'top' is not a valid value for the 'vertical-align' property.

Well, it is, actually, and the resulting .chm file works properly in HTML
Help.

But it's a bit tedious getting that wrong useless error message from VS2002
on every build. (Well, not every build, it only does it sometimes actually.)
Any idea how I can persuade it to stop telling me this?

--
Tim Ward

tw2 (223)
10/23/2006 11:32:05 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Is it possible to generate non-technical schema validation errors?
With the 1.0 Framework, I've worked out using the XmlValidatingReader. Since I'm using the validation errors as feedback to the end user, I'm hoping to get away from techy messages such as "The 'http://tempuri.org/XMLFile1.xsd:MaxDependents' element has an invalid value according to its data type. An error occurred at file:///c:/work/prodika/main/code/apps/schemavalidation/XMLFile1.xml(8, 25)." and go with a user friendly message of "Max Dependents must be between 0 and 10". I've scoured the newsgroups, MSDN and docs for creating custom valid...

What is 'Align Text to Base Line Guide'?
Trying to make sure all lines have the same amount of space between them I selected paragraph from the format menu and under the line adjustments there is a box 'align text to base line guides' Ok I did that, now there are lines at the margines of my newsletter. What are these? Also selecting this pushed my text down from the top edge of the text box. What is this? The baseline guide measurements are in the Arrange, Layout Guides, Baseline tab. There is help in the Help menu. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Go_Girl3647" <GoGirl3647@discussions.microsoft.com...

Top heavy fractions
I need a way of preventing Excel (2002 on Windows XP) from changing top heavy fractions (as in 6/4) to "normal" fractions (as in 1 1/2). We have three columns of fractions which need to be entered as "top heavy" and then a fourth column which is a calculation of the first three. As we have to perform a calculation on the fourth column we can not format the other columns as text (to prevent the changing from "6/4" to "1 1/2"). Any other suggestions would be appreciated. This might help a little: Format the columns to ###/### FROM FORMAT->SPECIAL...

Return values that sum to a known value
I have a list of data and would like to know if there is a formula that would return any items from that list that sum to a known value. Have a look at this thread for something similar: http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?pg=7&cat=&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions&fltr= Regards, Tom "lmattern" wrote: > I have a list of data and would like to know if there is a formula that would > return any items from that list that sum to a known value. ...

set value of a group of activex control points
Have a spreadsheet that has some 20+ activex control points (option buttons). Is there a way to group all these controls together & set their initial values the same? Trying to setup a "reset" type of operation that would clear all control points. I can do them individually via properties, but it's too time consuming. Any suggestions? ...

right aligned menus?
is there any way to use menus from resources in right justified order? we have a customer that might like a non-English menu. TY Open the .rc file in a Text Editor and Add MFT_RIGHTJUSTIFY to the menu item. "Donald Sorenson" <dony_s@excite.com> wrote in message news:OyeQn1TfEHA.3556@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > is there any way to use menus from resources in right justified order? we > have a customer that might like a non-English menu. > > TY > > TY! but I didn't find the right place in the script file... I tried to OR (|) it with the first M...

Storing distinct values in an array
Hello .. in the speadsheet, i have a column containing a series of numbers maybe of them repeated multiple times... i would like to store all distinct values in an array any ideas on how i could do that ... eg , if these were the numbers going down column then 1 3 5 7 5 3 5 7 5 4 3 4 5 7 8 5 3 .. store 1,3,5,7,9,4,8 in an array, in no specifi order thank you shimee -- shimee ----------------------------------------------------------------------- shimeel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1583 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showt...

Validation Problem #2
I have a schema file PDDSch.xsd which validates the PDD.xml file. the rootnodes are as shown below PDD.xml <PDD xmlns="http://tempuri.org/PDDSch.xsd" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-Instance" > PDDSch.xsd <xs:schema id="PDD" targetNamespace="http://tempuri.org/PDDSch.xsd" xmlns="http://tempuri.org/PDDSch.xsd" xmlns:mstns="http://tempuri.org/PDDSch.xsd" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:msdata="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-msdata" attributeFormDefault="quali...

Populate cell with a value if another cell has a certain value
All, good morning. i have a issue, i need to populate cell E4 with a value CX/025966 when cell F4 has a text Bond Street. Is there a simple way of doin this? EXCEL 2007 Try:- =IF((F4="Bond Street"),"CX/025966","") If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "B2ORL" wrote: > All, good morning. i have a issue, i need to populate cell E4 with a value > CX/025966 when cell F4 has a text Bond Street. > > Is there a simple way of doin this? Use IF() =IF(F4="Bond Street","CX/02...

Deletion settings in Mailbox Store Properties
Our company would like to enforce a policy to permanently delete items 30 days or older from each mailboxes Deleted items folder. The mailboxes all reside on the Exchange 2003 server. Under Mailbox Store Properties, Deletion settings, the Keep deleted items for (days) is set to 30, yet the items are not being deleted. My thoughts are that it is because we do not have the Mailbox Manager scheduled to run. Is that correct? I am a little hesitant to run it because I am worried about what else it might "manage". I only see one recipient policy and that is for email addresses. ...

Show zero values
When a formula returns a zero value, the zero value is not being displayed. I have reviewed the following: - conditional formatting - zero values are checked (Tools/Options/View) - stepped through my VB code (it inserts formulae based on a Worksheet Change event) - locked and hidden values unchecked with and without protection (this should have no effect when the sheet is unprotected) Are there any other circumstances that result in a zero value not being displayed? Are there any other reasons for this occurrence? Cheers John Check also normal cell formatting! there are formats that hide ...

CButton::GetButtonStyle()
hi! is it possible that the function GetButtonStyle() returns one single style value? where can i get information when to use a mask and when to use the plain value? how about other controls/windows? actually i am a little bit confused about this... thanks, philipp "Philipp Huber" <philipp.huber@innval.com> wrote in message news:bonpkq$7hi$04$1@news.t-online.com... > hi! > > is it possible that the function GetButtonStyle() returns one single style > value? I'm not sure what you're asking, but GetButtonStyle returns the LOBYTE of the GetWindowLong/GW...

Comparing values #2
I have two sheets in a workbook. The first column in each sheet has part numbers. I would like to compare worksheet1 column a to worksheet 2 column a and identify duplicate values. I have not been able to make this work. -- Dirk Chip Pearson has lots of ways to work with duplicates/uniques at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm Dirk_Bob wrote: > > I have two sheets in a workbook. The first column in each sheet has part > numbers. > I would like to compare worksheet1 column a to worksheet 2 column a and > identify duplicate values. I have not been able to make...

Chart templates treates value axis as a category axis
I saved a Chart Template [Line Plot Type] that uses a horizontal value axis, but when I try to use it in a new workbook, the data is plotted with a horizontal category axis? In a line chart, the horizontal (X) axis IS a category axis. Only an XY chart has a value horizontal axis. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "FHW at EAD" <FHW at EAD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E52B4E4C-9DC6-41F5-84B2-3BC637C56591@microsoft.com... >I saved a Chart Template [Line Plot Type]...

Assign a value to a cell
I'll apreciate your help with this in A1 i have a value in days that is used to make several calculations but I need it to change if a specific condition is given something lik this: A1=300 If b1<a1 then a1=b1 where b1 is a value calculated somewhere else. Thank you for your help. Rodolf -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try the following formula in A1: =MIN(B1,300) Frank > I'll apreciate your help with this > > in A1 i have a value in days that is used to make several > calculations, but I need it to change if a specific condition is > giv...

Cntl Key move/select to change in value
Just another convenience key sequence to make my life easier. Sure, maybe I could do it with a macro. But, it seems like a nice little obvious addition to regular functionality. Cntl-Alt down arrow moves you down to where the value changes. Cntl-alt-shift selects to change. Up, down, right, left of course. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the s...

IF statement with FALSE value being text AND cell reference? #3
Once again, figured it out on my own. Oh, and thanks for the repl Frank. Needed to use the ROUND function: =IF(D9>1,D9*D8,"<" & ROUND((D9*D10),2) -- jcob ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jcob2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1560 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27157 ...

Check for Values
Hi I have 2 tables, requirements and stock on hand. In the requirement table, I have a part number, qty and due date and a related record in the stock on hand table using part number showing current stock. My question is can I use a query (and how!) to tell me a) I have enough stock to fulfil the requirements and b) If not at what date will I not be able to fulfil the requirements and by how many? Have been working on this for a while, and cant work it out Regards Alec Alec You are there, we are not ... the following may not fit your situation ... If you have a [Par...

Changing the Text alignment of editbox at runtime
hello everybody I am having a problem using editbox control At runtime I can not change the text alignment of the editbox I have searched all the methods and even all the messages but can't find any solution The problem is I Have To use an editbox control in my dialogbox and I want to set the alignment of text left/Right & Center according to user input Thanx try 1. setWindowLong 2. SetTextAlign 3. PARAFORMAT structure may be one of them will work Best of luck You would change the style using SetWindowLong() using GWL_STYLE and the style you want ES_CENTER, ES_LEFT, or ES_RIG...

Save only values of one sheet
Hi, If I save a workbook as .CSV, Excel only saves the values of the current sheet in a *.CSV-file. Can I do EXACTLY the same - saving only values of the current sheet - in an *.XLS file (and of course in an XLS-format!). Eventually, formatting elements (like background and font colors) may also be saved. Thanks for any help. Anja. Just copy the sheet to a new workbook (right-click on the sheet tab, select Move or Copy from the menu, select (new book) from the To book dropdown, and check the Create a copy option, then OK), and save that new workbook. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the...

links+hold old value
i want to link 2 cells A + B cell A is a calculation (D+E) copy + paste works for that. But i want to change values D+E reguarly,and at the same time create new cells for the new answers(i sill need the old answers) Alan Hi not really sure what you're trying to achieve. Could you give a specific example -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany mavman wrote: > i want to link 2 cells A + B cell A is a calculation (D+E) copy + > paste works for that. > But i want to change values D+E reguarly,and at the same time create > new cells for the new answers(i sill need the old...

pasting values #2
I am working on a template which evaluates all the markets in which we do business in. I have information on the some of the markets but not all of them so i have filtered by NonBlanks so display all of the valid information. I now have found new information on the countries that have NonBlank and would like to paste them to my sheet as they are in the same order of my filtered template. However, when I paste the information it disregards the filter and pastes it on the sheet containing all the data. Naturally, the information is not pasted in the right cells. I have gotten arou...