(2nd attempt)How to create CMainFrame-based dialog to display variable number of listboxes in a CFormView

Hello,

I have an app where I need to display a variable number of  CListBoxes (in a
single row) in a CFormView.

I don't know how to dynamically create the CListBoxes and attach them to the
CFormView, something that would normally be done through resources if it
were a fixed number of listboxes..

Could anyone give me an idea of  how to dynamically allocate and attach
controls and then any cleanup?

I also need to know how to manually hook up a CMainFrame with a CFormView,
as the AppWizard only creates something like that as a topmost window, I
think.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ivan

0
ivan (57)
9/25/2003 2:50:18 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

1.  Look at BOOL Create( DWORD dwStyle, const RECT& rect, CWnd* pParentWnd,
UINT nID ); member for the CListCtl.  That's how you dynamically create one
of those.  You have to set the style flags and the screen coordinates in the
rect and then make sure the nID is unique for each one (no two child windows
should have the same value for this).  Keep a CArray of CListCtrl objects in
the view.

2.  I don't know the answer but I might look inside the
CFrameWnd::CreateView implementation to see how its done for that class and
see what applies.  Not sure why you want to do that though, what's wrong
with just using the normal stuff that the appwizard generates for you that
has a CDialog based main window?  When you do weird things like this you
might get yourself into a little trouble.

"Ivan Starr" <ivan@ivanstarr.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have an app where I need to display a variable number of  CListBoxes (in
> single row) in a CFormView.
>
> I don't know how to dynamically create the CListBoxes and attach them to
the
> CFormView, something that would normally be done through resources if it
> were a fixed number of listboxes..
>
> Could anyone give me an idea of  how to dynamically allocate and attach
> controls and then any cleanup?
>
> I also need to know how to manually hook up a CMainFrame with a CFormView,
> as the AppWizard only creates something like that as a topmost window, I
> think.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ivan

0
river.ross (102)

number rounding in MS Excel

Problems with creating a newsletter

Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook

Display of UML State Transition Event
Dear Group, I am attempting to use the UML Statechart with a couple of states and a transition between them. I select properties, Events, Change Event type, say, and can see ChangeEvent1 in the property window but... ....when I Ok back to the drawing the ChangeEvent1 is not displayed by the transition. I can enter actions in a similar way and they are displayed. How cna I get the event visible too in the drawing? Surely this is the most important aspect of a transition i.e. what caused it, regards, Colin Smith ...

Phone Number Filtering

Fractions Number format

Roman and Arabic numbers in SEQ
Running 2003 on XP. Got a doc that has SEQ numbering. The code is: ARTICLE{seq level0\h\r0}{seq level1\h\r0} etc. to level 7 and the last entry is {seq level0\r1\*ROMAN) This displays ARTICLE I The next level down is has this code: {seq level0\c\*ROMAN}.{seq level1\r1 \*arabic} This displays as : I.1, with numbers until article five displaying as V.1, V.2, etc. I want it to display as 1.1, 1.2, etc. I tried replacing the ROMAN with arabic, but it didn't change anything. I have spent hours trying to figure this out. Using reveal formating and styles, they are no styles...

Invoice Numbers 10-27-07

Rounding Numbers #3

Creating a Macro to Delete Commas #2

TEMP environment variable
Hi, Does somebody know what happens when I write in the 'TEMP' environment variable more than one directory, seperated by a ';' (For example 'C:\windows\temp ; d:\temp')? Does the OSs (98, 2000, XP) know to use BOTH directories as a temporary directories? Regards, Ram ...

creating a backup on 2002 for Money 98

Problem displaying expected results with CString
I am writing a MFC program to import data from a single table database into a normalized database with numerous tables. The first component opens a recordset object to the database and performs some basic tests on the field value, and the plan is to write the records out to a spreadsheet that fail to meet any of the criteria defined for the field. Along with writing out the record, I want to populate a comments field describing what failed. I have tried to implement this with a CString variable; I initialize it to a blank string each time a new record is examined, and then as each field is che...

CRM Email Displays Size=2>

Auto calc YTD Numbers
Cells A1:L1 equal "Jan" thru "Dec". M1 equals "YTD". Cells A2:L2 equal numeric values. If you haven't guessed it already, I would like M2 to sum all the values A2:L2 for those months previous and including the current month (but not future months). What is the best way for going about this Here are 2 ways =SUM(OFFSET($A$2,,,,MATCH(TEXT(TODAY(),"mmm"),$A$1:$L$1,0))) or =SUM(OFFSET($A$2,,,,MONTH(TODAY()))) hopefully your computer's clock is accurate -- For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjo...

Sum a group of numbers
When I first started using Excel, if I had a bunch of different totals on a worksheet, I could hold down the right mouse button and cover the group I wanted to add. The sum of these numbers would appear on the bottom of either the worksheet or a task bar. I have lost the ability to do this. Or I have lost the task bar. How do I get it back? Hi Barbie, That would be the status bar. If it is not showing, go to View>Status Bar to turn it on. If the sum function is still not showing, right click anywhere on the status bar and select which option you want. HTH Martin "Barbie...