After I install a software in windows xp , how many changes have h

After I install a software in windows xp , how many changes have happen in
registry?

Because I need to read the value of registry ,please tell me all the changes
in registry.

I appreciate your help.
--
jake
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

After you install "a piece of software" in Windows, some number of registry keys,
dependent entirely on whatever the person writing the installation decided should be
modified, have been modified.  In addition, once you run it, some other keys, defined by
the person who coded it, and based on whatever actions the user has taken, will be
changed.

Each piece of software is unique in what it modifies.  Read the documentation that comes
with the software, or ask the vendor's tech support.  Neither one will reveal the answer,
but at least you will have made the effort.
						joe

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 16:45:00 -0800, Jakein2006 <peng_xh@163.com> wrote:

>After I install a software in windows xp , how many changes have happen in
>registry?
>
>Because I need to read the value of registry ,please tell me all the changes
>in registry.
>
>I appreciate your help.
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)
12/19/2006 6:04:34 AM
The changes in registry made by installing a software will differ from
software to software you install.If you want to figure out registry
changes for one particular software, best way is to take the backup of
registry just before and after installing the software and compare
these two files.

Regards,
Uday Bidkar

"UB" <uday.bidkar@gmail.com> wrote in message
> The changes in registry made by installing a software will differ from
> software to software you install.If you want to figure out registry
> changes for one particular software, best way is to take the backup of
> registry just before and after installing the software and compare
> these two files.

To do this, use a program like InstallRite or InCtrl.

-- David

0
dc2983 (3206)

Here is fix for Windows file problems

punblisher and word prcoessing software
can publisher be used as word processing sofware? Not very successfully, it's a desktop publishing program. If you don't have the $, download and install OpenOffice. OpenOffice Writer is an excellent word processor — very similar to MS Word. "shelagh" <shelagh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:834CE68F-4492-466A-91DC-694F807C578C@microsoft.com... > can publisher be used as word processing sofware? It *could* but it's not the best tool for that job. Specifically what do you want to do? -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask...

Access 97 can't resize database window

Re-install Outlook 2002

Changing Prices in HQ.
Hi, I have this little issue. I want to change the put items on promotion using the price wizard using HQ. Unfortunately if I have stores who has differents prices for a same item the wizard do not make the proper change becuase it use the price already stored in the master table. Does anyone saw this issue before? Who was solved?. Thks in advance for your help. Rgds Rodrigo Hi there, The easiest way to look after this is to not change any data on the ITEM in HQ, but to simply do the worksheet for altering the sale price and then send it to the respective stores. Then in the works...

Why XP style not appeared?
I write a IE Band ( A DLL. )like googlebar. I set the RT_MANIFEST and rewrite the resource ID = 2. #define IDR_RT_MANIFEST1 2 Why XP style not appeared? but googlebar has. // this is my stdafx.h #ifndef WINVER // #define WINVER 0x0400 // #endif #ifndef _WIN32_WINNT // #define _WIN32_WINNT 0x0400 // #endif #ifndef _WIN32_WINDOWS // #define _WIN32_WINDOWS 0x0410 #endif #ifndef _WIN32_IE // #define _WIN32_IE 0x0501 // #endif build environment: VS2003 + XP SP2 + IE6 thanks ! ...

Outlook 2007 Install gone wrong

Saving toolbar changes

Excel 97 Win XP calc problem?

About Exit and close window.
Group, I have a dialogue base application. There's an Exit button in it. Eachtime when exit the program by clicking Exit button, fun() and OnOK() executed, but if the window is close by clicking (x) on the upper-right coner, fun() will not be executed. How to make this function--fun()--executed when click (x) button on the upper-right coner? Thanks. Rather than calling your fun() from the Exit event handler, call it from the dialog closing event handler, so that no matter how it is shut down, that method is called, and so is fun(). hope that helps. Dan. "sxy7711" <sxy771...

Office installation and Windows 7

Changing query execution sequence

Money-style software??
Hi all, Sometime agao I was surfing and found a health & nutrition product that has the same look-and-feel as Money2004. Alas, I didn't bookmark the site and forgot the address :( Anybody has any idea what I'm talking about?? Ivan Ivan Debono wrote: | Hi all, | | Sometime agao I was surfing and found a health & nutrition product | that has the same look-and-feel as Money2004. Alas, I didn't bookmark | the site and forgot the address :( | | Anybody has any idea what I'm talking about?? | | Ivan Maybe it was Fitday: www.fitday.com -- Peter Thank you!!! That ...

Automatic changes in cells

Install ActiveX on Windows XP / IE8
Hi, I created a non-admin installation package to take advantage of the new IE8 features to deploy my ActiveX control. It works perfectly on Windows Vista+ but not on Windows XP (the yellow bar is never displayed). Here is the content of my INF file: [version] signature="$CHICAGO$" AdvancedINF=2.0 [Add.Code] DbCtrlEx.ocx=DbCtrlEx.ocx [Deployment] InstallScope=user [DbCtrlEx.ocx] file-win32-x86=thiscab clsid={97012969-FEFB-4F8F-A03C-67F83D139E8F} RegisterServer=yes FileVersion=1,0,0,1 RedirectToHKCU=yes If I remove the Deployment section it works...