Adding variables to control elements...HOW???

HI,

I made MFC Application whitl user interface. There are somo combo boxes,
check boxes,
command buttons. I want to add variables to this ellements? but when I
pressing right mouse button on
some element (for example, command button) the item Add Variable is not
accessible. What should I do???

Thanks in advance!

Timur.

0
tim_ (2)
2/16/2004 6:44:58 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I presume, you have created a dailog based application, and placed some
controls on it.
To add members corresponding to the controls, you placed,
1. Goto Class wizard ( Ctl +W )
2. It will prompt you to create a new dialog class for the dialog resource
you created. So create a new class for the dialog.
3. Select the "Member Variables" Tab. There you can see the IDs of all the
controls that you placed in the dialog.
4. Select the ID, and click "Add Variable" button, A dialog will popup where
you can select the type of the variuable you need to create ( Whether you
want to create a  variable for the control or for the text in the control. )

5. Give the variable name
and thats it.

Cheers
Jagadeesh

"�����" <tim_@pochtamt.ru> wrote in message
> HI,
>
> I made MFC Application whitl user interface. There are somo combo boxes,
> check boxes,
> command buttons. I want to add variables to this ellements? but when I
> pressing right mouse button on
> some element (for example, command button) the item Add Variable is not
> accessible. What should I do???
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Timur.

0
jagadeeshvn (256)
2/16/2004 6:56:50 PM
Yes, those are the steps, but the 'Add Variable' button is greyed out.  How do you make it active?
0
cwire (1)

Enter Key Jump controls
Hello. I have a Dialog and several Edit Box. when i press control Key my program stops. I'd like to press enter key and jump to the next edit box or another control. Any help?? >when i press control Key my program stops I am not sure why this is happening? You could add PreTranslateMessage(MSG* pMsg) to the Dialog Then change the keys, or move to some other control, or do whatever you want to do. I'm not sure if you have to do this to each control, or just the dialog in general. From experience, I would not change the default behavior, such as tab moves to the next control Whe...

Copy a currency value from one control to another
I have a text box (called ExtendedCost), that has a sum statement in it. I want to copy the value on the exit control event to another text box control (called WithdrawlAmount) on the same form and write the value into WithdrawlAmount box on the Enter Event for the control box, so people don't have to input the same number into the control box. Is there an easy way to do this? If it's the same calculated value, just use the same expression. Generally, don't store calculated values. Just perform the calculation as needed. If you need more help with this, describ...

Vlookup with variable column reference
Help! I am trying to link two workbooks with a vlookup that searches for the last populated columns' entry in a range (see example below). 27/03 28/03 29/03 30/03 31/03 Data 6 4 Is there a way of doing this in a function? In a macro I would use the Range().End(xltoleft) code but I cannot figure out how to do something similar in a worksheet function. I basically want the lookup column to start at day 31 and make its way backwards until it finds a value. Another issue is that the seemingly blank cells contain formula - ie. not empty. Any ideas? Thanks!! Jen 1 ...

Adding to an imported table
I am a beginning Access user. When I order items, I am able to import the order information (info about each specific ordered item) into an Access database. I have figured out that I can add information from subsequent orders to the same big table (and could use a query to ID stuff from specific orders if necessary). I want to mark items received or not received. If I do this in the table, I mess up the column names and importing the order information doesn't work (at least, it doesn't work with my limited knowledge). I have tried to create a form where I add in a checkbox, but I ...

Added a email account to outlook, says inbox is empty????
I have 2 hotmail accounts, I added them both to outlook, but only one is showing any messages, the other says it's empty, but I know it's not. Passwords, spelling etc are correct. Any ideas Nope! You have provided absolutely zero information upon which to form an idea. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, hregan asked: | I have 2 hotmail accounts, I added them both to outlook, but only one | is showing any ...

How to transparent editbox control works correctly...
Hi i am working on an application where i have dialog based application. On dialog there is a picture control which displays a picture. Now i want to put an edit box. Text box string is current time which i am getting from OnTimer handler. i want that editbox control should be transparent except text in it. for this i have work with following code and get succeed in OnCtlHandler of dialog if(pWnd->GetDlgCtrlID() == IDC_EDT_Isha) { pDC->SetBkMode(TRANSPARENT); hbr = (HBRUSH)GetStockObject(NULL_BRUSH); } it makes the backgound tranparent but when the value of the edit box change...

Direct Debit posted control
Currently GP will assume once a customer is marked with bank account details the system will assume all invoices are taken by DD and the only time this can be amended is prior to posting to the ledger. The ability to amend a posted invoice to either be DD payment or remove the DD payment until the invoice is fully paid would be useful ...

Adding sheets #2
HI, I have a file I got from a friend which has 2 worksheets in it. I want to add a sheet or make a copy of one of the sheets, but all those options are disabled. Is there a way I can undo whatever has been done on this file to add a sheet? Thanks Ramesh Ramesh, Check that the workbook isn't protected. You don't want it protected. Tools - Protection - Unprotect Workbook. If you see Protect Workbook, it's not protected. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "Ramesh" <ramborums@@yahoodotcom> wrote in message news:ubVcPxmjFHA.3348@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl......

blinking tabs in an owner drawn tab control
Hi all, I need to blink tab or atleast tab text in an owner drawn CTabCtrl derived Tabcontrol. Please guide me how to do it. Regards Shoeb Implement WM_TIMER (SetTimer/OnTimer...). In OnTimer message handler change something conserning what you want to blink (text- or bk-color or some font parameters or something else what makes sense for you) Victor "shoeb" wrote: > Hi all, > I need to blink tab or atleast tab text in an owner drawn > CTabCtrl derived Tabcontrol. Please guide me how to do it. > > Regards > Shoeb > &g...

Adding custom fields to dynamically created controls.
I created a custom Outlook (2003) form that imports data from Access to populate user defined fields and create additional controls based on the number of records in an Access query. Everything works fine except the data the user enters for the dynamically created controls don't hold their value when the form is sent. I am quessing that is because there is no user defined fields bound to them. (how do I do this) I have been looking on the net but cannot find anything close enough. Any help (examples) would be appreciated. Look at http://www.outlookcode.com/d/formcontrols.htm, lots of inf...

Refering to control property on a form in VB
Hi I am trying to simply my code in a application by using a sub routine to amend the control properties of a form but I can't seem to get basic to accept the control property being sent to the routine as a string The code I am using is : Private Sub lSubControlPropertySet(stForm As String, stControl As String, stProperty As string, varValue As Variant) If IsNull(varValue) = True Then Forms(stForm)(stControl)(stProperty) = "" Else Forms(stForm)(stControl)(stProperty) = var...

Changing/adding supplier quickly?
How can I add supplier information quickly to all items selected in a filter? I cannot create PO's because I don't have suppliers set for all of my thousands of items and I wonder if there is a quick way to add in a supplier for my items without having to go through every individual item and having to click on each one and then on supplier tab to make changes. That would take days... I am sure there is a faster way but I did not see anything like that in a wizard. Any advice? You can use a tool like EMS SQL Import Tool ($65) to the Items ID, Supplier ID, Supplier Cost, MPQ ...

How to control graph area
Still running stone age version of excel (97). Att least in this version it is very difficult to control the size of the diagram area when you cetreate a graph with the diagram tool. This problem is dual. On the one hand there is no entry/input (that I can find) to specify an EXACT diagram area (in pixels, cm etc. On the other hand if you use the drawing to to create the exact borders of the desired area and then adjust the diagram (the coordinate system) acrodingly - the d' thing won't remain stable. Now is ther anyone out there how knows what to do. A hidden surface entry for...

How to add Upper/lower control limit lines to a graph (not drawn)
I have several quality charts that I do monthly. How can I get the the upper, lower and center lines to appear at a specific data point (number) as part of hte chart format. In other words, withiout having to use the Draw Line tool each time? Excel 2003. Fake it. In other words, seutp some "dummy" series that are calculated, and plot them on your chart. Format them to look however you like, and remove the original chart gridlines. If you have a legend, single-click twice the legend entry for your dummy series and press delete. If done correctly, the entry will not...

Looking for control to browse files
Hi, I am pretty new to and unexperienced with access (2007 is the one I amworking with) I have made a database (of 1 table) to record registered mail and such. I have added a hyperlink field which contains the link to a specific transmittal document showing the contents of the mail item. I have added it to the form and it works fine. If I click on the link it opens the (Word) transmittal file). So far so good. What I want is a control that lets me browse for the transmittal file, something like a simple Open dialog Can someone point me to the right documentation, please ...

Set control AfterUpdate event to procedure in another module
Hi, i know i can set a controls AfterUpdate event to a user defined procedure if it is in the same module as the code, however is it possible to set it to a procedure in a different module? i.e. By setting in the OnFormLoad() event: cbo.AfterUpdate = "=Module1.Translate()" I cant get it to work, it just says "the expression you entered has a function name that microsoft office access cannot find". The Translate procedure is public. Any thoughts much appreciated. Thanks in advance, Chris If Module1 is a standard module (not a class module, and not the module of a form...

Statistical Process Control chart
Has anyone drawn SPC Chart in Microsoft Excel? Hi, Maybe have a look here http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/statscharts.html http://www.processtrends.com/pg_charts_control_chart.htm Cheers Andy Tang Leep Boon wrote: > Has anyone drawn SPC Chart in Microsoft Excel? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Bug: (MFC 7.1) Paste into CRichEditView copied from other RichEdit control
Recently, I was helping someone figure out a problem in an MFC application recently upgraded to VC 7.1 (MFC 7.1) from VC 6.0 (MFC 6.0). While running on Windows XP, if you copied text from another CRichEditCtrl, CRichEditView, or another application using RichEdit like WordPad or Word, pasting what you've copied into a CRichEditView would paste nothing. When googling to try to find clues, most of the time there was either no response to the question, or the work around was to change the "copy" end that you controlled, and only put CF_TEXT on the clipboard. However, it ...

variable column names in a report
i have an application where the user can enter self selected column names which then in turn are added to a table... application works fine. however, when it comes to reporting, how do i go about adding those self entered columns in a report? any help would be appreciated Do you actually need this in a report or can the results be pushed to Excel for printing? -- Duane Hookom MS Access MVP Help me support UCP http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Default.htm "k2sarah" <k2sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C56B6FD1-2F5B-45D5-8760-A61E3CA41495@microsoft.c...

Adding Zip to Sales | Accounts screen
Hi. Is it possible to add Zip to the other items in the Sales | Accounts view? Currently it reads left to right, Account Name, Primary Contact, Main Phone, and City. We want to add Zip. I guess you have to dive nto the SDK. Is it possible there? I can see looking at 3rd party apps that you could add another menu tab/category on the left under Invoices. I guess it could read Accounts2 or something...but we'd rather modify the existing accounts view. Anyone know how to do this or if it can be done? Thanks for any info. Sincerely, Nathan M Keller Belay that. Figured it out. Home ...

Adding My Profit Margins to Supplyer's Pricelist.xls
How can I format an entire column to add a fixed percentage to the number in each row and display the anwer in the same row, next column? Please help, Bob Let's say the supplier's price is in column A and you want the values in columnB to reflect a &% markup over supplier price. In cell B1 enter the formula: =A1*1.07 and copy down. The marked up prices will be in column B -- Gary''s Student "BobSpurlock" wrote: > How can I format an entire column to add a fixed percentage to the number in > each row and display the anwer in the same row, next col...

Adding a drop down ascending/descending menu in a cell #2
How can I add a drop down menu into a cell with options of ascending and descending? -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-excel/200512/1 ...

2006 Isn't Adding Payee Name Variations
I like using the Payee Name Variation in MS Money. It was working exactly liked I wanted it to in MS Money 2005. Now that I have Money 2006, it isn't working at all and I THINK I have the same options checked in Online Settings. In 2005, I would get a downloaded payee like ALLSTATE INS CO INS PREM. I would change it to Allstate Insurance (before accepting)and the downloaded name would automatically pop into the Payee Name Variation box when I acceped the transaction. In 2006, if I change the downloaded payee before accepting, nothing is added to the Payee Name Variation box. I am having ...

automatically adding data to list
I can't seem to find any reference to this so maybe someone can point me in the right direction. I have a spreadsheet I have produced and would like to have the facility so that if I enter a figure in one cell, then the value is automatically appended to the bottom of another list. ie. New data added to cell 1A automatically is copied to the first blank cell in the column 2B or 3B or 4B etc. This could work backwards for me too if it is easier ie. Data entered at the bottom of a list (2B...3B....4B....etc) overwrites the remote copy (1A) of the value in the cell above. Is this somethin...

Clearing variables
Hello, In my current project I have two variables that I initially set: MaxPages = Selection.Information(wdNumberOfPagesInDocument) CurPage = Selection.Information(wdActiveEndPageNumber) These are sent inside a Do Until loop that quits when CurPage = MaxPages. The first time I ran the macro it ran smoothly just like it was supposed to. The next time I ran the macro. Nothing happened. It occurred to me that maybe CurPage and MaxPages were still set and since they are equal the macro quits. This same behavior happened even after I got out of Word (2007) and back in again...