a hot key to a menu item

Hi,

Just a simple question.  I have a menu item and I want to associate a
hot key with it (like ctrl-p for printing).  Can someone just point a
direction for me?  Thanks.

Tony

0
tony6018 (73)
4/23/2004 12:37:35 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

> Just a simple question.  I have a menu item and I want to associate a
> hot key with it (like ctrl-p for printing).  Can someone just point a
> direction for me?  Thanks.

In Win32 (MFC), you have to add item to accelerators table. In .NET it is
different. What is your platform?

--
Igor Green,
Grig Software.

0
grigsoft (56)
4/23/2004 5:52:07 AM
Hi Igor,

My platform is MFC.  Thanks for the info.

Tony

Igor Green wrote:
>>Just a simple question.  I have a menu item and I want to associate a
>>hot key with it (like ctrl-p for printing).  Can someone just point a
>>direction for me?  Thanks.
>

> In Win32 (MFC), you have to add item to accelerators table. In .NET it is
> different. What is your platform?
>

> --
> Igor Green,
> Grig Software.
> www.grigsoft.com
> Compare It! + Synchronize It! : files and folders comparison never was
> easier!

0
tony6018 (73)

Remembering a View's Menu State Between Executions
I have a menu item defined in a view resource for which I use a check mark to show whether the item is in effect or not. The menu item toggles between checked and unchecked states whenever the user selects it. I want the program to remember in the registry or INI file whether the item is checked and restore that state whenever the view is instantiated again. I have put code to initialize the check state to what it was set to last in the view's OnInitialUpdate() override function. Here is the code: void CMyView::OnInitialUpdate() { CMainFrame *pMain = (CMainFrame*)AfxGetMainWnd(); ...

Disable shortcut menu for page header only
I have a form that I want to disable the shortcut menu on the header section only. This is the menu that brings up Layout View, Design View etc. I do not want the user to be able to use this , but I do want them to be able to use shortcut menu for the detail section. (Sorting, Filtering etc.) Maybe by disabling each of the items on this menu individually, but I still need help doing this. Any help is mucho appreciated. Wally Wally - I don't think the shortcut menu distinguishes between the header and detail sections of the form. You can gray out the options for the...

Hyperlink field / Allowing Full Menu's
I have a hperlink field that I want users to be able to Add, Open ect on my form. It works until I uncheck the "Allow Full Menu" in the Access Options area. However, I don't want to leave this unchecked because it allows users to potentially get to design view and other areas but I also want user to have the full functionality of the hyperlink field. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-tablesdbdesign/201005/1 ...

RMS should allow specific item costing for S/N items
RMS allows up to three S/Ns to be entered for each S/N item but does not provide for a cost specific to each S/N item. Does this strike anyone else as strange? I also deal with accounting software and if they have S/N capability, they provide for a specific cost for each S/N item. Background: For the same SKU, the cost can vary materially based on whether the item was purchased singly or in a large lot. It is important for accurate accounting and commissions that the cost reflect the actual item cost rather than an average or last cost. ---------------- This post is a suggestion fo...

Setting company wide Deleting Deleted Items Limits
I would like to set all mailboxes on our Exchange 2003 server to delete end users Deleted Items older than 30 days? How is this done? Let me know. Thanks for you replies in advance! Toni P. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q278024&ID=KB;EN-US;Q278024 On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 15:07:03 -0800, "tpenn" <tpenn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to set all mailboxes on our Exchange 2003 server to delete end >users Deleted Items older than 30 days? > >How is this done? > >Let me know. > >Thanks for you replies in adva...

Highlighting text with F8 key
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Instead of turning on text highlighting, pressing F8 on my new iMac (using Word 2008) turns on iTunes! Anyone know what I'm doing wrong or not understanding? Thanks!! I'm not sure what to tell you - F8 in Word is still assigned to the ExtendSelection command & works as expected here in 12.2.4 running on 10.6.3, so whatever is causing it must be at the OS level or external of Word. Assuming that Office & OS X are fully updated, check the System Preferences for your keyboard settings as well ...

outlook
IS THERE AN ANOTHER WAY TO MAKE REFERENCE TO THESE SHORTCUTS? WITHOUT USING STRINGS (which gets translated depending on the internationalization?) The problem - in details: Actully i'm working on an addin in o2k. Hardly but i've managed to figure out the most thing i need. Now i have problems with accessing the menu... I want to get an event when user select save-as in the inspector! The next code works fine until i'm using an English version of outlook2k: Set o = Application.ActiveInspector.CommandBars("Menu Bar").Controls("File").Controls("Save ...

Return value based on 2 items
please help am not very good at explaining things but this is my sample list 05 p5 Q5 Customer Description Cost Tom Plow 1-6 $50.00 Tom Plow 6.1-12 $100.00 Tom Plow 12 .1-18 $150.00 Tom Plow 18.1-24 $200.00 Tom Salt $25.00 Tom Shovel 1-6 $25.00 Tom ...

Follow-up items
Outlook 2003, under WinXP Pro, all updates on both. Is there a way to have email items marked for follow-up appear on the Calendar? Or... Is there a way to get a list of all items marked for follow-up on any folder? Thanks, -Martin Martin <0_0_0_0_@pacbell.net> wrote: > Outlook 2003, under WinXP Pro, all updates on both. > > Is there a way to have email items marked for follow-up appear on the > Calendar? Can't answer that. Sorry. > Or... > > Is there a way to get a list of all items marked for follow-up on any > folder? The Search folder &quo...

Disable an item in a list
Is it possible to tag an value in a listbox as not selectable i.e., greyed out. I don't want to remove the item permanently as depending on a number of things it could become selectable again. Thanks, Martin I don't think that is possible. -- Jim "Martin" <Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2FDBA66A-13A1-4D5B-BEA7-FEC3F01FD31E@microsoft.com... | Is it possible to tag an value in a listbox as not selectable i.e., greyed | out. I don't want to remove the item permanently as depending on a number of | things it could become selectable aga...

Excel
When validating a list within a cell, is it possible to link a graphic to each list item so that when the user has selected the list item, the graphic linked to that item will be displayed??? Any ideas anyone??? Take a look at http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html In article <F91F319E-07D1-4867-B977-46FCB2DBD027@microsoft.com>, "Emma" <Emma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When validating a list within a cell, is it possible to link a graphic to > each list item so that when the user has selected the list item, the graphic > linked to ...

GP flag in the Sales Order set up window for drop ship line items
I suggest a flag that we can set in the Sales Order set up window so we can make an order type of drop ship that will always default to drop ship. Once this happens, then the rest will flow for us because the transfer to P.O. will then generate a drop ship purchase order; our desired result. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft We...

Problems with removing old Deleted Items files
Our Exchange server went from version 4.0 and is now at 5.5 w/SP4 and is running in a cluster. I have some users that, although OutLook says that there are no deleted items, and, they'll religiously delete what they do have every time that they exit OutLook, Exchange Administrator shows a lot (50-80 MB, in some cases) of Deleted Items. I understand that there was a bug with either 4.0, or, in going from 4.0 to 5.5 that would cause retention of Deleted Items? If this is my problem, how can I delete this files? Thanks! This is quite normal if you have deleted item retention enabled. ...

Not allow items to be deleted after shipment has been confirmed
Once you confirm the packing slip is printed and in the box of the Items to be sent to the Customer, the Work Flow status of the Fulfillment Order changes to Shipped. Then the end user confirms the Shipment of the document which changes the Document Type from Fulfillment Order to Invoice and changes the Work Flow status from Shipped to Ready to Print/Post. Once the confirming of the shipment is done, we would like the system to NOT allow any end users to delete the line items on the document. Instead, they should have to enter a SOP return if the Customer decides they do not want it....

Experts pls !!! problem in Adding items to a subclassed CListCtrl class
Hi, I am adding item to a subclassed class of CListCtrl. What is teh correct place to add items in subclassed CListCtrl Class . I did the folowing steps.Pls let me know where I am goin wrong. 1.In a MFC Doc view with Form view,dragged the CList Control in the view. 2.Created a class from the class wizard MyListtrlwith base class CListCtrl. 3.Add a message handler for OnLButtonDown for MyListtrl and added a Message Box 4.Then in resource view selected teh clistcrl and add memebr variable and this time selected MyListtrl and named it m_myListCtrl; 5.When I executed the app,I get message ...

how do i set up product key
how i cant get product key for se video SE Video? Where did you get it? Try there. la casa wrote: > how i cant get product key for se video > ...

Missing Product Key for Office 2000, uninstalled
Hello, We are trying to we are trying to install Office 2000 on an old PC that we have lying around at our office, the problem we're running into is, the product key isn't on the disc/labeled on the case. We thought there might be a way to cross-reference the license with the product key but it has been to no avail thus far. Is there anyway to do this, cross reference the license with the product key? Or are we up the creek? Up the creek without a paddle "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:132B236C-84F1-42BE-83D3-8B513A7F9...

Key press produces 'boink' sound
Hi, I am trying to capture number pad key strokes for my windows application (written in MFC,VC++ 6.0) in the PretranslateMessage function of the application and perform the appropriate action like changing a buttons state. It recongnizes the key pressed and performs the appropriate actions successfully but produces a 'boink' sound whenever the key is pressed. It produces this sound only for the Alphabet , number keys and for the number pad keys except for the special keys like Shift,Spacebar,Tab,Capslock,Insert etc. Could someone please tell me how to turn off that sound fo...

Creating a Custom Toolbar/Menu unique to a Workbood
I have been trying for about a week to create a toolbar for use by a particular workbook and that workbook alone. Creating the toolbar was no problem and I named it 'Budget Toolbar.' It contains a very limited set of the 'normal' Excel objects such as File Save As and a few others plus commands to run macros which exist in the parent workbook,Budget.wk.. If I open Budget.wk. the toolbar appears right where I put it. The trouble is that if I open another workbook, the Budget Toolbar appears in that workbook also and I have to View/Toolbars and uncheck Budget Toolbar to mak...

Items Not Found in Lookup Tables
I'm setting up Lookup Tables for the first time, and have gotten myself into some trouble along the way. If an item is not found in my Lookup Table, it seems to pick up the closest item alphabetically. How do I prevent this from happening? Is there anything I could put in my Lookup Table that would be a catch all for items not found, and would act as an alert to me that the table needs to be updated with new values? Thanks! There's a fourth argument that specifies that you want an exact match: =vlookup(a1,sheet2!a:b,2,false) That False (or 0) tells excel to look for an exact...

products and price list items to be user owned
In CRM3.0 if you have access to products you have access to all price list items in the product catalogue. This presents a problem with large organizations where we see the requriement for the salespeople to only see the price list items for their business unit and the price list items visibiliy accross organization is a big no-no. Product and price list items need to be user owned (or there need to be a way to switch over from the organization owned to user owned setting). Thanks, Sergei ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggesti...

Budgeting Maint. Items #2
My questions is, how do you budget for things such as "car repair" or other items that you are not sure of when you will need to spend the money or how much will need to be spent; however, you are interested in keeping track of how much money has accrued. For example, I budget $100.00/month on Car Repair. This money may not be used for several months; however, I need to know how much I have saved for car repair when a problem does occurr. In six months, I should be able to see that $600.00 in my savings account is dedicated to Car Repair. I haven't found a way to do this ...

Impact of removal of Item from Public Folder Instance Folder
I am a new administrator for a large Exchange 2003 organization that is just getting off the ground. We had to recently reconfigure replication of a public folder. It was set to replicate content to a number of servers when it really was meant to reside only on a couple of servers. To make the change, from within ESM I went to our Enterprise Administrative Group and to the Folders folder, to Public Folders, to the top level folder that had been created for the branch office to migrate their public folders into and I went into the properties of this branch office public folder then to the repli...

arrow keys move the entire document instead of just object
Somehow I have changed my nudge, snap or glue settings (or some other settings) that have effected how my arrow keys on my keyboard affect my Visio document. Currently if I select an object and I hit the arrow key (on the keyboard) my entire document moves.. I would like my object to move or nudge around from clicking the arrow keys. How can I fix this? I am having the same issues and haven't found a solution for it yet, does or has anyone else found a solution for this problem. It really affects a person's ability to move shapes around effectively and just plain work efficie...

Help window in Leopard stuck behind menu bar
Since installing Leopard when I open the Help window in any Office program it opens at the top of the desktop and seems to be behind the menu bar. The red, yellow and green buttons are missing/ not visible as well as the rest of the window header. It can't be moved or manipulated in any way. The real problem occurs when trying to close the window. Using keyboard short cuts it first acts on the active window. So in Excel it will close the workbook window when hitting command-W. Then it will work to close the help window. This slows everything down. Any help would be appreciated. Mike Go in...