Problem updating Service reference

Hello,

I have a vb2008 solution with a WCF service project and UI project,
the service project and UI project has a reference to a core project, that's
project has one class usable for UI and service and referenced into all,

went I try to update a service reference in UI project,
appears a new datasource in service reference / Reference.svcmap,
into UI project the calls to common class appears with at "not a member"
error,
and the cast lines between types of service core class and ui core class
fails with "cannot be converted to" error because ui class and service class
are de the same

Any idea?

Thanks’ for all

"Albert" <Albert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Hello, I have a vb2008 solution with . . .

You have posted to the wrong group. This is a Visual Basic group and the
last version of Visual Basic is VB6. The product you are using is not Visual
Basic, despite its similarly sounding name. VB6 code does not compile in
VB2008 and VB2008 code does not compile in VB6. They are completely
different products. The name VB2008 is in fact a lie and is part of a
Micro$oft scam to fool the public in order to maximize profits, so it is not
surprising that you have yourself been fooled and have posted to the wrong
group. Some of the less dishonest people in Micro$oft have tacitly admitted
that VB2008 and other "dotnet" products (as they are commonly called) are
NOT really Visual Basic, and those people have therefore set up a new and
completely different newsgroup on the Micro$oft public servers for their new
and completely different product. I would suggest that you repost your
question there. The VB2008 group is:

    microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb

Mike

0
Mike

Problem in Service Calendar....
CRM 4.0 Create a Service Activity in CRM through your Service Calendar for a specific date and resource. It now appears in Service Calendar and that is perfectly okay. Now open this service activity and change the date to some other date. Service Calendar does not get refreshed and Service activity still appears on the old date. Closing/Opening the whole application does not help. It appears but only after few hours. Sounds like a bug??? Badri Hi Badri, Just to tell you that we have the same problem. I've created a post last week about that, but had no answer til now http://www.micro...

DST client update causing huge lag time in outlook2k3
I am the CRM Admin with 36 active clients who work remotely. We use CRM 3 SP1 Ver. 3.0.5300 w/ hot fix KB931270 and KB925874(DST) installed on both the client and Server. I run the offline version w/ sql 2005 express ver on my desktop. After the DST update was installed on my local desktop client My outlook would hang for from 30 seconds to 2 minutes trying to synch up with exchange. I recieve an error report from outlook saying that there are communication problems with exchange. The rest of the guys on the IT team check the Exc2k3 server and it is working flawlessly. I also have one ...

Problem displaying images
Hello, I have a question regarding pasted images in Word 2003. When I want to place a picture/image using copy-paste I get a shaded gray reference (like html code or location path) instead of the picture. I can only see the actual picture on the document when I select Print Layout, but not in any other layout (normal, reading, etc). The image does print, but how can I make Word display the image under any layout view? It used to do it, I am not sure what I changed on it. Any ideas? Thanks in advance Press Alt+F9 to toggle the display from field codes (what you're seeing)...

Problems with importing leads
I have to import 700 leads into MSCRM, so I decided to run a test on 10 of them. From a csv file I imported to leads mapping the fields. When the leads are imported more leads show up than were on the spreadsheet, some import correctly and others don't. For example, 1 lead turns into 2 and the data isn't in the correct field. Any suggestions?? Thanks. you need to validate the initial data in the csv file. For example if you have carriage return characters in a cell in the spreadsheet which you export to the csv file. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrm...

Connection problem with 60 day trial
This is a follow-up to a message I sent earlier today. I reveived a different error message: Error message: "Outlook Send/Receive Progress" "Task 'Account A – Sending' reported error ()x800CCC92): Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password in your account properties. Under Tools, click E-mail accounts." I made a change in my password, and that caused something to happen. Microsoft sent a test message to Account A and that was received by Account A. I then tried sending a message from Outlook to Account A and a second test ...

Some shared calendars do not reflect updates
Strange problem in Outlooks 2007 with Exchange 2007 hosted by Intermedia.net. We have a collection of resource accounts (meeting rooms) with shared calendars that we do bookings against. Some of these calendars refuse to update from cache unless we force an update with Shift+F9. Everything works fine if we turn off Cached Exchage Mode, of course, but operation becomes painfully slow. Deleting and rebuilding the .ost file does not help. Anyone else experiencing this? ...

MSM Plus performance problem
I recently upgraded from MSM2006 to MSM Plus... the installation went well and overall the new version is working good except for one MAJOR problem... Any time I go to the "home page" of MSM Plus, it takes anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes for the screen to display the information and sections (like account, budget, cash flow, etc). In MSM2006, going to the home page never took more than 30 seconds. Anyone expereince this same problem or have any suggestions? In microsoft.public.money, MikeP wrote: >I recently upgraded from MSM2006 to MSM Plus... the installation went >well an...

Field Service Non-Inventory Parts
Ability to use non-inventory parts in the parts section of field service. Most parts we use for repair are non-stocking parts. Be useful to have the ability so you can track and transfer field service parts the same way you do regular parts. That way when you do a tranfer pick list to a service truck you can make sure you have a full list of needed parts, instead of a generated one for inventory parts, and some manual made up one for parts you don't stock ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To v...

UPDATE Table with multiple textboxes
I have three unbound textboxes on a form. Each textbox is used to input the amount of money A,B,C deposited. textbox1 is labeled A, textbox2 labeled B,.... When the user clicks a button, I need to update the table to add a row for A then add a new row for B and then C. Below is the code I have so far for the update, but I can't figure out how to repeat the update for B & C. Lastly, the table has a field named 'memo'. I would like to add the textbox caption to that field on each record. So, for the first record, the deposit field would be whatever num...

sp2 problem with hotmail
I just installed SP2 for exchange 2003 on my exchange 2003. The problem I that is that my exchange server does not seem to receive any mail fom Hotmail server which it could prior to updating SP2 (dont' know why). I then went to \\exchange\mailroot\vsi1\UceArchive Folder, there are so many hotmail account archived by IMF2. How can I fix this problem by allowing internal staff being able to receive mail from Hotmail aacount ?? Thanks Did you configure IMF? You may have turned on the anti-spam features. Nue "hh" <hh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E1...

CRM portal to view customers (not service portal)
Hi, Is there any addon , which make it possible for partners to access CRM and update the status of customers. Is there any work around or way ? PS" i am not talking about viewing cases and service portal from 360 ". regards / Aami Hi Aami, One of the work around would entail programming and it would be to use Web Services to access your MS CRM data on the portal and modify the status of the customers. What are the areas which you are looking to edit over the portal? Is it only customers you are looking forward to viewing and maybe editing? It should not be too difficult f...

email problems
I am getting the following error message when I try to acces my email. Please advise. Thank you. An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'pop.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x80004005 In your browser go to http://mail.yahoo.com and log in to that account. Then clean out all the folders in your webmail. If you want to save any messages, create a new folder and move those messages to the new folder. Empty the spam and thrash folders also. Close webmail, then try Windows Mail again. Gary ...

Lookup() problem
I set up two lists, 200 employees names and 200 employee numbers. A couple of the numbers match the correct names but the rest of the numbers all pull the same employee name. =LOOKUP(C4,List!C4:C204,List!B4:B204) The first time I tried it seemed to pull the correct matching names and numbers then kabui it gets stuck. I tried deleting the entire lists cells and all and starting over but same thing. Anyone ever run into this before? Wayman Don't forget! When using Lookup(), the vector (second argument) must be sorted in ascending order. If it's not, you'll get what you ca...

CComboBox GetDlgItemText problem!
Hi ! I'm writing a little program with a CComboBox that I insert some options in (it's a drop list style) using CComboBox::InsertItem(int,lpctstr); _but_ , when I try, for exemple, to retreive the string value of the item X, I get an empty string... For exemple, CString szTmp; CComboBox::InsertItem(0, "test"); CComboBox::GetDlgItemText(0, szTmp); Now if I check the value of szTmp, it's empty :( I can get the _current_ selected string, for exemple the user actually select in the drop list "test" then I use CComboBox::GetWindowText to retreive "test...

Business Portal Query Problems
I installed Business Portal for a client some time last fall. Since that time, the site has not been used, but I know when I installed it, it worked fine. As of today, I can't seem to get anything to load correctly. For example, I go to the vendor list, and it says "Query found no results." I know that there are vendors. We have the Human Resources Self Service Suite installed, and I can see the employees, but when I click to see pay informaiton, I receive the message "Query found no results." Can you give me an idea of where to start to troubleshoot this is...

Problem with refunds
One or two times a week, when doing a refund to a credit card, after you tender the refund, the POS will suddenly quit. After checking the batch, the transaction is in there, but if you look in the journal, the receipt is blank with nothing on it. Any ideas? Can you see a credit card number associated with the refund under the SO Manager> Reports> Miscellaneous> Electronic Draft Capture Detailed, then generate for the data specified (when you know you saw this happen) and see if anything is listed for a cc number in the report. Additionally, are you guys running some kind...

MFC dialog dll problem
Hi Group I have put all dialogs that my app uses in a dll. This dialog dll is used by several apps. The problem is that when ever i add new dialog item inside the dll. i have to recompile all my app with the dll's lib file. Altough the app never uses the new dialog that i have just added into the dll. If i dont do this the app crashes when ever it tries to load one of the dialogs from the dll. How to get over this . Regards That is expected behavior when you use implicit linking. Your exe module needs import library to compile. Anytime you change a library code you have to rebu...

Debt Reduction Planner Problem #3
Hi, I have a problem with my Debt Reduction Planner and am hoping that someone will be able to help. I currently set up a plan to pay $1250 / month. After linking all bills to this plan, I pay the first bill. For some reason, once paid, all the other bills in my bill planner that have not yet been paid and are linked to my plan, increase automatically as if to say the original bill was never linked to my plan. For example: Planned Amount : $1250/month - The following amounts are automatically calculated by the debt planner: Bill 1 Due 11/2 - $500 Bill 2 Due 11/15 - $200 Bill 3 Due 1...

XML Serialization problem ( ver.2)
Hi folks! I have some XML Serialization problem. I searched Internet and found some good info but still can't resolve the problem. I have next situation: I have solution contains 2 projects: Proj1 and Proj2. Each project compiled to dll. In Proj1 contains Class1 And Proj2 contains Class2. Now, Class2 has reference to Class1. I want to XML serialize Class2. In order to do that I added attr: [XmlInclude(typeof(Class1))] before Class2 definition. It's compiled but when it's running it throws exception something like that: "File or assembly name Proj1, or one of its dependenc...

copy paste problems for chart from excel to power point, solution
I am really having troubles copying excel charts to power point, the charts are getting messed up after copying and pasting to power point. I tried everyting, turned off auto scale and selected the don't move or resize with cells option and still having the same problem, any idea how to fix that? Thanks! On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Jean <Jean@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I am really having troubles copying excel charts to power point, the charts >are getting messed up after copying and pasting to power point. I tried >everyting, turned ...

Problem with TOC using various TOC styles in the same table (Wrd20
Hello, I'm having a weird problem with the table of contents. I have been editing a long document and am regularly updating the TOC. I have just noticed that the spaces between the lines were various in the TOC and thus used the style inspector to find out why. It appeared that TOC 1, TOC 2, TOC 3, TOC 4...styles were all there in the TOC. I have no idea why, I'm creating the TOC repeatedly, removing or replacing the previous one and when creating, I'm choosing TOC 1 as the style but when the TOC is inserted, the problem is the same. Single space here, 1.5 space th...

Shutdown problems
I have 2 separate shutdown problems: Outlook hangs when shutting down. I have to do an End Task on it to close it out. It does not give any messages. Other machines are getting an outlookhtml.menu shutdown issue that requires an end task. It does not seem specific to one operating system. Any one have any ideas at all? ...

UPDATE QUERY not updating data
Hi all, Is there something obvious I should know about or is it plain magic? I've got a Access 2000 file format database in Access 2003. I've got a table called [Jobs] and I'm developing a way to edit a Job. So I've created an identical table called [EditedJob]. After clicking EDIT I clear the table [EditedJob], then populate it with all the details of a current job and open a form frmEditJob which is bound to [EditedJob] table. Now, I am able to change all the details I want and when clicking "save" button I run this code: Dim qryUpdate As QueryDef Set qryUpdat...

Printing Outlook problem
When I try to print an email attachment from outlook, the page has text but any picures (screenshots) only come out with a border and a 'X' in the upper left hand corner of the picture border area. Any ideas? TIA, Mike ...

XP media center SP3 problems
Hi, I am working on a Gateway laptop running XP Media Center. It has SP2 installed. I have tried to install SP3 through automatic updates and it will not complete. I turned off XP firewall and Avast anti-virus as suggested if I was having problems. In this mode I get error code 0xD0000006. It displays a message that the installation did not complete. Prior to this I tried several times and it would install partially and then I would get the message: Copy Error- Setup cannot copy the file "_" Ensure that the location specified below is correct or change it and in...