What Is the User Path for Deployment Similar to $(AppPath)?

Okay, you can have files installed into directories such as $(AppPath),
$(WinSysPath), and so forth, but what is the magic word to deploy files into
the User's path, that is C:/Documents and Settings/username/Application Data
and its equivalent in Vista/Windows 7?

I need to put user-specific files in place but can't figure out the magic
name.  Anyone?

0
sfdavidkaye2

start > run > %appdata% > ok

"David Kaye" <sfdavidkaye2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
| Okay, you can have files installed into directories such as $(AppPath),
| $(WinSysPath), and so forth, but what is the magic word to deploy files
into
| the User's path, that is C:/Documents and Settings/username/Application
Data
| and its equivalent in Vista/Windows 7?
|
| I need to put user-specific files in place but can't figure out the magic
| name.  Anyone?

0
Abhishek
9/2/2010 8:00:52 PM
"David Kaye" <sfdavidkaye2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Okay, you can have files installed into directories such as $(AppPath),
> $(WinSysPath), and so forth, but what is the magic word to deploy
> files into the User's path, that is C:/Documents and Settings/username/
> Application Data and its equivalent in Vista/Windows 7?
> I need to put user-specific files in place but can't figure out the magic
> name.  Anyone?

You can do it using the SHGetSpecialFolderLocation function. This has
actually been superseded by the GetFolderLocation function (and by the
SHGetKnownFolderIDList function in Vista onwards) but it still works fine on
all current systems. Others here will probably come up with code for the
other two functions I have mentioned, but in the meantime try the following
(on a Form with a Command Button):

Mike

Option Explicit
Private Declare Function SHGetSpecialFolderLocation _
  Lib "Shell32.dll" (ByVal hwndOwner As Long, _
  ByVal nFolder As Long, pidl As ITEMIDLIST) As Long
Private Declare Function SHGetPathFromIDList _
  Lib "Shell32.dll" Alias "SHGetPathFromIDListA" _
  (ByVal pidl As Long, ByVal pszPath As String) As Long
Private Type SH_ITEMID
    cb As Long
    abID As Byte
End Type
Private Type ITEMIDLIST
    mkid As SH_ITEMID
End Type
Private Const CSIDL_APPDATA = &H1A
Private Const CSIDL_LOCAL_APPDATA = &H1C
Private Const MAX_PATH As Integer = 260

Private Function fGetSpecialFolder(csidl As Long) As String
Dim sPath As String
Dim IDL As ITEMIDLIST
fGetSpecialFolder = ""
If SHGetSpecialFolderLocation(Me.hWnd, csidl, IDL) = 0 Then
  sPath = Space$(MAX_PATH)
  If SHGetPathFromIDList _
          (ByVal IDL.mkid.cb, ByVal sPath) Then
    fGetSpecialFolder = Left$ _
            (sPath, InStr(sPath, vbNullChar) - 1) & "\"
  End If
End If
End Function

Private Sub Command1_Click()
Print "App Data (roaming) = " _
    & fGetSpecialFolder(CSIDL_APPDATA)
Print "App Data (non roaming) = " _
     & fGetSpecialFolder(CSIDL_LOCAL_APPDATA)
End Sub

0
Mike
9/2/2010 8:14:48 PM
CSIDL
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb762494(v=VS.85).aspx

0
Abhishek
9/2/2010 8:21:38 PM
"Abhishek" <user@server.com> wrote:
>CSIDL
>http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb762494(v=VS.85).aspx

From your answers I infer that there is no way to rewrite the deployment
wizard with a magic name such as $(AppData) or something similar and have it
work?  Remember that the deployment wizard allows only the previously coded
magic names to be used.  It does not allow new ones, so I'd have to find the
source code and rewrite it, assuming it would even work.

Kind of a bummer that the people who designed VB 6.0 didn't think to easily
allow the inclusion of files in the user's directory area.

0
sfdavidkaye2
9/2/2010 8:38:28 PM
"Mike Williams" <Mike@WhiskyAndCoke.com> wrote:

>You can do it using the SHGetSpecialFolderLocation function. This has
>actually been superseded by the GetFolderLocation function (and by the
>SHGetKnownFolderIDList function in Vista onwards) [....]

Thanks.  I wish I didn't have to launch a separate EXE just to copy a few
files into the user directory tree....bummer.

0
sfdavidkaye2
9/2/2010 8:39:58 PM
Use setup program like InnoSetup, at first they may seems to be difficult to
use but once you know it will be easy.
and if you still want to use it then you can customize the P&D wizard. these
constant values are in the P&D source code in basCommon.bas file.

here is my comparison of setup makers
http://vb6zone.blogspot.com/2010/08/installers.html

| "Abhishek" <user@server.com> wrote:
| >CSIDL
| >http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb762494(v=VS.85).aspx
| >

| From your answers I infer that there is no way to rewrite the deployment
| wizard with a magic name such as $(AppData) or something similar and have
it
| work?  Remember that the deployment wizard allows only the previously
coded
| magic names to be used.  It does not allow new ones, so I'd have to find
the
| source code and rewrite it, assuming it would even work.
|
| Kind of a bummer that the people who designed VB 6.0 didn't think to
easily
| allow the inclusion of files in the user's directory area.

0
Abhishek
9/2/2010 8:53:56 PM
"David Kaye" <sfdavidkaye2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Okay, you can have files installed into directories such as $(AppPath),
> $(WinSysPath), and so forth, but what is the magic word to deploy files
> into
> the User's path, that is C:/Documents and Settings/username/Application
> Data
> and its equivalent in Vista/Windows 7?
>
> I need to put user-specific files in place but can't figure out the magic
> name.  Anyone?

It's not a good idea to install to a user specific folder. Instead, install
the files to $(AppPath), or CSIDL_COMMON_APPDATA, and then when your
application runs, it checks if the files are in %AppData%, and if not, copy
them there. If you put them there during install, then when another user
logs on, the files aren't there for him/her.

To get the folder from your app, follow Mike's suggestion. Use
CSIDL_APPDATA. CSIDL_LOCAL_APPDATA is for large files only. See the recent
thread with subject "file and folder permissions" for details.

0
Nobody
9/2/2010 8:54:19 PM
"Nobody" <nobody@nobody.com> wrote:

>If you put them there during install, then when another user
>logs on, the files aren't there for him/her.

That's the point.  The app I'm working on is user-specific.

0
sfdavidkaye2
9/2/2010 9:01:19 PM
The DB installer does install a shortcut only to the user, so it must know
where the user folder is. However I just don't know how to code it, maybe
you can look around the installer file.

> "Nobody" <nobody@nobody.com> wrote:
>
>>If you put them there during install, then when another user
>>logs on, the files aren't there for him/her.
>
> That's the point.  The app I'm working on is user-specific.

0
phil
9/3/2010 1:09:13 AM
On 02/09/2010 21:53, Abhishek wrote:
> "David Kaye"<sfdavidkaye2@yahoo.com>  wrote in message
>> Kind of a bummer that the people who designed VB 6.0 didn't think
>> to  easily allow the inclusion of files in the user's directory area.
>
> Use setup program like InnoSetup, at first they may seems to be difficult to
> use but once you know it will be easy.
>
> here is my comparison of setup makers
> http://vb6zone.blogspot.com/2010/08/installers.html

Seconded.
This article gives a brief guide on doing it for a VB6 app.
http://hashvb.earlsoft.co.uk/Setups

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley@icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems

Please reply to the group.)
0
Dee
9/3/2010 7:56:48 AM

| From your answers I infer that there is no way to rewrite the deployment
| wizard with a magic name such as $(AppData) or something similar and have
it
| work?

  That's true, but it's not a big deal to rewrite the
PDW setup1.exe itself. And you can use the SH*
APIs to get the path. Microsoft has messed up the
folder path system unnecessarily (they have such
a talent for that :) but you can still use the older
SH* APIs on all systems. Ignore the newer ones
unless you're *only* dealing with Vista/7.

   While things have to be done just right in a setup
program, there's no special magic. Mostly it's just
copying files and Registry values. The PDW is just
a VB6 program for doing that. You can add to it,
change it, whatever... Just remember to log
any actions that you want reversed on uninstall. The
PDW uninstaller uses the log in the program folder
as a guide. If you look at that log and at the setup1
code you'll see the logging functions are obvious
and simple.

   See here for rebuilt PDW samples that allow for
custom GUI, add Desktop icon, QuickLaunch icon, App
Data folder, program size listing in Add/Remove...
while also cutting down the size of setup1.exe and
eliminating setup.exe:

http://www.jsware.net/jsware/vbcode.php5

(I haven't got around to updating the QuickLaunch
icon option to work on Vista/7. We had a discussion
about it here at one point, and it's apparently doable,
but so far I just haven't got around to it.)

 A lot of people like Inno. I don't think I've ever
heard any real criticism of it. But you *can* update
the PDW, and that provides a lot more options than
things like Inno or MSIs -- especially in terms of
appearance. The installer is what you want it to be,
and using a custom GUI is very simple. By contrast,
Inno seems to be stuck with a boring, generic window,
and using custom graphics in MSIs....or doing *anything*
with MSIs, for that matter, is a tedious, complex task.

0
Mayayana
9/3/2010 12:35:34 PM
"David Kaye" <sfdavidkaye2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> From your answers I infer that there is no way to rewrite the deployment
> wizard with a magic name such as $(AppData) or something similar and have
> it
> work?  Remember that the deployment wizard allows only the previously
> coded
> magic names to be used.  It does not allow new ones, so I'd have to find
> the
> source code and rewrite it, assuming it would even work.
>
> Kind of a bummer that the people who designed VB 6.0 didn't think to
> easily
> allow the inclusion of files in the user's directory area.

You have two issues here.

One is that installations normally don't put per-user files in place.  If
installing per-machine (for all users) the installer can put a Start Menu
shortcut into the "All Users" profile, but if users require individualized
application data the application should copy from a master set of initial
values on first run.  Those might be things like per-user settings files.

However it is possible to run installs per-user to install for a single
user.

Your second issue is that you're using the obsolete PDW, which was replaced
by Visual Studio 6.0 Installer twice shortly after VB6 came out.  The first
was a 1.0 release, and then came an improved 1.1 release.

Using VSI 1.1 and Windows Installer technology will let you create setups
that can run per-user or per-machine.  A per-user .MSI package is perfectly
capable of creating application data folders under LocalAppDataFolder and/or
AppDataFolder and installing designated files there.  A per-machine package
can create application folders under CommonAppDataFolder, set any necessary
security (even Full Control for Everyone) on these folders, and install
designated files in them.

So everything you need has been available since sometime in 2000.  The trick
is getting VSI 1.1 now.  In the past year Microsoft pulled it from their
download site.

Hard to blame Microsoft though.  They gave you nearly a decade to get up to
speed.

0
Bob
9/4/2010 12:08:23 AM
"Mayayana" <mayayana@invalid.nospam> wrote:

>http://www.jsware.net/jsware/vbcode.php5

Thanks for some really really good pages!

0
sfdavidkaye2
9/4/2010 12:01:24 PM
"Bob Riemersma" <nospam@nil.net> wrote:

>Your second issue is that you're using the obsolete PDW, which was replaced
>by Visual Studio 6.0 Installer twice shortly after VB6 came out.  The first
>was a 1.0 release, and then came an improved 1.1 release.

I had it, but when I moved to a new machine I guess I didn't install all the
service packs.  I'll go look and see what I have.

0
sfdavidkaye2
9/4/2010 12:08:00 PM
VS Installer 1.1 is still available to download.

"Bob Riemersma" <nospam@nil.net> wrote in message

0
Abhishek
9/4/2010 12:55:01 PM

| >Your second issue is that you're using the obsolete PDW, which was
replaced
| >by Visual Studio 6.0 Installer twice shortly after VB6 came out.  The
first
| >was a 1.0 release, and then came an improved 1.1 release.
|
| I had it, but when I moved to a new machine I guess I didn't install all
the
| service packs.  I'll go look and see what I have.

   Be sure to look into it before going too far. The PDW
was not "replaced by Windows Installer". Microsoft came
out with Windows Installer and they've pushed it as the
standard install system. It's popular in corporate
environments for several reasons:

* It provides methods to do software rollbacks and patches.

* The installed software enumeration functions of WMI are
just a wrapper around Windows Installer, so they only work
for software installed via MSI file.

....Etc. Those kinds of functions are important to
a lot of network admins who have to manage multiple
installs across a network.

  The downside is that Windows Installer is extremely,
unnecessarily, complex. And none of the tools to work
with it are very good. If you look at popular software to
see what others have done you'll find that very few people
are using MSIs....with good reason.  People writing smaller
software programs are typically using Inno or Nullsoft:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nullsoft_Scriptable_Install_System

   Larger companies that serve corporate clients are more
apt to use Windows Installer. But even then, they're not
usually using W.I. directly. They're typically using InstallShield,
which is a wildly overpriced wrapper around W.I. that makes
W.I. more usable and adds extra functionality via I.S. DLLs.
It's still a big mess and the latest version of I.S. is about
$2,000! ...Not the sort of investment that makes sense for
most people.

0
Mayayana
9/4/2010 8:56:02 PM
On Sat, 4 Sep 2010 16:56:02 -0400, "Mayayana"
<mayayana@invalid.nospam> wrote:

>   Be sure to look into it before going too far. The PDW
>was not "replaced by Windows Installer". Microsoft came
>out with Windows Installer and they've pushed it as the
>standard install system. It's popular in corporate
>environments for several reasons:

<snip>

>  The downside is that Windows Installer is extremely,
>unnecessarily, complex. And none of the tools to work
>with it are very good. If you look at popular software to
>see what others have done you'll find that very few people
>are using MSIs....with good reason.  People writing smaller
>software programs are typically using Inno or Nullsoft:
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nullsoft_Scriptable_Install_System

As I want to distribute MSIs so the IT department is more comfortable
with my utility I've found that the open source "Windows Installer XML
(WiX) toolset" is quite decent.

Create MSI file
http://wix.sourceforge.net/manual-wix3/overview.htm
Intro
http://wix.sourceforge.net/manual-wix3/main.htm
Tutorial
http://www.tramontana.co.hu/wix/

The tutorial alone solved all my basic requirements so I was able to
get my DLL installing in a few hours.  (Well, once I solved a very
stupid mistake in the command line compiler that was entirely my own
fault.  <smile>  I forgot the ""s around a file path that had spaces.)

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
Tony

Disappearing Data from User-defined Text Fields
Has anyone else had data mysteriously disappear from text fields both local and enterprise? Might be a sign of file corruption. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > Has anyone else had data mysteriously disappear from text fields both > local and enterprise? > Or clear out your active cache... I've seen lots of issues there... -- Regards, Ben. http://www.applepark.co.uk http://appleparkltd.spaces.live.com/ "Andrew Lavinsky" wrote: > Might be a sign of file corruption. > > > - Andrew Lavinsk...

add an included path?
Hello, I am the administrator for Project Server 2003 which has a web application PWA that is basically Sharepoint. All of this is on SP3 as part of my migration from project 2003 to 2007, I must migrate the sharepoint stuff from 2.0 to 3.0. When i run the prescan tool, the error logs tell me that the root url : http://servername/root and http://servername cannot be scanned. then gives me a list of Lists that " has not been scrubbed" when i ran the stsadm.exe -databaserepair, it tells returns telling me that there are no orphaned items. My next step is to reatt...

prevent the users from making changes to the excel report
I have an application written in Visual Basic 6. My application creates a Customer Details Report in Excel. All done till here but now my problem is that I want to prevent the users from making changes to the excel report or to copy/paste/delete data from my report or to save file as another name. I tried protecting the sheet but that only solves half of the problem, user can still save file as another name and copy the data. Use of macro is strictly not allowed. Please help. Thanks in advance As long as users can access your Excel workbook they can defeat any security you place on it to prev...

Multiple users of one shared database on 2003 and 2007
Hi Our office recently upgraded 50% of our machines to office 2007, unfortunately as 50% are still running office 2003 we are having issues with functionality in the shared database (created in 2003) the command buttons created using wizards in 2003 are not working in 2007, in addition to this i have the added risk of 2007 users potentially saving the file in 2007 format, making is inaccessible to the 2003 users. I understand that I can split the database and create a new interface in 2007 for the 2007 users, (fixing all of the buttons) however am I able to link front ends from 2 versions to...

excel path incorrect problem
Strange problem with excel 2002 sp3 on windows 2000 sp4. If we open an excel document via exel - eg file - open the document opens. However if we go to the network folder directly and try to open the same file we get an error - cannot find file - path/libary incorrect ? I did a seach for .xlb file which I know can be a problem and cannot find this at all but symptoms of this are usually excel hanging and not opening at all ? Any suggestions would be really appreciated. Thanks Carolyn Sometimes one of these works: Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) --- or ---...

Can't see current users expansion button
When I try to follow the directions below to see who is currently logged inot GPS v. 9, I don't get the expansion button the directions refer to. Any ideas? Go to >>Help>>Index>>for keyword to find, enter "user login activity window" You will get the following: File >> User and Company >> Current Users expansion button Use the User Login Activity window to view the users currently accessing Microsoft Dynamics GP, the company each is working in, and the date they started working with that company (based on the internal clock of the current ...

Delete a user
How can I delete a user once all records have been re-assigned and all licenses and security roles removed? You can't remove users. ...

New OE newsgroup user questions
I'm new to newsgroups and access via Outlook Express. Where can if find documentation or descriptions on how to really use OE effectively w/ forums. My main question right now is: How do I reply to a reply that someone posted to my new post? If I click Reply Group in OE I get a msg "Do you want to reply to the entire newsgroup. Is this the correct options to add another level of input to my original post, or will this go to every post in the newsgroup? I would also like to know how to do things like: Searching forums for specific words or phrases? Can I se...

How to Restrict Outbound SMTP for Specific User
I have users that I want to restrict from emailing external to the company but allow internal email. Found article 244008 but it was for Ex5.5. I applied the same fix but email still went out. Basic steps were: Internet Mail SMTP Connector, Properties, Delivery Restrictions, Reject Messages From, Add. Should this work or am I missing something? Hi Shawn Here is a link that should help: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html Make sure you make the Registry change as detailed in the notes section. -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" w...

Excel reporting incorrect user in "file in use by"
We are currently experiencing a issue that that some of our users (some of which are laptop users that use the offline files feature) try to open for example an Excel file and it will be reported as being currently in use by a named user. So far no problem. However this user does not have the file open and if we go to check the open files on the server the file will in fact be open by a different user to the one reported in the excel popup window. Is there a way I can ensure that at least the correct user is reported to having the file open? I'm sure this must be somewhere int h...

Number of users per message store.
Does anyone know an easy way to calculate the number of ussers per message store, other tan counting them seperatly. Thanks, Mark in the ESM, you should be able to drill down to "Mailboxes", select them all, and get a count down in the "status" bar... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Mark A. Dudley" <mark@nospamcjmnetworking.com> wrote in message news:447495a7.179533468@msnews.microsoft.com... > Does anyone know an easy way to calculate the number of ussers per > message store, other tan counting them seperatly. > > Thanks, > Mark On Wed, 24 Ma...

Script to restrict users ability to login
I am looking for a script which we can run to effectively restrict all 'non-administrative' users from logging into GP at certain times. We have all transactions flowing into GP through integrations, and in the case of a failure of these integrations, I need a way to stop all users from logging into GP until the failure is found and rectified and the systems are back 'in balance'. I would then like to run another script to replace the previous security settings, thereby allowing all users the ability to login again. Does anyone have any ideas how this could be accompli...

Forcing users to use a custom Contacts form OR removing Contacts
Using Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 2000 Is it possible to set it so all users use a cusom contacts form for new items in their "Outlook Today" folders? Or better still, is there a way to remove the Contacts folder, or make it point to a folder in the public folders tree? Thanks! Sparks... ...

Edit a web query in Excel 2002 that runs a dialogue box for the user to input the name of the city.
I am trying to set up This name is then used by the web query to complete the UR eg http://www.onlineweather.com/v4/world/owac/EU/climate/Athens.html or http://www.onlineweather.com/v4/world/owac/EU/climate/Cork.htm In early editions of Excel this involved inserint the live /[“city” “which city?”].html eg http://www.onlineweather.com/v4/world/owac/EU/climate/[“city” “which city?”].htm Has anyone worked out how to do this in Excel 2002 ...

viewing another users calendar
Hi All, When attempting to view one certain users calendar the message "unable to display the folder. the calendar folder could not be found" is displayed, this is also the same for the inbox etc. This is only happening for one user. All other users can view this calendar and i can view all other users calendars. Does any one have any suggestions? ...

User can Create the Batch but can't access in Purchaing>Transactions>Return Batches
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00BB_01C96446.E4A61DF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable User can create a new batch, save it but when goes back to view the TRX = and tries to open the RETURN BATCHES by clicking on LookUp Button; it = says the User does not have the Security Privilege to access it. Hard to believe is that how come a User can create but can't view his = own crated Batch. ------=_NextPart_000_00BB_01C96446.E4A61DF0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1&quo...

Best deployment path?
I am getting ready to deploy several Microsoft solutions onto two servers and am wondering if anyone has any thoughts on where each product should go, what order I should deploy stuff, and any special considerations you may have. The two servers are both dual Xeon 2.8 processors with 2 GB of RAM. The solutions are: SharePoint Portal Server 2003 CRM Server Project Server Exchange Server SQL Server Great Plains (Hopefully 8.0, possibly 7.5) BizTalk Hi Problem is if you chose to have Sharepoint and CRM on the same server you will need to create another website for CRM and make the port ...

CRM 3.0 User and Administrator's Manuals
Do printable (.pdf) exist for CRM 3.0 User and Administrator's Manuals Yes and no. There is an implementation guide that ships with CRM 3.0 and could be sort of considered an administrators manual. As for a user manual. The closest is from the application training course which you would have to buy. ========================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/community/microsoft_crm_community.mspx "mkatsev" <mkatsev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AAF87377-4592-4025-8DA8-B93E89CF87B3@microsoft.com.....

Error occurred in deployment step 'Activate Features':
i receive an error when i deploy a simple visual web parts in by VHD ------=_NextPart_0001_A00A1332 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello Ansari, Please mention the exact error message you are getting in ULS logs Look into application logs for related error messages. How to get the right set of ULS logs =========================================== Run following command on the Web Front Sever serving the SharePoint site: net stop sptrace net start sptrace These commands will force SharePoint to start logging to a new file. Now try to repr...

CHotKeyCtrl
Hey, I have a dialog on which I've placed a hotkey control which I've wired to a CHotKeyCtrl wrapper. How do I detect when the user has changed the hotkey inside the control? ClassWizard is only showing me a NM_OUTOFMEMORY message to map, I need some sort of FIELD_CHANGED message to respond to so that I can update the hotkey with the system table. Anybody know what message to process? Thanks, Dave "Dave" <neorife@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:0cOcnVXdFd17YpeiXTWJjQ@comcast.com... > Hey, > > I have a dialog on which I've placed a hotkey control whi...

User accounts how do I dlete and restore also want to keep data
I know hoiw to delete an exchange user on the client and on the server itself with the SBS tools. My question is this.......when I delte the user profile from the server does the data and mail stores get deleted too? also. If I re-create the user profiles with the exact same info, will exchange try to create new data stores and emails or will it allow me access to the existing ones. Just curious before I go ahead with it thanks I have never used SBS version so i'm not sure if there's anything different, however when you delete a user, Excahnge by default will keep the "mai...

HELP:user-fill in form
I need a excel-file with 2 tabs. In the first tab It must be able to fill a week nr. And then som other values. Then that values must automattically filled in, in Tab2 in the righ column of that week. If you can help me, please reply !!! Thanks in advance, Stif -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You weren't very specific as to if this is from one cell on sheet1 or for all cells in a column. In any event, you can use a worksheet_change event on a worksheet module to this sort of thing. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Stift >" <<S...

Email router rule deployment wizzard
Hello, Can someone tell me if there is a way of changing the rules that the rule deployment wizzard of the CRM Email router imports into Exchange?? I can see the rule in my Outlook but when I change the rule nothing of my changes work. Can someone help? Eric ------=_NextPart_0001_6DB8A9B1 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Eric, This is Mike responding. Thank you for the post. First, is there some kind of Group Policy that is preventing you from changing the rule? The Rule Deployment Wizard deploys a rule to the users mailbox that forwards all email to t...

Create new user without login
Hello, I am trying to send out an email that the person has to open and click on in order to set Membership.IsApproved to true. I have DisableCreatedUser="true" in the CreateUserWizard, so they are never logged in.Does that mean GetUser(Which is looking for a logged in user) is empty? If so, any suggestions? protected void CreateUserWizard1_CreatedUser(object sender, EventArgs e) { MembershipUser newuser = Membership.GetUser(); RegisterUser NewRegistration = new RegisterUser(); string newusername = newuser.UserName; string email = new...

Accept/decline meetings or another user's behalf
Hi Is there a way to give a another user permission to accept/deny meetings? Thanks Regards This probably belongs to the Outlook Group Since this is a SBS Server Group (Assuming you are talking about Outlook) http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/outlook/threads However You can give another person permission to view and add appointments to your calendar using the steps that are listed below: 1.Within Outlook, click on the Tools menu and select Options. The Options dialog box will appear. 2.Select the Delegates tab. 3.Click the Add button. The Add ...