"Dynamic cursors not supported by ODBC driver" Error for dynaset CRecordset

Platform:  Window 2003 Server Enterprise Edition, VC 2005 , ODBC version
3.52, MDAC 2.8, MSAccess2000 database

Hello

In our multithreaded VC++ application, we are accessing certain tables using
CRecordset (with dynaset properties set)

We are facing ODBC related error (for MS ACCESS database) i.e. "Dynamic
cursors not supported by ODBC driver". Error comes randomly, during opening
of a table. To open the tables we use command

CRecordset::Open( CRecordset::dynaset, strSQL, CRecordset::none ).

Can someone let me know what are the reasons for this particular
CDbException error to be thrown "AFX_SQL_ERROR_DYNAMIC_CURSOR_NOT_SUPPORT"

Any pointers would be of great help.

Thanks and Regards

Ganga

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

How are you opening the database?  Open()?  OpenEx()?

What parameters are you passing to CDatabase::Open(Ex)?

Mark

--
Mark Salsbery
Microsoft MVP - Visual C++

"Ganga Sridhar" <gangasridhar@abosoftware.com> wrote in message
> Platform:  Window 2003 Server Enterprise Edition, VC 2005 , ODBC version
> 3.52, MDAC 2.8, MSAccess2000 database
>
> Hello
>
> In our multithreaded VC++ application, we are accessing certain tables
> using
> CRecordset (with dynaset properties set)
>
> We are facing ODBC related error (for MS ACCESS database) i.e. "Dynamic
> cursors not supported by ODBC driver". Error comes randomly, during
> opening
> of a table. To open the tables we use command
>
> CRecordset::Open( CRecordset::dynaset, strSQL, CRecordset::none ).
>
> Can someone let me know what are the reasons for this particular
> CDbException error to be thrown "AFX_SQL_ERROR_DYNAMIC_CURSOR_NOT_SUPPORT"
>
> Any pointers would be of great help.
>
> Thanks and Regards
>
> Ganga

0
Mark
10/16/2007 9:04:17 PM
We are using CDatabase::OpenEx
Thanks and Regards

Ganga

"Mark Salsbery [MVP]" <MarkSalsbery[MVP]@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message
> How are you opening the database?  Open()?  OpenEx()?
>
> What parameters are you passing to CDatabase::Open(Ex)?
>
> Mark
>
> --
> Mark Salsbery
> Microsoft MVP - Visual C++
>

> "Ganga Sridhar" <gangasridhar@abosoftware.com> wrote in message
>> Platform:  Window 2003 Server Enterprise Edition, VC 2005 , ODBC version
>> 3.52, MDAC 2.8, MSAccess2000 database
>>
>> Hello
>>
>> In our multithreaded VC++ application, we are accessing certain tables
>> using
>> CRecordset (with dynaset properties set)
>>
>> We are facing ODBC related error (for MS ACCESS database) i.e. "Dynamic
>> cursors not supported by ODBC driver". Error comes randomly, during
>> opening
>> of a table. To open the tables we use command
>>
>> CRecordset::Open( CRecordset::dynaset, strSQL, CRecordset::none ).
>>
>> Can someone let me know what are the reasons for this particular
>> CDbException error to be thrown
>> "AFX_SQL_ERROR_DYNAMIC_CURSOR_NOT_SUPPORT"
>>
>> Any pointers would be of great help.
>>
>> Thanks and Regards
>>
>> Ganga

If you are using the CDatabase::useCursorLib flag, try not using it.

Mark

--

> We are using CDatabase::OpenEx
> Thanks and Regards
>
> Ganga
>
> "Mark Salsbery [MVP]" <MarkSalsbery[MVP]@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in
> message news:%23O2fegDEIHA.4544@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> How are you opening the database?  Open()?  OpenEx()?
>>
>> What parameters are you passing to CDatabase::Open(Ex)?
>>
>> Mark
>>
>> --
>> Mark Salsbery
>> Microsoft MVP - Visual C++
>>

>> "Ganga Sridhar" <gangasridhar@abosoftware.com> wrote in message
>>> Platform:  Window 2003 Server Enterprise Edition, VC 2005 , ODBC version
>>> 3.52, MDAC 2.8, MSAccess2000 database
>>>
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> In our multithreaded VC++ application, we are accessing certain tables
>>> using
>>> CRecordset (with dynaset properties set)
>>>
>>> We are facing ODBC related error (for MS ACCESS database) i.e. "Dynamic
>>> cursors not supported by ODBC driver". Error comes randomly, during
>>> opening
>>> of a table. To open the tables we use command
>>>
>>> CRecordset::Open( CRecordset::dynaset, strSQL, CRecordset::none ).
>>>
>>> Can someone let me know what are the reasons for this particular
>>> CDbException error to be thrown
>>> "AFX_SQL_ERROR_DYNAMIC_CURSOR_NOT_SUPPORT"
>>>
>>> Any pointers would be of great help.
>>>
>>> Thanks and Regards
>>>
>>> Ganga

0
Mark
10/17/2007 4:51:17 PM
You can get this error if you don't have a unique index on the table.
It's not the only cause, however!

Paul.

0
paul.ganney1 (118)