsultants.c...

Windows+Tab in Vista doesn't work
Why when I windows+tab (I heard it called 3D Flip) in Vista, sometimes I see the contents of the Excel file, in that 3D view and sometimes not. That very much frustrates me, and I can't effectively switch among my Excel files... ...

Problems with CRM 3.0 install
I'm sure that I've just done something idiotic, but I'm throwing myself on the mercy of the group. I've installed CRM 3.0 Small Business on SBS2003 Standard server. The install seemed to go ok, but I'm having the following problems that I can't seem to resolve: 1) I can connect from my laptop to the crm server via IE using http:<url>:5555, but I cannot get the installed version of the CRM client to work on my laptop. I keep getting the error message that it cannot communicate with the crm server. 2) From the CRM Web interface I can send an email directly to a ...