register ocx on Windows 7 64 bit

Hallo,

I have VB 6 running on windows 7. For a given project, I need some ocx
files. I have copied the the files into the SysWow64 directory and
registered. There have also worked out all but the wheels.ocx
(http://www.vb4all.de/cgi-bin/loadframe.pl?ID=vb/komponenten/komponente0018.shtml).
During the registration, it always appears the message "module not found
....", but this file exists in this directory.

What can it be?
Jan

0
Jan

"Jan Lorenz" <knarzer77@gmx.de> wrote in message

> I have VB 6 running on windows 7. For a given project, I need
> some ocx files. I have copied the the files into the SysWow64
> directory and  registered. There have also worked out all but
> the wheels.ocx
> (http://www.vb4all.de/cgi-bin/loadframe.pl?ID=vb/komponenten/komponente0018.shtml).
> During the registration, it always appears the message "module
> not found ...", but this file exists in this directory. What can it be?

Perhaps there is a dependency missing? Have you checked it with Dependency
Walker?

Mike

0
Mike
8/5/2010 12:52:00 PM
"Jan Lorenz" <knarzer77@gmx.de> wrote in message
> Hallo,
>
> I have VB 6 running on windows 7. For a given project, I need some ocx
> files. I have copied the the files into the SysWow64 directory and
> registered. There have also worked out all but the wheels.ocx
> (http://www.vb4all.de/cgi-bin/loadframe.pl?ID=vb/komponenten/komponente0018.shtml).
> During the registration, it always appears the message "module not found
> ...", but this file exists in this directory.

Dependency Walker shows that it needs MSVBVM50.DLL.

0
Nobody
8/5/2010 1:04:46 PM
On 05/08/2010 14:04, Nobody wrote:
> "Jan Lorenz"<knarzer77@gmx.de>  wrote in message
>> Hallo,
>>
>> I have VB 6 running on windows 7. For a given project, I need some ocx
>> files. I have copied the the files into the SysWow64 directory and
>> registered. There have also worked out all but the wheels.ocx
>> (http://www.vb4all.de/cgi-bin/loadframe.pl?ID=vb/komponenten/komponente0018.shtml).
>> During the registration, it always appears the message "module not found
>> ...", but this file exists in this directory.
>
> Dependency Walker shows that it needs MSVBVM50.DLL.

Which you also need to install with the other VB5 runtime DLLs. I'm not
sure exactly what's required but it should be easy to find out with  bit
of research.

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley@icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems

Please reply to the group.)
0
Dee
8/6/2010 10:12:25 AM
Hi,

"Dee Earley" <dee.earley@icode.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> On 05/08/2010 14:04, Nobody wrote:
>> Dependency Walker shows that it needs MSVBVM50.DLL.
>
> Which you also need to install with the other VB5 runtime DLLs. I'm not
> sure exactly what's required but it should be easy to find out with  bit
> of research.

Thank you very much for your good help.

regards
Jan

0
Jan
8/9/2010 7:46:08 AM
Dee Earley laid this down on his screen :
> On 05/08/2010 14:04, Nobody wrote:
>> Dependency Walker shows that it needs MSVBVM50.DLL.
>
> Which you also need to install with the other VB5 runtime DLLs. I'm not sure
> exactly what's required but it should be easy to find out with  bit of
> research.

FILE: Msvbvm50.exe Installs Visual Basic 5.0 Run-Time Files
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/180071

--
[For the sake of the archives...]

0
Karl

How to subclass an MFC window?
Is there any easy way of overriding the responses to some messages to a CWnd-derived object buried deep within MFC? One reason for the question is: In the old days CMainFrame was derived from CMDIFrameWnd and this had a member HWND m_hWndMDIClient; To draw the background of this window I used to do a SubclassWindow( ) on it, and with my own CWnd-derived object, respond to WM_ERASEBKGND messages. Nowadays CMainFrame is derived from CMDIFrameWndEx and this has a member CMDIClientAreaWnd m_wndClientArea; and (I think) because a CWnd object already exists for the M...

IE 7 and Restricted sites
I went into restricted sites and add facebook on my son's computer and now I would like to remove that so he can get to facebook. The problem is when I go back into restricted sites it is not listed; however when I open up the facebook page it show at the bottom restricted site. How do I remove this to allow him to go there? He has Microsoft Vista on is computer. Thank you Sheila Are you thinking of Content Advisor vs. Restricted Sites security zone? [Placing facebook.com in Restricted Sites zone wouldn't keep him from accessing the website.] sheila4typing wrote: ...

Read Receipts #7
I have two offices with a 20-computer windows 2k network at each, with Outlook 2k CW installed on all computers. All clients at both offices are set to automatically send a read receipt. If somebody at office A sends a message to everybody in office A, they get a receipt from all. If somebody at office A sends a message to everybody at office B, they receive a read receipt from ONE recipient only. Why would they not receive a receipt from the others at office B. Thanks. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usen...

Tab windows in SDI
I wish to create a tabbed window using CTabCtrl in an SDI application, where each of the tabbed windows is actually a class derived from CView class. Is there a way to do this? If not what would be a better way to do this? Any help will be really appreciated. Thanks Riya wrote: > I wish to create a tabbed window using CTabCtrl in an SDI application, > where each of the tabbed windows is actually a class derived from CView > class. > > Is there a way to do this? If not what would be a better way to do > this? Any help will be really appreciated. > > Thanks > I...

Console App w/ MFC (hiding console window)
I've created a console app and added MFC support. The idea is that my app can run either with a dialog user interface or a console. It all works fine except that I cannot figure out how to hide the console window when running in the dialog ui mode. Anyone know how I might do this? -Brett- Brett , > I've created a console app and added MFC support. The idea is that my app > can run either with a dialog user interface or a console. It all works fine > except that I cannot figure out how to hide the console window when running > in the dialog ui mode. You can set yo...

Transfer files and settings from Ultimate 64 to Pro 32 fails
I wanted to transfer my files and setting from my W7 Ultimate 64 bit to my Black Friday Netbook running 32 bit Pro with Easy Transfer. Seems that doesn't work. Are there any work arounds or must I manually transfer what I need? -- Sprocket in Texas Hi, Sprocket. It should work. It worked for me. HOW are you using WET? With a transfer cable? Or a thumb drive? A network? RC -- R. C. White, CPA San Marcos, TX rc@grandecom.net Microsoft Windows MVP Windows Live Mail 2009 (14.0.8089.0726) in Win7 Ultimate x64 "Sprocket" <Sprocket@discussions.mi...

Page Breaks #7
How do I remove the page break lines (-------) around the pages after I go into print view mode??? tools>options>view and uncheck page break Regards, Peo Sjoblom "chris" wrote: > How do I remove the page break lines (-------) around the pages after I go > into print view mode??? Chris Tools>Options>View Tab Then deselect 'Page Break' at bottom left. Alex "chris" wrote: > How do I remove the page break lines (-------) around the pages after I go > into print view mode??? ...

windows update 03-11-10
do i need to keep all those updates on my PC ie... the updates that have been installed over a year ago? "timbo" <timbo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BA5D186-44CD-4E17-B6E0-13385C151E1C@microsoft.com... > do i need to keep all those updates on my PC ie... the updates that have > been installed over a year ago? Why does this cause you concern ? -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." timbo wrote: > do i need to keep all those updates on my PC ie... the up...

Adding field in Scrolling window
Hello: I was wondering how can I add a field in scrolling window if it is not mapped in DB? Thanks candidcarper Use a local field, and assign a value to it in the Fill script on the scrolling window. "ammad_u@yahoo.com" wrote: > Hello: > > I was wondering how can I add a field in scrolling window if it is not > mapped in DB? > > Thanks > > candidcarper > > ...

how to copy conmanclient.exe and related files to the windows folder of device
I need to debug a winCE application over the ethernet using Visual Studio. I have connected to the device over the ethernet and now need to run conmanclient2.exe and cmaccept.exe before I can start debugging. However, I don't know how to copy these files over the ethernet. Please guide me. Thankyou! -- Message posted via http://www.pocketpcjunkies.com Remote File Viewer (Visual Studio Remote Tools from your start menu) -- Luca Calligaris (MVP-Windows Embedded) lucaDOTcalligarisATeurotechDOTcom www.eurotech.com "amephraim via PocketPCJunkies.com" <u583...

Works2000 and Windows 98
Is Works 2000 compatible with Windows 98??? ...

I want to make a VBScript to control Windows Media Player
Hi all, I'm able to control WMP through the shell but I think is not the cleanest solution. Can anybody help me on how to make the VBScript to use the WMP Activex or COM automation? I've found some reference about Player object and WMPLib but so far I've been getting compile or run time errors. the actions I want to do are: 1. Open the file I want to play 2. Start play 3. wait 10 seconds. 4. Pause/Stop play 5. wait 10 seconds. 6. return to step no. 2. I would appreciate your help very much. Regards. -- God grants us all at the cost of effort. Il giorno Wed,...

Logon Window never remembers my password
Hi, Despite setting up all the server settings correctly, the username and password screen pops up every time I want to send/receive mail. It's driving me crazy! How do I fix it? Thanks! :) Sharon Check here to see if any of the advice helps: http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/passwordnotremembered.htm -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "Sharon Leonard" wrote: > Hi, > > Despite setting up all the server settings correctly, the userna...

Cannot turn off select multiple items in Windows
We have Windows XP workstations running on a Windows Server 2003 domain. Sometimes, when a user clicks on a file in a folder, then clicks on another file in that same folder, all items in between the two get selected. The Shift key is not being pressed though. How do I turn this off? Up till now, all I can figure out is to logoff and login again. Anthony Fontana wrote: > We have Windows XP workstations running on a Windows Server 2003 > domain. Sometimes, when a user clicks on a file in a folder, then > clicks on another file in that same folder, all items in b...

Report window is so small
Every time I open a report, the window of the report is so small and also I have to Zoom in every time I want to read it. I also have to drag the window so it gets bigger. Is there a way to automatically have the size of the window say 700 x 500 pixels? And also I want to have it zoomed in so it looks like a word document with font Arial size 10? Aprox. that size at least. Any help is very much appreciated. Regards Jan T. You can use the event OnOpen Procedure use docmd.movesize to adjust the position and size "Jan T." <MyFirstName.MyLastName@hotmail.com> wrote in...

When a window minimize, what messages will be posted.
When a window minimize, what messages will be posted? Marco, That's an interesting question, especially since you are explicitly looking for messages that are "posted", i.e. messages that end up in the message queue and therefore are processed by the GetMessage/Dispatch message sequence. As a minimum, assuming that you placed the mouse cursor over the Minimze icon in the title bar, you would see the following in this order : 1. WM_NCMOUSEMOVE 2. WM_NCLBUTTONDOWN Additionally, one may expect to see the following message in the message queue: WM_SYSCOMMAND (with wParam ...

SBS 2003 and Windows 7 Folder Redirection
Hi I have a simple Windows 2003 server, and we have 4 XP Pro clients... I have setup folder redirection for Desktop and My Documents to my users home directory.., and this works fine..., no problems... We have just brought a Windows 7 machine, and I have added it to the Domain and usual, rebooted and logged in, but the folder redirection doesn't seem to be working...? Is there something else I have to do here to get this to work...? Any help is mush appreciated.... Col Vista and Windows 7 use a different group policy for folder redirection that is not backwar...

How do I view separate windows for Excel workbooks on desktop
I have read other advice in several similar answers, but nothing works, so far. "Tools, options, general, ignore other apps" does not work; "Tools, options, view, windows in task bar does not work". Seems I've seen "view separte windows" but I don't know where! Tools, Options, View tab, Windows in Taskbar *is* the proper setting. Could you be more specific about "does not work"? -TedMi "Sooz" <Sooz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1145C3D-898C-4CAE-A56B-4B597F41E0F4@microsoft.com... >I have read other ...

Re: New Beta Release Of Windows Live -- Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3002.0810) 08-23-10
The problem of WLM’s “stepping on itself” when compacting and freeing up empty space seems to have been fixed as well. Nancy ...

Windows XP Logon screen & Mails unread notification
Hello, When you startup Windows XP the login screen (if you've got the 'Fast User Switching' Service running) shows the number of emails unread. From where does it get this information ? (Is there an associated registry setting) Regards Steve Steve <news_svaardt@hotmail_NOSPAM_.com> wrote: > When you startup Windows XP the login screen (if you've got the 'Fast > User Switching' Service running) shows the number of emails unread. > From where does it get this information ? (Is there an associated > registry setting) Five seconds at Microsoft...

opening new window
Hello. I am working on having a commandfield link on a gridview open another window but in a more smaller regulated style (specified height, width, sizable, etc). An example is the window that opens up here to enter the new question/reply in. I seek help on how this is accomplished. Thanks. John You can bind a javascript function to commandField link on rowDataBound event. Inside javascript you can use this script window.open ("newpage.aspx", "mywindow","menubar=0,resizable=1,width=450,height=250"); -- Abdul Sami "JohnE" ...

Can someone help....??? Error 5.7.1
Hi guys: The user is authenticated, but whenerver he tries to email this person he gets this error. He can email anyone else but this user. Can someone please help me point or detect the problem? I have an SBS2000 and this is exchange 2000 Thanks in advance to everyone, Denise Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: job inquiry Sent: 1/10/2006 3:32 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: jisaacs1@uoregon.edu on 1/10/2006 3:32 PM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrato...

fail to link a pdf file in excel 2003 with Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Prof
My computer installed with Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Professional. When I inserted a hyperlink in a cell of a worksheet to open a pdf file, it failed. However, it can be opened in a computer with Adobe Reader only. What's the problem ! Thanks -- eva cheng ...

Split window in Outlook 2003? #2
Hello! I wonder if anyone knows if it's possible to split the window in Outlook 2003 so that you can see your e-mails (Inbox with preview) and your calender at the same time? I can only switch between e-mail and calender or open the calender in a seperate window. -- Andreas Andreas <Andreas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I wonder if anyone knows if it's possible to split the window in > Outlook 2003 so that you can see your e-mails (Inbox with preview) > and your calender at the same time? Outlook 2003 doesn't have that feature. > I can only switch ...

Windows Small Business Server 2003 Exchange Configuration Issue
I am having a problem configuring Exchange on a brand new install of Windows Small Business Server 2003. When I open the server management console and click on the Exchange folder an error occurs stating that the "snap-in failed to initialize". Any help would be greatly appreciated. -- Eric What error are you receiving? Try opening ESM from Start-Programs-Microsoft Exchange, what happens? Do you have SBS 2003 SP1 installed? -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Eric R. Wolfe" <ericwolfe@on-the-job.net> wrote i...