Accessing base class operators

Hi,

I have a class :-

class CTimeCode : public CTime
{
    ... blah ...

    void SetTime( const CString &csWeirdDateFormat ) ;
}

Then function

void CTimeCode::SetTime( const CString &csWeirdDateFormat )
{
    .. convert string to integer year, month,
    ..    day, etc and try to save in base class CTime

    (WotGoesHere?) = CTime( Year, Month, Day ...... ) ;
}

You guessed it, what do I type in place of
(WotGoesHere?) ????

My guess was it'd be "this" or "*this" but nope :-(

TTFN,
  Jon
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Use this:

CTime::operator=(CTime(2003, 10, 14, 12, 12, 12));

0
anonymous (74722)

How can you convert a Microsoft database to a Microsoft Access 03
I would like to convert a database made in Microsoft Works to Microsoft Office Access 2003. On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 13:54:05 -0700, greenbentley<greenbentley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:>I would like to convert a database made in Microsoft Works to Microsoft >Office Access 2003.Oddly enough for two Microsoft products, there is no direct path.You can save the *data* from Works into Excel, or into acomma-separated-values Text file, and then use File.... Get External Data....Import to import it into an Access table.Any reports or layout you've defined in Works will need to be com...

word/excel file in public folder can't access via owa2003?
Hi, I have directly placed some word/excel files into a PF and can open them fine in outlook2003. In OWA2003 however i get a HTTP 403 (Forbidden) error "You are not authorized to view this page" Has anyone come accross this before and is there a resolution for this, except from "right click save the file to local"? Many thanks! P.S. Exch2003sp1 in FE+BE settings, both on w2k3 server (no sp). It is blocked by the urlscan.ini. See the below link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823175 Cheers, Raymond "Leemutpo" wrote: > Hi, ...

How to have Invoice Format be based on Customer Class ID?
Our company has two separate divisions which each invoice separately. We would like for each division to print its own invoice format. We will segregate customers by Class ID. Is there a way to have a given Customer Class ID default to a given Invoice Format? (Others have suggested VBA... can someone get us started on that code?) Thanks! Yes you could do this either using Dexterity or VBA. You would, of course, only be able to do this if printing single document because if you print a batch of invoices (by choosing a range of some sort) then it prints as one big report and so it woul...

convert lookup column from access to sql server express
I created a database and front end in access 2007. I am trying to migrate to sql server express 2005 with the same access front end. There is a lookup column in access 2007 database that I am going to replace with a lookup table and a relation table between the main table and the lookup table to hold the multiple links between them. I have a form that at the moment works well with the lookup column for obvious reasons (you get the list of available values along with the selected values for this particular record) I need to try to recreate this behavior somehow with the SQL ...

Audit failed mailbox access?
I need to setup some kind of auditing to see if any users are trying access anybodies mailbox when they shouldn't be. I know they can't access them due to permissions but we just one to know. HOw can we do this? plus will the events go into the Exchange event viewer or our DC's? If you think of any other security auditing ideas it would be most welcome. Thanks A On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 01:58:01 -0700, "SW" <SW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to setup some kind of auditing to see if any users are trying access >anybodies mailbox when they sho...

Can't access Money Account
I recently purchased a new computer and transferred my Microsoft Money file from the old computer to the new one. Now it asks me for a password...which I did not use before. I can't get into the program. I've not registered for a passport account. I don't want one. I just want into my current program. Where did the Money application on the new machine come from? Are you sure it is as new or newer than the version you were last using on your old machine? Can you open the sample data file on the new machine? "Karen Peterson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.c...

How to access a user mailbox folder in Win2003 and Exchange 2003
Hi, Can any body help in finding out, how to access the user mailbox folder in ASP.Net(vb). We have Windows 2003 server and exchange 2003 server installed on it. And we have given rights to superuser to access the MBX folder. But while connecting through exchange application and try to access the folder of the user we get the error -2147217911. But the same thing works fine in Windows 2000 and Exchange 2003 server. Can anybody plz help in solving the problem in Windows 2003 server.? Thanks in advance. Vishwanath K. Karkera ...

Query based DL
Can we add Active Accounts and E-mail Contacts to a Query based DL??? Advise please. Thank you. On Fri, 2 Dec 2005 13:37:02 -0800, "WILDPACKET" <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can we add Active Accounts and E-mail Contacts to a Query based DL??? >Advise please. >Thank you. You don't /add/ anything to a QBDG You assign parameters to it and then, if those accounts and contacts match that parameter they get a message. Thnak you Mark for your response and my correction. Is there a parameter which we can be used to view the active accounts? "...

Pivot Table in Excel not reading Access Query
I use Access link to a SQL server database and then run queries in Access. I wanted to do a Pivot Table in Excel because of other users able in the office. I can't get Excel to import or even show one of the queries in Access where I use MonthName to get the month's name and not a number. If I use the month's number, all is well. It is not a big deal just wondering why it won't work. Is there a way to change the number to a name in Excel's Pivot Table as I can' get =Text(cell,"MMMM") to work in the calculated field. Thanks for any help. Lee ...

Access 97 to 2000 conversion debut problem.
My DB conversion from Access 97 to 2000 looks good and runs okay but when I try to use the debug feature on my old modules and procedures (after break) to "Step Into", etc. this feature doesn't work. No error msgs appear... just a bonk sound meaning that this feature isn't available. I have run "Debug" "Compile DB" okay. I have used the "Design Mode" then "Save" rountine on all tables, queries, forms, etc. I have created new modules that do work with the "Debug" "Step Into" program feature. What am I missing. TIA ...

Auto compact not working in access 2002
I have just come across a rather odd error message: Over a network I have an Access 2002 front end (xx.mdb) and an Access 97 backend. if I have the front end Auto compact on close, I get this message when I quit the application: Could not use "c:\xx\xx.mdb"; file already in use Sometimes when I double click on the xx.mdb file - I also get an error that the file may be corrupt but then it starts fineanyway after I click OK. Thanks in advance The implication is that someone else is using the front-end when you're exiting it. You shouldn't be sharing front-ends. Each use...

Merge multiple records in the same table in access
Hello I am dealing with some unfriendly import files which import as: timestamp position name 001 2 Jon 001 3 Bob 001 1 Ann 001 4 Mike 002 1 Joe 002 2 Sue 003 1 Jeff 004 5 James 004 1 Andy 004 2 Beth 004 4 Mitch 004 3 Chris And would like to create a new table that displays thusly: timestamp position1 ...

Outlook File Attachment Based on Contact Name
I'm an Access developer and have limited experience with Outlook development, so hoping someone can help here. I'll Try to explain this as best as I can. When the client selects a a contact to send a message to, I need all information pertaining to that client to be displayed in the e-mail or as a file attachment. The information will come from an outside file that will be generated from a database. I thought of a few possible ways of doing this but I'm really not to familiar with Outlook, so if anyone has better suggestions, I'd love to hear them. First I thought if ...

Access query to get monthly and quarterly report
Hi, I will require 5 tabs in the report. All reports should be able to use the same result set, but not all columns will appear in each report. They will just present the data differently. for example: if month falls with in the start and end date should show yes otherwise No. Immediate help will be appreciated.. thank you in advance Startdate Enddate Nov-09 Jan-10 Jun-12 Dec-12 12/11/09 6/30/2012 Yes Yes Yes No Startdate Enddate Q3-09 Q4-09 Q2-12 Q4-12 12/11/09 6/30/2012 No Yes Yes No Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of C...

Access Multi User not editable
I am running a split data base where the backend is stored on a Samba server. I have turned off all features that I can find on the server relating to file locking etc. However, no records are editable on the second machine I open the database from. If I recall correctly, Samba servers have different security rules than Windows servers. While the rules may be that each user is capable of creating and writing to the locking file (.ldb or .laccdb), it may be that they're not capable of updating locking files created by other users. Try this test. Have User A create a text ...

Stopping a macro based Setwarning diag box
I have created a Macro that includes a spreadsheet transfer and append. My SetWarnings is Yes. However, I noticed that when I get the dialog box indicating what I am about to do and ask if I am sure I want to run this query, I select no but the macro continues anyway. How can I get the Macro to stop running? Answered in your post 30 minutes later. Hi AB1, Sounds to me like it's time to make the move away from macros to VBA code. This is very easy to do with a little VBA code. The same thing applies for your follow-on question "SetWarning in macro". Perhaps ...

Store Operations Screen Size Resolution
Hello, Anyone know how to fix the problem of Store Operations not filling the screen when you change the resolution of your desktop? I.e. You install RMS at 800x600, change to 1024x768 and then the store operations doesn't fill the screen anymore? Thanks, CTRL F6 and change it to full screen "Brian(TMS)" <Brian(TMS)@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9CB98722-29D9-44FE-87FA-F10D3D963E50@microsoft.com... > Hello, > Anyone know how to fix the problem of Store Operations not filling the > screen when you change the resolution of your desktop? I.e. Y...

Show a sheet1 row in sheet2 based on values in col sheet1.A
Hello! Please help! I have a large sheet with numerous rows in sheet1. Column A in sheet-1 is either blank or has a value. I want to show in sheet-2 (a new sheet) all sheet1 rows that have a value in column A. Thanks in advance, Michelle Hi Michelle one way: - select your range in sheet 1 - goto 'Data Filter - Autofilter' - Filter all relevant row - copy the row and paste them on sheet 2 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Michelle wrote: > Hello! > Please help! > I have a large sheet with numerous rows in sheet1. Column A in > sheet-1 is either blank or ...

Moving mail profile between operating system instances
Hi All, I have a need to move all my email from one instance of win xp pro on my laptop to another instance on the same laptop... Alas, it looks to me from browsing there is no way to move the profile which contains all my email accounts, and I have quite a few. Has anyone found an easy way to do this or is it still not possible for 'free'? If not....then if there is a proven piece of software to do this, can anyone point it out? I am using office xp....on win xp pro sp2. Thanks Peter Have you tried the Office Save My Settings Wizard? See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/31297...

550 5.7.1 access denied Email Problem
Scenario: Our HR has a web application outsourced. This application needs to be able to send email into our Exchange from our users Exchange address to other Exchange users on our server. But the email is not originating from our mail servers - its originating from the vendor's mail server. Our exchange is giving the following NDR: You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <smtp.vendordomain.com #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 <user@ourdomain.net>... Access denied> How can I configure our Exchange server to allow email fr...

Cannot access office out, getting POP3 Reporting Error 0X80042108
Hi there, i understand MS made some changes and now i am locked out from my MS Office Outlook. I get a POP3 Reporting Error # 0X80042108. The server does not recognize me. Is there any instructions on how to set or re-set this? Is there any REAL PERSON i can talk to for FREE Tech Support??? Thanks, Ray @ manauto@msn.com The changes were to how Outlook pulls Hotmail. Verify your settings against this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813514/en-us "Ray" <Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23A6252E-7B5F-454D-BB5A-5C9AB2B24DCD@microsoft.com... > Hi there...

Converting graphics to vector-based
Is there any way to take an excel-produced chart (with 2000 plot points) and export or convert it into a vector- based graphic, such as Illustrator? Or, at least into a graphics package that can be visually enhanced? All we can do is a screen-capture (quality not acceptable). Thanks for your help. ...

Access to all Colors
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a workbook that I have used a number of colors from filling cells, cell borders, and color of text within cells. But many colors I would like to use do not appear when I want to fill a cell with a color or change Text in a cell to a specific color. It appears the only colors I have available to me are based on Themes that I select in the Formatting Palette. When I change the theme to access color I want, colors in my workbook change to undesirable colors. <br><br>How can I get all the colors availa...

OWA access problems #3
I have a single user that gets HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized when attempting to log into his email account via OWA. I've verified he's using the correct logon credentials and that OWA is enabled on his account. OWA has worked in the past on this account. What else can I check to help resolve this problem? disable and enable OWA for this user and have him or her try to log in http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;%5Bln%5D;830827 make sure The user account you specified for logon does not have an appropriate SMTP address and check this http://support.microsoft.com/defa...

VBA Sub to delete rows based on a Column Value
I have a workshhet named Final Short Quote. Anywhere in Column C wher the cell conatins the word Remove, I want to delete that row. How can do that -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try the following macro: Sub delete_rows() Dim lastrow As Long Dim row_index As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False lastrow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row For row_index = lastrow - 1 To 1 Step -1 If instr(Cells(row_index, 3).Value,"Remove")>0 then Rows(row_index).delete End If Next Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub -- Regards Fra...