OLE control does'nt work with dll

Hello,

The exe program does very well when inserting an Excel range from
Excel in an OLe control in a vb6 form, with:

 XlApp.Range(xxx).Copy
 me.OLE1.Paste

But when the exactly same program is executed as a dll, the OLE
control resizes itself but does'nt display the Excel range. No error
is fired

Any help

Thanks
Avi
0
avi

How to Add OnClick Message for a dynamic control
Hi Group If i had included a static control via resource , i would need to add the OnClick message handler via Class Wizard. So when the user clicks that control the OnClick function would be called. But if i had created the control dynamically during runtime, how can i add such message handler. Regards >If i had included a static control via resource , i would need to add the >OnClick message handler via Class Wizard. So when the user clicks that >control the OnClick function would be called. > >But if i had created the control dynamically during runtime, how can i a...

OMA no longer works after SP1 on SBS
I installed SP1 on our SBS server last weekend and ecer since users cannot sync with the exchange server. I followed the complete directions for the SP1 install and didn't realize the problem until yesterday. I get a message stating: Your account does not have permision to sync with your current settings. Contact you MS exchange administrator... ... An error occurred and scheduled syncronization had to be disabled... ... error code: http_400. I have played with some of the permissions in iis and I seem to get it to work and then after a few minutes it goes back to this. Hope thi...

Why won't ADDRESS work nested inside SUMIF?
If I do this: =ADDRESS(4,MATCH(E37,A2:JW2,0)) I get: $L$4 If I do: =SUMIF(A3:JW3,"Units",ADDRESS(4,MATCH(E37,A2:JW2,0)):JW4) I get an error. However if I do: =SUMIF(A3:JW3,"Units",INDIRECT(G1):JW4) I get the answer I want. However, I'd prefer to not have a helper cell. Please help! Some lateral thoughts, with emphasis on resolving the core issues you raised in your other, earlier thread Let's say you have col data in groups of 3 cols, with headers in row2 (eg: Period1, Period2, etc), where each header is placed only in the l...

Hide "Grouped" Controls
Hi Folks - I have 15 controls (labels, text boxes and lines) that I would like to hide for a certain set of criteria. I know I can set each control's visible property to false, but I'm wondering if there is a way to 'group' the controls together, then just hide the group. Any ideas? Thanks. Michael You can use the TAG property and give each of the controls you want to show/hide the same tag. Then you can loop through the controls, check the tag value and show or hide that way. 'UNTESTED AIRCODE (with no error handling) Private Sub sShowStuff(Optional tfShow as ...

Sorting List Control
Hello everyone, I am having a difficult time sorting a report type list control. It has 3 columns. What I would like to do is that each time a user clicks on a column, I would like to sort it on that column. I hope that makes sense. Its much like the way the Windows Explorer works in which when you click on the filename, it sorts it by filename, and when you click it on type, it sorts it by type etc. I was looking into the CHeaderCtrl gives me control over the header, but I wasn't sure what to do after that.. :( Thanks Take a look here for an example http://www.codeproject.com/lis...

How do I find the location of the font control in Win XP
Hi All, I'd like to change my fonts every now and then but don't know where to find them. Could someone please tell me where they are an how to use them? Thanks, Don Don, This newsgroup deals with Microsoft Access, a relational database application. You'll have better luck posting this on a newsgroup related to Windows Fonts. Try... microsoft.public.word.printingfonts -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html "Find a job that you love... and you'll never work...

Modeless dialog in IE through ATL/COM dll
Hello, I am creating a ATL/COM component(dll) which adds the context menu in IE. After clicking on that menu it calls annother ATL/COM componet which shows the Modeless HTML dialog box. The problem is everything opens fine but suppose when i right click conext menu and that opens the other HTML Modeless dialog. as it is Modeless I can also click on IE's any web page. When i click on any link it open another instance of IE. And when I closes that 2nd intance of IE i got exception of memory in my dll workspace. [Unhandled exception at 0x777849cc in iexplore.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violatio...

Can't get bar code font to work in EXCEL 2003
I have a simple formula that converts a part number to a 3 of 9 bar code font in Excel 2003. Works great on my computer but a co-worker, who also has Excel 2003, can't get this to work. On her PC it show the 3 of 9 font in the drop down box but in the cell it is not converting it to a bar code image. Any suggestions? Thanks, Tony Most likely the font is not installed properly... She needs to reinstall the font. It can be done through Control Panel -> Fonts if you have the font available. "Tony" wrote: > I have a simple formula that conve...

SQL statement in form text control
Hello! In a social services DB, one of the reports is all incidents involving a particular client. There are a few thousand records. I am using an SQL statement which filters records by the client's full name and Birthdate. The SQL is sent to the rowsource property of a combo box. The combination of name and DOB provides 1 unique client. (or none if the DOB is mis-entered or is wrong) The report (controlled by a query with parameters provided by the DOB text control and the combo box.) The combo box seems to be just one more thing to click through, so I thought of changi...

Looking for Visual C++ programmer with MS SQL Server 2005 to work off-site on small project
Looking for Visual C++ programmer with MS SQL Server 2005 to work off-site on small project. Please send me an email to: larryTAKEOUT@seldin.net Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC Contributing writer for FUTURES Magazine Author of RECRUITSOURCE PEOPLESOFT EXAM and RECRUITSOURCE SAP/R3 EXAM Author of POWER TIPS FOR THE APPLE NEWTON and INTRODUCTION TO CSP NOTE: To send me an email, remove TAKEOUT from my email address: larryTAKEOUT@seldin.net NOTE: My web home page: www.seldin.net ...

OLE Problem on Opening
Hi All, I have searched everywhere but cannot find a solution to this. I have a c.6mb .xlsb file (c.60mb in .xls) which I am trying to open in xl 2003. However everytime I try to open it it starts to convert the file then just gives me the following warning "microsft Excel is waiting for another application to complete an OLE action" I have no other programs open when I try this, any help would be greatly apprecaited. Thanks. Chris Are there macros in the workbook? First try to open the workbook with macros disabled (using medium security mode) and see if the ...

Sigh.. Macro delay still not working
Hi all, I have this code implemented, which should prohibit the CDO_Send macr to run if it already ran 10 minutes ago.. However, somehow it currently does not trigger the macro at al anymore. Sometimes when i just opened the file and something changes i does trigger.., there is no logic behind it though. I've tried to mov the dlastsent line between the 'end if' at the bottom.. yet no matte what i do, it does not work. So now and then it (:s) also gives a type mismatch error in thi line: If myVals(iRow, iCol) = myRng.Cells(iRow, iCol) Then Cells in the range change through an ...

Working Offline with Risks & Issues
Hello, I'm loading project risks on to my sharepoint site and would really like the project managers to be able to update the status of these risk when they are offline (travelling around). I know that you can check a document out, update it offline and check it back in and while it's checked out no one else can update it. But is this possible for a risk? Thank you Elle I'm assuming your risk list is in a document library. If yes, then if someone checks out that document, others can view and take a copy of the document but they cannot over-write the the SP...

Office Outlook 2003 won't work!
I have tried every help program I could find and followed each step and still get this message when trying to send or receive email...."The operation failed. An object could not be found." That's it, then I click ok and its gone, try to send again and the same message comes back up. Its configured to my ISP comcast, I tried everything, any ideas anyone? Have you searched the Microsoft Knowledge Base for that error message? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the ...

Order of Events when using the Control Box Close Button
I would like to intercept the built in messages that are generated by Access about required data when a user clicks on the Close Button. The Close Button is enabled by setting the Control Box and Close Button form properties to "Yes". Does anyone know what the order of events is when using the Close Button? Thanks much! Answered in later post. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "accesswanabe" <accesswanabe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E44530CC-48AE-4134-A896-BFC71F032F68@microsoft.com... >I...

Money 2001 Corrupt .dll
Money 2001 was delivered w/my computer. When I try to open the application I get this error: "The DLL file 'C:\...mpcont.dll cannot be loaded. It may have been removed or become corrupted....' Since I don't have a Money disk to run Setup (I think) I'd have to use the System Restore CD and what a pain that is! Any ideas out there? If I download the trial version of 2004 would that convert (and repair) my 2001 file? I have a lot of stuff in that file that isn't backed up (my bad!) Thanks, Janet Try opening another Money file. If you haven't removed it, the...

Shell32.dll icon copyright issues?
Does anyone know if there are any legal, such as copyright, issues that should stop me from extracting icons from, for example, shell32.dll for use in my application? --- Al. Have you looked in the graphics subdirectory of your VS install? Some of those icons might be there already, in which case the purpose is to allow you to incorporate those into your app. joe On Wed, 5 May 2004 11:23:02 +0100, "TVR Fan" <nosuch@address.com> wrote: >Does anyone know if there are any legal, such as copyright, issues that >should stop me from extracting icons from, for example,...

GPO doesn't work for specific OU
Hello, I created a new OU for a single Win 2003 Std R2 SP2 Term Server. I then right-clicked on the OU and chose "Create & Link a GPO here". Under "Links", I right-clicked on the OU and there are checks next to "Enforced" and "Link Enabled". I then edited the GP for the OU by right-clicking on the GPO and choosing "Edit". I did a test edit by going to: User Conf \ Admin Temp \ Start Menu and Taskbar and set "Remove Run Menu from Start Menu" to Enabled. It's not taking, and I can't seem to find the...

Control Toolbox
Dear All, I would like to know how i learn to use control toolbox buttons, my aim is to create a excel sheet which is similiar to invoice template found in File -> new -> spreadsheet solution tab -> invoice.template. Could any one of u explain in simple steps. Thank you in advance, Ashu. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I think the best way to learn from existing sheet is to open the sheet and (save as) the sheet with different name and the...

Displaying UNICODE in edit control
How can I display UNICODE strings with standard edit control? Help says edit control can display UNICODE strings. However when I try to set UNICODE text with SetDlgItemTextW or paste UNICODE text from clipboard I get series of question marks. With Rich Edit control I have no problems setting UNICODE text either programatically or from clipboard. Did you compile program as Unicode? The edit control should work then. Tom "Sasha" <Sasha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:451C8420-7E4A-49A7-A647-6615B27AB8AC@microsoft.com... > How can I display UNICODE str...

Purchase Tax not working
We have two Tax Schedules for purchasing taxes. When we enter a payables transaction, the taxes only calculate if the Tax Schedule ID matches the Tax Schedule ID for purhcases in the Expansion window (Payables Tax Schedule Entry) which comes from Purchasing setup. For example, a vendor has PST only which is 7%. Our setup has the GST schedule which is 5%. Taxes do not calculate. If I click the blue arrow beside Tax Schedule ID and change it there, then it calculates. But then the next vendor with PST won't work. What is going on? Tax calculations are complicated. We devote a ...

Macro slow (worked well until I upgraded my machine)
I am doing an iterative hide of columns that of all but ones which meet the day of the week criteria. The macro ran fine for years through the upgrade from 2003 to office 2007. I have just upgraded my machine to a more powerful machine and my macro now takes has increased processing time by 50 to 60 times for this iterative hide. I have noticed that machines that went through the office 2003 installation prior to 2007 still run it fine. Example dell latitude d620 that never had 2003 takes 2 to 3 minutes to complete. same type of laptop that did go through the pa...

validation list became not working.
hi, i have an excel with lot of validation lists in severals sheets. while working with the excel i all the validation list in specific sheet became not working.the list are still defined in other sheet. but there is no option to select from the list... please help! thanks in advance.... -- Miri Tz. Do you mean that you have lost the drop-down arrow when you select the cell? If so, does typing an invalid value in still throw an error? -- --- HTH Bob (change the xxxx to gmail if mailing direct) "Miri" <miri.tzeelon@amdocs.com> wrote in message news:FABA720A-1F25-42...

Setting up signatures that I have control over
Hi. I have Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003 for Students and Teachers and I have been trying to set up Signatures for Outlook ever since I got it. In the past when I had Outlook I could make several signatures and click on a readily accessable button to have it automatically inserted. It was fast and easy. Now it seems that setting up signatures is a complex project. The only time I get a signature is when I reply to a message and then the same signature is inserted in the reply. I would like to CHOOSE the signature like I was able to in the past. In my menu bar I have ALL E...

Pre-Filtering only works on first dataset
Since you can't connect one dataset to another one, it would be very helpful if prefiltering would work on all datasets in the report, not just the first one. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community...