"Save as" in IE programatically

 When you view an image in IE you can right click and choose save as to save
the file to the local machine. I would like to "move" or copy that image
into a predefined directory. The thought is why download it again if it's
already on my computer. I would like to avoid the unnecessary "save as"
step. Any ideas how I could achieve this with active-x?

TIA,
Bill

0
bill (8)
8/20/2003 8:40:48 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Try URLDownloadToFile/URLDownloadToCacheFile.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

"Bill Levis" <bill@voicenet.com> wrote in message
> When you view an image in IE you can right click and choose save as to
save
> the file to the local machine. I would like to "move" or copy that image
> into a predefined directory. The thought is why download it again if it's
> already on my computer. I would like to avoid the unnecessary "save as"
> step. Any ideas how I could achieve this with active-x?
>
> TIA,
> Bill

0
ajaykalra (6842)

Save As problem in Excel 97
I have a problem with Save As when saving to a network drive. I am able to read the drive and also move files to and from the drive. Also I can open an Excel document, make changes and save it with no problem. When I create a new document and try to save it with a Save As I get the following message: H:/---/file isn't accessible unavailable volume or invalid password. TIA Dean Dean Reports indicate the issue is caused by Windows XP update Q885250. Uninstalling it appears to resolve the problem. To uninstall Q885250 go to Control Panels>Add Remove and click on "Show Up...

Save As a "Read-Only" Doc to Regular doc
Hi Everyone, What I essentially need to do is to create a "Master" form that everyone can use but won't be able to save on top of Master. so that's why I'm making the form as "Read-Only" however I notice that if another user just Save As the file to another name the "Read-Only" option still stay with the new doc, and if I put "Password to Modify" that password still also stay with the new document the user save as. Is there a way to do this so that neither the "Read-Only" nor the "Password to Modify" will ...

save as cell reference
I have an invoice that references contract information and populate itself when opened. This is used by many different agents in my office I am trying to get it to save to a specific drive, (J:drive), and want it to save automically when the document is sent via faxcom. have been using a macro button to print and save, but i cannot get i to automically change the name when opening. The document is called Builders Choice Invoice and I want the cel containing clients name (g18) to automatically be the new filename. Can this be done? Please help. Thanks, Vat -- Message posted from http://ww...

Automatic save as for CSV
I have a list of csv files that I need to open re-format and then close the file and re-name so that I can import into Access. (Access doesn't recogonize the current name with dashes). I am manually doing a "save as" now. I was also hoping to sequentially name the files for instance, logfile1, logfile2, logfile3, logfile4 etc... Can it be done? If I add it to the bottom of my format macro it would all be in one step. Thanks -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-excel/201004/1 I'm not sure how you have that list or wh...

create folder and save as
I'm distributing a spreadsheet among some inexperienced computer users. I want them to enter a place (eg Birmingham) into a cell named 'account_name', and a date into a cell named 'date_taken' on a sheet named 'Grad Info'. I then want them to click on a button which will automatically save the workbook as filename: 'account_name date_taken', to a folder named 'Beacon' - checking if the folder exists in My Documents and creating it if it doesn't. I'm an inexperienced user of macros and VBA and know that many respondents on this forum ar...

save as problem
I'm experiencing an interesting problem with my excel since a few days ago. By default when you want to save a document with another name in Excel, then after you select save as, Excel wants to save it in the same directory where the original file is. Since a few days ago, when I select save as, Excel wants to save the file in the default directory (set in Tools -> Options -> General tab), and I have to browse to the correct folder. I did not install any programs or updates. Is there a way to change this setting back to default? Thanks for Your help in advance Kind Regards Gaus...

"Save" and "Save As" dialog box does not appear.
Can't "Save" or "Save As" from "File" menu. The dialog box simply does not appear. Check for viruses with latest AV definitions. "gdv" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:082b01c3aff0$5abb1dd0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Can't "Save" or "Save As" from "File" menu. The dialog box > simply does not appear. Just a little more info: There was a virus that affected the File|Save, File|SaveAs and File|Open. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308360 OFF2000: Error Messages Caused ...

Save template, then save as excel Wbk
???? More info please We are not clairvoyant -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "Andrew" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA7FAD39-0802-4260-A26F-6AEC9448B275@microsoft.com... > ...

Save as Template and Permissions
Project Server 2007 and WSS: In the Save as Template page for a site we found the warning: Caution: Item security is not maintained in a template. Does it means that all the permissions we set in 'Site Settings > Advanced permissions' will be lost? Thanks Yes it will be lost. You cannot preserve security in templates. In some cases you can preserve content, but not permissions. -- Gary L Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCITP msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com FAQs and Reference http://www.projectserverexperts.com BLOG: http://projectserverhelp.com "X...

Changing Outlook's default "Save As" directory
Is there any way to change the default "Save As" directory under Outlook 2000 through the registry? What is happening is that users are opening attachments, editing them and then saving them using "File\Save As" . The problem here is that the default "Save As" directory is supposedly some randonly generated folder that starts with "OLK" and has a couple of numbers added to it. (OLK52). The problem with this is that alot of the times they cannot locate the attachment to work with again, plus the fact is that we have DeepFreeze installed on these PC&#...

save as .csv
Cell with content: "Yahoo" will be saved as """Yahoo""" in csv file. The same thing will happen with txt format. Yahoo will be saved as: Yahoo but "Yahoo" will be saved as: """Yahoo""" Is there a way to save "Yahoo" as "Yahoo" in csv or txt format. Thanks. Take a look at http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html#csvnoquotes In article <86BF0153-90EF-419C-A3AF-D5D90F59D709@microsoft.com>, Miljan <Miljan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Cell with content: "...

save as #5
Where is "save as" option in Excel 2007? I have a spreadsheet on USB drive and would like to save it to my hard drive. Mark click on the round logo of the Office in the upper-left corner of the Excel window -- KL [MVP - Microsoft Excel] RU: http://www.mvps.ru/Program/Default.aspx ES: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/?LN=es-es EN: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/?LN=en-us Profile: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile=AB32F8EE-8ED3-4AB9-ADDA-9E6C73C09A36 "Mark" <dxt44@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uRDm2CaXHHA.3272@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Where is ...

Cognos Impromptu Save As Excel with Format
I am running Cognos Series 7 Version 3 client and often export data to Excel. When I perform "Save As...", with "Save as type: Excel with Format" I get a file that appears to be an Excel file. (I am using Office 2003 SP3) However, if I then attempt "Save As..." in Excel, the default "Save as type:" is "Single File Web Page (*.mht; *.mhtml)". Not a big problem unless the file is very large which may cause the file to take several minutes to open or not open at all. I would appreciate any suggestions. Did anyone ever answer you? We...

How to call a filename as per information in a cell when using `save as`
I wish to open a templete and input information then when I click on the save button it saves it and calls the file the same name as information in a particular cell. Is this Poss. Hi put the following code in your workbook module Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As _ Boolean) dim fname application.enableevents=false fname=me.worksheets("sheet1").range("A1").value fname=fname&".xls" me.savesas fname application.enableevents=true Cancel = True End Sub -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Dave wrote: > I wish t...

Excel 2002 crashing during "Save As" action.
I am having a problem when using "Save As" on a particular workbook I have developed. The workbook contains three separate sheets each containing a number of macros. Each time I "save as" I get the standard "Microsoft Excel has encountered a problem message". Interestingly I do not have a problem when I perform a standard "save" on the workbook, only when I try and change it's name using "save as". One way I have found to work around this is to select the "Manual" option for Calculations on the Tools/Options menu. Lead...

Macro help to shorten "Save As" for emails
In a perfect world I would be able to create a macro that looks at an email (like a rule does) and "Save As" to a file folder on our server (not an exchange folder). I've done a search in this newsgroup to no avail. One person asked but they were using Express. I have Outlook 2003. Any suggestions, code you can share or links you can recommend? Thanks to all. scrowley@littleonline.com At its most basic, a VBA procedure you could run as a rule action in Outlook 2002 or 2003 to save the message as an .msg file could be: Public Sub SaveAsSomething(MyMail as MailItem) ...

File SAVE AS ... use cell value as pasrt of name
It is possible to setup a macro to automatically save (SAVE AS) a workbook and use the value in a specific cell as part of the new file name. You could record a macro when you do a file|saveas and modify it slightly. I got this when I recorded one: ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="C:\My Documents\excel\book2.xls", _ FileFormat:=xlNormal, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", _ ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, CreateBackup:=False If I wanted to use Sheet1, A1 as the holder for the value: ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs _ Filename:="C:\My Do...

save as problem
I cant save my excel file The "save as" option is not eviable. Whats happening? "From a prior post by Ron DeBruin, You can reset your menubar to default. Right click menubar. Customize > Toolbars Tab. Select worksheet menubar. Click Reset button. Using VBA Application : CommandBars(""Worksheet menu bar"").Controls(""File"").Reset Or the whole menubar Application.CommandBars(1).Reset You lost the things you add to the menubar!!" ========================================================== And one link that offers some sugges...

Path\File name length problem Excel Crash on save as
I have a problem saving a file in code using: thisworkbook.SaveAs The problem is if the file and path length is greater than 150 then the Excel app crashes. I have tried this over a network as well as a local drive. Has anyone ever seen this problem? Thanks in advance, Stewart Rogers ...

Hi RES jjpgs made from SAVE AS option
I changed the registry in order to create 300 dpi jpg successfully ....however... its like the 1/3 bottom of the slide gets cropped off and any special effects on text (glow, underline) does weird things.. like go on another part of the slide.. not where its supposed to be. How can I have HI RES jpgs AND not have them cropped and act weird? In article <21F3701E-58C8-4F36-A445-FA167F19441F@microsoft.com>, Jsec wrote: > I changed the registry in order to create 300 dpi jpg successfully > ....however... its like the 1/3 bottom of the slide gets cropped off and any >...

Defining a Cell for Save as file name
We are using excel as an information gathering tool on a piece of equipment that uses a "touch screen" technology. This works great untill it comes to the "save as" command, which requires a key board to enter a file name. The file is automated to gather all information from other sources, is there a way to default a cell value within the spread sheet to be the default file name in the "save as" file name entry. Currently it defaults to the template name and requires a type over. thanks for any feedback ...

how do i save as a .doc document? #2
How do i save a file as a .doc file? There are SCADS of reasons why you shouldn't and there are probably other ways to accomplish what you need. May I ask why you think you want to do that. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "al" <al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD85697F-152D-4038-AE50-735BF3D963B2@microsoft.com... > How do i save a file as a .doc file? I want to upload my resume to monster.com and it said I need it in a .doc file "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote: > There are SCADS of reasons why you shouldn't and the...

publisher 2010 beta wont print or save as pdf.
pls help C:\DOCUME~1\SHARON~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\3270187.cvr It wont let me copy the good stuff so this is all i have. it crashes and asks to send report to ms and then restarts. -- Sharon I'm running the RTM version and I can save to a .pdf. I haven't tried printing yet. I'll try tomorrow to see if it works for me. Has it ever worked? Without the full error message it's darned near impossible to help. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Sharon" <sjb@bla...

How to set SAVE AS file name to equal A1 contents when rename file
How can I set the SAVE AS file name to equal A1's cell contents? (More specifically, when I need to rename an existing open file and place my cursor in A1 and hit Save As, I need to new file name to automatically populate A1's cell contents so I don't have to retype the contents of A1.) ...

Line at top and left when using Save As jpeg
Publisher 2003: When I "Save As" JPEG, it creates lines at the edge of the paper. For Web (96dpi), there is no line. For Desktop (150dpi), there is a line at the top edge and left edge. For Commercial (300dpi), there is a line at the top edge. The lines are not visible in a normal view. But, when you print the JPG (reduced to fit within the printing margins), the lines appear on the paper; and when you view the JPG at great magnification (e.g. in "Preview"), you can see the lines. Do you know what creates the lines, or, more important, how to get rid of them? I conv...