Not so important but just asking anyways

Having an old Dallas DS1620 temperature sensor and got hold of some
unholy basic code for a BASIC-II board (well I think that was what it
said) thought I would try using it again,the 1620 hasnt been working
since i got out of W3.11 after that my ports (think this was going for
LPT1) are nono to vb, at least thats what I was led to believe then.

Well, now I think it could be done, just wondering has some one
already done it? VB6 to read a DS1620 I mean?
OS XP, got C/C++ compilers too, if having to make a driver but not the
skill for that one.

Think I see a lots of posts about port.dll and port32.dll, but it
doesnt ring a bell, feels do it yourself VB4:ish... Doesnt Vb6 have
support for good old in()/out() through some nice windows api?

Just try and ask if someone already solved that, otherwise, this will
be one for spare time on lunch to figure out ;)
0
CY

"CY" <christery@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Doesnt Vb6 have
> support for good old in()/out() through some nice windows api?

Yes. Download "inpout32.dll" from here:

http://www.lvr.com/parport.htm

If you are using XP, then you need to disable Plug and Play scanning for
devices, which would interfere with what you are doing. See the 3rd question
in the link below for how to set "DisableWarmPoll". I am not sure about
other OS'es.

http://www.lvr.com/jansfaq.htm

0
Nobody
1/12/2010 5:50:38 PM
On 12 Jan, 18:50, "Nobody" <nob...@nobody.com> wrote:
> "CY" <christ...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Doesnt Vb6 have
> > support for good old in()/out() through some nice windows api?
>
> Yes. Download "inpout32.dll" from here:
>
> http://www.lvr.com/parport.htm

Done that, great infosource, thanks.

> If you are using XP, then you need to disable Plug and Play scanning for
> devices, which would interfere with what you are doing. See the 3rd question
> in the link below for how to set "DisableWarmPoll". I am not sure about
> other OS'es.
>
> http://www.lvr.com/jansfaq.htm

Didnt do that yet, still lurking around with the program until 10 min
before going home, then realizing (measured with the old fluke)
nothing happens with out command...
So program is... well not so nice, but on the way. The dll though
wasnt working, will try regsvr32 tomorrow after some ITIL meeting.

If the program gets a better look, then I might post it, or the core
for DS1620 anyway, but if it looks like no then Im a bit too ashamed,
did a translation from a basic program (some onboard special commands
like shiftout) that wasnt really VB6 compliant.

//CY
0
CY

importing text file into excel file using macro
Hi, How to import text file into excel file using Macro? Can this proces run on form menu button? Please help and give me some ideas of doin it. I have attached a text file for your reference. Thanks, An Attachment filename: rdata.txt Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=66130 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com >Hi, >How to import text file into excel file using Macro? Can this process >run on form menu button? Please help and give me some ideas of doing >it. I have attached a text file for your r...

Import Lists?
Is there a way to copy or import members (list of email addresses) from a Global Address List into a Excel spreadsheet? I've been able to put into a Word doc but it's not the results I'm looking for. Thanks!! You can use LDIFDE to run the query, you can then paste the results into an Excel spreadsheet. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:490c01c49feb$cf922950$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to copy or import members (list of email > addresses) from a Global Address List into a Excel > spreadsheet? I've been able to put into a Wo...

Importing backup file problems
Hi, I am still using Outlook 97 but will be upgrading in the next month, I can copy the PST file from my work computer ( computer 1) easily enough, but after I copy it into the relevant folder into my home computer (computer 2), the most recent additions I made in Computer 1 appear twice in the restored file in computer 2. i.e I make an all day event for 28/03/2007, but when I open the file in Computer 2, this appears as a two day event.extending from 28/03/07 and 29/03/07 - the end time changes to the next day, so I have to go through each event and modify the dates to be single days...

Import gif to Word or PowerPoint 2004
After inserting a gif-graphic into a Word or PowerPoint-file, then saving, closing and opening the file again, I get instead of the graphic a black box. Any hints? I use MacOSX.3.4 and I just updated my office to mac-office 2004. In mac-office X I did not have this problems. Thanks Florian ...

font printing problem of imported visio file inside power point file
I am having a problem with VISIO 2002 with PowerPoint 2000. I made a drawing with some fonts with VISIO 2002. Then I copied the drawing and pasted into PowerPoint file. In screen, I can clearly see the font. When I print the file, drawings are there but there are no font from printed paper. Would you please help me out regarding this problem? ...

How Import Calendar from Palm III???
I can't figure out how to transfer my Palm III organizer calendar and addresses to Outlook 2000. Any suggestions? You need to install the Chapura PocketMirror software that is included on the Palm III CD - it is under Software IIRC. Once you do, go to http://www.chapura.com and download the free upgrade for the version that comes on the Palm CD. When you install the SW, ensure that you select to synch with the Outlook Calendar, not the Palm Desktop. >-----Original Message----- >I can't figure out how to transfer my Palm III organizer calendar and >addresses to O...

importing email and contacts from a file
I'm running Outlook 2007 and want to import my mail and contacts (address book) from the saved files of my older outlook. I've already been using Outlook for a few weeks and I was wondering if I can merge the existing e-mails with the mails in the file? Is it possible? Thank you! mgm Never import Outlook data. To merge the files, just open the older file and copy what you want from it into the new file. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "mgm" <mgm@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eLGbc2MoHHA.1388@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I'm running Outlook 2007 and ...

Manually importing stock price history en masse into Money 2005
Hi, I have Money 2005 Deluxe (Didn't see any reason to upgrade to later versions, not much functional/features difference). I want to see how my investment portfolio did over a period of time (say 10 years). Since I installed Money in year 2005, I have all stock prices updates automatically since then (by using online stock price updates.) But I want to see performance before 2005 for historical and statistical purposes of my portfolio analysis. I can get all historical stock prices in Excel or text or in some other comma delimited format from MSN or Yahoo Finance (right from the ...

Import mail from Mozilla Thunderbird to Outlook
Hi, Does anybody know how to import mail from Mozilla Thunderbird to Outlook? Thanks, Eric Check this page for information on importing from other programs: http://www.slipstick.com/config/olimport.htm -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr/Computers/OneNoteFAQ.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Eric" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:052101c3...

Report Asking For a Parameter
So I had a report that called with its Record Source set to TableA. I then made a copy of this report, but change the Record Source to TableB. TableB is a summary of TableA, and is missing one field, NAME So when I run my report, it pops up asking for the paramater for NAME. I looked at the report and deleted the feild that was linked to NAME. The report is still asking for NAME, even though no feilds on the report ask for it now. How do I go about fixing this? On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 15:19:03 -0700, "James" <fake@email.com> wrote: NAME (which by the way is a Reserved Wor...

Importing the format (Excel 2003)
I'm using a vlookup function to import data from a pivot table but I'd like to import the format as well. From previous posts this is apparently not possible unless you use codes. I'm unfortunately not familiar with coding. Is there maybe a site you could direct me to where I would be able to figure out what I need to do? Any links to sites where one could learn a bit more about macros and coding would be helpful as well. Hi Jaco, After entering the v-lookup formulae in the required cell, you can use paset - special format from the respective pivot field. -- Dilip Kumar Pandey...

Home Page Content Item: Important Dates (repost)
I asked this question 3 days ago and have received no replies so I'm repeating it. Perhaps the subject name I used: "Important Dates" was too short or sounded like spam. In any case my experience on this board is that even if no one has a solution, someone usually responds saying that he can't reproduce the problem, or that it doesn't work for him either, or that the poster misunderstands what this function is supposed to do. Not having received any response at all, I beg your indulgence with this repost: ***** Money 2006. No Passport. XP Home SP2. P4 3.0 GHz. 1G...

Importing data from multiple sources
I need to import data of members from two different sources, and then compare the data. Is there an easy way of doing this? -- Ted in Chicago You could import the data from the two sources, creating a table for each. Then, you can create a query that compares the data in the tables. "TedChicago" wrote: > I need to import data of members from two different sources, and then compare > the data. Is there an easy way of doing this? > -- > Ted in Chicago .... and as an alternative, you may be able to link to, rather than import, the data. You could ...

flag disappears when import messages from oe6
When I import messages into outlook 2003 from OE6 on the same computer,flags on the messages disappears & flag column on outlook is blank Any way to import falgs too with messages. As i have lots of messages which are flagged on OE6 & very difficult to flag them on outlook 2003 manually Attique khawaja I don't think these get migrated. Try it again but this time choose Export from within Outlook Express. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "khawaja" <anony...

Create just an email user
How do I create an AD user that may be used only to access its mailbox (and not to login to a client computer)? What about removing it from "Domain Users"? Thanks! You can't. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Gaspar" <noreply@nospamplease.com> wrote in message news:uxLkgA6kKHA.2132@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > How do I create an AD user that may be used only to access its mailbox > (and not to login to a client computer)? > What about removing it from "Domain ...

Fixed Assets Import (6 months ago)
Hello: It really is a moot point. The situation is over, my clients are happy, and I am able to import fixed assets just fine. But, six months ago and right before service pack 1 for GP 9.0 was released, for the first time ever I was unable to import fixed assets. The FA Import Tool would show--on the "surface"--that all of my assets imported. But, the fact of the matter was that the assets did NOT import. And, there were no error messages givens to why! I had opened up a case with Microsoft, at that time. They admitted that they could not solve the mystery. And, they s...

Importing List from Excel to Word printing labels spacing problems
When I import my mailing list from Excel to Word to print mailing labels (30 per page) my labels have large spaces between the lines. For example they look like this: John Doe P.O. Box 000 City, State, Zip And then if I have a business name before John Doe it gets cut off. Is there a way to decrease the space between the lines so it fits better? I have figured out how to do one at a time, but we have 4,000 of these to print! I would like it to look like: John Doe P.O. Box 000 City, State, Zip Thanks for any help! Sounds like a question for a Word newsgroup, not...

Importing Loan transcations from FI to MM2004
Hello, I am having trouble importing loan transactions from FI to MM2004. It imports the information as a line of credit rather than directly to my loan account. Is there any work around to this issue? Any suggestions would be helpful. TY Enter the transactions manually just as you like them? "anonymous" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:538444E0-D056-4718-A0AB-26C1C0428E9A@microsoft.com... > I am having trouble importing loan transactions from FI to MM2004. It > imports the information as a line of credit rather than directly to my ...

Paycheck import ???
Is this a way, if any, to correctly import gross pay as a paycheck in MS Money ? Have you tried the Paycheck special "category"? "George" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13cb501c3f93d$98d8eb60$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is this a way, if any, to correctly import gross pay as a > paycheck in MS Money ? Sorry, I don't understand your suggestion. Using standard export to qif I can only import split transactions, but no realy paycheck category. George I guess I didn't understand your question then. But I did just try this wit...

Import-Mailbox
Hello, Is there any known issue using the import-mailbox cmdlet on Outlook 2003 PST files on an Exchange 2007 server ? The command runs fine, the XML log file shows no error at all, but nothing appears in the target mailbox. In the meantime, I have no problem at all importing Outlook 2007 PST files. Thanks in advance. Christian I found many had this same issue as described in this forum: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/exchangesvrdeploy/thread/cf 7fa77d-05ca-4348-94fe-9160854300d3/ They resolved this using Update Rollup 2 for Exchange Server 2007 Ser...

Can I import old email from Eudora to MS Outlook 2007?
Is there a way to import my old email from eudora into outlook 2007? ...

error importing excel data to outlook
Running Outlook 2002, if I try to import excel information into the contact area, I receive this message: An OBDC error has occured in Microsoft excel translator while getting the contents of a file system. OBDC Driver manager: Data source name not found and no default driver specified. I checked the support database and only found some information on named ranges and problems due to the excel file already being open. These don't seem to be the issue. Any thoughts? ...

Importing accounts and contacts from cdf using CRM migration assistant : nothing happens
Hello ! I spent almost the night to import datas for my small business, everything seems fine in the cdf database, but when I try to move data using the assistant, nothing happens, no records are pumped, and I have no errors. I customized some attributes in the account element, prepared the cdf database from CRM, imported my data ( 11000 accounts ) in cdf, checked the requested values ( seem fine - I use no guid, it's right ? ) and when I execute the import procedure, select only accounts and contacts, everything goes fast, and finally show 0 records moved of 0 : I am having th...

How to force import Window to start from access file (.mdb) root folder ?
Hi, Is there a way to force the Import brower window to start looking from the access file root folder at all times ? Perhaps by means of a registry setting ? i.e. I have a file: MyDatabase.mdb on K:\MyFiles\MyDatabases\Clients\ Each week I'm using the same database to import new files arriving in the subdirectory \FilesToImport. So the full path is K:\MyFiles\MyDatabases\Clients\FilesToImport. Now I want to shortcut the browsing and get straight to the application root folder. Does anybody has a clue ? Thanks a lot. JG Try changing the current directory: ChDrive "K&quo...

Important Information #2
Check out: www.Brandon-Lands.com ...