Adding Property pages from Dll?

Hi,

I want to create an app that allows the user to add property pages to my
  dialog box.
I will off course have a basic property sheet but how can I add a page
via a dll?

Would COM be what I need? I recall something like that on codeproject
but I cannot find it.

Any hint? Many thanks

Simon.
0
siminfrance (103)
2/1/2005 1:00:01 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I had this same requirement. I have a control panel applet that has a set of
property pages. The applet will also look for components with certain
extensions, LoadLibrary the module, and make a call into that dll via
GetProcAddress mechanisms. One of the things returned is a pointer to a
CPropertySheet based object. I then add this to the CPropertySheet object
within the control panel applet. The only way I could properly get this to
work was to make the components an MFC Extension dll.

"Simon" <siminfrance@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I want to create an app that allows the user to add property pages to my
> dialog box.
> I will off course have a basic property sheet but how can I add a page via
> a dll?
>
> Would COM be what I need? I recall something like that on codeproject but
> I cannot find it.
>
> Any hint? Many thanks
>
> Simon.

0
david1918 (16)
2/1/2005 10:43:53 PM
I haven't done that yet but plan to. My approach was going to be for a dll
to expose a set of predefined API's starting with  EG
GetExportedDialogsCount() int;
then have a factory function in the dll that will make a modeless child
dialog on a property page with the appropriate WS styles.
API's would be needed to get the default page captions etc.

"Simon" <siminfrance@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I want to create an app that allows the user to add property pages to my
> dialog box.
> I will off course have a basic property sheet but how can I add a page via
> a dll?
>
> Would COM be what I need? I recall something like that on codeproject but
> I cannot find it.
>
> Any hint? Many thanks
>
> Simon.

0
me8291 (67)

Corrupted display page for tax estimator (Money 2003)
When I go to the Tax Estimator page in Money 2003 and hit next, my machine momentarily hangs and then the page that is displayed is corrupted. The text on the personal information page overwrites itself and is unusable. If I go back and then forward (or switch to something else and come back), the display is then fine. Anyone else have this problem? I am using Windows XP Professional and all updates. Jeff Yes. M02 also,. Haven't tested on M04 yet. "Jeff Durham" <root@localhost> wrote in message news:e$S6q7dVDHA.2104@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... .... > Anyone else hav...

Page Numbers #2
I'm totally new to Excel but having to use it for some coursework, I have all the info in the one file, 6 sheets numbered 1-6 but when I print them thay all say Page1, how can i merge them into one document so that when I print them they are numbered 1 to 6... Cheers Steve. Hi Steve, Group the worksheets, then print. Be sure to ungroup the worksheets afterwards as any change made to the visible worksheet will be made to the others (severe damage may occur). To Group the worksheets, select worksheet, hold ctrl and select another. You can use the shift key for range. To group all...

data access pages...
Hi, I created a database in Access 2000 now my problem is on how can i publish/upload my data access pages over the internet that should be linked to my database server. What do i need to do in order to get the data from the data access pages/forms? Thanks in advance. Hi Tonio, My name is Amy Vargo. Thank you for using the Microsoft Access Newsgroups. You can deploy data access pages to your intranet or to the internet. You will need to follow the steps in the articles below and follow the steps for the appropriate deployment scenario for your data access pages. For deploying...

Hyperlink within page
I am trying to create a web page using publisher. On one of my pages I have a list. I want to be able to hyperlink from the name on the top to a description further down in the page. I cannot figure out how to hyperlink within a page I cover this on my site, www.davidbartosik.com Refer to the article listing for your version. In the future visit our web group at microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign -- David Bartosik - Microsoft MVP Visit www.davidbartosik.com for Publisher and Web Design Tips and How-to's. "Kelly" <FajardoK@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:136...

Adding video to a spreadsheet
Ive been having trouble inserting an avi clip into one of my test spreadsheets i have no problem actually inserting it using< Insert-object-media clip then insert the clip and saving, plays on my computer no prob but when i email it the file is large so i figure its there, the other person cannot open the file when they click the picture present they get a menu as to what clip do you want to play and broswe to find it and help would be appreciated. -- Working ...

Multi-threading question regarding MFC in a DLL..
Pardon for the stupid noobish question: WinXP Pro, VS .Net 2003 I have a client application which uses MFC (MFC dynamically linked) I have a DLL which uses MFC (regular DLL, MFC dynamically linked) The app calls ::LoadLibrary to load in the DLL, the DLL (when it initializes) creates a thread for performing calculations. The app then uses ::GetProcAddress to explicitly link to the exported DLL functions. Each exported DLL function's first line of code is: AFX_MANAGE_STATE( AfxGetStaticModuleState() ); As a test, I do something I know is bad, I have a string that is accessed (for r...

Adding lists to tabs
I have a floating/dockable window derived from CControlBar and I have declared a "CTabCtrl m_tabCtrl;" in the header for my class. In the OnCreate method of the class I have created the tab control and assigned it an imagelist. I can create tabs with whatever names and icons I need, but I need help adding a CListCtrl. I have declared a list control in the class and can create it with a fixed size, but I need it to use up the entire client area of the dynamically sized and docked/floating tabbed window, but I don't know how to attach the list control to the window / tab. Ea...

Page visible when check box marked
Hello, I would like to page on the form with is fileds be visable when checkbox on the formis marked. How to code the check box? regards, -- Krzysiek If I understand your question correctly, you want certain fields on your form to be visible when a checkbox is checked. Try this code in the form's On Load event: If Me.CHECKBOX = True Then Me.FIELD1.Visible = True Me.FIELD2.Visible = True Else Me.FIELD1.Visible = False Me.FIELD2.Visible = False End If You will need to change CHECKBOX to the name...

Print pages in collated order
I have a program that I am putting together...it allows a user to use a ToggleButton to print out a variable number of pages depending on how many products have been chosen. The problem is when the pages print, they come out by individual product, not collated sets (e.g., if I want to print six copies of each product it will print out six copies of product number one, six of number two and so on). I want to be able to print them in order (e.g., one of product one, one of product two, etc…so that eventually six full sets are printed out). Here are the string of commands that I have so far...i...

To see document page number at bottom of monitor screen
The document page number has usually been given at the bottom of my monitor screen on a toolbar. I lost it. How can I recover it? If you are using Word 2007, right-click the status bar. On the context menu, click to select the items that you want to show. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Alfredo" <Alfredo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ABF499F0-3CB9-4FC6-B8EE-5C1179DDD3F4@microsoft.com... > The document page number has usually been given at the bottom of my > monitor > screen on a toolbar. I lost it. How can I recover ...

Links pull wrong line when rows are added
I have several large spreadsheets that have some linked formulas between them. Sometimes, if a row gets added on one spreadsheet, the other spreadsheet with a linking formula now pulls from one line above where it should (it's not recognizing that a row was added). Do I ALWAYS need to open all the linked files when working with them? I click to update when I open the file. I'm working in Excel 2002. Please help! - I'm sick of re-doing my linked formulas. Thanks. You can use INDIRECT in a formula linking to another cell =INDIRECT("A1") will always link to A1...

converting web page files from publisher 2007 to word 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) One of the reasons I got office 2008 for my new Mac was to retrieve my web files. well ta da, no ms publisher with office 2008. what do i do except start all over again. for sure not with office this time. With your new Mac, buy VMWare Fusion, install Windows 7, install your old Office for Windows and get on with it using Microsoft Publisher from there. --rms www.rmschneider.com plee@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) One of the > reasons I got of...

Can't delete mail, by pages
It wont accept shift>enter to highlight a whole page, then delete it? It comes back with some unknown error, and close OL, etc., which never works. It is stuck, and wont let me delete even single emails. ...

AD Backup
What is the difference between Critical Backup & System State backup in Windows Server 2008 and which one is recommended and what are the restoration differences using these two types of backups? ...

ntdll.dll failure after vba Int (random num)
I am getting a system freeze on a specific terminal - the freeze is the result of an ntdll.dll failure but I don't have a clue what's doing this and why this dll would fail. I have tried to come up with the simplest test I could so I have send key Setocus to a button (with no OnClick event) then send key {ENTER} after a random amount of time (well sort of random) between 25 min and (approx 41 mins. I don't think the send keys will cause anything to fail - ?? Me.testbutton.SetFocus Dim RandomNumber As Integer 'txtRandomNumber is an unbound box' me.txtRa...

Please HELP
Frusting item on my Outlook 2000, Outlook keeps failing on my after I open it. I am getting a window when I select Outlook 2000 which says [u]"This Application has failed to start because [b]PSKALLOC.DLL[/b] was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem"[/u]. So I uninstalled and re-installed Outlook 2000 from the original CD, then updated all of the security fixes and patches and it still gives me that error. Can anyone help me with this ?? :oops: Thanks, Jon jontempleSPAM@adelphia.net Just remove SPAM to reach me directly. ...

Word and different page layout
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a word document where I have different page layout, both portrait and landscape. In the part of the document where I need to do landscape I have paste a drawing from a PDF File. Everything looks fine on the screen, but if I try to print it out nothing appears on the landscape paper. If I use print preview under File menu it looks right. <br> Another question is if it is possible to have another Header layout on the landscape papers? For your first question, make sure you have the latest driver f...

Publisher 2002: How to start with different page number than 1?
In Publisher 2002 I need to start Part II (in a different Publisher file) with page 23. How do I do that? Also having trouble connecting text frames if I have to go in and insert pages and text. stonehearth <stonehearth@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > In Publisher 2002 I need to start Part II (in a different Publisher > file) with page 23. How do I do that? Insert > Section. > Also having trouble connecting text frames if I have to go in and > insert pages and text. In what way? Reconnecting text flow through (instead of around) an i...

managed code and dll
I have a dll with managed code and just one managed class. The other classes use gcroot<> for the managed stuff. I've got it all working but for one member function during linking. public ref class DataSet { size_t size; array< double >^ data; public: DataSet( ) :size( 30 ) { data= gcnew array< double >( size ); } void InputTabbedData( LPCTSTR pzIn ); operator array< double >^ ( ) { return data; } array< double >^ get( ) { return data; } }; ~~~ error LNK2020: unresolved token (0600000C) DataSet::InputTabbedData... I...

Page Settings
Is there any way to copy page settings ie. Margins, landscape, headers from one sheet to the other without having to go in and individually change settings? I am using Excel 2003. Thanks! Hi if your 'master' sheet is the first sheet try the following: - select yiur 'master' sheet and the other sheets by grouping them (hold down the CTRL key while selecting them) - goto 'File - Pagesetuip' and simply click 'OK' Note: This copies ALL page settings -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Jane wrote: > Is there any way to copy page settings ie. Margins...

page total #2
hi members, is there any way in excel through which i could get page total particularly without using vba or macros.i have 950 pages in my data. -- b166er ------------------------------------------------------------------------ b166er's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34912 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=570333 Not without VBA. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 09:42:25 -0400, b166er <b166er.2cbtx3_1155217505.7618@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote: > >hi members, > >is there any...

Help...unable to debug DLL
I have an MFC project and a DLL project, both within the same Visual Studio 2005 solution. The MFC app uses classes exported from the DLL. When debugging the MFC app, I am unable to step into any code that is in the DLL. The debugger simple executes it as a single line of code. So basically, F11 does not work. I have done many such projects in the past and this has never happened before. I must be missing something small...what should I check? Thanks! VS.NET has so many bugs it is hard to tell if this is really a bug, or just a procedural error. In VS6, if the .pdb file were not acc...

MSVCP60.dll
One my customer got following error when running my app under Win2000: "The dinamic link library MSVCP60.dll could not be found in the specified path ... C:\Program Files\MyApp; C:\WINNT\system32;... " Why? "Miki Peric" <blah@ccc.com> wrote in message news:%23$NHM17QEHA.3012@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > > One my customer got following error when running my app under Win2000: > > "The dinamic link library MSVCP60.dll could not be found in the specified > path ... C:\Program Files\MyApp; C:\WINNT\system32;... " > > Why?...

Mail not leaving recently added second Exchange server
I have recently added a second mailbox server (Exch 2003) to our organization. It is in the same Admin group as the first. Users on the new server are able to receive messages from users on the old server and from external, but they can not send. Messages get held in the SMTP queues on the new server. The old server is the bridgehead. cannot send where? to internet? to anyone on the old server? any connectors involved? what is the "scope" of the bridgehead server? are there ever any NDRs? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "hirshy" <hirshy@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Manually archive Outlook Journal items: wdkcalex.dll can't be loaded/installed
I created a PST file "Personal Folder2006-2009" so that I can drag into it old mail, calendar items, and journal items. Within that PST file, I created three folders (one for each of the three classes of items). When I dragged the mail and calendar items into that PST file, I had no problem. When I dragged my journal items into that file, I got the error message "The add-in "C:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\SapGui\wdkcalex.dll" could not be installed or loaded. The problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help menu." [ OK ] I had to...