Advice on installing and using GDI+ for newbie

I'm not sure if this is off topic or not, if so please direct me to the
right newsgroup.  I have a control I need to use that has to have GDI+ on
the machine.  I've downloaded the SDK.  But can't seem any guides as to how
to actually set this up ready for use.
If anyone has any links or advice I'd be grateful.

I am using the following in my header (not sure if this is correct or not:
#include <gdiplus.h>
using namespace Gdiplus;

Thanks in advace

Wayne...

0
w.robson (11)
11/4/2004 11:49:42 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Wayne..." <w.robson@oneteldsl.net> wrote in message news:<418a16ce@212.67.96.135>...
> I'm not sure if this is off topic or not, if so please direct me to the
> right newsgroup.  I have a control I need to use that has to have GDI+ on
> the machine.  I've downloaded the SDK.  But can't seem any guides as to how
> to actually set this up ready for use.
> If anyone has any links or advice I'd be grateful.
>
> I am using the following in my header (not sure if this is correct or not:
> #include <gdiplus.h>
> using namespace Gdiplus;
>
> Thanks in advace
>
> Wayne...

1. Include path to SDK include folder to project settings;
2. Add gdiplus.lib from SDK/Lib into your link section in project
settings;
3. Make sure you install gdiplus.dll as your program installs.
4. Note, that gdiplus will not work on Windows95.

The only suitable source of GDI+ info is the SDK documentation. But it
is far from being complete. So try amazon with GDI+ search word.
0
kochkarev (130)

Problem after SP2 Install
After installing SP2 for XP,sometimes outlook won`t connect to my pop3 mail server.After I restart the computer it is fine for one connection then it won`t connect again unless I reboot.Can someone please help.Thanks in advance. Rich ...

Are you using Budget feature?
Hello guys, are you using Budget un Money? what for? what would you like changed/improved in it? thanks, Vadim Rapp Not much. It's too broken and limited by insistence that scheduled items must be in budget. Most of its problems stem from trying to make that work well. I'd use it more for comparing actuals to budget and doing variance analysis. If all Advanced budget allowed me to do was set category budgets by arbitrary time period as average values or discrete values and then support all the variance reporting, I'd be happy as a clam. I don't need Budget Groups--...

won't install
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel My system tells me it can't find the installed programs and it won't update. Where is the program usually installed as a default on the mac. Don't understand why and the support doesn't help at all. Hi Michael, do any of the scenarios mentioned on this page apply to your situation? <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/troubleshoot/install_08.html> On 28/07/09 4:46, in article 59b790ba.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "MichaelWest@officeformac.com" <MichaelWest@officeformac.com> wrote: >...

using macro to save a file produces runtime error 4198
I upgraded from Win-XP/Office 2003 to Win-7/Office 2007; the code below ran fine in Word 2003 but in Word 2007 generates runtime error 4198. The variables and directory location are valid. The parameters for FileName are updated for Word 2007; the grammer for the FileName appears correct (no grammer errors when macro runs as is, but grammer errors if I change the string.) When I substitute an actual file name in place of the variables, the code runs w/o error, but the Debug.Print statements generate correct strings. I feel kind of dumb- but what is different about use of variab...

creating opportunity on custom web page using CRM API
Hi All, I have an aspx form that uses the CRM API to create an opportunity into the crm application from a website. I set the usual text fields. The default compulsory fields are Topic and Poential Customer. When I enter an existing Account name ie, 'John Smith' in the Potential Customer field and submit the form, it comes up with an error: SOAP Server Application Faulted 80040216An unexpected error occurred.Object Type was not provided on attribute 'customerid'D:\crm\Build\3297\src\platform\include\OMCommon\CrmPropertyBagUtil.inl457 Source: System.Web.Services I beleive th...

Problem using SaveAs method
Hi, I'm running a perl script which uses Win 32 OLE package for Excel operations. The script does some processing and populates a spreadsheet, after which it uses the 'SaveAs' method to save it as xls in the same folder in which the tool runs. This used to work fine until recently I upgraded from MS Office 2003 to MS Office 2007 version 12.0.6524.5003. Now, the script does not produce any xlsx file at all. I tried the same on another machine running Excel 2007 version 12.0.4518.1014, and surprisingly it generated the xlsx. Is this some known issue with this ver...

DateRange Lookup no exact match, can't use lesser
want to lookup up the date value entered in cells C15 through C22 Lookup table = $C $6 through $D $11 and return value in column 2 Problem - dates in C15 through C22 are date ranges. Formula must return the date in column D of the lookup table_array which corresponds to the date in cells $C$6 through $C$11 that is >=C15 and <= C 15 So if table looks like this c6 = 1/1/2010 d6 = 1/12/2010 c7 = 1/15/2010 d7 = 1/29/2010 c8 = 1/31/2010 d8 = 2/13/2010 c9 = 2/15/2010 d9 = 2/26/2010 c10 = 2/28/2010 d10 = 3/13/2010 c11 = 3/15/201...

How to make a 'automatic mail rule installer'
Hi, I wrote a mail rule and want to distribute it to my friends. but I think it will be nicer if the mail rule can be installed with just one click. How can I make it? If 'visual script' is an answer, which object shoud I create? Or Where can I find the reference or sample? I'll be very appreciate if you give me just a hint. More explanation on my question. Maybe the expression 'wrote' in "I wrote a mail rule" is distracting. 'mail rule' means the rule which can be made through the menu 'tools' , which is usually used for filtering, forwar...

problem using pst files with Exchange 2003 Standard
Hi, I am having problem using old Pst files when installing new Exchage 2003 Server. Every one in my organization worked in POP3 with pst files , (Outlook 2000/XP) without any difficults. Now, After I have installed Exchange 2003 Standard Edition, and I moved their old emails trough the pst files into the new Exchange Mailbox, I am having Problem reading those mails. I have moved them using the Outlook Drug and Drop feature or even Import/Export Sometimes. Now, those emails are there, but I just can`t use them. They are become unavailable (Gray Color). Please, help find a solution for th...

Highlighting text using conditional formatting
Hi All I'm trying to highlight certain text in a list - namely all text that end with river, stream or creek. I've been trying to use conditional formatting but for some reason I can't seem to get it to go (I would have thought * wildcard would have done the trick but no such luck). Ideally you would have a different colour for rivers, creeks and streams. The list is like this Grey River Brash Creek Fred Stream Hell Stream Roger River Turd Creek and so on (about 3000 entries) Any ideas about how you can do this? Feedback appreciated. Thanks Mike Try this... Select the text ...

Field values used to filter a report
I have a report that is based upon a query that filters the data in a variety of ways. The net result is a listing of Zip Codes that I ultimately use as a part of the data for a report. The contents of this report is limited to the Zip Codes from the query. (Not a true filter) I need to be able to print this list of zip codes in a comma seperated list in the report header. I am sure this can be easily accomplished but for the life of me I cannot figure this out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. There are 2 parts to your question: a) How to provide an interface ...

Installing Compact .Net 3.5
Hello, I have WinCE 6.0 R2, and am currently installing C.Net 2.0. How do I get platform builder to include Compact .Net 3.5? I don't see any Catalog entries for 3.5, just for 2.0. Thanks! --- Jeremy On 4 Mar, 20:38, "jking" <jking...@comcast.net> wrote: > Hello, > > I have WinCE 6.0 R2, and am currently installing C.Net 2.0. How do I get > platform builder to include Compact .Net 3.5? I don't see any Catalog > entries for 3.5, just for 2.0. > > Thanks! > --- > Jeremy I'm working on WinCE 6.0 R3 and I find both ...

Outlook and Offline Folders using IMAP #2
I'm running Outlook 2007. It seams to support the IMAP protocol reasonably well. However, I can't figure out how to move messages between folders when I'm offline (it gives an error message saying I can't, see below). This same operation works fine in MS Windows Mail (the equivalent of Outlook Express that ships with Windows Vista) and Mozilla Thunderbird. It's clearly not a limitation of IMAP. I can download messages and read and delete them when I'm offline. I just can't move them between folders unless I'm online. Since Outlook synchronizes any change...

when re-running installer to install omitted program (Entourage) does complete re-install, then fails
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Hi Everyone. I installed Word and PowerPoint a few weeks ago, and I want to now install Entourage. So I re-ran the installer ("/Volumes/Microsoft Office 2008/Office Installer.mpkg"). It didn't give me any options for selecting Entourage. Instead it just kicked off an installed *everything*, including Word and PowerPoint. Crap. This is very upsetting as I DON'T want messenger, excel, etc. Adding insult to injury, the program asked if I wanted to install the update ("Install Microsoft Office 2008 fo...

Setting the Startup Options for an Access 2007 database using VBA
Afternoon everyone, I'm trying to use the information from an MSDN page of roughly the same title (Setting Startup Options Programmatically in Access 2000, http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa140020(office.10).aspx) to setup the startup options of my database. Firstly, I don't know whether this option should be placed in a module or event (like Form_Load). Secondly, I'm not too sure that I have the code correctly written down: Private Sub Form_Load() Dim dbs As CurrentProject Set dbs = Application.CurrentProject dbs.Properties....

Use the same cell from many worksheets to create a chart?
I have a new worksheet for each day, labeled with the date. I want to pull data from the same cell (like "P-3") in each worksheet and put it into a chart. Example: On ten worksheets, pull the data from cell P-3 (arbitrarily called "income"). Then, put that P-3 data into a chart that tracks daily income: the date itself (taken from the worksheet name) plus the data. Any idea how to do this? You need to create a summary region on a worksheet, and use this as the data source for your chart. See this page for more details: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/Char...

Auto Accept Agent Install
Does installation of the Auto Accept Agent require a reboot? Exchange 2003 SP2 Active/Passive Cluster Thank you No, but I would check the documentation to make sure that it is supported in a cluster. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "ArkAdmin" <ArkAdmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92B6BA8F-A8F4-410F-BE7C-C23F67027D19@microsoft.com... > Does installation of the Auto Accept Agent require a reboot? > > Exchange 2003 SP2 > Active/Passive Cluster &...

Changing database used with ODBC link
I have a excel spreadsheet containing many (we're talking thousand here!) of cells which look-up information via an ODBC link to our SQ Server database. This database has recently changed, so I need to mak every one of these queries point to a new database in the system Unfortunately the name of the database appears to be hardcoded in t each query. I have tried in vain to do a search and replace in a tex editor on the spreadsheet, but as I feared once I have done this th spreadsheet no longer opens. Is there any way to globally update the queries used? I don't fanc manually updating e...

how to use captions -> Cross-reference
I'm interested in word 2007's ability to maintain cross references such as 'on figure 7 we can see that' so that if I added another figure it would automatically update to figure 8 etc. I've tried to use word 2007 help but it's patchy and minimal, I don't understand where the normal help files are. For example if I search for captions the first hit is the 'add or delete captions' page, but on that page there's no mention of cross-references or how to use them. I also can't find an index of help items like there is in visual studio or ...

How can I use fscommand() to send message to outer ocx control?
Hello I have wrote a ocx control which with a dialog in it using mfc. I place a SHOCKWAVEFLASH object in this dialog and handle the FSCOMMAND event such as: ---------------------------------- void MainDialog::OnFSCommandShockwaveflash1(LPCTSTR command, LPCTSTR args) { AfxMessageBox(_T("fdfd"),MB_OK); } ---------------------------------- I place this ocx control in my html page. But when flash call fscommand() the event handler cannot receive any events. This html page code follows at: ------------------------------------- <object name="flashObj" id="flashObj&qu...

Using cost basis for net worth report
I would like my "Net Worth" report to show my investments on a cost basis (i.e. at the price I bought them), not as their current price. Is there any way I can do that? No. "Kevin Dorrell" <Kevin Dorrell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79127E17-14EF-403D-833A-E0D672C8D929@microsoft.com... >I would like my "Net Worth" report to show my investments on a cost basis > (i.e. at the price I bought them), not as their current price. Is there > any > way I can do that? Oh. That's not very good, is it! Thanks for the rep...

Popups used more than once
Is it a good idea to use the same popup in more than one place or should you make a copy of it. I have a customers popup that I need to call on more than one form. Is there any possibilty of a conflict. if more than one user is using the database if they call the same popup at the same time? Robert Robert, Probably won't be a problem. However, if you have miultiple users, the very strongly recommended approach is for each user to have his own separate copy of a front-end application file, linking to the core data tables in a shared backend file. That way, "call the sa...

I bought a new PC. Can I use my old PC Product key to activate?
My new PC comes with 6 month trial Office 2007. Can I simple activate my licence from the old PC by inputting my PRoduct key during activation? How did you come by the software on the old PC? If it is an OEM version that came installed on the PC, then it is only licenced to be used on that particular PC. If it was a boxed version that you purchased, you can un-install it from that PC and then install it on the new one. Probably best to remove the trial version first. -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to o...

Outlook locking up on laptops after CRM installation
I have installed 3.0 on several users laptops as well as desktops. Some of the laptop users are having issues with Outlook locking up, and they are having to reboot. Is there any one else having this issue, and know of a fix? On Mar 20, 1:38 am, Onetreeup <Onetre...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have installed 3.0 on several users laptops as well as desktops. Some of > the laptop users are having issues with Outlook locking up, and they are > having to reboot. Is there any one else having this issue, and know of a fix? Please clarify: are you saying you installed CRM...

Install
I have Outlook 2002 on my computer, I think it was in an update from Windows. Each time I open it, the program installer trys to install "something". Asks me for the Outlook 2002 disk (don't have one). I have Office 2000. It seems to be looking for "outret.msi". I can't find that file. It then closes, backs out of the install and gives me Error 1706. Then the program opens in the "safe mode". How do I get the program to stop this installation process each time I open it? ...