About VC++7 settings

Hi,  I am working on a solution which consists of several projects, which
reside in their own directories. Each time I have to copy the dlls and libs
to the application directory before I make the final build. It is very
annoying. Is there a way to make the VC++7 IDE automatically take care all
these things?

Thanks!

Hu

0
hdong (7)
6/26/2004 6:51:59 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Specify dependencies in projects. Put all projects into one solution and
specify that the application project depends on DLL and LIB projects.

"hdong" <hdong@ucdavis.edu> wrote in message
> Hi,  I am working on a solution which consists of several projects, which
> reside in their own directories. Each time I have to copy the dlls and
libs
> to the application directory before I make the final build. It is very
> annoying. Is there a way to make the VC++7 IDE automatically take care all
> these things?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Hu

0
alegr (1131)
6/26/2004 7:08:09 PM
hdong wrote:
> Hi,  I am working on a solution which consists of several projects,
> which reside in their own directories. Each time I have to copy the
> dlls and libs to the application directory before I make the final
> build. It is very annoying. Is there a way to make the VC++7 IDE
> automatically take care all these things?

Custom build steps are your friends.

--
Tim Robinson (MVP, Windows SDK)
http://mobius.sourceforge.net/

Thank you! That's great!!!

Hu

"Alexander Grigoriev" <alegr@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Specify dependencies in projects. Put all projects into one solution and
> specify that the application project depends on DLL and LIB projects.
>
> "hdong" <hdong@ucdavis.edu> wrote in message
> > Hi,  I am working on a solution which consists of several projects,
which
> > reside in their own directories. Each time I have to copy the dlls and
> libs
> > to the application directory before I make the final build. It is very
> > annoying. Is there a way to make the VC++7 IDE automatically take care
all
> > these things?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Hu

0
hdong (7)

Problem setting BackStyle on Label
I have a problem with Properties on Label in particular, when added by a script. The sequence below works on CommandButton1 and Frame1 objects but behaves strangely with Label1 Public Sub addLabel() Sheet2.OLEObjects.Add "Forms.Label.1", _ Left:=100, Top:=75, Height:=15, Width:=200 End Sub Public Sub nameLabel() Sheet2.Label1.Name = "title1" End Sub Public Sub setLabel() Sheet2.title1.BackStyle = 0 Sheet2.title1.Caption = "My Text" Sheet2.title1.Font.Bold = 1 Sheet2.title1.Font.Italic = 1 Sheet2.title1.Font.Size = 12 End Sub The one property that doesn&...

Out of Office settings 2007 outlook
Out of Office settings cannot be displayed, because the server is currently unavailable. 2007 office just had Exchange service pack 2 installed and hot fix KB970892 I did a Test E-mail AutoConfiguration test all ok You are best directing this too an exchange or outlook group Simon "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BABA10B5-D450-4C63-9AE5-40A23143DD19@microsoft.com... > Out of Office settings cannot be displayed, because the server is > currently > unavailable. > 2007 office > just had Exchange service pack 2 instal...

How do I change the US date setting in the event schedule planner
Help! I'm using a lovely little template called event schedule planner - however it shows the date in US date format and I need the UK format (dd.mm.yyyy) how do I change it in this template please? If this is Word 2007/2010 then the chances are that it uses date content controls to display the dates. You can change them all with a macro Sub Macro1() Dim oCC As ContentControl For Each oCC In ActiveDocument.ContentControls If oCC.Type = wdContentControlDate Then oCC.DateDisplayLocale = wdEnglishUK oCC.DateDisplayFormat = "dd.MM.yyyy" End ...

Windows 7 Discussion Group
Is there one? If so and I missed it I apologize. Thanks "RHinNC" <rhinnc@[get rid of this] hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OEORv3yhKHA.5604@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Is there one? If so and I missed it I apologize. Thanks > There are Microsoft forums, but no Microsoft newsgroups. There is an alt.windows7.general newsgroup, though, if your ISP carries it. -- SC Tom On 12/27/2009 2:51 PM, RHinNC wrote: > Is there one? If so and I missed it I apologize. Thanks > > I have been using the alt.windows7.general which is available a free...

Printing set up
I've got a 28-column spreadsheet that I want to print landscape on legal size paper. I've set the print area to the exact size of the spreadsheet & set all the margins to zero. Under Page Setup I've set the scaling to Fit To 1 page wide by 1 page tall. With these settings I'd expect the spreadsheet to fill the page. Instead there are large margins all around. The spreadsheet could print significantly larger, but I cannot make it do that. How can I make the spreadsheet fill the sheet (be as large as possible?) Thanks, Dave I have had this kind of problem occasionally ...

setting up multiple profiles
I just installed Outlook 2007. My husband has one comcast account and I have two. We need to be able to use Outlook for these. I have tried to set up my two emails using POP3, but they both come into the same inbox. Please help!!! Thanks, http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/sortmail.htm For 2007 specific, scroll to bottom "07Jackie66" <07Jackie66@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B3FA5C6-23DD-4314-BB9D-F46CE3E22D1C@microsoft.com... >I just installed Outlook 2007. My husband has one comcast account and I >have > two. We need to be able to...

Information Store Size #7
I have SBS 2000 with exchange 2000. My information store is as follows: Priv1.edb- 5,783,816 Priv1.stm- 5,978,120 Pub1.edb- 5,325,960 Pub1.stm- 1,753,096 Does the 16GB limit include both the private and public stores or is there a 16GB limit for each. If I have exceeded my limit, what options do I have to make it to a FEB/MAR hardware software upgrade I have planned? Thanks, Steve 16GB limit is per store, so 16GB for Private and 16GB for Public. You must add the .edb and .stm file to calculate your store size. Options for upgrade is to go to SBS 2003 R2 which raises the limit to 75G...

How do I set up more than 3 conditional formatting?
Hi, I have 6 different investigation area, one single name each, and I would like to set 6 different conditional formatting. But I'm not able to set more than 3. Any idea how can I manage it? Many thanks You can use a macro. What are your conditions / desired formats ?? -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201003 "Pomodoro" wrote: > Hi, > I have 6 different investigation area, one single name each, and I would > like to set 6 different conditional formatting. But I'm not able to set more > than 3. > > Any idea how can I manage ...

Setting up Yahoo account in Outlook Express
My question is about: How do I configure Outlook Express for POP access? ISP: I'm on a server at work Email Client: Outlook Express Type your feedback here: I can receive, but not send my Yahoo! email. I have followed the instructions exactly to setup an account on my Outlook Express 6 and my Outlook 2003 at work. Error messages from OE are as follows: The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'Yahoo', Server: 'smtp.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Thanks for your help. I'm gi...

Setting email so server will not save emails on server
I have two computers. ( Desktop & laptop) I seldom use the laptop but when I do use it and get my emails it brings up every email that I have already read and deleted from desktop. Is there a setting where I can set so the server will not keep the deleted emails? On both machines: Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced - Check: Leave a copy of messages on the server. On one machine only, (The desktop would be logical for you), check to Delete messages after X days to satisfy your allotted space you get from your server, and Remove from server when d...

How do I calculate escalation rates using dates and a set value
If I have a projected that needs to be escalated using start and completion dates by a certain percentage per year, how do I write the formula. For example if my project starts May 26, 2010 and lasts until may 26 2014 I want to add escalation to midpoint at 4% per year. ...

Set a recurring task ie. a task to check a website each month
It would be advantageous to be able to set a recurring task ie. a daily, weekly, monthly or other multiple task. An example would be if you needed to go to an accounts website or prospects website once a month to look for leads. Or to check out a competitor for new things on their website. It could also apply to phoning or mailing etc. This would save constantly having to remember to create a followup or write up to dozens of followups at different dates. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote f...

Default Paper Sauce Setting
Currently in the Excel of my computer, the defult paper setting is "Manual Feed", so each time before printing something I have to select the "Auto Feed", or select the tray number, or push the green button on my printer. My printer is HP LaserJet 4050TN. I want to change the "Auto Feed" as the paper sauce for my Excel. Thanks. I believe you right click on your Printer and choose Printing Preferences and make the change there. It should stay in whatever config. you choose. >-----Original Message----- >Currently in the Excel of my computer, the defult pa...

How do I set up a URL address to send and recieve e mail?
I'm using Outlook 2003. How can I set Outlook up to send and recieve e mail from Microsoft Web Access? It has a https URL. -- Thank You James P Murphy Outlook's WebDav (HTTP) protocol doesn't support HTTPS urls. http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2005/20050322.htm -- "J Murphy" <JMurphy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D0201CB-113B-44C6-946B-206C3AAF069D@microsoft.com... > I'm using Outlook 2003. How can I set Outlook up to send and recieve e > mail > from Microsoft Web Access? It has a https URL. > -- > Thank You...

Make A Set Of Date
i have 2 sheets FOGLIO1 e FOGLIO2 in FOGLIO1 cell D2 i have the value 60 in the cell J2 i have a date, for example 27/11/2004, i colud want fill a set of date in FOGLIO2 to start in the cell G2 for every 60 month day year, for example: sheet FOGLIO2 in the cell G2 27/11/2004 in the cell G3 27/12/2004 in the cell G4 27/01/2005 in the cell G5 27/02/2005 .... in the cell BN2 27/10/2009 this macro for every data present in the column D2:D2000 and in the column J2:J2000 from FOGLIO1 when the actual date is the same in the cell G2 of sheet FOGLIO2 delete the cell G2 and skip to left the other c...

Deletion settings
In Exchange System Manager Mailbox Store Properties, I set the deletion settings to keep deleted items for 0 days which I understand should remove the mailbox as soon as it is deleted. Mailboxes that have were deleted days ago still appear in Exchange System Manager. What can the problem be? "Carl" <schroec(remove this)@hpd.nyc.gov> wrote: >In Exchange System Manager Mailbox Store Properties, I set the deletion settings to keep deleted items for 0 days which > I understand should remove the mailbox as soon as it is deleted. Mailboxes that have were deleted days ago ...

How to set up IRA Account in Money 2007
I am trying to set up my IRA in Money. It is through a bank, so there are not investment type transactions, just the bank's own listings of interest. Do I set this up as an investment account or something different? For best treatment by things like Tax Estimator, I'd set it up as an Investment (IRA) account. You may never have any Investments in the Investment half of the account. It may just have interest earnings in the Investment Cash Account. This essentially wastes the Investment Account, but that's probably not a big deal. "Rick" <Rick@discussions.micr...

How do you set up an "Out of Office" auto reply??
Can someone give me some quick, easy directions? http://www.slipstick.com/rules/autoreply.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, VLC asked: | Can someone give me some quick, easy directions? ...

Windows Media Player in Windows 7
With Windows Media Player 11 in Windows Vista, when i have a movie in .avi and the subtitle .srt (Both Files with the same name), i can see the movie with subtitle correctly. With Windows Media Player in Windows 7 Ultimate i only see the movie without subtitle. What is the Problem? Version of Media Player in W7 - 12.0.7600.16415 Best regards and thank you for your answers. Curious Hi, Windows 7 uses a new type of video decoders (called Windows Media Foundation) as opposed to the DirectShow filters used in Vista. No matter what decoders (K-lite codec pack, ffdshow, etc.) y...

IE8
IE8 won't open links (for example, links displayed by a Google search). If I use "Mysearch", the links will open. However, certain links on certain websites refuse to open as well. -- John P See the Answer post by OnyXxL in this thread: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/InternetExplorer/thread/e312e580-1cbc-496b-8c6b-b69b8535a7bb Tip => Since MS in its infinite wisdom decided that there will be no Win7-specific newsgroups [What were they thinking?], primary support for Win7 computers will be found in these forums: http://social.answers.micr...

How do I set the focus for a field after new (blank) record ?
Hi When I click the "new (blank) record" icon at the bottom of a form, the cursor disappears. How can I make the cursor go to the first field on the form like it does when I first go to the form. Thanks in advance Mark Thornblad Use the form's Current event to run a macro that contains the GoToControl action, and use that to set the focus to the desired field. -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> <mthornblad@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d7aa0f3c-adbc-4f30-8e2b-f82b121f5876@a28g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > Hi > > When I click the "new (bla...

Setting a parent form value based on a subform entry
Hi all, I have a parent/child form setup, where selecting a value from a bound combobox within the subform datasheet should override another bound combobox in the parent. All of the AfterUpdate code worked fine in an Access 2003 MDB format, but when I try the same thing in an Access 2003 ADP project, I get the Jet error 7787 and the changes get flushed when the record gets refreshed. The parent form field isn't 100% dependent on the selection in the subform - it just forces the overwrite to begin with, and then the user is free to change it afterwards. Is there no way...

Set up second POS. Urgent!!!
Our company has one set of hardware to run MS RMS for two months so far. It works well. We want to add second POS now. After I installed RMS to another PC and connected to the same database, I tried to start this POS. There is an error as following: " A software license violation has been detected. Register 1 is already active" I think the license we bought is good for two locations. Really appreciate your help. If you have already purchased a license for a second register, then you should be able set up the 2nd register by: 1. Go into store manager on the working regi...

hyperlink default settings
Hi all When I type a hyperlink address into a cell the default setting is font size 10/underline etc. How can I change this? I am using OfficeXP (Excel2002?) Sorry if this has been asked before. MTIA Elwyn Try changing the Hyperlink style to the size font you want. Format|Style|choose hyperlink|click modify (Styles are a workbook level setting--you'll have to do this for each workbook you want.) elwyn wrote: > > Hi all > > When I type a hyperlink address into a cell the default setting is font size > 10/underline etc. How can I change this? I am using OfficeXP...

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THIS MLM PROGRAM(turn $3.7 in to 1,434,892.8 by e-gold) #2
It's NOT illegal and it is NOT a scam !!!!!. Hello every body , Im Behrooz Farhangirad , After so much seeking and asking about a good MLM program that not to be a fraud , guaranteed earnings, low investment with a high and fast payments , pay with e-gold , free and simple join and some other services for free such as advertising ,.... I m be glad to introduce one of them , I joined to this program two weeks ago, and i have got a good result ,you can see my earning bill if you want ,contact me. I strongly recommend you to join , follow me: 1) You should open an e-gold account for...