Solved! (This time for sure! - $1 to Bullwinkle J. Moose)

Wait... Bullwinkle?  Boris?  Hmmm....

Boris, I owe you.  I never in a million years would have guessed it was the
icon, but that's exactly what it was.  I just got an e-mail from the client.
The system now works 100%.

If by chance you are on facebook, please add me as a friend, or just send me
an e-mail sometime - discgolfdad@cox.net

And say "Hi!" to Natasha for me!

0
Frisbee

I don't know Bullwinkle, and Boris is not my real name, but I'm glad it
works now!
Cheers!!

0
Boris
4/17/2010 12:06:40 PM
On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 14:06:40 +0200, Boris Pauljev
<nordiccoder@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I don't know Bullwinkle, and Boris is not my real name, but I'm glad it
>works now!
>Cheers!!

Exactly what we would expect Boris to say.

Hmmmmm

-ralph
0
ralph
4/17/2010 1:51:59 PM
On 16/04/2010 23:36, Frisbee� wrote:
> Wait... Bullwinkle?  Boris?  Hmmm....
>
> Boris, I owe you.  I never in a million years would have guessed it was the
> icon, but that's exactly what it was.  I just got an e-mail from the client.
> The system now works 100%.

Is there any context to this?
You seem to have created a new thread with no relation to the original
so the majority of people will have no idea what it relates to..

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley@icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems

Please reply to the group.)
0
Dee
4/19/2010 11:47:34 AM
Dee Earley wrote:
> On 16/04/2010 23:36, Frisbee� wrote:
>> Wait... Bullwinkle?  Boris?  Hmmm....
>>
>> Boris, I owe you.  I never in a million years would have guessed it
>> was the icon, but that's exactly what it was.  I just got an e-mail
>> from the client. The system now works 100%.
>
> Is there any context to this?
> You seem to have created a new thread with no relation to the original
> so the majority of people will have no idea what it relates to..

Sorry, Dee, yes I most certainly did.

I'm not certain of the original thread subject or I would have searched for
it (I hide read messages in my newsreader).

In a nutshell, I had one client who had one machine fail after an update.
Where it was failing made no sense, since I'd not made any changes to the
main form (or logon form) in a very long time.  Would get an "unexpected
error" when running on Terminal Services, but only running that way, plus
nobody else had that problem.  Had put debugging code and determined that it
was going completely through the form_initialize event but never reaching
the form_load event.

Turns out, as per Boris' suggestion, it was an icon I had replaced
system-wide, since I took over the company I worked for for the last 25
years as they closed their doors and gave me ownership of my own code - had
to form my own company, create my own logo (and thereby icon) and made that
change to the system.  What's strange is that it apparently ONLY affected
Terminal Services - I don't know that any of my other clients are running
under TS.  I also suspect the the file was corrupt (created from a jpg or
png file on a web site that creates favicons) but also that I noticed a 146k
icon file (as opposed to the 4-5k one it should have been.  Unfortunately,
when you check the form icon property, VB does NOT show you the source
path/filename so I can't confirm that I was using the 146k version, but I
suspect I was.

Regardless, creating a new one (from the same site) and making SURE that was
the one every form used seems to have solved the problem.

0
Frisbee
4/19/2010 1:16:28 PM
Frisbee� wrote:
> Dee Earley wrote:

>> Is there any context to this?
>> You seem to have created a new thread with no relation to the original
>> so the majority of people will have no idea what it relates to..
>
> Sorry, Dee, yes I most certainly did.
>
> I'm not certain of the original thread subject or I would have searched for
> it (I hide read messages in my newsreader).

It turns out traffic here is low enuff and saw/responded to earlier
thread so I recognized but...

In general, I would _strongly_ recommend for you to at least not do that
for your own threads if you have any intention at all of following them;
doing this frequently will earn you many demerits and risk folks
learning not to read/respond at all...

dpb

Barra de Publicidade que =?ISO-8859-1?Q?d=E1?= dinheiritos !!! #4
Se queres ganhar uns Euritos s� tens de instalar esta barra de publicidade, que podes at� minimizar ou fechar em caso de utilizar programas de ecr� completo. N�o incomoda nada, nem consome recursos. Apenas d� dinheiro, �ptima para quando deixas o comptdor a sacar a noite toda... Recebes o dinheiro na tua conta PayPal. http://www.eurobarre.com/index_fr.php?p=373093897695 100% seguro by CrashOverride If you want to earn money just by sitting in front of your PC, just install this Bar that shows some publicity now and then. 100% safe, no malicious ware. http://www.eurobarre.com...

Make outlook run as if its the first time
Hello How do I make outlook run as if it is the first time? I messed with the settings... pleaseeeeeeee help! Guy >How do I make outlook run as if it is the first time? >I messed with the settings... pleaseeeeeeee help! Uninstall it and reinstall it. What settings did you change that no longer meet your requirements? Why not simply change them back? -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for Smiths, and Smiths doesn't speak for me. "Br...

Importing Item List for the first time
We are currently change over from Quickbooks Accounting 2002 Pro to MS Retail Management System and need to know the easist way to import item list into MS POS. -- Dan Hausbeck Dan, Easiest is to upgrade to QB 2003 or higher. Then follow these instructions; https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;836444 Otherwise, does 2002 give you the ability to export a report to Excel? If so, create a report of your inventory items, export to an Excel file and then use the unsupported RMS Import Utility, again in CustomerSource. I think you are going to _have_ to upda...

Converting Numbers to Time (A second probelm)
Due to several peoples help in this group I learned some very helpful date/time functions but here is one that has since eluded me... What I am trying to do it convert... 1/6/1900 22:40:25 to the total number of hours and seconds. As if the start date was 1/1/1900 00:00:00. Or in other words I have a start date of 4/6/2005 11:54:53 End date of 4/7/2005 14:07:00 Total time of 1/1/1900 2:12:07 How do i convert the 1/1/1900 2:12:07 into 26:12:07 Thanks for all your help, Steve smonczka@hotmail.com Just format the answer cell as [hh]:mm:ss -- HTH Bob Phillips "Smonczka" <...

how can i solve error code 57
plese helpe about error code 57 tanks a lot mah mah wrote: > plese helpe about error code 57 > tanks a lot > mah Please read this and repost with pertinent information so that someone *may* assist you: How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 Tanks ? We ain't got no steenkin' tanks. MowGreen =============== *-343-* FDNY Never Forgotten =============== banthecheck.com "Security updates should *never* have *non-security content* prechecked" ...

Pulling Kronos Activity Time Into Great Plains
Does anyone one know how to import labor hours into Great Plains 8.0? We use Kronos Workforce Activities to track our labor time. Use Integration Manager or eConnect. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Chad A" wrote: > Does anyone one know how to import labor hours into Great Plains 8.0? We use > Kronos Workforce Activities to track our labor time. ...

Unable to Install 1.3R?
I am getting an install shield error when attempting to install 1.3R. What is this? Jocelyn Nevermind. The comp I am installing on has not been used for a long time and needed updates. Oops! "Jocelyn" wrote: > I am getting an install shield error when attempting to install 1.3R. What is > this? > > Jocelyn ...

Help! Search & Replacing time formats
Hi I have a whole spreadsheet full of fields similiar to the following 10:00AM 12:15PM 2:25PM 4:40PM 7:00PM 9:20PM 10:00PM 12:20PM 2:25PM 4:30PM 7:15PM 10:00AM 12:30PM 2:45PM 9:15PM 10:40AM 1:10PM 5:00PM 7:20PM 9:35PM etc. I need to convert all times to 24 hour, and drop the AM & PM. The later is easy, but how do I do a quick Search & Replace without incorrectly converting 10:**AM to 22:** etc. Any tips would be appreciated. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly fro...

Time Card setups
Hello, We are implementing HR for a client. What is the best practice in importing Time Code assignments to employees and establishing beginning leave balances? -- Greg. ...

Add time to a date time group
Hi, thanks for any help in advance I have my date and time displayed in this format dd hhmm "K" mmm yy which shows up as 03 1800 K Sep 08. I would like a formula that will add 30 min to this time group so it becomes 03 1830 K Sep 08 Assume your date/time is in A1, then you can do this in another cell: =3DA1+30/24/60 Format the cell in the same way as A1 (using the Format Painter icon). Times are stored in Excel as fractions of a 24-hour day, hence the divisions by 24 and 60. Hope this helps. Pete On Sep 4, 12:28=A0am, Patrick <Patr...@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Cube View required to count Milestones over time
I have a basic Data Analysis view which counts milestones over time..however I now what to count a breakdown of those milestones over time..I have Milestone types 1,2 and 3. I have created a Milestone Type custom field at task level to set a value against each milestone ie 1, 2 or 3. How do I then get this Milestone Type field into the Cubes in order to add it to the view? Which cube should I be using etc?? ...

Average interpurchase times
Table is organized like this: Date Purchase Quantity 01/02/2010 12 01/23/2010 45 05/04/2010 10 07/06/2010 5 .... How do I calculate the average time between purchase? Thank you for any help you can provide. Drew Yallop -- Drew Yallop SELECT Avg([Date]-DMin("[Date]","Yallop")) AS AvgDaysBetweenPurchases FROM Yallop; BTW: Date is a very bad name for a field or table. It's a reserved word and can cause problems if you forget to put the [ ] around it. Read more about reserved words at: http://supp...

HTML Email templates in MS CRM 1.2
Dear all, In MS CRM version 1.0 there was the possibility to include HTML in an email template. When you would include some table, link or image html tags in the email they would be converted and diplayed as html. Our problem is that version 1.2 doesn't seem to support this any longer. Is this true or is there another way to do this. If it is remover, why has that been done. Regards, Edwin Jongsma, Accenture ------=_NextPart_0001_0993C774 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, Yes this is a removal in v 1.2 to disallow scripting via the editor. Thanks, Priya J...

Run Time Error 3711
I get this run error occsionally on a machine with Store Operations Manager running XP Pro. Run Time Error 3711 I would appreciate any help. Tony ...

Outlook Multiple Profiles at the Same Time
I have two separate icons set up on my desktop to call Outlook using /profiles switch for profiles A & B. I can double click one for A, and it opens my POP3 account for profile A. Then I close it and double click one for B, then it opens my Exchange Server account for profile B. The problem is if I don't close the one for profile A and try to open the one for B, then even if the switch is set to open profile B, it just opens profile A again. Can someone tell me how I can have two separate Outlook for two separate profiles open at the same time? Adding POP3 to my Exchange S...

Access Denied when connecting to CRM 1.0
Hi, When accessing the MS CRM 1.0 Server I am always receiving the 401.3 error, access denied/unauthorised to access this resource etc... I am a domain user on a computer connected to the domain (SBS2003 with CRM running on a Win2K Server). IIS 5 is configured for Windows Authentication only and the web page is prompting for a username and password but failing for my domain user account however it succeeds for the domain administrator account. I have an MSDN edition of CRM and have licensed it successfully using the MSDN Subscriber Organisation etc. I am registered in the CRM as a user with ...

Solved! (This time for sure!
Wait... Bullwinkle? Boris? Hmmm.... Boris, I owe you. I never in a million years would have guessed it was the icon, but that's exactly what it was. I just got an e-mail from the client. The system now works 100%. If by chance you are on facebook, please add me as a friend, or just send me an e-mail sometime - discgolfdad@cox.net And say "Hi!" to Natasha for me! I don't know Bullwinkle, and Boris is not my real name, but I'm glad it works now! Cheers!! On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 14:06:40 +0200, Boris Pauljev <nordiccoder@hotmail.com> wrote...

Suming Up Time over the course of days
I have a sheet the contains event durations on specific days. Some days have more than one event. I would like to add up all the event times for each day on a second sheet and (line) chart the results there. The list get longer with each event. Tuesday Nov.2 2010 10:16 am 00:37:22 Tuesday Nov.2 2010 08:28 am 00:15:48 Monday Nov.1 2010 08:30 am 01:03:07 Sunday Oct.31 2010 06:36 pm 00:09:20 Sunday Oct.31 2010 06:17 pm 00:03:26 Sunday Oct.31 2010 05:27 pm 00:07:42 Sunday Oct.31 2010 11:15 am 00:27:19 Sunday Oct.31 2010 08:56 am 00:45:26 Saturday Oct.30 2010 12:44 pm ...

use a time value in a bar graph
i have values in a series like c5 9:01 d5 21:01 e5 =(d5-c5) I would like to use e5 in a bar graph it gives values which would make sense only to excel If the axis is formatted as time, it shouldn't be a problem. If it doesn't choose the scales to give clean divisions, you can choose an appropriate unit on the axis, such as 03:00. -- David Biddulph "pdfrone" <pdfrone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A8C14E9F-104A-464A-81B6-39DA2C679E71@microsoft.com... >i have values in a series > > like > > c5 9:01 > d5 21:01 > e5 =(d5-c5...

limit time for outgoing emails
Hi all, I`m running exchange 5.5 sp4. I wanted to know if it possible to control the time that mail can stay in the outbound of the mail internet connection or the number of time that exchange retry to send them? If it possible, what is recomended? Thank for the help, Tom I cant remember the exact location, but you can adjust those values on the IMS. Poke around, you'll find it. On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 19:47:44 -0400, "Tom" <tom@israelemb.org> wrote: >Hi all, >I`m running exchange 5.5 sp4. >I wanted to know if it possible to control the time that mail can stay i...

VB "run time error"
Hello, I was just wondering if anyone knows of a fix for a VB "run time error". I try and access a table and it's givng me an error message saying run time error. Any help would be great. Thanks. "Busty" <mrmarbles316@hotmail.com> wrote: >I was just wondering if anyone knows of a fix for a VB "run time error". I >try and access a table and it's givng me an error message saying run time >error. What is the exact error message? Tony -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can ...

One link breaks every time I open a workbook...
I have 3 workbooks tied together with links. One is a source only, the other two push and pull data. One of the sources, Payroll Master, on opening updates all links fine to the source only workbook but not to the third workbook (which is in the parent directory). Every time I open it it prompts me to show it where the Payroll Entry is. Doesn't matter if I hit cancel and do Edit Links, I can change it there, but will still lose it upon closing (the link appears in the box and looks ok, just won't update...) Try going Edit->Links. Break the link and re-establish it? That m...

Tracking Time
Hi all, i want to build a time tracking function in order to track each occasion a record in Table A is being updated. Table B stores the Time, Now(), Name, fOSUserName() and a field related to the Key field of table A. When a record in the form related to table A is updated (on the Before update event) i want this to be recorded in Table B... Question: Do i need a separate form (not visible) to capture this data or can i code Form A, on the Before Update event or on the Close event, to update the related record in Table B? Thanks! Hi Peter What you are trying to do ...

How do I sample hourly data one time per day
I have hourly data from an instrument and would like to reduce the data set (see example below) to one point per day, either by selecting a specific time (e.g., 00:00) each day, or by averaging all of the values for one day. The data files may contain more than one month's worth of data per file (i.e., quite large files). 8/11/2006 00:00 17.06 8/11/2006 01:00 17.05 8/11/2006 02:00 17.05 8/11/2006 03:00 17.05 8/11/2006 04:00 17.05 8/11/2006 05:00 17.05 8/11/2006 06:00 17.06 8/11/2006 07:00 17.06 8/11/2006 08:00 17.05 8/11/2006 09:00 17.06 8/11/2006 10:00 17.06 8/11/2006 11:00 17.06 8...

Daylight saving time Strange behaviour
Hi, I have created an application where I am using CTime( int nYear,int nMonth,int nDay,int nHour,int nMin,int nSec,int nDST = -1); Constructor to change the dates to UTC before saving them to database. I have set my timezone to Easterntime(US&Canada) which is 5 hrs behind GMT. I entered the following date, 01\11\2006 12:00:00PM.When its converted to UTC,the date its showing is 01\11\2006 4:00:00PM. In 2006,DST ended on 29\10\2006,thus ideally it should show 01\11\2006 5:00:00PM. This behaviour is shown for dates ranging from 30\10\2006 to 4\11\2006. Analysing the issue,I checked my...