'server busy' timeout settings

Hi,
I'm calling a fucntion in VB from MFC (using COM). Sometimes, the function
takes a while, and I'm getting the 'server busy' message. How can I set the
timeout so I won't get this message?
Does anyone know?
Regards,
Ram.

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Ram Baruch" <ram_ba_ruch@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message news:<#zdxmoeWEHA.500@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>...
> Hi,
> I'm calling a fucntion in VB from MFC (using COM). Sometimes, the function
> takes a while, and I'm getting the 'server busy' message. How can I set the
> timeout so I won't get this message?
> Does anyone know?
> Regards,
> Ram.

I had the same problem while calling lengthy Excel macros from an MFC
app.  I think the solution was to call

    AfxOleGetMessageFilter()->SetMessagePendingDelay(large-number);

or

    AfxOleGetMessageFilter()->EnableNotRespondingDialog(FALSE);

after COM/OLE had been initialized by AfxOleInit() in InitInstance().

Graham
0
graham_f (5)
6/25/2004 3:50:54 AM
Hi Ram,

FYI, there is an MSDN KB article targeting on this issue:

HOWTO: Prevent Server Busy Dialog Box From Appearing During a Lengthy COM
Operation
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=248019

Thanks!

Best regards,

Gary Chang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

--------------------

0
v-garych (605)

One domain on exchange server not accepting connections
I setup a second domain on an Exchange 2003 server, and thought everything was working. Now, though, mail going to the second domain gets rejected, but mail going to the original domain is still working. I can telnet to the original domain, but not to the second domain. I've checked everything I know to check (I've setup plenty of domains on Exchange servers, so I believe I've gotten the setting correct), but I just can't get it to work. The MX records are correct, and mail.theseconddomain.com resolves to the right IP address (the same IP as mail.originaldomain.com), so it sh...

setting up account for outlook?
Can anyone help me? Im new at this and would like to e-mail a friend whos over in iraq! Talk to your ISP - they will give you all the information you need to set up your account. We cannot. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Rasheem asked: | Can anyone help me? Im new at this and would like to e-mail a friend | whos over in iraq! ...

Exchange Server error message
I'm getting this error message from our exchange server 'error 552 too much mail data'. We have enough disk space on the server and we have no limits configured. Any ideas would be appreciated. "techman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm getting this error message from our exchange >server 'error 552 too much mail data'. We have enough disk >space on the server and we have no limits configured. Any >ideas would be appreciated. Does this happen for ALL messages, or just some? It may be that the message contains a line ...

OWA Display Settings
Is there a method to clear the Web Access Display Settings (i.e. Color Schemes, Preview Pane setup) from the server side of the application for either a single user or all OWA users? Also, I've had several users report that if they've attempted to access their OWA mailbox in FireFox, they lose the way messages are normally displayed in the OWA client where each message basically has two lines, one line for who it came from and when and the next line for the subject. After logging to OWA with Firefox, all of the information is displayed on a single line. This is on a Windows...

Installed Exchange 2003 Server on new Hardwar... How to get rid of old Exchange 2000 Server?
Hi, Our single domain company (Win 2000 DC's) was running a single Exchange 2000 server. I bought a new server, installed Windows 2003 Server on it, joined it to the domian (non-DC) and then installed Exchange 2003 Server on that and joined it to the site. I then pointed our MX records towards the new box. As soon as I verified connectivity, I began moving user's mailboxes over 1 by 1. Everyone is now running smoothly on the new server. I have not as of yet removed the old server (still on, running, no mialboxes). The problem is, that as soon as I turn off the old Exchange 2000 s...

Do I have to put my files on a server to hyperlink in Publisher?
For a class project, we need to make a website. However I do not want to go live with the site (publish the site) for security purposes. Is there a way I can just make the hyperlinks for my files open without having to be on a server? The instructor wants a working but not live site. TJ If you are using Pub 2003, the built-in navigation bar uses relative links that will work on your local machine. Under Help type "navigation" for more information. Assuming you use the default setting, when you Publish to the Web, you can direct the html output to a folder on your computer. T...

set a reminder to print or edit in an excel document
Is there a way to set a reminder to print part of a workbook or edit a workbook on a certain day. I need to print and edit a workbook on a certain day at a certain time, but I can never remember to do this. Is there any way of setting a reminder alarm or notification. Thanks > Is there a way to set a reminder to print part of a workbook or edit a > workbook on a certain day. ... If you have Excel, you might be using Outlook also. Both are part of Office 2003. Outlook has a "calendar" feature that pops up reminders the user can schedule. I use it all the ti...

Error
Hello to all. I am a CRM newbie.... and I am looking for a little help... We installed Microsoft CRM v1.2 on a Windows SBS2003 server. We followed the Microsoft Business Solutions CROM Implementation Guide - SBS2003 section - during the installation. During the install, we created a new CRM website in IIS, and added a host header ("crm") and added "crm" to the DNS on the server. So far, so good. But, we have a problem whenever I choose Start->Programs->Microsoft CRM->Workflow Manager.... The Workflow Manager Logon window is displayed. I am prompted to enter th...

Business Portal Req Management
It would nice to display vendor name and Gl descripition when adding requisition lines. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=79a610a0-cc0e-42ae-971d-8475ebe909d...

need basic help setting up a graph
Hello, I am trying to set up a chart of days and times. The X- axis shoul have the days of the week (mon, tues, etc) and the Y - axis should hav various times of the day. I would like to have a line from on specific time on one day to another specific time on the next. So, point would be monday at 10:00 and the next would be tuesday at 1:00 followed by wednesday at 12:00, etc. Any suggestions?? Thanks fo your help Davi -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi David, See my attachment. Is that the situation you explained? I use formula =IF(B2<0.5,B2+1,B2) in column ...

Business Contact Manager #33
Is anyone else experiencing ongoing problems with Business Contact Manager/Outlook 03. It operates ok then for no reason it just crashes & burns. Where can i go for help? agreed! it has never worked well for me either! I need to uninstall and reinstall about 1/mo. Thought I would find some answers here, but no luck. I am going to check for updates >-----Original Message----- >Is anyone else experiencing ongoing problems with >Business Contact Manager/Outlook 03. It operates ok then >for no reason it just crashes & burns. Where can i go for >help? >. > i...

start app without setting focus
Hi, i want to start my app (modless dialog) and I do not want, that my application gets the focus. How can I realize that? I tried such tings like GetForeGroundWindow()->SetFocus, but nothing worked. Everytime my app has the focus (wether running hidden with tray icon or showed). Does anybody has some ideas how I can do that? thanks a lot, Holger -- www.kreissl.info In CDialog::OnInitDialog() return FALSE instead of TRUE -- With Regards Alok Gupta Visit me at http://alok.bizhat.com "I Believe this will Help" "Holger Krei�l" <n...

Set Left and Right Margins in Headers and Footers
How do I set the left and right margins in headers and footers in Excel Select, File, Page Setup and the Margins tab. Bob Flanagan Macro Systems http://www.add-ins.com Productivity add-ins and downloadable books on VB macros for Excel "Simon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FAD168AF-D83F-418A-8A72-4C0C28E8A192@microsoft.com... > How do I set the left and right margins in headers and footers in Excel Thank you for your response While I can see that this sets the Vertical position (Top and Bottom) of the headers and footers it does not set the...

how to Share Outlook on a win 2003 server
Hi I have Outlook 2003 and want to share it between users on my win 2003 server How does one do this? I have search outlook help etc, have not really found a clear answer. Thanks Phil Share Outlook how? The program? The files? Have many profiles running one version of Outlook? Please be more specific. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Phil <phillip@pmassociates.com.au> asked: | Hi I have Outlook 2003 and want to share it between users | on my win 2003 server |...

Report Server Error 09-28-07
After uninstalling MSCRM from my server, I tried installing it again. This has led me to the problem of the report server. I'm using the default server name http://<servername>/reportserver and it's still not realizing that it is actually there and fully running. I've checked the Services section of my server and also checked the individual server status. Both are running within normal parameters. Before the uninstall, the report server was running properly and CRM recognised that it was actually there. Any ideas? ....reed Is this SQL Server 2000 or 2005 SRS? 1. Fo...

Coping Saw w/ 5 Pc Blade Set
Price:$5.99 Image: http://thediscountlocator.info/image.php?id=B0006UOV8G Best deal: http://thediscountlocator.info/index.php?id=B0006UOV8G Coping Saw w/ 5 Pc Blade Set Zinc plated steel body construction. 3 ½ Lacquered hardwood handle is small enough not to get in the way yet large enough to get a good grip. Very thin and compact design makes it easy to get into tight areas. 5 tempered blades: 1- medium for cutting woods, 1-fine for thick metal or hardwood, 1- extra fine for thin metal or thin woods, 2- hacksaw blades for all metals. Blades are easy to replace, just unscrew the ha...

Free/Busy data setting in OWA
We implemented Exchange 2003 and pushed a client setting to all users to extend the number of months available in free/busy to 12 months with a group policy. It works fine if everyone is using the outlook client when they are in the office. But, if a user works at home one day or goes to a conference and does anything that updates the free/busy data, the OWA overwrites the users free/busy data setting it back to 2 months of free/busy available. Where can I set the free/busy data number of months available, in OWA? Is it a policy setting? On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 13:54:01 -0800, SKS <sks...

Restoring Business Portal 4.0 and SharePoint Services 3.0
We are in the middle of trying to restore Business Portal 4.0 and SharePoint Services 3.0 from one environment to another( Dev to TEST). This includes GP data as well. The Business Portal Dev server points to a GP dev server and the I am wondering if anyone else does this? I think we have it pretty much solved. But there a couple things still not working quite right. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks Scott, Thanks for using the newsgroups. What you're doing is quite common. Customers often set up Business Portal in a test environment and verify prior to going live. Int...

OWA cant send emails, error with SMTP Virtual Server
i have a server setup at home that is connected to a ISP that does not allow SMTP from another domain. I created a a new connector to send emails using the ISP smtp server. Exchange System Manager failed to retrieve queues for the SMTP Virtual Server (error code = 0x800706BE). Check the event log and verify that the required services are running. i cannot send or receive emails using OWA ...

Can a front end server (OWA) also accept all mail for an organization
Hi, I was wondering if an Exchange front end server (OWA) could also act as the main server to receive mail before sending it on to an Exchange Cluster Server? Thanks, Dan Yes. You have to have the Information Store service started for this IIRC, but it can act as an SMTP Gateway. You would just point the mapping for port 25 on your firewall to the FE server. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Dan" <dfulmek@accuwareinc.com> wrote in message news:exxQ$aCqFHA.2652@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I was wondering if an Exchange front end server (OW...

Set a value on a form
I use the following code to open a form DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria Is there any way to pass data to the form (through the constructor) or to set the value of a label on the form Thank you, Samuel You can use the OpenArgs argument to pass a value to the new form, and then use the new form's Load event to read the value and put it into a control on itself. First step -- pass the value: DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria, , "ValueToPass" Second step - read the value and use it; this code goes with the Load event of the stDocName form: ...

Cannot use default SMTP Virtual Server
Hello All, I this problem since yesterday Actually I post this already and get some reply but that doesnt solve it. Again my problem is: I have newly setuo exhcange 2003 (SBS 2003) everythng works fine until I test for open relay (using telnet om port 25) and found that it was indeed open. So I check KB and follow intruction to allo only this IP block to relay mail 192.168.0.0 255.255.255.0 but when I try to telnet again the server on port 25 I cannot connecto it anymore. I restarted the service even the server itself but still I cannot connect to it. NOTE: I can connect with port...

Missing default SMTP virtual server
I have just been given the task to configure the IMF in our exchange setup, but have found what appears to be a problem. The Default SMTP Virtual Server is missing. Is there any way to re-instate it, or is this a sign of potentially bigger problems in our setup? Regards Chris Bartholomeusz Are you sure this was not just renamed? Do you see any virtual servers under SMTP Protocols. If yes then work with that to enable IMF. cheers, Alexander Zammit WinDeveloper Software IMF Tune - Unleash the Full Intelligent Message Filter Power http://www.windeveloper.com/imftune/ "Barton1967&q...

On-line quotes server does not work
OK - there are numerous posts in this Newsgroup stating that the on-line update to stock quotes and news does not work - everyone getting the "unable to connect to quotes server" error. Is it working for anyone? I switched from Quicken to Money and I'm about to switch back - at least Quicken can do something as simple as downloading quotes from a server reliably. Anyone home at Microsoft? On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 21:40:12 -0800, "Anyone home at Microsoft? Hello?" <fbella@aol.com> wrote: > >OK - there are numerous posts in this Newsgroup stating >that...

How to migrate all account settings?
Hello - I bought myself a new computer and want to migrate Outlook from one to the other. The "content" (i.e. contacts, calendar, etc.) I was able to transfer by copying over the Outlook.pst file. But how can I migrate all the account settings? I found no "export" functionality. Do I REALLY have to define all that stuff anew??? Or is there a file or a registry subtree that contains all these settings so that I can transfer them all in a single swoop? Michael Recreate your accounts manually. You won't be happy with any of the transfer Wizards. They don't wo...