One liner challenge

Well at least it's a challenge for me :-)

What is an elegant way of referring to the first string item delimited by=
 a space without
assigning to a string array variable as a separate step?

Normally you could do...
dim strArray() as string
MyStr =3D "1 2 3"
strArray =3D Split(MyStr)
Debug.Print strArray(0)=20

Debug.Print Split(MyStr,,1)   'return one sub string parameter naturally =
doesn't work

Why am I doing this?
MyStr is already used in a complicated IIF statement but I only want the =
first item in the
string.

While some may say that readability is an issue but many IIF statements =
in a row are
actually the readability factor in this particular code (just the stuff =
in the IIF may
require a second look).=20

Thanks!
-mhd
0
mhd

-mhd wrote:
> Well at least it's a challenge for me :-)
>
> What is an elegant way of referring to the first string item
> delimited by a space without
> assigning to a string array variable as a separate step?

MyStr = "1 2 3"
Debug.Print Split(MyStr)(0)

--
   Jim Mack
   Twisted tees at http://www.cafepress.com/2050inc

> Well at least it's a challenge for me :-)
>
> What is an elegant way of referring to the first string item delimited by a space without
> assigning to a string array variable as a separate step?
>
> Normally you could do...
> dim strArray() as string
> MyStr = "1 2 3"
> strArray = Split(MyStr)
> Debug.Print strArray(0)
>
> Debug.Print Split(MyStr,,1)   'return one sub string parameter naturally doesn't work
>
> Why am I doing this?
> MyStr is already used in a complicated IIF statement but I only want the first item in the
> string.
>
> While some may say that readability is an issue but many IIF statements in a row are
> actually the readability factor in this particular code (just the stuff in the IIF may
> require a second look).
>
> Thanks!
> -mhd

MsgBox Split(mystrStr, " ")(0)

0
David
9/10/2010 5:21:38 PM
-mhd wrote:
> What is an elegant way of referring to the first string item
> delimited by a space without assigning to a string array variable as
> a separate step?
> MyStr = "1 2 3"

Debug.Print Mid$(MyStr,1,InStr$(MyStr," ")-1)

Not terribly elegant, but one line.

> While some may say that readability is an issue but many IIF statements in a row are
> actually the readability factor in this particular code (just the stuff in the IIF may
> require a second look).

IIF() is, while compact, one of the most overhead intensive functions in
VB.  I'd recommend avoiding it like the plague in lieu of almost any
other construct.

dpb
9/10/2010 5:22:00 PM
Who cares about elegant code?  Your users don't care how elegant, cute, or
clever your code is. They just want a program that works.  I bet Microsoft
can create cute some code, but it always doesn't work, does it?

"-mhd" <not_real@invalid.com> wrote in message
Well at least it's a challenge for me :-)

What is an elegant way of referring to the first string item delimited by a
space without
assigning to a string array variable as a separate step?

Normally you could do...
dim strArray() as string
MyStr = "1 2 3"
strArray = Split(MyStr)
Debug.Print strArray(0)

Debug.Print Split(MyStr,,1)   'return one sub string parameter naturally
doesn't work

Why am I doing this?
MyStr is already used in a complicated IIF statement but I only want the
first item in the
string.

While some may say that readability is an issue but many IIF statements in a
row are
actually the readability factor in this particular code (just the stuff in
the IIF may
require a second look).

Thanks!
-mhd

> IIF() is, while compact, one of the most overhead intensive functions in
> VB.  I'd recommend avoiding it like the plague in lieu of almost any other
> construct.

Why avoid it? If it's only called a couple of times, what difference does it
make if it has a lot of overhead?  It's more important to write clear,
understandable code than to worry about code overhead. Worry about slow code
only when you have to.

"Jim Mack" <no-uce-ube@mdxi.com> wrote:

>MyStr =3D "1 2 3"
>Debug.Print Split(MyStr)(0)

Thanks!=20

-mhd
0
mhd
9/10/2010 6:18:49 PM
David Kerber <dkerber@WarrenRogersAssociates.invalid> wrote:

>MsgBox Split(mystrStr, " ")(0)

Thanks!=20

-mhd
0
mhd
9/10/2010 6:19:07 PM
dpb <none@non.net> wrote:

>Debug.Print Mid$(MyStr,1,InStr$(MyStr," ")-1)
>
>Not terribly elegant, but one line.

Thanks that works for me too!

-mhd
0
mhd
9/10/2010 6:22:10 PM
"J.C." <yoyo@nothanks.com> wrote:

>Who cares about elegant code?  Your users don't care how elegant, cute, =
or=20
>clever your code is. They just want a program that works.  I bet =
Microsoft=20
>can create cute some code, but it always doesn't work, does it?

=46or my own readability purpose I didn't want to break up a series of =
IIF statements with
an If Then ElseIf qualifier containing  a split assignment statement =
between them.

-mhd
0
mhd
9/10/2010 6:28:01 PM
The one bad thing about IIF is that the "true part" and "false part" are
evaluated first before decision. Sometimes, one of the part would raise an
error.

"J.C." <yoyo@nothanks.com> wrote:

>Who cares about elegant code?  Your users don't care how elegant, cute, or
>clever your code is. They just want a program that works.  I bet Microsoft
>can create cute some code, but it always doesn't work, does it?

For my own readability purpose I didn't want to break up a series of IIF
statements with
an If Then ElseIf qualifier containing  a split assignment statement between
them.

-mhd

0
Phil
9/10/2010 6:41:41 PM
I was just making a generalized comment about programming. Code readability
and correctness is more important than cute--wow, would you look at
that!--code.

"Phil Hunt" <aaa@aaa.com> wrote:

>The one bad thing about IIF is that the "true part" and "false part" are=
=20
>evaluated first before decision. Sometimes, one of the part would raise =
an=20
>error.

True but in this case it is safe.

-mhd
0
mhd
9/10/2010 6:51:26 PM
"-mhd" <not_real@invalid.com> skrev i meddelandet
[...]

SomeString = Left$(MyStr, InStr(1, MyStr, " ") - 1)

/Henning

0
Henning
9/10/2010 7:53:03 PM
J.C. wrote:
>> IIF() is, while compact, one of the most overhead intensive functions
>> in VB.  I'd recommend avoiding it like the plague in lieu of almost
>> any other construct.
>
> Why avoid it? If it's only called a couple of times, what difference
> does it make if it has a lot of overhead?  It's more important to write
> clear, understandable code than to worry about code overhead. Worry
> about slow code only when you have to.

OP says it's called often, first.

Second, why not code for efficiency when it is trivial to do so?

Third, it's also generally difficult to read (ie, clarity isn't enhanced
vis a vis the alternatives).

imo, $0.02, etc., etc, etc., ...

dpb
9/10/2010 8:00:25 PM
On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 13:48:47 -0500, "J.C." <yoyo@nothanks.com> wrote:

>I was just making a generalized comment about programming. Code readability
>and correctness is more important than cute--wow, would you look at
>that!--code.

A while back I recall instructors stating that if you wrote the code
in a test in WatFiv or other program you would get partial marks if
only a few minor details wrong.

But if you wrote your solution in APL and it didn't work you didn't
get any marks for the answer.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
Tony
dpb wrote:

<snip>

> IIF() is, while compact, one of the most overhead intensive functions in
> VB.  I'd recommend avoiding it like the plague in lieu of almost any
> other construct.
>
> --
Then why didn't you include the qualifier?

If IIF() is used occasionally, then who cares if it takes a poofteenth of a
microsecond longer (than what, btw)?

Even in a loop that iterates for only tens or even a few hundred times, it
probably makes no difference - would YOU (as a user) notice if a program took
milliseconds longer to run in 4 Gigabytes of RAM running at 3.3Ghz?

If an IFF() is used in a loop for thousands(millions?) of operations, and
compared to the same program using an IF..ENDIF,  _THEN_ I'd agree with you.

That's the qualifier -

IFF() is an overhead intensive function, _so in extremely loop intensive
situations it WILL increase program time compared to an IF.. ENDIF construct_

I don't really know how much overhead it uses, probably less than a Kb - but
even if it uses 100Kb, that's a red herring when there's 2, 4 or more
***GIGABYTES*** of memory to use.

That's the rub, mate. It's not the usage, it's the comparison to other
constructs that shows the difference.

I can only see the paranoia about time and overhead if a programmer is still
trying to reduce a program to fit into a SC/MP kit from the 60's. (Yep, I'm old
enough to know what it is, and if you, the reader, know what it is, it tells you
why I'm responding to this post).

I've seen responses to older posts arguing over how much time is taken by a
given statement or construct, but can only show the difference in time with
MILLIONS of loop cycles to prove their point

With modern PC's running with multi-core gigahertz processors having gigabytes
of memory at their disposal (but not ever using all of that), WHAT'S THE POINT
IN ARGUING OVER WHETHER A ONE LINE STATEMENT RUNS SLOWER THAN A FIVE LINE
STATEMENT, AND BY HOW MUCH.

Just accept it.
0
argusy
9/11/2010 12:07:25 AM

J.C. wrote:
> I was just making a generalized comment about programming. Code
> readability and correctness is more important than cute--wow, would you
> look at that!--code.
>
> "-mhd" <not_real@invalid.com> wrote in message
> "J.C." <yoyo@nothanks.com> wrote:
>
>> Who cares about elegant code?  Your users don't care how elegant,
>> cute, or
>> clever your code is. They just want a program that works.  I bet
>> Microsoft
>> can create cute some code, but it always doesn't work, does it?
>
> For my own readability purpose I didn't want to break up a series of IIF
> statements with
> an If Then ElseIf qualifier containing  a split assignment statement
> between them.
>
> -mhd
0
argusy
9/11/2010 12:07:41 AM
argusy wrote:
> dpb wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> IIF() is, while compact, one of the most overhead intensive functions
>> in VB.  I'd recommend avoiding it like the plague in lieu of almost
>> any other construct.
>>
>> --
> Then why didn't you include the qualifier?

Becuz...rest of meaningless rant over nothing elided...

dpb
9/11/2010 12:30:03 AM
dpb wrote:
> argusy wrote:
>> dpb wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>>> IIF() is, while compact, one of the most overhead intensive functions
>>> in VB.  I'd recommend avoiding it like the plague in lieu of almost
>>> any other construct.
>>>
>>> --
>> Then why didn't you include the qualifier?
>
> Becuz...rest of meaningless rant over nothing elided...
>
> --
Oh, thank you. Your reply says it all. No need to say any more
Graham
0
argusy
9/11/2010 2:44:11 AM
argusy wrote:
> dpb wrote:
>> argusy wrote:
>>> dpb wrote:
>>>
>>> <snip>

>>> Then why didn't you include the qualifier?
>>
>> Becuz...rest of meaningless rant over nothing elided...
>>
>> --
> Oh, thank you. Your reply says it all. No need to say any more
> Graham

Previously answered.

IIF() sucks big time both performance-wise and legibility vis a vis
alternatives.

dpb
9/11/2010 3:18:32 AM
-mhd wrote:

> For my own readability purpose I didn't want to break up a series of IIF statements with
> an If Then ElseIf qualifier containing  a split assignment statement between them.

This problem was solved over 60 years ago...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subroutine
0
Jason
9/11/2010 4:10:57 AM
On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 12:22:00 -0500, dpb <none@non.net> wrote:

>IIF() is

I find that sooner or later it's going to come back and cause you
problems because both sides are evaluated.

Tony

--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
Tony
9/11/2010 4:16:45 AM
dpb <none@non.net> wrote:

>J.C. wrote:
>>> IIF() is, while compact, one of the most overhead intensive functions=
=20
>>> in VB.  I'd recommend avoiding it like the plague in lieu of almost=20
>>> any other construct.
>>=20
>> Why avoid it? If it's only called a couple of times, what difference=20
>> does it make if it has a lot of overhead?  It's more important to =
write=20
>> clear, understandable code than to worry about code overhead. Worry=20
>> about slow code only when you have to.
>
>OP says it's called often, first.

No I didn't.

-mhd
0
mhd

2 pivot tables on one tab
Is it possible to put 2 Pivot tables on the same tab in my workbook? Or does anyone have any ideas on what would be the best way to chart Capital Pircahses? I have 5 coums and 4 rows. The rows are per division, and the columns are for the disposal amount, gain or loss, book value, depreciation & purchase price. I already have one pivot table in my report. Would this be too repeatative? Thanks You can put multiple pivot tables onto a worksheet. If the second one is based on the same data, select and copy the first, select a cell some distance away, and paste it. Each pivot table...

XmlSerializer/XmlTextWriter all data on one line
I'm an XML newb. I'm serializing a class and when I inspect the xml file, all the data is on one line rather than being nested and indented Is that normal? <code> StreamWriter sw = new StreamWriter(m_optionsXmlFilePath, false); XmlSerializer xmlSerializer = new XmlSerializer(typeof(Options)); XmlTextWriter xmlTextWriter = new XmlTextWriter(sw); xmlSerializer.Serialize(xmlTextWriter, this); xmlTextWriter.Close(); </code> Hello! > I'm serializing a class and when I inspect the xml file, all the data is on > one line rather than being nested and indented > ...

combine 2 vbs into one
on.vbs: Dim fsoSet Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") fso.MoveFile "c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\POSTS", "c:\windows \system32\drivers\etc\HOSTS" off.vbs: Dim fsoSet Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") fso.MoveFile "c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\HOSTS", "c:\windows \system32\drivers\etc\POSTS" how do i combine this 2 vbs into 1? "xmd" <fwdsd45@gmail.com> wrote in message news:dcba46df-b0ac-475f-b4fc-8c4ef78b56a3@q22g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... > on.vbs: ...

How to have one year value added to another cell
I have a cell where I date foramtted fill in the date. How to have on another cell the date + one year automatically filled? So, A1 02-04-06 auto: B1 02-04-07 Bart Excel 2003 =DATE(YEAR(A1)+1,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)) Bob Umlas Excel MVP "AA Arens" <bartvandongen@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1164983094.802613.212520@l12g2000cwl.googlegroups.com... > I have a cell where I date foramtted fill in the date. > How to have on another cell the date + one year automatically filled? > > So, > > A1 02-04-06 > > auto: > B1 02-04-07 > > > Bart >...

Sell at One Location, Deliver from Another Location
For a multi-store retailer, is there any way in RMS to sell a product at one location, then deliver it from another one? For example, say a retailer has two stores, which includes two Store Operations licenses (one at each store) along with Headquarters. A sale is made at store 1, but the product is only in stock at the store 2. Is there a way in RMS (with HQ) to sell the product at store 1 but deliver it to the customer at store 2? I realize that this can be done via a stock transfer (to move the product from store 2 to store 1 after the fact), but this requires an additional manua...

How to know that character type in one cell of xls is more that s.
Q : How to know that character type in one cell of xls is more that s... E.g How i will come to know that i typed more than specified charater, when i am typing in that particular cell Your character to test is in A1 In another cell enter =CODE(A1)>CODE("s"). You will get TRUE or FALSE Or use =IF(CODE(A1)>CODE("s"),"Bigger","Not bigger") -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Dharamendra" <Dharamendra @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2427962-5283-43FD-B9B0-5B367EA2470A@microso...

backup ISP with one exchange server
we have one exchange 2003 server and we use a External ISP T1 connection and the ISP DNS which has the MX record. 10 email.domain.org (First ISP IP address for the email server) 20 email2.domain.org (second ISP IP address for the email server) We have a backup ISP connection that stays idle. when we switch over to the backup ISP connection (because the first is down) we cannot get the incoming email in. Outgoing works fine. How can we get the incoming email to route to the one exchange server with either ISP? On 18 Jan 2007 18:06:16 -0800, "zakmanx" <lskw360@sbcglobal.net&g...

Logging on to more than one HQ Database
Hi, we have several shops accross Europe where each country is using a separate Database in RMS. To connect with the HQ I created a small batchfile that imports the registry keys for the database the user has chosen into the registry and then starts the HQ Manager. That works fine right now because we are using 1.0 where the reg-keys are always the same. In 1.3 (which we will be upgrading to shortly) things are a bit different. Here the Connection Details are encrypted and are therefore from machine to machine. That means I cannot include the registry-keys in the installation routine be...

ploting one cell from 10 worksheets into one chart
i am trying to figure out a way to plot one cell, lets say c-1 from 10 -30 worksheets, in one workbook; on one chart. Each worksheet is a date and each c-1 value is just a number. any help would help thanks alex n. alex.nazarchuK@unitedwater.com ------------------------------------------------ Message posted from the Excel Tip Forum at http://www.ExcelTip.com/forum/ -- View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelTip.com -- Hundreds of free MS Excel tips, tricks and solutions ------------------------------------------------ You can plot each data point as a separate ser...

transferring macros from one PC to Another
Hi, I have some macros on one PC. The machine is very slow and I want to format it. But I want to transfer all my macros to a CD or another PC. Please help me in doing that. Tell me how can I do it. Thanks Much Suman Suman, to move to another computer you can export a macro and save it, to do this from your workbook, right-click the workbook's icon and pick View Code. This icon is to the left of the "File" menu this will open the VBA editor, click on the module you want to save and go to file and export file, then save it to a CD or what ever you backup to, then import it to the...

How does one make VS compile unsafe code
Hi, This is not the first time I've used unsafe code in C# projects. Usually, I simply check the box in the project properties telling it to allow unsafe code. I've done that for this project, yet VS is telling that, "Unsafe code may only appear in compiling with / unsafe." So, here's the command line being used to compile: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\Csc.exe /noconfig /unsafe- / nowarn:618,1701,1702 /nostdlib+ /platform:x86 /errorreport:prompt / warn:4 I'm betting that this is complaining because the switch that appears above is "...

One Million FR.EE Visitors
How To Get 1 Million Visitors On Your Web Site Without Paying A Dime In advertising ! Are you frustrated by the lack of traffic coming to your site? If I would tell you that after months of research, I just got my hands on the most hidden secrets... very sneaky tricks ! Click here : http://www.freeadguru.com/cgi-bin/i.pl?c=a&i=27202 Hurry, before the page gets banned! --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20050420235059T4s5XoH1 ...

How do you print one address label at a time on avery 5160 labels.
I'll bet you have partial sheets of labels. I know that's why I have to use a work-around. You'll have to use a template of the entire sheet, not the wizard. 1. Go to http://publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=38 2. Download the template for Avery 5160 labels. 3. Create the label you want. 4. Print said label. 5. Thank Brian for saving you A LOT of time and work. (I've been known to lay my label out in Publisher and then copy and paste it into a Word document.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "sharonm" <sharonm@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Maximum but one less
How to identify second to last (in maximum) data WIth data like this, with repeating Order Numbers (for example): Area Code Order Open Date 123 2/1/2005 123 4/1/2005 234 5/6/2005 234 8/9/2005 234 15/9/2005 Is there any way to retrieve the 2nd to last order details? I know about maximum and minimum, but basically I want maximum - 1. That is return Order Number Order Open Date 123 2/1/2005 234 8/9/2005 Any assistance would be appreciated. -- Griffo You can use a subquery within a query to do this: S...

Returning one of two values in Microsoft Excel 2003
I am trying to allocate values across various headings in my worksheet. In, say, A2, data is input via drop down box. Depending on the value of this entry, and on entering a value in B2, B2's value is allocated to a cell under a general heading via the formula =IF(OR(A2="value1", A2="value2", A2="value3"), B2, " ") This is an income allocation spreadsheet. My problem comes in my outgoings. Once again data is input via drop down box and depending on these values I have to allocate my outgoings whether the currency value is input in cell B2 o...

Divide one row over other row I dont wont to divide one number ov.
Dear All I need to divide one row over other row, is there any help i dont wont to divide one value over other but i need function to do for the complete row or column. ...

Office 2007 Home & Student Re-Installation Activation Key challeng
I'm having an issue with my father's copy of MS-Office Home & Student 2007. He recently had to reformat his laptop, which cleared his original installation of the software. Now, after I've reloaded the Office Suite onto his computer and move to launch any of the applications, I'm prompted for the Activation Key. I have all the orignal packaging, including the certificate of authenticity. Unfortunately, none of the numbers on the packaging can be entered into the activation key field. There is lots of detail around finding alternative MSFT phone support to ...

How to freeze one column vertically, one horizontal in same sprdsh
Is it possible to freeze a column vertically and one horizontally in the same spreadsheet? Do you mean other than Row 1 and Column 1? If that is what you meant, then the answer is "no". -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "sweaver" <sweaver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15D0A612-C384-4EC7-8553-A8CEC509AFC1@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to freeze a column vertically and one horizontally in the > same > spreadsheet? What cell is below the row you want frozen and to the right of the column you want frozen. Find that inter...

One query to multiple databases
Hello, I have five different databasesd that I access through five different odbc connections. They bases are identical, but the data in them are not. Several times, every day, I run the same query on each of them, and then I combine all the results I get from each base. Is there anyway that I can do this automatically? Use a UNION query. -- Build a little, test a little. "bvdahl" wrote: > Hello, > > I have five different databasesd that I access through five different odbc > connections. They bases are identical, but the data in them are...

linking multiple charts from one xcl workbook
I have a ppt presentation that uses six different charts that I created in an excel workbook. I want the charts in the ppt to update every time I enter data into the excel worksheet but when I use the link function "insert->object" it ends up putting the same chart on all the ppt slides rather than the one slide it needs to be on. Any help is appreciated. Insert Object From File inserts the active sheet at the time the file was last saved, or the active sheet at the time the object was inserted, if it is active in Excel at that time. I would recommend that you copy the cha...

How can I copy ONE contact folder to another PC?
I am using OL 2007 on both PC's. On my laptop I have a subfolder in my "Contacts" folder I would like to copy to my desktop PC. Is there an easy way to do this? Thanks Posted to Outlook groups daily: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm=20 --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, <----- Mardman -----> asked: | I am using OL 2007 on both PC's. On my laptop I have a subfolder in | my "Contacts" folder I would like to copy to my desktop PC. I...

What formula can one use to Count dates?
Here's the Question: I want to know what I will get paid TODAY, THISWEEK(Monday-Friday) or by the MONTH. I know how to get what I will get paid today: In cell C2 =IF(A2=TODAY(),B2,). I don't know how to get the Week (D2) and Month.(E2) Please help. Digital2k A B C D E F 1 Dates Amount Today This This Week Month 2 6/27/06 $500 0 $700 $700 3 6/28/06 $200 $200 $700 $700 4 7/1/06 $600 0 0 $700 __________________________...

Transfering data from one spreadsheet to another.
I have a spreadsheet that is created by a program I use at work. I run this report weekly and there are hundreds of loads each week. The spreadsheet has the info I need but not in the right format. I need to know if there is a way to pull this info into another spreadsheet in the format I am looking for without a bunch of copying and pasteing. He is an example of what the report looks like Load# Destination Charge Desc. Charges Total 12345 Columbus, OH Fuel $100 $300 12345...

Data From One Sheet to Another
I'm trying to set up my home based business ans keep track of stock et. I've set up a workbook with several worksheets. The first shows all the product purchased, columns for:- Date: Invoice #: Quantity: Product Descript: A/Ship (mandatory monthly purchase): Personal: Retail: ReSale: Promo: Shipping: Other: Cost: Each of the other sheets id dedicated to one of the catagories, i.e. A/Ship, Retail, Promo etc. To save entering each invoice a couple of times, how can I get Excell to populate the additional sheets when I enter the data in the first? Hi Richard There are many w...

Remove contents of one list from a second list
This seems so basic, but it is eluding me still....I have a list of all registered users to our website. I have a list of all the users who logged in for an event. I want to e-mail those who did NOT attend. How can I easily subtract one list from a larger one? Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#InOneNotOther -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany RicMurray wrote: > This seems so basic, but it is eluding me still....I have a list of > all registered users to our website. I have a list of all the users > who logged in for an event. I want to e-mail those who did ...