[SDI] Switching between splitter window and second view

Hello

I have a SDI application which creates two distinct views.
One of them is a splitter window with two views inside.
Both splitter window and the second view live through entire application
life cycle.

I want to switch between the splitter window and the second view in any
given moment.
I don't know how to tell the frame window that the view window to resize
has changed (the frame resizes the splitter only).

There is an example of changing active view in SDI application but in my
case on of the window is not a view but a splitter.

Thank you
si
0
nomail3347 (16)
2/26/2006 6:21:20 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Windows mail
Hi I am having problems sending my e-mail from my windos mail. Every time I try to send an e-mail this small box pops up saying verify that your password and user name is correct then when I press cancel I get an error message stating there were problems sending the message. Can someone help me please? "Shan" <Shan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90403F57-D2E5-42F5-885B-BB884FBC8A23@microsoft.com... > Hi I am having problems sending my e-mail from my windos mail. Every time > I > try to send an e-mail this small box pops up saying v...

Restore Window
I have several forms that when they are active they are maximized using DoCmd.Maxized in the On Activate Event. The only issue I am having is there is the Restore Window in the top right portion of the window. I don't want the user to have the option to restore the window. I am using a function to remove the control box from the Access container - fActivateControlBox(False). I have the properties for Control Box set to No, Min Max to No, and Close set to No, but I don't see anything for Restore Window. Can this be done? Alas, no can remove that however you can put code i...

Windows XP to Vista
My old desktop computer (Windows XP) died that had MS Office Professional Edition 2003 load. I replaced the desktop with a laptop (Vista). Is there a way to load the software to Vista? -- Magnolia Start by putting the installation CD into the CD drive. Daddy "Magnolia" <Magnolia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCD6E06C-DC67-4493-95BA-F2F9C36E0BDE@microsoft.com... > My old desktop computer (Windows XP) died that had MS Office Professional > Edition 2003 load. I replaced the desktop with a laptop (Vista). Is > there > a way...

The Form Required To View this Message....
I recently had to do a reinstall of Outlook 98 and since doing this I am now receiving the error message "The form required to view this message cannot be displayed. Contact your administrator." This occurs when I am trying to open the envelope of an attached message. the envelop icon seems to have changes to a more yellow one than I had before also. As I don't have an administrator, so where can I get the form from? Regards, Murray ...

Catch Mouse lbutton on window border?
Hey, When the mouse goes over to the edge of a window its cursor changes to a left right arrow (letting us know to resize the window). How do I capture the lbuttondown when it is in this position, not just the OnSize event. Thanks, Wayne "Wayne Ransier" <vsense@netcarrier.com> wrote in message news:uG1cHmdjDHA.1456@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hey, > > When the mouse goes over to the edge of a window its cursor changes to a > left right arrow (letting us know to resize the window). How do I capture > the lbuttondown when it is in this position, not just the O...

kbid=905809 Exchange 2003 and Windows 2003 SP1 Delegation
Hi I need more info please with the problem documented below http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=905809 I have many Exchange servers and over 50 000 users, 1) Do I need to stop and start any of the system attendant services? 2) Do I need to run the SC command on every exchange server? Riccardo <dskjfhadskjgaskjdhgf@ajhsgdfkjsahgfksajh.sdjhfgsakjhdgfsadjhg.s> wrote: >Hi I need more info please with the problem documented below > >http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=905809 > >I have many Exchange servers and over 50 000 users, > >1) Do I need to stop and start any o...

Uanble to access Reports (401) without windows Domains login
Hi all, I have the following problem regarding the Reports in CRM. If I open the CRM web client with a user that has not logged on to the domain during login to windows I'am unable to open the report list. Setup is as following: Box 1: SQL Server, Box 2: Reporting Services, Box 3: CRM Server. All boxes are trusted for delegation. If I logon to the domain during windows logon everything works fine. I open the CRM Web Client and can watch the report list and run the reports. The time I change my windows logon to 'Workstation only' I get a 401 unauthorized Exception if I try to ...

Contacts View
We have setup are contacts by first name, last name. Can this be changed so that everyone views them by last name, first name "Brian McFarland" <BrianMcFarland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CDD39DFB-02EA-42D2-86F1-D5128D683638@microsoft.com... > We have setup are contacts by first name, last name. > > Can this be changed so that everyone views them by last name, first name Settings/Organization/System Settings. I believe it doesn't update the existing records, until you make a change to the name...such as adding a space, which gets tri...

NewsMaestro Usenet Supertool v. 4.0.4 for Windows/Linux/Unix
Version 4.0.4 Maintenance Release * Improvements in job list processing for new installations. * Bug fixes. * Miscellaneous improvements. Version 4.0.3 Maintenance Release * In several previous releases, some class files were missing. As a result, the program would not run. * Several improvements and optimizations. Version 4.0.2 Job List Release * Added the ability to schedule and run multiple jobs with different periodicity. * Numerous other improvements and optimizations. NewsMaestro 4.0.1 Hail Democracy Release. * New feature - Bulk Resurrect mode. See documentation. But befor...

Uninstall a recent Windows Security update in XP
A recent MS update from 11/11/09 named "Security Update for Microsoft Office Excel 2007 (KB973593)" has caused a major flickering problem with a specific Excel macro file I use. The file is still functional and I am seeking a fix but would like to uninstall that specific update in the short run. I am able to do this easily on my Vista machine but not on XP. Any help will be greatly appreciated. John N try a system restore point to undue the change to the system files. -- db·´¯`·...¸><)))º> DatabaseBen, Retired Professio...

Group View #2
Hello, I need to create group views for 50 users. They to have each other's names in thru groups. Is there a way that I can do this on the server so I don't have to have a user log in and then add the name of each person? Is there a better way to view a lot of calendars in Exchange? The interface is Outlook 2003 Thanks. ...

Open Multiple Windows in O2k3
Hi, We just upgraded out user base to Outlook 2k3. For the most part it has been taken well, but there are a few individuals with set ways of working that are having an issue. In O2k, they would open Outlook, and then open a seperate window for their calendar, and another for their contacts. They tend to read mail in a full window (and dislike the reading pane with a passion) so they would then toggle between the inbox and calendar by using the task bar icons. I have not found a way to duplicate this behavior in 2k3. Is it possible, or did the re-write to conform to OWA kill t...

Transfer Text and Windows Vista
I have been transferring text to a .txt file from an application designed in A2007 on Windows XP. It run as expected: DoCmd.TransferText acExportFixed, _ "ExportSpec01", "qryExportQuery", _ "C:\DataExport\DataFile01.txt", False, "" When I run the same code on my Vista Buisness PC, I get Error 3011...."could not find the object 'DataFile01'. Make sure it exists or the....." I test the path by creating the txt file manually and openining it from the application, this works fine with Application.Followhyperlink. (The file...

How to make CStatic been on top of all child windows in my dialog?
Hi there. I'm just expiriencing some problems with CStatic behaviour. The point is that I have some CStatic that I want to use as a nitification label. sometimes I need to show user some information and I want to do that the way when a Label appeare in the middle of the dialog and stay on top of all other controls placed o dialog. I use the following functions to make a CStatic visible and been on top, but it doesn't work well: ::SetWindowPos(m_lblPartsMsg.m_hWnd, HWND_TOPMOST, 0, 0, 0, 0, SWP_NOMOVE | WP_NOSIZE ); Coudl you suggest me what I have to do to acchive the behaviour I ...

How to know whether a window has been maximized?
thanks! GetWindowPlacement You can check the status of the nType variable in OnSize event of the window if it is SIZE_MAXIMMIZED then window is maximized. CWnd::IsZoomed Regards, Victor "Bill Gates" <billgates@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:#IWJgGwfGHA.4892@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > thanks! > > Both answers are correct. The test in OnSize tells you if it is *being* maximized; the IsZoomed test tells you if its *current state* is maximized. Both are useful, depending on what you are trying to accomplish. joe On Wed, 24 May 2006 15:13:53 +0800,...

Outlook 2007 and Windows 7
After installing Office 2007 on Windows 7 machine, I get no new mail sound, pop up notifications or the new unread mail icon in task bar. Every thing else seems to work fine. Any hints? are the icons in the overflow? -- -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What v...

Deleted items view issue
I have one user who can not see their deleted items [Exchange Server 2000] under Outlook 2003 beta but can view them under Outlook XP. All other users can view all folders under both versions of Outlook just fine. I have reinstalled, deleted items and restored them, checked all settings I can think of and nothing seems to help. Any thoughts are appreciated. ...

resizable window in MFC
Hello, it is possible to create a MFC dialog window that resize all the child controls it has automatically? I mean, I have at the bottom right some buttons, and I want that as the user enlarge/decrease the size of the window all the buttons are rescaled/repositioned automatically. Actually I do all the calculations myself on the OnSize, and it's boring :) Any help? Many thanks, Luca Luca wrote: > it is possible to create a MFC dialog window that resize all the child > controls it has automatically? I mean, I have at the bottom right some > buttons, and I want that as th...

How to migrate the address view
In our testing Exchange 5.5 environment, we have a large number of address view set for use to search the GALs, DLs and contacts. However, I don't know how to migrate to Exchang 2003 server, would you tell me how to do that? Thank you ...

Merging duplicate accounts that Money 2006 doesn't view as duplicate
I'm having the same problem that the guy in this post had: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.money/browse_thread/thread/ab93827a633d598/d1266cc1b241fcb3?q=duplicate+accounts&rnum=15#d1266cc1b241fcb3 My wife and I have a shared account and an individual account and so I had to setup logins to both accounts to get all of the accounts. Now it won't let me merge the two accounts that are actually one account and so it has double entries for all of the entries in that account. What can I do to fix this? Thanks, Dave ...

POPUP window loose the focus
Hi All, I have class CDesigner which is inherited from CWnd. I have object of this class named m_Designer in parent window class. Using m_Designer object I create pop-up window using method m_Designer.CreateEx(.......). This method have parameter DWORD dwStyle. Here I set the value WS_POPUPWINDOW. Now i have two windows one is parent which is at background and in deactivated state. POPUP window is on top and in active state. Now the problem I have is that when I launch the POPUP window and press the CTRL key at that time POPUP window lost the focus and it's parent window b...

Sending Skype snapshotes via Windows Live e-mail
Why can I not send Skype snapshots via Windows Live e-mail when I already have a Windows Live account? Or, better yet, how can I resolve this so I can send Pictures? I am using Windows Vista Home Basic. Thank you. You haven't given us much to go on. What happens when you try? Do you get an error message? If so, right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here. We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.=20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com &quo...

VBA
MSGBOX requires a prompt, but how can I display a message that displays for a set number of seconds and then clears it's self, with out pauseing the procedure that call the display. The Process that I have rrunning takes nearly a minute and I would like to display a brief message at different stages to keep users entertained, so they don't expect that it failed... Write your own form. Set its TImerInterval property appropriately (10000 will give you 10 seconds), then put code to close the form in the form's Timer event. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/Dou...

Watch Window
Hi, Please can someone explain the purpose of a watch window? I have created a 26mb excel file which I use as an ordering system. I order each month to cover two months worth of stock. In my excel sheet I have used 2 colours black = I have 2 months stock red = a minus figure showing I will run out before 2 months are over based of course of current rate of sale. Point being I would like to create a button on the sheet I can click to show me all reds which are minus figures to show me which lines I will run out of stock before the two months are over.... How can I acheive this task by a) ...

reference to dialog bars in main window
Hello I have created a dialogbar that displays upon starting my program. I have several functions in my CView class that I would like to be able to reference that dialogBar and update information therein. How do I get a reference to this dialogbar? I am assuming that I would get a reference to the main or parent window and that would do it? Thanks for the help Jason Wolfe Presumably your dialog bar object is a member of CMainFrame (or other CFrameWnd derived class)... You get AfxGetMainWnd() to obtain the pointer to the main application window. Thus, in your view class you can use: CMai...