Thank you very much

Folks

For the last year I've been asking various questions here in this
newsgroup.

Thanks to all for answering my questions.

Sincerely, Tony Toews
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
Tony

"Tony Toews" <ttoews@telusplanet.net> wrote in message
> Folks
> For the last year I've been asking various questions
> here in this newsgroup.
> Thanks to all for answering my questions.
> Sincerely, Tony Toews

Are you going somewhere, Tony?

Mike

0
Mike
9/10/2010 7:02:11 AM
On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 08:02:11 +0100, "Mike Williams"
<Mike@WhiskyAndCoke.com> wrote:

>> Folks
>> For the last year I've been asking various questions
>> here in this newsgroup.
>> Thanks to all for answering my questions.
>> Sincerely, Tony Toews
>
>Are you going somewhere, Tony?

No.   I just figured a thank you was appropriate.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
Tony

Too much background space
I'm using version 10, "For Enterprise Architects" -- not sure what the normal version number is (XP, 2001, something like that). Anyway, my documents always have about a foot of pale blue empty space on each side, which makes using the scrollbars nearly worthless. It drives me nuts. How do I remove this empty space?? Thanks in advance. ...

Thanks for the HELP
Thanks for the response. Working perfectly! -- Cheryl Do take a moment to re-post your feedback to the responder *in* your thread. It's more meaningful that way. -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- ...

Much needed reports...
- A report that prints all of the invoices covered when a credit memo is applied. (A report that prints the data from INQUIRY>PURCH>TRX BY DOCUMENT>DRILLDOWN ON THE PARTICULAR CREDIT MEMO>GO INTO APPLY WINDOW… why can't this be printable…? - A Smartlist or other "Excel friendly" report that is based on the Financial module in GP, but also cleanly brings in the check number. There is curently a report titled "Check Distribution" located at REPORTS > PURCHASING > CHECK INFORMATION that lists this info. However, there is no way to break it down in...

Thanks to Joseph M. Newcomer #2
Your idea to check out COM was the key to allowing me to finish my second software invention in minimal time. My GUI Scripting system will be able to use any COM compatible language as its scripting language. This includes all of the new .NET languages. COM turned out to be the ideal bi-directional interface system. Thanks again. Peter Olcott www.SeeScreen.com I emailed this to you, but, yur spam blocker blocked it. Peter Olcott wrote: > Your idea to check out COM was the key to allowing me to > finish my second software invention in minimal time. My GUI > Scripting syst...

thanks
Thanks for both replies, I am going to try them out to see how it works. I wrote it in vb but since I dont know it too well the code is too long. Once again thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Thanks are always very welcome Mark, but unless they are put into the original thread, the people that helped you might well never see them, which would be a shame. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel S...

Too Much Debt???
http://www.toomuchdebt.INFO ...

Much older older Money
Looking at some of the posts and replies regarding older version of MS Money that MS will soon no longer support it my question relates to upgrading from Money 99. What are my chances of surviving an upgrade to a newer version of MS Money?. No interested in any internet connections or downloads, online payments, just keeping track of savings, checking and credit accounts. Have a very complete record of information other then some I archived, very sorry I did. What conversion headaches would I encounter or lose, can't afford that to happen. I might fit into the category of not being ...

Thanks
|Thanks For Your Kindness ...

TOO MUCH SPAM with SAFE LISTS!?!?!?
Some time ago, I foolishly entered my email address on a "business opportunity" website and now I get several hundred SPAM emails per day. I switched my "Junk Email Options" settings to "Safe Lists Only" and this seemed to correct the problem. However, within the last 30 days, the SPAM is pouring into my inbox again. I don't understand how this happening. None of these spam senders are on my Safe Senders list. My email address is not on my Safe Recipients list. Any suggestions??? Thanks! ...

I need to find a template to make a family tree. Thanks
There are some on the Office web site for Word and Power Point. You could copy & paste... http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/results.aspx?qu=genealogy&av=TPL000 -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "staylor" <staylor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B8AE9080-E98F-49D2-9266-278BAFDB0074@microsoft.com... > ...

determining how much of the components are required
Hello: I have been told by several people that there is no report that can be printed prior to the entry of Quick Manufacturing Orders that will tell users (a) how much of the components are required for the quantity of the BOM being built and (b) showing the manufacturing order that will be used to build the BOM. Has anyone ever found a way around this issue, even if a stored proc or SQL view has to be built? Thanks! childofthe1980s Well, as for (b), if you haven't created the QMO you can't show it. As for (a) You are looking for a Gross Requirements Report. I am not awa...

pls tell me how to convert UTF-8 to ASCII? thanks :)
Try: int WideCharToMultiByte( UINT CodePage, // code page DWORD dwFlags, // performance and mapping flags LPCWSTR lpWideCharStr, // wide-character string int cchWideChar, // number of chars in string. LPSTR lpMultiByteStr, // buffer for new string int cbMultiByte, // size of buffer LPCSTR lpDefaultChar, // default for unmappable chars LPBOOL lpUsedDefaultChar // set when default char used ); For CodePage use CP_UTF8. joe On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 09:53:45 GMT, Andy Tang <Andy_Tang2k@hotmail.nospam.com> wrote: ...

Is there a way to set tranform timeout to avoid dead loop? thanks

Outlook data file (pst) is much larger than as reported by Outlook !
Hi all, My Outlook's pst file is 1.7GB, ie quite close to the danger zone (2GB). When I ask Outlook for the size of the folders and all other datas it only shows 1.1 GB total ! Is the file corrupted ? Maybe some remains of an older account ? Using scanpst.exe I see no error or problem in this file. Is there some kind of "purge" operation (other than brutal deletion) ? Claude-Albert NB : same problem seen in Outlook XP and Outlook 2003 for the same pst file. Aloha C-A Berseth, Have you tried compacting it yet? (right-click the root folder of the Personal Folders File, ...

reports about how much spam was blocked/received
I have installed SP2 for Microsoft Exchange, and enabled the IMF as described here: http://www.petri.co.il/installing_imf_with_exchange_2003_sp2.htm Now I am interested to know how much spam was actually blocked, or received for each mailbox. Is there any reporting tool in exchange to get that in a simple overview? Perfmon counters for MSExchange Intelligent Message Filter http://www.exchangepedia.com/blog/2006/02/troubleshooting-imf-important_12.html -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog --------------------------------------------...

thank you to all
note to all of the very good people who took time to post articulated and good suggestions on how to get my data & applications up & running again: Thanks to all of you! As the safest suggestions were to backup the data, format the drive, and then reinstall xp and then reinstall the applications from system cd disks and then reinstall the data from the saved backup, I realized that as long as I was going through this time consuming routine, I might as well throw in the towell and purchase Windows 7 as the procedures were the same except for different operating system. A...

No question
I've been doing design in Access & VBA for a few years now, and I'm lucky I don't have to do it to earn a living - but I do enjoy it. Though I'm no longer a novice, I'm no expert either - which is why I regularly need to visit these discussions groups when I get stuck. My most recent problem was trying to get a box on a form to count the characters left being typed into a control elsewhere on the form. Simple enough I thought, and I'd almost got it myself, but couldn't quite get it to work. A quick search on here and within a short while I had the answ...

Why 39 sec. delay for simple commands, Excel 2003? Thanks!
Lately I get a long delay when executing commands in Excel 2003. I timed it at about 28 seconds. Any ideas why and how I can fix? A simple reboot of computer didn't do it. The only time I've seen this kind of delay is when the number of formulas is large (or they're working on large data sets). Turning calculation to manual may improve the time. But I don't think you'll get many good responses without more details. fmes wrote: > > Lately I get a long delay when executing commands in Excel 2003. I timed it > at about 28 seconds. Any ideas why and...

Problem Creating Contract (Urgent Please
I have a strange problem creating a contract as illustrated in the code below, Unfortuantely the exception thrown by MS CRM is not very helpful. contract Create(Guid accountId) { account a = Service.Retrieve(EntityName.account.ToString(), accountId, new AllColumns()) as account; if (a == null) return null; contract con = new contract(); try { //ServiceTemplate function works! Lookup t = new Lookup(); t.type = EntityName.contracttemplate.ToString(); ...

thank you
dear all, I visit this group (and others) on a regular base and got TONS of examples, solutions and ways to achieve the wanted solution. My posts are few and I think I'm not the only one that that gets so much information from you all. With this I want to thank you all VERY MUCH for your help during the year. Have happy holidays and a fine 2007 !! Ronald. ...

So much for PDF support in XL12
http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6079519.html Life's tough being an effective monopoly. MS will offer it as a free download. Patrick Schmid -------------- http://pschmid.net "Harlan Grove" <hrlngrv@aol.com> wrote in message news:1149282577.778484.109720@c74g2000cwc.googlegroups.com: > http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6079519.html > > Life's tough being an effective monopoly. Patrick Schmid wrote... >MS will offer it as a free download. .... True, but some corporate firewalls prevent downloads, so unless Office users at such companies have IT de...

PUB 2007-Thank you card, Store bought card printing issues
I bought Heavy Card stock, 5 1/2 x 4 inch cards. I want to do Thank You Cards. M/S Publisher 2007 doesn't allow me to print on these cards. It continues to print all 4 sides on one piece of paper, so I can then fold into quarters, but that is not what I want. I want to print on one side of the greeting card which would be page 1 & 4. Then I turn the card-stock over and continue printing on pages 2 & 3. I have it set at custom 5.5 x 4, using Page Setup, Greeting Cards, Custom. What am I forgetting? I also (in print commands) looked for a paper type for greeting cards...nothi...

Too much RAM?
Ok, I have asked a similar question before. But my system can apparently take 4 1Mb Ram sticks in 4 slots. I know they are suppose to go in pairs. What happens if I put in 2mb pieces? I know that XP 32-bit has a limit of 4Gb. From what I was told, in othe posts it seems, they just don't work if it is too much. It's unrecognized. But I am just making sure. In my motherboard manual it says 2Gb pieces can work. It lists one company that has 2Gb pieces that work. I quickly scanned the list though. On crucial.com, and www.oempcworld.com they say the 4 1Gb sticks. I trust ...

Too much text in one cell
Hello, When I have a lot of text in one cell, Excel just displays "############" instead of the text. How can I change this? Hi Daniel you may try entering some manual line breaks with 'ALT+ENTER). Though have a look at the Excel help file under 'Specification'. There is a maximum of characters which can be displayed in a cell! -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Daniel Wolf wrote: > Hello, > > When I have a lot of text in one cell, Excel just displays > "############" instead of the text. How can I change this? If you widen your row/co...

Outlook Free/Busy showing too much info
This goes back to the topic of opening the planner when scheduling a meeting and seeing the details of another user's non-private sppointments. I know from the last time this topic aired that the user can control how much they see, but is there a way with permissions or group memberships whether a user sees another users free/busy details or just the blocks? When I open planner from my account, I can see the datails of other people. When I go in as Joe Ordinary User I see the blocks but not the details. Thanks Steve this is done through the rights on the Calendar folder (right-click...