Add new image (bitmaps)

Hi,

After creating sample application via the App Wizards(exe) -> Single
Document,

I imported new bitmaps.
now how can I add new bitmaps image to be place in the frame center
area ?

Thanks.

Kenji
0
aloha826 (28)
11/28/2008 6:29:48 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

In CMainFrame, I added WM_PAINT:

in MainFrm.cpp,

void CMainFrame::OnPaint()
{
	CPaintDC dc(this); // device context for painting

	// TODO: Add your message handler code here
	CBitmap Bmp1;
	CDC MemDC1;

	// Load the bitmap from the resource
	Bmp1.LoadBitmap(IDB_MYLOGO);
	// Create a memory device compatible with the above CPaintDC variable
	MemDC1.CreateCompatibleDC(&dc);
	// Select the new bitmap
	CBitmap *BmpPrevious =3D MemDC1.SelectObject(& Bmp1);

	// Copy the bits from the memory DC into the current dc
	dc.BitBlt(20, 10, 436, 364, & MemDC1, 0, 0, SRCCOPY);

	// Restore the old bitmap
	dc.SelectObject(BmpPrevious);
	// Do not call CView::OnPaint() for painting messages
}

but still not working. Please help. Thanks.

Regards,
Kenji

On Nov 29, 2:29=A0am, aloha...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After creating sample application via the App Wizards(exe) -> Single
> Document,
>
> I imported new bitmaps.
> now how can I add new bitmaps image to be place in the frame center
> area ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Kenji

0
aloha826 (28)
11/29/2008 4:38:40 PM
Define what you mean by "the frame center".  Since you have an SDI app, you would do the
drawing in the OnDraw handler of the view, which would probably overwrite anything done in
the frame, which is underneath the view anyway.  Create an OnDraw handler in the view and
move most of this code to it (note that you get a CDC* as the input parameter to OnDraw,
and it could be a printer DC or memory DC as well as a CPaintDC*)
						joe

On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 08:38:40 -0800 (PST), "aloha826@gmail.com" <aloha826@gmail.com> wrote:

>In CMainFrame, I added WM_PAINT:
>
>in MainFrm.cpp,
>
>void CMainFrame::OnPaint()
>{
>	CPaintDC dc(this); // device context for painting
>
>	// TODO: Add your message handler code here
>	CBitmap Bmp1;
>	CDC MemDC1;
>
>	// Load the bitmap from the resource
>	Bmp1.LoadBitmap(IDB_MYLOGO);
>	// Create a memory device compatible with the above CPaintDC variable
>	MemDC1.CreateCompatibleDC(&dc);
>	// Select the new bitmap
>	CBitmap *BmpPrevious = MemDC1.SelectObject(& Bmp1);
>
>	// Copy the bits from the memory DC into the current dc
>	dc.BitBlt(20, 10, 436, 364, & MemDC1, 0, 0, SRCCOPY);
>
>	// Restore the old bitmap
>	dc.SelectObject(BmpPrevious);
>	// Do not call CView::OnPaint() for painting messages
>}
>
>but still not working. Please help. Thanks.
>
>Regards,
>Kenji
>

>On Nov 29, 2:29�am, aloha...@gmail.com wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> After creating sample application via the App Wizards(exe) -> Single
>> Document,
>>
>> I imported new bitmaps.
>> now how can I add new bitmaps image to be place in the frame center
>> area ?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Kenji
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15975)
11/29/2008 7:16:59 PM
I'm not using document/view architecture.

On Nov 30, 3:16=A0am, Joseph M. Newcomer <newco...@flounder.com> wrote:
> Define what you mean by "the frame center". =A0Since you have an SDI app,=
 you would do the
> drawing in the OnDraw handler of the view, which would probably overwrite=
 anything done in
> the frame, which is underneath the view anyway. =A0Create an OnDraw handl=
er in the view and
> move most of this code to it (note that you get a CDC* as the input param=
eter to OnDraw,
> and it could be a printer DC or memory DC as well as a CPaintDC*)
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =
=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 joe

> On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 08:38:40 -0800 (PST), "aloha...@gmail.com" <aloha...@=
gmail.com> wrote:

> >In CMainFrame, I added WM_PAINT:
>
> >in MainFrm.cpp,
>
> >void CMainFrame::OnPaint()
> >{
> > =A0 =A0CPaintDC dc(this); // device context for painting
>
> > =A0 =A0// TODO: Add your message handler code here
> > =A0 =A0CBitmap Bmp1;
> > =A0 =A0CDC MemDC1;
>
> > =A0 =A0// Load the bitmap from the resource
> > =A0 =A0Bmp1.LoadBitmap(IDB_MYLOGO);
> > =A0 =A0// Create a memory device compatible with the above CPaintDC var=
iable
> > =A0 =A0MemDC1.CreateCompatibleDC(&dc);
> > =A0 =A0// Select the new bitmap
> > =A0 =A0CBitmap *BmpPrevious =3D MemDC1.SelectObject(& Bmp1);
>
> > =A0 =A0// Copy the bits from the memory DC into the current dc
> > =A0 =A0dc.BitBlt(20, 10, 436, 364, & MemDC1, 0, 0, SRCCOPY);
>
> > =A0 =A0// Restore the old bitmap
> > =A0 =A0dc.SelectObject(BmpPrevious);
> > =A0 =A0// Do not call CView::OnPaint() for painting messages
> >}
>
> >but still not working. Please help. Thanks.
>
> >Regards,
> >Kenji
>
> >On Nov 29, 2:29=A0am, aloha...@gmail.com wrote:
> >> Hi,
>
> >> After creating sample application via the App Wizards(exe) -> Single
> >> Document,
>
> >> I imported new bitmaps.
> >> now how can I add new bitmaps image to be place in the frame center
> >> area ?
>
> >> Thanks.
>
> >> Kenji
>
> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
> email: newco...@flounder.com
> Web:http://www.flounder.com
> MVP Tips:http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm

0
aloha826 (28)
11/30/2008 3:43:42 AM
Hi joseph,

like this:

Create new project "MyTest" by go to:
File -> New -> MFC AppWizard (exe) -> Single Document (uncheck the
"Document/Vuew Architecture support") -> None (no database support)
-> Check "Initial status bar", "3D controls"
-> MFC Standard / As a shared DLL

Then execute the program

I want to fill the background of the program with some bitmap picture
let say I already import bitmap IDB_LOGO

What code should I add into MainFrm.cpp , to load this Image ?
I suppose OnPaint should be good enough.

void CMainFrame::OnPaint()
{
	CPaintDC dc(this); // device context for painting

	// TODO: Add your message handler code here

	// Do not call CFrameWnd::OnPaint() for painting messages
}

If this is not right, please tell me in steps how to load the image.
Many thanks to you.

Regards,
Kenji

On Nov 30, 3:16=A0am, Joseph M. Newcomer <newco...@flounder.com> wrote:
> Define what you mean by "the frame center". =A0Since you have an SDI app,=
 you would do the
> drawing in the OnDraw handler of the view, which would probably overwrite=
 anything done in
> the frame, which is underneath the view anyway. =A0Create an OnDraw handl=
er in the view and
> move most of this code to it (note that you get a CDC* as the input param=
eter to OnDraw,
> and it could be a printer DC or memory DC as well as a CPaintDC*)
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =
=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 joe

> On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 08:38:40 -0800 (PST), "aloha...@gmail.com" <aloha...@=
gmail.com> wrote:

> >In CMainFrame, I added WM_PAINT:
>
> >in MainFrm.cpp,
>
> >void CMainFrame::OnPaint()
> >{
> > =A0 =A0CPaintDC dc(this); // device context for painting
>
> > =A0 =A0// TODO: Add your message handler code here
> > =A0 =A0CBitmap Bmp1;
> > =A0 =A0CDC MemDC1;
>
> > =A0 =A0// Load the bitmap from the resource
> > =A0 =A0Bmp1.LoadBitmap(IDB_MYLOGO);
> > =A0 =A0// Create a memory device compatible with the above CPaintDC var=
iable
> > =A0 =A0MemDC1.CreateCompatibleDC(&dc);
> > =A0 =A0// Select the new bitmap
> > =A0 =A0CBitmap *BmpPrevious =3D MemDC1.SelectObject(& Bmp1);
>
> > =A0 =A0// Copy the bits from the memory DC into the current dc
> > =A0 =A0dc.BitBlt(20, 10, 436, 364, & MemDC1, 0, 0, SRCCOPY);
>
> > =A0 =A0// Restore the old bitmap
> > =A0 =A0dc.SelectObject(BmpPrevious);
> > =A0 =A0// Do not call CView::OnPaint() for painting messages
> >}
>
> >but still not working. Please help. Thanks.
>
> >Regards,
> >Kenji
>
> >On Nov 29, 2:29=A0am, aloha...@gmail.com wrote:
> >> Hi,
>
> >> After creating sample application via the App Wizards(exe) -> Single
> >> Document,
>
> >> I imported new bitmaps.
> >> now how can I add new bitmaps image to be place in the frame center
> >> area ?
>
> >> Thanks.
>
> >> Kenji
>
> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
> email: newco...@flounder.com
> Web:http://www.flounder.com
> MVP Tips:http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm

0
aloha826 (28)
11/30/2008 4:00:46 AM
And why aren't you using doc/view?  So far, every time someone has done this, the reasons
are not particularly good ("it seems too complicated" is not a good reason).  If you don't
need doc/view, then dialog-based apps are usually better choices.

Since I've never built a non-doc/view SDI or MDI app, I have no idea what the answer is.
					joe
On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 20:00:46 -0800 (PST), "aloha826@gmail.com" <aloha826@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>>
>> >void CMainFrame::OnPaint()
>> >{
>> > � �CPaintDC dc(this); // device context for painting
>>
>> > � �// TODO: Add your message handler code here
>> > � �CBitmap Bmp1;
>> > � �CDC MemDC1;
>>
>> > � �// Load the bitmap from the resource
>> > � �Bmp1.LoadBitmap(IDB_MYLOGO);
>> > � �// Create a memory device compatible with the above CPaintDC variable
>> > � �MemDC1.CreateCompatibleDC(&dc);
>> > � �// Select the new bitmap
>> > � �CBitmap *BmpPrevious = MemDC1.SelectObject(& Bmp1);
>>
>> > � �// Copy the bits from the memory DC into the current dc
>> > � �dc.BitBlt(20, 10, 436, 364, & MemDC1, 0, 0, SRCCOPY);
>>
>> > � �// Restore the old bitmap
>> > � �dc.SelectObject(BmpPrevious);
>> > � �// Do not call CView::OnPaint() for painting messages
>> >}
>>
>> >but still not working. Please help. Thanks.

New message opens up behind outlook window
Everytime I click new in my inbox to open a new message, the new message pops up behind the main oulook window. does anyone know how to make this stop? ...

New to Mail Merge
So I am checking to see if I can merge a list of names(roughly 450) into a template in Publisher that will be used a name plate of sorts. I also want to include years of services in the template, i.e. John Smith 12 years of service. Is this possible and what is the easiest route? Yes it is very possible in Publisher. There is a lot of help here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx If you decide to use Publisher there is a registry fix that will be beneficial. http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/registryfix -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvp...

O2003 New Toolbars Saved Where?
I have XP with O2003 on one computer. Just got a new computer with W7 and installed O2003. I copied over the "outcmd.dat" file and I can see my data (e.g. views) so I know its using the correct "outcmd.dat" file. However two custom toolbars I created are not shown nor are they in the customized toolbar list. Are custom toolbars saved in a different location? Thanks Shawn On Jul 24, 6:22=A0pm, srm <s...@primatech.com> wrote: > I have XP with O2003 on one computer. Just got a new computer with W7 > and installed O2003. I copied over the "outcmd.dat" ...

Solver add-in and macros
I just got a new computer with XP and Excel 2003 and tried to run a macro that used to SOLVER add-in function and got a compile error. As a test I recorded a macro using the SOLVER and got the same result when I tried to run that macro. The Compile Error is "Sub or Function not defined". On the Knowledge Base it says I need to add SOLVER to the list of References in the VB Editor. When I go to the references list, SOLVER does not appear. When I open Help for VB and search for SOLVER, it finds nothing. What is going on? Why doesn't VB even recognize the existence ...

How do I add a signature
We have our purchase orders created in excel and we would like to add a "handwritten" signature" to them. How to I do this? Pen If using xl2002 or 2003...... Create a graphic with the signature then add it to the Footer when printing. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 09:03:08 -0800, "Penfold" <Penfold@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have our purchase orders created in excel and we would like to add a >"handwritten" signature" to them. How to I do this? ...

How to add new entity?
Hi. I'm now researching the customization abilities of MS CRM 1.2. So I have a small task, which I'm not able to accomplish with SDK. The main question is how to add additional entity to CRM? I need to add entity "Pets", and dictionary "PetTypes". Pets should be linked with Contacts (1:M). Pets should have 3 attributes: - Name (string of 150 chars), - Type (value from PetTypes dictionary), - Description (string of 1000 chars) PetTypes should have 3 entries: "Cat", "Dog" and "Parrot" I expect that i...

Setting Outlook settings to new server
We are in the process of moving mailboxes to a new server. Is there a utility or ad policy to automatically configure outlook to point to the new exchange server? Instead of manually configuring the users outlook profile. On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 11:15:01 -0800, Rich <Rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are in the process of moving mailboxes to a new server. Is there a utility >or ad policy to automatically configure outlook to point to the new exchange >server? Instead of manually configuring the users outlook profile. If you are moving the mailboxes in the same org vi...

Error creating new task
Error .. "Could not complete operation. One or more parameter values are not vaild" ...

A first look at the new Office Snapin for MSCRM
http://blogs.msdn.com/jstraumann -- John [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of any included script or code samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm. ...

Outlook saves image attachment as bitmap
Hi. I have Outlook 2003 running on Windows XP. When I save an image attachments, it only allows me to save it as bitmap. Before, it used to let me choose between bitmap & jpeg. I found an article on Microsoft's website, but it only pertains to Internet Explorer (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810978#appliesto). I did it anyways, but it didn't correct my problem. Thanx in advance, Candee ...

New Static IP
SBS2003R2 We'll be moving our office this coming weekend. We will be getting a new static IP from our ISP (I tried to get them to let us keep our existing one but they said that would take "an act of God"). Our mail is delivered to our server after being filtered for spam by McAfee. Our server is configured to only allow mail from McAfee's range of IP address and an internal IP for a "scan to email" device. In an effort to make this move as smooth as possible I'll be calling McAfee in advance of this move and setting up a "ticket number"...

Add a blank page separator
How do I add a blank page automatically as a separator after every 15 pages when printing a document of 250 pages? Use a macro containing the following code to print the document: Dim i As Long Dim blank As Document For i = 1 To 240 Step 15 ActiveDocument.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintFromTo, From:=i, To:=i + 15 Set blank = Documents.Add With blank .PrintOut .Close wdDoNotSaveChanges End With Next i -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professio...

how can I add a signature to my calendar appt requests?
See subject question Insert-> Signature -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "tnowak" <tnowak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51100433-5C23-435B-9C1B-5F8B8D9056B2@microsoft.com... > See subject question ...

How to copy aQuery to a new Table?
I have a database in a Table, a report based on that same Table and a Query based on that Report. After two months or so I like, after some new data input, to save the Table into a new Object Table. What is the best way for the Report and Query to follow the new Table whitout recreating the original Report & Query? Thankyou for your comments. I use MS Office Access 2007. Joe T >>I have a database in a Table, a report based on that same Table and a Query based on that Report. Your phrasing is wrong when it comes to the elements of an Access database. A dat...

"could not fetch new headers " ERROR
i get the error " could not fetch new headers in the inbox of IMA server.The operation was cancelled ", while using my outlook 2000 o win98se mach. config: smtp/imap thro internet mail a/c option pl try to provide solutions to it. the error message pops up say every 5 min whenever outlook is on. thnks n regards gir ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com aggiridharan <aggiridharan.149yy0@outlookforum.com> wrote: > i get the error " coul...

Middle mouse button does not always open in new tab anymore
Hi! I am experiencing the problem that when I click with the middle mouse button on a link (for example google search results) it does not always open it in a new tab anymore. In about 20% of the cases it takes over the current tab instead. The same problem is explained here in german: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.de.internetexplorer&tid=cd463718-8df6-4ee4-9e8a-9ee527837f83&cat=&lang=de&cr=DE&sloc=&p=1 But since there was no answer found so far I decided to take it to the next level (english c...

New Computer #3
How do I move my settings, emails, address book, etc... to my new computer. I'm mostly concerned with Outlook because it's the program I use most often. I have an older computer running WIN2K Pro. I purchased a new Dell computer with Windows XP Pro also with Office 2003. Again how do I make my new Outlook have all the information and settings that my old computer has. I do have both computers connected on my home network and they can see each other. But I'm not sure what to copy over. Any help would be very helpful. Thank You, Paul The file you need to copy and re-use up ...

exchange 5.5 will not keep new server name.
We have exchange 5.5 in enviroment where windows server 2003 is setup along with active directory and active direcitory intergrated zone which is replicated to other servers. Problem: I enter the Exchange Server Name followed by the mailbox name then I select the button [CHECK NAME] In the exchange server name field after entering the new exchange server name the old exchange server name is displayed instead. This only happens in office 2003 professional and not in office 2000 professional "old exchange server name" How did you go about changing the name of the server...

Taking a loooong time for new mailboxes to appear.
Hello, We have a tool which creates a batch of mailboxes, then logs into each one via MAPI to migrate old messages. Today we ran the tool and mailbox-enabled 300+ mailboxes in one go. Although the Exchange tabs were present and the SMTP address was filled out on each user in ADUC, the mailboxes didn't appear in ESM until about an hour later. How is that possible? Manually running RUS didn't help either. We've got one DC and a separate E2k3 server. Thanks, - Alan. Any RED errors in the event logs on that Exchange box during that time> "Alan" wrote: > Hello, ...

Add data to cell w/o loosing initial data
I would like to know if there is a way to add data to data without retyping. For example I have a colum of 18015555555 and I want to add [rfax:(cell #)@/fn=(phone number)] So I would like to add the brackets - copy from a cell - @/fn= and not loose the data already in the spread sheet. Example 2. Add [rfax:company name@fn/=(saved data here) then close bracket. So I want to add data to cells without loosing the data already in the cells. I have about 600 of them to do and I really don't want to do each one by hand. Please let me know if anyone knows how to accomplish this. Tha...

Creating Dialog Pointer with new, causes Exception
Hello all, I've written an MFC app, which has a tabbed interface. When it starts up, it checks my registry key, to determine how many tabs it needs, it then creates each tab, and puts a custom non modal, child dialog on each tab. The problem is, in release mode, it can only create the first dialog, the second one causes a memory exception. It *looks* like MFC doesnt like me trying to initialize a pointer like so, when that pointer is NULL. m_pDialogs[i] = new CMyDialog; Thing is, isn't that the whole point of the new operator? And malloc for that matter? The only difference, th...