Using a Space in Webbrowser Control

Hello:

As usual, I've run into a problem with something that is probably so
simple... any help is appreciated.

I'm using the webbrowser control with the navigate method.  The url I'm
using needs a space (which I know is not normally allowed, but it works
directly in firefox and IE).

Here's some sample code:

------------------------------------
strWebPage = "http://www.imdb.com" &" ?" & Text2.Text
txtURL.Text = strWebPage

Web1.Navigate txtURL.Text
Do While Web1.ReadyState <> READYSTATE_COMPLETE
    DoEvents
Loop
DoEvents
-----------------------------------

The space is always replaced with %20/

I've tried using chr(32) , Space(1), and several other things.

Thanks!!

Robert Whitson

0
Bob

"Bob" <gee@nomail.com> wrote in message
> Hello:
>
> As usual, I've run into a problem with something that is probably so
> simple... any help is appreciated.
>
> I'm using the webbrowser control with the navigate method.  The url I'm
> using needs a space (which I know is not normally allowed, but it works
> directly in firefox and IE).

See UrlEscape() in MSDN.

0
Nobody
3/28/2010 11:12:54 PM
"Nobody" <nobody@nobody.com> wrote in message
> "Bob" <gee@nomail.com> wrote in message
>> Hello:
>>
>> As usual, I've run into a problem with something that is probably so
>> simple... any help is appreciated.
>>
>> I'm using the webbrowser control with the navigate method.  The url I'm
>> using needs a space (which I know is not normally allowed, but it works
>> directly in firefox and IE).
>>

> See UrlEscape() in MSDN.

Thanks!

I Tried using the code at:

http://vbnet.mvps.org/index.html?code/internet/urlescape.htm

This ends up decoding the URL to:

http://www.imdb.com/?<my text>

No matter what I try, it places a forward slash directly after the base url
(in this case, right after www.imdb.com)

I need it to just place a space here.

Any More Ideas? ... If not, Thanks Much for the help anyway.

Robert

0
Bob
3/29/2010 2:23:16 AM
> No matter what I try, it places a forward slash directly after the base
> url (in this case, right after www.imdb.com)
>
> I need it to just place a space here.

That's unusual requirements. Try searching the newsgroups for "vb
URLEncode".

0
Nobody
3/29/2010 3:11:41 AM
On 3/28/2010 7:23 PM, Bob wrote:
<snip>
> I Tried using the code at:
> http://vbnet.mvps.org/index.html?code/internet/urlescape.htm
> This ends up decoding the URL to:
> http://www.imdb.com/?<my text>
> No matter what I try, it places a forward slash directly after the base url
> (in this case, right after www.imdb.com)
> I need it to just place a space here.
> Any More Ideas? ... If not, Thanks Much for the help anyway.
> Robert

How does this work for you?

http://www.freevbcode.com/ShowCode.asp?ID=1512

You've probably noticed the %20 by now.

Mike

mscir
3/29/2010 10:33:11 AM
On 29/03/2010 03:23, Bob wrote:
> "Nobody"<nobody@nobody.com>  wrote in message
>> "Bob"<gee@nomail.com>  wrote in message
>>> Hello:
>>>
>>> As usual, I've run into a problem with something that is probably so
>>> simple... any help is appreciated.
>>>
>>> I'm using the webbrowser control with the navigate method.  The url I'm
>>> using needs a space (which I know is not normally allowed, but it works
>>> directly in firefox and IE).
>>>

>> See UrlEscape() in MSDN.
>>

> Thanks!
>
> I Tried using the code at:
>
> http://vbnet.mvps.org/index.html?code/internet/urlescape.htm
>
> This ends up decoding the URL to:
>
> http://www.imdb.com/?<my text>
>
> No matter what I try, it places a forward slash directly after the base url
> (in this case, right after www.imdb.com)

Yes, that is a correctly formatted URL.
"http://blah ?foo" is not valid (spaces should be encoded in the path
part but are invalid int he host part, hence it adds the /.

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley@icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems

Please reply to the group.)
0
Dee

Using Document Hyperlinks in Email Publications
I thought I had read somewhere that you could use hyperlinks to documents in your email publications (where the documents are not saved on a web server). I was under the impression that the documents sort of "upload" and give the reader the option to "open" or "save" them. Is there a trick to doing this, if it is possible at all? Thanks You could "attach" the document to your email. In the body of the email give a statement, i.e., See attached file. Before sending the email, click on the Attach icon on the tool bar at the top which will give y...

Outbound email blocked as SPAM when using the CRM4.0 router
I am using CRM 4.0 and noticed outbound email is blocked as SPAM when sent through the CRM router. The same email sent through Outlook is not blocked. I looked at the header of both outbound messages and noticed the CRM router email header is slightly different than what goes out through Outlook. I'm guessing it is the way the router relays the email. I have the router running on our Exchange 2007 server. I really want to use the router but can't take a cahnce on it getting blocked as SPAM. What is the solution? Have you managed to find any information on this, as we are having ...

Use Query for Combo Box Source
Reposting because I feel it may not receive any attention since it was originally posted last week. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Steve, here is the info you requested: Row Source = SELECT [EPR/TR/OPR].[FullName] FROM [EPR/TR/OPR]; Column Count = 1 Column Widths = 1.7605" List Width = 1.7604" Bound Column = 1 Thanks, Rick "Steve Schapel" wrote: > Rick, > > In design view of the form, can you select the combobox, and look at the > Properties. Can you post back with what is entered in ther...

How to filter lower case characters in an edit control?
Hi to all, I created a class that enherits from CEdit and overrode its OnChar() message handler to intercept the entered keys and filter only those that are lower case. It also verifies if an entered key is upper case to convert it to lower case and filter it. Everything works good except the conversion from upper to lower case. The problem is that even if the OnChar() handler does convert the character to lower case, the character is still displayed in the edit box as it was entered, i.e. in upper case. Please note that if I remove the line: "nChar = tolower(nChar);", the u...

Contact uses
Am studying towards my 284 exam and am confused as i thought i understood the uses of contacts but the below has thrown me. I thought you must not use contacts for internal users as the messages bounce when setting up the contact does it matter which mail address you use "do you have to use the comany.com to list it in ad so it delivers inbound mail" answer states use two mail addresses in contact if i add 10 addresses to the contact will they all receive a copy of the message sent to brian@company.com automatically. QUESTION: your company subcontracts a consultant named bria...

Passing Pointers using PostMessage
I would like to send data accross threads using PostMessage and passing pointers to the data as parameters. I know I can do this but I am concerned with memory leaks. Am I 100% guaranteed to recieve all these messages? Is there anyway that these messages could get lost in the windows event loop without my handler function being called to clean up the memory? Thanks in advance, James Well I use this tecnique heavily in my applications and have never experienced any message loss as far as I know (as distinct from PostThreadMessage). James Lennon wrote: > I would like to send data ...

Lost original message when using outlook web access
I often use web access when travelling to get my work emails. When forwrdign and replying to emails, I always have the orginal email in tact and as part of the reply. However, when accessing from home on the internet, I lose the orginal email so that when I reply or forward there's nothing there. I also can't paste or copy into or from the message body. Is this problem easily fixed. Jim Assuming Outlook 2000 - though something like this will probably work for every version ... it just might not be in the same menu location. Go to Tools - Options - Preferences - Email option...

Control key 'dis-abled' for Ctrl+Shift+arrow
Hi, i've been using Ctrl+Shift+arrow (right/left/up/down) to select a continued-column(s)/row(s) for edit/paste/copy consistently. However, recently, i found that this combination of shortcut does not work anymore. The Ctrl key is still working fine on its own and similarly the shift key and the respective arrow-keys or combination of these 2. Is there some setting somewhere in excel (or in other applications) that are now conflicting with this keyboard shortcut combination ? Appreciate if someone could help me out. I recall experiencing this before and at that time it had some...

Using excel as a data base
How to create names and addresses in EXCEL that can be used in a mail merge in Word One row per record. Each field in a separate cell/column. It's much easier to combine fields than it is to separate them correctly. You may want to read some tips for mailmerge: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge The first is from David McRitchie and the second is by Beth Melton and Dave Rado. Nan wrote: > > How to create names and addresses in EXCEL that can be used in a mail merge > in Word -- Dave Peterson ...

How to Prevent Duplicate Data from inputing using input application?
Hello microsoft.public.excel.charting my name is Zig I am trying hard to find out how I can use a input application to input data into a specified excel sheet. I have learned how to input the data into the excel sheet although I need to prevent the inputs from being duplicated. I have used a validating solver to prevent duplicate entries but it only works if you type the text into the sheet. I am unable to get the input application to follow the validation rule. Is there a way that I can use a input application to prevent duplicate entries into the excel sheets and if duplicate data is true ca...

Using Frx and email
This may be long so bear with me. I have multiple questions. I am using lotus notes for email. I found another thread that talked about instructions using lotus notes that I plan to test out. However, I had other questions. 1. I am assuming that I can select any output option when using the email function in FRx. For example, if I selected the drill down viewer, the recipient would need the viewer installed on their PC. However, if I selected formatted XLS, they could open it with their excel application. Let me know if I'm wrong on this theory. 2. My question is about cha...

Payee Matching using Memo Field?
Note sure if this is specific to BofA, or if I'm just missing something.I am using MS Money Deluxe 2004, but also had same prob with 2000 When I download ofx (problems with qif also) statements the Payee or <name> is truncated to 32 char which normally I wouldnt care since money only allows 32 char in the payee feild. Problem is my transactions in the OFX are like this: <NAME>INTERLINK NETWORK TRANS ****** O <MEMO>INTERLINK NETWORK TRANS ****** ON 07-03 CUSTOMER ******** PAYMENT TO ACME Is it possible to auto match Payees using...

Excel error: Permission to use object denied
I have some new computers setup with Windows XP and Office 97. When go into Excel and open a spreadsheet, I get a Microsoft Visual Basi error:Permission to use object denied. The spreadsheet will not open. The error happens with every spreadsheet I try to open on tha computer. If I copy the spreadsheet to another computer, it open without complaint. The other computer is also running XP and Excel 97 but was installed a few months ago. Any ideas -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com The following article may be of some help, althought your problem is slightly different. h...

OFXHTTP500 error after 1 day using Money Plus
Hello, I had to update to Money Plus after my money 2005 became unsupported and was thus no longer usable. I installed Money pluss without error and used it without error for 1 day, maybe 2 days. Now tonight I've spent an hour debugging connection failures of OFXHTTP500 when tyring to pull nwe data from my bank. Long story short it appears the money file is corrupt. I tried creating a new one and it connects and downloads from the bank without issue. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling money. I ran both a simple and standard fix on the old money file, and no errors are foun...

Control Panel/ComCtl/Vista
have a C++ control panel applet which embeds a manifest to use the comctl v6.0 to use the new XP style common controls. When I take the same application and use it on vista, everything is fine except that I do not get the new common controls style. It appears I need to do something different on vista. I am doing what is suggested in the following MSDN article to enable the new visual style for control panel applet (http://windowssdk.msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms649781.aspx#control_panel). Thanks. ...

Can Outlook 2003 be used with the old 2002 interface?
I really don't like the new interface for Outlook 2003. I guess if I used it enough I'd learn to like it, but I have about 100 users that I'd have to show how to use it. If I could use a "classic Outlook interface" like the way Windows XP Professional allows a "classic Windows Start Menu", that would be great. You know the old saying about teaching an old dog new tricks. Some people have a real hard time learning new interfaces. We've been using the same type of Outlook setup since Outlook 97 with some small changes. These new changes for Outl...

Excel 2007
In my Excel-report I have a textbox to write comments. In Excel 2007 the "Enter"-knob on numeric part of keyboard doesn't work when typing in the textbox, but work as normal all other places in the workbook. Is this known by others, or is it just my server? Interesting! I can confirm this is the same behaviour that I have. best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Wegar" <Wegar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A054E635-9CB9-4B8A-AB0E-BC1CED2DA6AF@microsoft.com... > In my Excel-report I have a text...

Can I make a graph using several tabs in an excel spreadsheet
This might be what you're looking for: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions - http://PeltierTech.com/ 2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html _______ "Sheila" <Sheila@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B348DD7D-61C5-48E8-B47B-D8ACC79E7723@microsoft.com... > ...

Improve Service Calendar scheduling by using nearest location
Hello, I have different sites providing the same service, I want that from service calendar, my users could schedule a service: 1) from the nearest site 2) if no resources available on this site, use any other site with available resources. Is CRM able to do this ? How to enter rules on the service to have this kind of selection ? Thanks for help. CS ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button...

To make fields invisible using Dexterity Utilities
Hello I know we could use Windows propoerties to make fields visible or invisible on a Window in a form. I understand we could use Dexterity Utilities to make the fields visible or invisible to user. Could anyone say how to do it Dexterity Utilities is not the correct tool to hide fields from a user. You can do this using Modifier, VBA, Field Level Security or Dexterity. Dexterity can either use triggers or you can create an alternate window. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer MBS Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Business Solutions http://www.mi...

Anti-crack and anti-piracy application protection and licensing solution using code morphing
Software piracy! Cracked serial numbers! Thousands of commercial products are posted on the warez sites and become available to all every day! Companies lose millions of dollars every year to software piracy, and faulty protection programs. Shareware developers look for unbreakable protection for their products and create some protection themselves or try many of the ready-made tools. Unfortunately most tools have already been cracked, and self solutions often only take one determined cracked a few hours to bypass. As a result they soon find the stoles keys and product cracks on thousands of ...

can you count the number of letters (inc spaces) in a single sell
I have a spreedsheet which has 3000 rows. Each cell has a different amount of words in it... ie ABC Learning Centre Ferrymead. Is it possible to count the number of characters (letters) including spaces in each cell??? (please note each cell has a different number of letters in it)... or do I have to do this manually? none of the help options seem to help me... Thanks use the formula =len( -- PF Wannab ----------------------------------------------------------------------- PF Wannabe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2579 View this thread: ...

controlling plot area
Excel 2003 I have several charts on a dedicated chart sheet, each with the same number of bars of graphed data. I want to adjust the plot area to a particular size within the chart area for each chart. I have used the "Selection.Height" and the other associated "selections" with some success, but the plot areas still seem to reset themselves a bit. Any ideas on how to fix this would be appreciated and my thanks in advance. Brad The plot areas resize based on the font size, the length of the labels, the wind speed and direction, and various other uncontrollabl...

Custom Controls 04-27-04
I am looking for a set of custom controls that exhibit similar behaivour to existing MSCRM controls. We are going to develop an add-on; it will have a set of pages that will extend the functionality. Any pointers would be appreciated. I seem to remember Gary on this group mentioning he had developed a set of controls. You might want to contact him. "D Bolak" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8BA4CB4C-836F-4AA7-AAAA-C5ADA7C9CAA7@microsoft.com... > I am looking for a set of custom controls that exhibit similar behaivour to existing MSCRM controls. ...

which fax program do I use?
I'm running windows 2000 and outlook 2000. windows comes with a fax (NT fax from memory), but it doesn't work with my version of outlook 2000 as it's "email only". a) Is there a way of changing outlook to permit the fax? or b) Is there another fax program that I could/should use? Peter Maybe the fax software that usually comes with the modem - asuming you have a dial up modem not cable. "peter" <peter.jennifer@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1166203871.236229.313840@79g2000cws.googlegroups.com... > I'm running windows 2000 and outlook 2000. w...