Thank you very much

Folks

For the last year I've been asking various questions here in this
newsgroup.

Thanks to all for answering my questions.

Sincerely, Tony Toews
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
Tony

"Tony Toews" <ttoews@telusplanet.net> wrote in message
> Folks
> For the last year I've been asking various questions
> here in this newsgroup.
> Thanks to all for answering my questions.
> Sincerely, Tony Toews

Are you going somewhere, Tony?

Mike

0
Mike
9/10/2010 7:02:11 AM
On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 08:02:11 +0100, "Mike Williams"
<Mike@WhiskyAndCoke.com> wrote:

>> Folks
>> For the last year I've been asking various questions
>> here in this newsgroup.
>> Thanks to all for answering my questions.
>> Sincerely, Tony Toews
>
>Are you going somewhere, Tony?

No.   I just figured a thank you was appropriate.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
Tony

Thanks to all who answered my questions
I want to thank you all for answering my questions. I guess I cant email a native Pocket Word of Excel file to someone without Active Sync, or in the case of Pocket Excel (to someone without a PocketPC). Yes I do have TextMaker office, but it does not allow password protecting of native Word and Excel files as I understand. So the solution was to create password protected zip files with native MS office files in them. I wont send the data that I wish to send in the body of any email message, nor will I sent it without a password as the risks are too high. Thanks again. John -- ...

How much text can I type into a single cell in Excel?
I created a form in Excel with fill-in-the-blank formatting. Everything is working beautifully except for one thing. I have one cell that I need to record quite a bit of information in. Although everything I typed is all there in the formula bar, it cuts off half the text in the cell. I've increased the row height, have it set to wrap text and merge cells but nothing seems to make a difference. I can't locate anything in the help menu that addresses it. Thanks, Kathleen Try inserting a manual return in your text (ALT-ENTER) every so often. It should help make the text visible...

How do I customise the colour of cell shading? Thank you
I would like to custom pick the colour of an excel cell from a colour wheel [Excel | Format | Cells | Pattern] only has pre-chosen colours to choose from. I want to create my own colours. Is this possible? Many thanks, Anna. Excel has a colour palette of 56 colours, of which 40 are exposed in the dropdown. You can change any of these colours with Tools>Options>color and click Modify. You can make this the default by doing this in a new workbook, save it as a template file named Book.xlt, and store it in the XLStart directory. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if m...

Help Please: Missing emails need to be restored....How To....Thanks
Hello, Prior to working on a friends computer, I backed up her pst file. She had on huge attachment that was trying to send, and consequently slowing down her whole system. I just deleted that email and presto, her machine was back to norml. I was praised. About a day or two later, she called me to tell me some of her email had vanished. Everything else was functional, but many of her emails (sent, etc.) were gone. I told her I would come by and use the backup of her pst file to restore the missing emails. Does anybody have a step by step, idiot's guide to restoring some of the em...

SMTP incoming routing based on UserID..Urgent please...thanks in a
Hi, I have my requirement as follows: - I have a single domain called test.mail.biz i want that all my incoming e-mails should land to my exchange server. However, there are few "users" whose mailboxes are on a different non-exchange server. I have MX record and remote domain configured on SMTP host for normal domain based routing. Is there any method by which I can tell SMTP that any mails coming for user1@test.mail.biz should get relayed to some other server?rest of the users should get relay to my exchange mail server. Any help appreciated. Thanks again This might work: ...

User seeing too much data
I have a user who has changed from a view all role to a restricted view role, everything has been updated on his user profile including removing his old role and adding him to the new role but on some views within CRM he can still see data that was linked to his old role. User was a customer service rep who at one time was the owner of several hundred records and had full organizational view privlages. About 6 months ago he changed to a sales position which he now owns a new group of records and should only be able to access and see the records he owns. The records he used to own hav...

thanks #2
Thanks JoAnne Paules for your info. The tele. number on the page you posted was for free info as well as for a fee , but I recieved the info I needed for free and noe am installing my old microsoft piblisher 98 thanks to you......... Yea!! :-) Free is my favorite price. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "fred" <fred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6ebb01c475e3$c2233610$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Thanks JoAnne Paules for your info. The tele. number on > the page you posted was for free info as well as for a > fee , but I recieved the inf...

get-qadcomputer - taking too much memory
gc c:\machines.txt | get-qadcomputer| foreach { $computer = $_.name $computer $ou = $_.parentcontainerdn -match "^ou=(.+),ou=(.+),dc=powershell,dc=com$" $actual_ou = $matches[2] # write to file # $a = "$computer `t $actual_ou" $a | out-file -filepath $Summarypath -append # remove variable # remove-variable ou remove-variable actual_ou remove-variable a remove-variable computer [GC]::Collect() } Try this: gc c:\machines.txt | get-qadcomputer | select name,@{n='OU';e={$_.ParentContainer.split("/")[1...

Exchange 5.5
Running Exchange 5.5 on NT 4.0 service pack 6a The priv.edb has grown to 12 gigs in size. What must be done to determine which users are using the most email space? On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 12:08:27 -0700, "Don Pickering" <donpick1@hotmail.com> wrote: >Running Exchange 5.5 on NT 4.0 service pack 6a >The priv.edb has grown to 12 gigs in size. >What must be done to determine which users are using the most email space? > You can look in Exchange Administrator and (from a bad memory) drill down into the server, store and then something else. You can then see all the user...

Thanks! 05-30-10
Thanks to all those who contributed their time and knowledge is such an unselfish manner. I'm really going to miss my daily read here. Mike ...

RE: GAL Help, Many Thanks
Sorry to bother you again im a little confused with the distingushed name, what is it exactally that i am looking for? Many Thanks Lee Also When i try to run ADSIEDIT it says that the command is incorrect? Many Thanks Lee J "Bharat Suneja [MVP]" wrote: > Yes, DSACLS is a command-line utility. > > For the GAL issue, you can try separating the GALs for students and > teachers. This is accomplished by creating a separate Address List for > students, filtering out teachers from this AL, removing permissions for > students on the default AL and assigning permi...

Project Start Date Changes to so much early
Hi, I was working with Microsoft Project yesterday. I was originally maintaining the project file manually. But now that we have a server, I was preparing my file to be uploaded. I erased all my resources there (because I will reassign resources created in the server once the file gets uploaded). As I was erasing the resources in my project file, things change to those tasks which have been tracked. There are some tasks whose start date changed to so much earlier like 1/6/84. My project time range is only year of 2010. Some tasks finish date also changes to unreas...

Excel things my spreadsheet is much bigger than it is
I'm having a problem with certain spreadsheets where if I do a ctrl-end to go to the end of the sheet, I am taken much further than I should be if it were only going based on blank cels. Even if I do a "clean contents" for that cel, or delete the entire row, I still get taken there with ctrl-end. I've even got one sheet that thinks it has 65535 rows, at least that is where ctrl-end takes me. How can I clear up these cells that Excel thinks are active so I can have ctrl-end go to the correct spot, and make things like the Excel file comparer that I use work a lot faste...

HOW MUCH COST OF OUTLOOK:
Hello, How much cost do I have to pay an Outlook? David David Johnson <david099@earthlink.net> wrote: > How much cost do I have to pay an Outlook? The price varies with the retailer. There is no fixed price. On average, expect to pay about US $100 to 125. -- Brian Tillman You can pay me $55/hr and I'll be your lookout. Just as long as you're not into fracturing any local, state, or federal laws. Awe heck... I plan on running for congress someday... so breaking a law or two would be ok. Future Senator Bob Innes "David Johnson" <david099@earthlin...

Thanks to the Group
Thanks to all those who have helped me in the past. I dont know what I would have done without the sugestions I have gotten from this group. Everyone has been extreamly helpfull giving me tips that I could not find in any book or help file. To all of you who help out us Newbies... Thanks Steve ...

Thanks guys
I'll look into both ideas. Hopefully one will work for me. ...

how to delete/archive huge data from a table without much issues!
Have a table which sales data from the year 2000. The Database doesn't seem to have any archival mechanism as of now. Now the mgmt feels they don't need data beyond last 'n' years. So delete all those data which is beyond 'n' years is a huge process as i feel it would fill up the transaction log. What would be the best way to approach this problem. Regards Pradeep On 2010-06-18 2:51, SqlBeginner wrote: > Have a table which sales data from the year 2000. The Database doesn't seem > to have any archival mechanism as of now. Now the mgmt feels...

THANKS FOR THE HELP
THANKS for the help. Now I know that i should move on and get an English version. ...

OE restoration / thanks to MVP/s
Some while ago (within last couple of weeks?) I got some help here over the question of restoring OE folders, messages, contacts etc to a new computer. It took me a while to get to it but I finally did it, using a mixture of importing and opening the 'new' OE and closing it again, renaming the duly created folders and moving the 'old' backed up OE folders into the correct location and reopening OE. Worked a treat after some attempts. (By backed up folders I mean folders I had put into a known place and included in my daily backup schedule.) In the original t...

Outlook 2003 using too much CPU on Vista
Outlook 2003 on Vista constantly uses 40%+ of the CPU. What is it doing? Didn't do this on XP. Also, when I close it it doesn't completely shut down. I usually have to kill it after 5 or 10 mins. I have a dual-core cpu running at 1.9 GHz. -- Don Gollahon Do you have any addins installed Are you using any applications that access outlook data? (including syncing with a pda) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ ...

Thanks #2
That works great Frank. Thanks so much for your help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Nevermind, found the answer....but thanks!
I found the answer but thanks anyway :) Randy, It would be helpful if you stayed in the ORIGINAL thread so that all will know what you are talking about. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Randy Lefferts" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:450701c4891c$c60cbe30$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I found the answer but thanks anyway :) When I posted this I "WAS" in the original thread but must have hit New Post instead of Post Reply. I had already discovered that I posted incorrectly and reposted to the correct thread, 5 minutes...

Cost of Goods Sold question thanks! Crossposted to biz.comp.accounting
Hey all! I use money porfessional 2005 and I have been diligent in entering the cost of each of my items correctly when i enter new inventory items. I am disappointed, however, when i see the report i get for my schedule C, as it seems to be spitting out the *entire amount i have spent on goods for the year* as my COGS, rather than the exact COST of the GOODS that i have actually SOLD!!! LOL :D so what am i doing wrong? thanks to all! Casey ...

How much is AX for Retail?
I've been using RMS for 5 years with 2 stores, patiently waiting for more updated version. I noticed on MS website that Dynamics AX for Retail was just released. It looks all good but sounds very expensive. Does anyone know how much? It sounds like more than $10k to 100k or more. That would leave most of RMS users out of reach. Hi, Please drop an email to get the pricing details. MV nj.tech@hotmail.com "zzee" wrote: > I've been using RMS for 5 years with 2 stores, patiently waiting for > more updated version. I noticed on MS website that Dynamics AX ...

Too much wired! CreateFile doesn't works
#define NT_DEVICE_NAME L"\\Device\\ISA" #define DOS_DEVICE_NAME L"\\DosDevices\\ISA" / **********************************************************************/ // Initialise NT and Symbolic link names UNICODE_STRING ntDeviceName ; UNICODE_STRING win32DeviceName ; //?????? RtlInitUnicodeString( &ntDeviceName , NT_DEVICE_NAME ) ; //???????? // RtlInitUnicodeString( &win32DeviceName , DOS_DEVICE_NAME ); RtlInitUnicodeString( &win32DeviceName , DOS_DEVICE_NAME ); // Create our device ?????? KdPrint( ( " Call IoCreateDevice ... \n\...