Just happened to be scanning the web for something on VB6 and came across this monstrosity

I was looking for a masked textbox for hex input and in the MSDN blurb
on How to Create a Numeric Text Box (.Net, naturally, this being
Microsoft) my eyes hit upon the following:

Dim numberFormatInfo As NumberFormatInfo =
System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CurrentCulture.NumberFormat

I mean, you REALLY have to allow that to sink in...
System....
           ....Globalization....
                                  ....CultureInfo....

.....CurrentCulture....

.....NumberFormat

Yeuch!

MM
0
MM

On 2010-01-30, MM <kylix_is@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> I was looking for a masked textbox for hex input and in the MSDN blurb
> on How to Create a Numeric Text Box (.Net, naturally, this being
> Microsoft) my eyes hit upon the following:
>
> Dim numberFormatInfo As NumberFormatInfo =
> System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CurrentCulture.NumberFormat
>
> I mean, you REALLY have to allow that to sink in...
> System....
>            ....Globalization....
>                                   ....CultureInfo....
>
> ....CurrentCulture....
>
> ....NumberFormat
>
> Yeuch!
>
> MM

I'm not sure your fellow VB6'ers should be very happy with you on this.  You
mentioned .NET and now you have INVITED replies.  Or, is it now ok to have
these discussions here?

--
Tom Shelton
0

> I'm not sure your fellow VB6'ers should be very happy with you on this.
You
> mentioned .NET and now you have INVITED replies.  Or, is it now ok to have
> these discussions here?

   I think he was making a point about political
cor-ectness -- the ironically crass insensitivity of
institutionalized gentility. ... But maybe that's just
me.
   Like a born-again Chri*tian in a p--n shop, you
have a dually-perverse, one-track mind. :)

0
mayayana
1/30/2010 3:44:37 PM
"MM" <kylix_is@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CurrentCulture.NumberFormat

What does this have to do with VB6? This group is for VB6 and earlier.
VB.Net and all dotnet groups have either "dotnet" or "vsnet" in the group
name. Go post here instead:

0
Nobody
1/30/2010 3:56:03 PM
On 2010-01-30, mayayana <mayaXXyana@rcXXn.com> wrote:

>> I'm not sure your fellow VB6'ers should be very happy with you on this.
> You
>> mentioned .NET and now you have INVITED replies.  Or, is it now ok to have
>> these discussions here?
>>

>    I think he was making a point about political
> cor-ectness -- the ironically crass insensitivity of
> institutionalized gentility. ... But maybe that's just
> me.
>    Like a born-again Chri*tian in a p--n shop, you
> have a dually-perverse, one-track mind. :)

LOL...  Dude - you have absolutely NO room to talk.  Your one of the "gang"
that immediately jumps on anyone for even mentioning .NET.  And yet, you seem
to be defending the actions of one of your compatriots....  I find that
interesting.

--
Tom Shelton
0
wrote:

>"MM" <kylix_is@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>> System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CurrentCulture.NumberFormat
>
>What does this have to do with VB6?

Er, I was searching for stuff about VB6, as I think you'll be able to
tell from the topic title.

MM
0
MM
1/30/2010 7:37:10 PM
> On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 10:56:03 -0500, "Nobody" <nobody@nobody.com>
> wrote:
>
>>"MM" <kylix_is@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CurrentCulture.NumberFormat
>>
>>What does this have to do with VB6?
>
> Er, I was searching for stuff about VB6, as I think you'll be able to
> tell from the topic title.

But your post is about .Nxt, not VB6.

0
Nobody
1/30/2010 8:24:43 PM

"Nobody" <nobody@nobody.com> wrote in message
> "MM" <kylix_is@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 10:56:03 -0500, "Nobody" <nobody@nobody.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>"MM" <kylix_is@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>>>
>>>What does this have to do with VB6?
>>
>> Er, I was searching for stuff about VB6, as I think you'll be able to
>> tell from the topic title.
>
> But your post is about .Nxt, not VB6.

He was trying to make a point...that in .NET, you have to resort to digging
into many layers to get what you want....whereas in VB6, what you need is
usually right there.  I get the point, but I don't see the purpose of making
such a post in this newsgroup except to start more controversy.

--
Mike

0
MikeD
1/30/2010 9:45:54 PM
"MikeD" <nobody@nowhere.edu> wrote in message
> He was trying to make a point...that in .NET, you have to resort to
> digging into many layers to get what you want....whereas in VB6, what you
> need is usually right there.

That's what Imports statement is for. It opens up a dotted branch, so you
don't have to use the long dotted name. Kind of like not requiring that you
type "Form1.BackColor", and just type "BackColor".

0
Nobody
1/30/2010 10:38:26 PM
On 30 Jan, 23:38, "Nobody" <nob...@nobody.com> wrote:
> "MikeD" <nob...@nowhere.edu> wrote in message

> > He was trying to make a point...that in .NET, you have to resort to
> > digging into many layers to get what you want....whereas in VB6, what you
> > need is usually right there.
>
> That's what Imports statement is for. It opens up a dotted branch, so you
> don't have to use the long dotted name. Kind of like not requiring that you
> type "Form1.BackColor", and just type "BackColor".

Might be that I think it was a bit of a stretch to post the original,
but now an interesting thought does text1.text="something" and this
might work but I wont use it text1="something" do?

I used some java and the import or whatever it was called made me drop
some of those long ones...
I dont like the variant either, because you dont have to think on what
you are doing, and if you do and still dont (happens)

I get the results of pushing over 32767 registrable something (in VB
int terms) and have to rewrite the stored proc or cleaning off data in
the database..
isnt me.something to go with then?

And for the .net yes seen it, dont like it... yet. (well U never know)

//CY
0
CY
1/30/2010 11:50:28 PM
CY wrote:
> On 30 Jan, 23:38, "Nobody" <nob...@nobody.com> wrote:
>> "MikeD" <nob...@nowhere.edu> wrote in message
>>
>> That's what Imports statement is for. It opens up a dotted branch,
>> so you don't have to use the long dotted name. Kind of like not
>> requiring that you type "Form1.BackColor", and just type "BackColor".
>
> Might be that I think it was a bit of a stretch to post the original,
> but now an interesting thought does text1.text="something" and this
> might work but I wont use it text1="something" do?

It would be a bit of a stretch.

The Imports statement in .Net refers to Namespaces (usually libraries,
classes, or both) within a context defined by scope. VB doesn't support
Namespaces as all References and Modules are public (in project scope) by
default, thus implicit. It does however support the ability to remove
ambiguity by explicitly providing the reference or module of interest.

The examples both of you used are dealing with 'object' references. Both
..Net and VB provide the With Statement to shorten the amount of typing
needed when working with objects.

-ralph

0
Ralph
1/31/2010 2:07:16 AM
On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 17:38:26 -0500, "Nobody" <nobody@nobody.com>
wrote:

>"MikeD" <nobody@nowhere.edu> wrote in message
>> He was trying to make a point...that in .NET, you have to resort to
>> digging into many layers to get what you want....whereas in VB6, what you
>> need is usually right there.
>
>That's what Imports statement is for. It opens up a dotted branch, so you
>don't have to use the long dotted name. Kind of like not requiring that you
>type "Form1.BackColor", and just type "BackColor".

You must be a .Net nut to want to take this thread further...

MM
0
MM
1/31/2010 8:56:13 AM
On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 07:04:54 -0800, Tom Shelton
<tom_shelton@comcastXXXXXXX.net> wrote:

>On 2010-01-30, MM <kylix_is@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>> I was looking for a masked textbox for hex input and in the MSDN blurb
>> on How to Create a Numeric Text Box (.Net, naturally, this being
>> Microsoft) my eyes hit upon the following:
>>
>> Dim numberFormatInfo As NumberFormatInfo =
>> System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CurrentCulture.NumberFormat
>>
>> I mean, you REALLY have to allow that to sink in...
>> System....
>>            ....Globalization....
>>                                   ....CultureInfo....
>>
>> ....CurrentCulture....
>>
>> ....NumberFormat
>>
>> Yeuch!
>>
>> MM
>
>I'm not sure your fellow VB6'ers should be very happy with you on this.  You
>mentioned .NET and now you have INVITED replies.  Or, is it now ok to have
>these discussions here?

"INVITED" ?

Where?

MM
0
MM
1/31/2010 9:40:44 AM
On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 15:24:43 -0500, "Nobody" <nobody@nobody.com>
wrote:

>"MM" <kylix_is@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 10:56:03 -0500, "Nobody" <nobody@nobody.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>"MM" <kylix_is@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>>>
>>>What does this have to do with VB6?
>>
>> Er, I was searching for stuff about VB6, as I think you'll be able to
>> tell from the topic title.
>
>But your post is about .Nxt, not VB6.

It's about both, except I spell it .Net.

MM
0
MM
1/31/2010 9:42:17 AM
> On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 17:38:26 -0500, "Nobody" <nobody@nobody.com>
> wrote:
>
>>"MikeD" <nobody@nowhere.edu> wrote in message
>>> He was trying to make a point...that in .NET, you have to resort to
>>> digging into many layers to get what you want....whereas in VB6, what
>>> you
>>> need is usually right there.
>>
>>That's what Imports statement is for. It opens up a dotted branch, so you
>>don't have to use the long dotted name. Kind of like not requiring that
>>you
>>type "Form1.BackColor", and just type "BackColor".
>
> You must be a .Net nut to want to take this thread further...

Further from where?

0
Nobody
1/31/2010 10:23:54 AM
On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 05:23:54 -0500, "Nobody" <nobody@nobody.com>
wrote:

>"MM" <kylix_is@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 17:38:26 -0500, "Nobody" <nobody@nobody.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>"MikeD" <nobody@nowhere.edu> wrote in message
>>>
>>>That's what Imports statement is for. It opens up a dotted branch, so you
>>>don't have to use the long dotted name. Kind of like not requiring that
>>>you
>>>type "Form1.BackColor", and just type "BackColor".
>>
>> You must be a .Net nut to want to take this thread further...
>
>Further from where?

Hey, you're telling us now about the Imports statement!

MM
0
MM
1/31/2010 6:11:56 PM
> On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 05:23:54 -0500, "Nobody" <nobody@nobody.com>
> wrote:
>
>>"MM" <kylix_is@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

>>> You must be a .Net nut to want to take this thread further...
>>
>>Further from where?
>
> Hey, you're telling us now about the Imports statement!

Just preempting who you have invited for discussion, so the door that you
have opened is closed.

0
Nobody
1/31/2010 6:55:00 PM
On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 13:55:00 -0500, "Nobody" <nobody@nobody.com>
wrote:

>"MM" <kylix_is@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 05:23:54 -0500, "Nobody" <nobody@nobody.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>"MM" <kylix_is@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

>>>Further from where?
>>
>> Hey, you're telling us now about the Imports statement!
>
>Just preempting who you have invited for discussion, so the door that you
>have opened is closed.

But you could have resisted the urge to add to the thread, thus
closing the door even sooner.

MM
0
MM

�
� Dim numberFormatInfo As NumberFormatInfo =
� System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CurrentCulture.NumberFormat
�
� I mean, you REALLY have to allow that to sink in...
� System....
�            ....Globalization....
�                                   ....CultureInfo....
�
� ....CurrentCulture....
�
� ....NumberFormat
�
� Yeuch!
�
� MM

So are you saying that you would rather write an extra five to ten lines of not as readable Windows
API code in Classic Visual Basic in order to retrieve this information?

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
0
Paul
2/1/2010 1:54:50 PM
"Paul Clement" <UseAdddressAtEndofMessage@swspectrum.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 10:31:01 +0000, MM <kylix_is@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
> � I was looking for a masked textbox for hex input and in the MSDN blurb
> � on How to Create a Numeric Text Box (.Net, naturally, this being
> � Microsoft) my eyes hit upon the following:
> �
> � Dim numberFormatInfo As NumberFormatInfo =
> � System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CurrentCulture.NumberFormat
> �
> � I mean, you REALLY have to allow that to sink in...
> � System....
> �            ....Globalization....
> �                                   ....CultureInfo....
> �
> � ....CurrentCulture....
> �
> � ....NumberFormat
> �
> � Yeuch!
> �
> � MM
>
> So are you saying that you would rather write an extra five to ten lines
> of not as readable Windows
> API code in Classic Visual Basic in order to retrieve this information?
>

> Paul
> ~~~~
> Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Well yes, and I disagree about "readability", the OOP code is just "black
boxes" the script kiddie need have zero understanding of what's happening to
get something that more-or-less works, all they need is to plumb the
documentation to absurd depths.

And yes the API is also "black boxes" to a degree, but in most cases they
are very well documented black boxes so a programmer can find out exactly
what's happening.

Strangely in perhaps the majority of cases the OOP method is noticeably
slower, this is not what I call an improvement, more one step forwards and
several backwards.

A few lines of VB native code with or without API calls are easier to
understand what is actually happening, and far easier to modify - If you
don't like how an OOP object does it's thing then in most cases you are back
to the VB6 way of having to hard-code from scratch, which judging from the
questions from .NETters is beyond many of them. That's not a problem if they
don't pretend to be professional programmers, but regrettably.......... (you
can fill in the blanks).

Dave O.

0
Dave
2/1/2010 4:14:58 PM

> It's about both, except I spell it .N t.

Actually, if I understood others, the idea of spelling the platform name as
Nxt
is so that people using a search engine and searching for the correct name
will
not get any unrelated hits just because people are out of topic in a
nonrelated
group. Regards, Saga

0
Saga
2/1/2010 4:51:36 PM
On Mon, 1 Feb 2010 16:14:58 -0000, "Dave O." <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote:

� > So are you saying that you would rather write an extra five to ten lines
� > of not as readable Windows
� > API code in Classic Visual Basic in order to retrieve this information?
� >
� >
� > Paul
� > ~~~~
� > Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
�
� Well yes, and I disagree about "readability", the OOP code is just "black
� boxes" the script kiddie need have zero understanding of what's happening to
� get something that more-or-less works, all they need is to plumb the
� documentation to absurd depths.

That's nice but hasn't that always been the point of Visual Basic, regardless of version? It hides
much of the underlying implementation from developers. Guess that makes us all "script kiddies". ;-)

You could use the API function call in .NET as well, but what's the point when it can be represented
in a single line of code that is self-documenting?

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
0
Paul
2/1/2010 5:42:42 PM
"Saga" <antiSpam@nowhere.com> wrote in message

| Actually, if I understood others, the idea of spelling the platform name
as
| Nxt
| is so that people using a search engine and searching for the correct name
| will
| not get any unrelated hits just because people are out of topic in a
| nonrelated
| group. Regards, Saga

Exactly.

On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 07:54:50 -0600, Paul Clement
<UseAdddressAtEndofMessage@swspectrum.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 10:31:01 +0000, MM <kylix_is@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
>� I was looking for a masked textbox for hex input and in the MSDN blurb
>� on How to Create a Numeric Text Box (.Net, naturally, this being
>� Microsoft) my eyes hit upon the following:
>�
>� Dim numberFormatInfo As NumberFormatInfo =
>� System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CurrentCulture.NumberFormat
>�
>� I mean, you REALLY have to allow that to sink in...
>� System....
>�            ....Globalization....
>�                                   ....CultureInfo....
>�
>� ....CurrentCulture....
>�
>� ....NumberFormat
>�
>� Yeuch!
>�
>� MM
>
>So are you saying that you would rather write an extra five to ten lines of not as readable Windows
>API code in Classic Visual Basic in order to retrieve this information?

Why would I want to retrieve such information?

I reckon in VB6 Dim i As Integer is usually a pretty good start.

MM
0
MM
2/1/2010 8:08:54 PM
wrote:

>Strangely in perhaps the majority of cases the OOP method is noticeably
>slower, this is not what I call an improvement, more one step forwards and
>several backwards.

Well, of course! It's all because OOP takes the circuitous route.
Here's a classic VB itinerant, seeking a pub:

"I say, I say! Is there a pub near here?"

Windows...  "Yep, sure. Just follow this road for half a mile and
you'll see it on your right."

Classic VB itinerant does exactly that and is drinking his first pint
of the day in no time.

Now here's the OOP itinerant:

SetupRepeatFrame.String = "I say"
ProcessRepeatFrame.Iterations = 2
Conversation.Start
SetupRepeatFrame.String = "Is there a pub near here?"
ProcessRepeatFrame.Iterations = 1
Conversation.Start

Windows...  "Yep, sure. Just follow this road for half a mile and
you'll see it on your right."

OOP itinerant eventually gets there, but it's dusk by then and the pub
has closed. Also, OOP ran out of memory in the meantime and has to be
rebooted.

MM
0
MM
2/1/2010 8:19:08 PM
On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 20:08:54 +0000, MM <kylix_is@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

� On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 07:54:50 -0600, Paul Clement
� <UseAdddressAtEndofMessage@swspectrum.com> wrote:
�
� >On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 10:31:01 +0000, MM <kylix_is@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
� >
� >� I was looking for a masked textbox for hex input and in the MSDN blurb
� >� on How to Create a Numeric Text Box (.Net, naturally, this being
� >� Microsoft) my eyes hit upon the following:
� >�
[...]

I don't know, but it's there if you need regional settings information. Or, in your case it's a call
to GetLocaleInfo.

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
0
Paul

Outlook Web Access/IIS6
Hi We use IIS6 just for OWA (Exchange 2003) every so often the ability to access the OWA page stops, even if you go onto the server and localhost still can't access page, the only way to respolve this is to restart the server? (you can stop and start IIS services) Any help much appreciated Many thanks Mark - Any errors in the application event log? - Is the http virtual server running? - Does this happen for all mailboxes or particular mailbox(es)? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Marka" &l...

Code Comment Web Report,
I have enabled VC++ XML comments in Visual Studio 2005. However, I do not see the "Build Comment Web Pages" under the Tools file menu (which my book says should be there--but the book was written for VS02). Did they get rid of Build Comment Web Pages in VS05, or simply move it? > I have enabled VC++ XML comments in Visual Studio 2005. However, I do not > see the "Build Comment Web Pages" under the Tools file menu (which my book > says should be there--but the book was written for VS02). Did they get rid > of Build Comment Web Pages in VS05, or simply ...

Form as Web Page
It has been many years since I used Access, but I would swear that I used to be able to save/export the form as an HTML or at least make it look like a webpage. I want to be able to open the form and add/modify records without having access to (or even see) the tool bars, etc... Yes you could save as a Data Access Page. Does not have all the functionality of regular forms. Maybe this would help: http://databases.about.com/od/tutorials/ss/dataaccess.htm MS Access 2010 will be released in June and has the ability to build web databases. Quite nice from what I have seen. The ...

Watch this security update which came from Microsoft Corporation
--fvjuqcqy Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="cyboqmdyddyot"; type="multipart/alternative" --cyboqmdyddyot Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="xgnyfiduslihauwz" --xgnyfiduslihauwz Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to maintain the security of your computer. This up...

something having kids altogather from different countries
I want to get some clip art representing kids from different countries ...

Interesting behaviour of GetMenuString() across platforms
Hi, I am using "CMenu::GetMenuString()" to retrieve the String for the MenuItem() in Visual C++ 6.0, somewhat like: ~~~ Code Snippets ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ pPopup->GetMenuString(ID_BLOCK_WATCHER_CHAT,strText,MF_BYCOMMAND); ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Interesting thing is, the above snippet works fine across all the platforms but Windows NT. Would like to make mention of that, we are developing a Unicode application (integrated with MSLU - Microsoft Layer for Unicode). Kindly suggest what might have been going wrong...

Populate customer through web services
I am trying to import a customer record through dynamics web services and have the following questions: 1. How do I get the customer class information to default for the customer. I am passing in the customer class and the class field populates on the customer but the class information does not default. There is a behaviour on the create customer but it is of type internal. If I change the behaviour on the policy, the customer does not import at all. 2. How do I get the address on the customer card to be imported. I can get the customer addresses to be imported into Great Plains but no...

Emailing a Web Page from Outlook
I'm trying to email a web page from Outlook and when I select File, Send, Page by Email, the Outlook Express is opens vs Outlook. I have checked and under Tools, Internet Options, Programs, Outlook is selected as the email program and when I click on an email link on a web site Outook opens. Any ideas why for emailing a page, OE opens vs Outlook. Much thx! try setting it to OE, apply, then reset it to Outlook. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http...

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException
Has anyone tried the Samples that come with the Webservices install? Has anyone else received this error with the Samples or does anyone know what is causing it? "System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> An exception occurred that the exception subsystem was unable to log. Consult your System Administrator.\r\n at CustomerUpdate.WebServiceManager.GetAllCompanies() in C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Dynamics\\GPWebServicesSDK\\v9\\Samples\\UpdateCustomers\\CustomerUpdate\\WebServiceManager.cs:line 108\r\n at CustomerUpdate.Custom...

Create just an email user
How do I create an AD user that may be used only to access its mailbox (and not to login to a client computer)? What about removing it from "Domain Users"? Thanks! You can't. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Gaspar" <noreply@nospamplease.com> wrote in message news:uxLkgA6kKHA.2132@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > How do I create an AD user that may be used only to access its mailbox > (and not to login to a client computer)? > What about removing it from "Domain ...

Display web chart in excel
I am trying to create a financial spread sheet and link a chart from ADVFN so it shows up live in my spreadsheet. Havent got a clue how to make this work, any ideas would be appreciated. Rgds Mike Hi, Mike, I may not be understanding what you're after... (and I don't know what ADVFN is) but, have you tried inserting a hyperlink from the menu? Select which cell you want the link to show, then Insert->Hyperlink... and complete the information (link address, name, screen tip, etc) Or are you looking for something more?? jeff >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to cre...

Default Signatures using Outlook Web Access
Because I primarily access email via Outlook Web Access (do not use desktop version of Outlook), I would like to have new/reply messages in OWA default to use a standard signature. I know how to set this up with the desktop version of Outlook. I have also seen how a signature can be picked if your desktop version of Outlook is "configured and runnable" when you are using OWA. However, can a standard signature be set up when only using OWA? Thanks, I would appreciate any help. What version of Exchange are you using? Exchange 2003 OWA offers a default signature. There are a...

Importing accounts and contacts from cdf using CRM migration assistant : nothing happens
Hello ! I spent almost the night to import datas for my small business, everything seems fine in the cdf database, but when I try to move data using the assistant, nothing happens, no records are pumped, and I have no errors. I customized some attributes in the account element, prepared the cdf database from CRM, imported my data ( 11000 accounts ) in cdf, checked the requested values ( seem fine - I use no guid, it's right ? ) and when I execute the import procedure, select only accounts and contacts, everything goes fast, and finally show 0 records moved of 0 : I am having th...

CRM Web links appear to be broken
I am able to open the home page and move throught the interface. The issue I have: I open "HOME" and then move throught the website, I hit errors when trying to return to "home" and other links. Errors occur 95% of the time. The error shows as a permission problem, but if I continue to navigate through the site I eventually get to home. I have a new server and just installed MS SBS 2003 with CRM 1.2. I am also unable to load the Outlook client --> during installation, the host computer is unble to locate the CRM server --> the same server I am have web li...

Something to help me keep track of formulas
Is there an Add-In or some third party software that can help me manage my formulas. They are getting very long and I can not figure out what goes where. I am looking for something free if possible. THanks. Here is an example of my formula that's too long. =IF(A12="Total ",SUM($I$11:$I11),IF(A12="","",IF(ISBLANK('PASTE ABCone'!F12),IF(((VLOOKUP(A12,'PASTE ABCone'!$A$11:$I$300,9,FALSE))*(VLOOKUP(A12,'%'!$A$9:$E$505,5,FALSE)))=0,"",ROUND((VLOOKUP(A12,'PASTE ABCone'!$A$11:$I$300,9,FALSE))*(VLOOKUP(A12,'%'...

I have four to a page postcards and need to put something differe.
I have post cards which are four to a page and need to put something different on each post card. I can't figure out how to do more than one at a time. In Avery I can do four individual cards on one sheet, but it doesn't have the formatting capabilities of publisher. You could set the paper size to 8�"x11, Arrange 2 rows, 2 columns, adjust margins to suit and build four different postcards. -- Don Vancouver, USA "oneelegantone" <oneelegantone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6980556-55CB-4C6E-9ED0-C88587E4E4F3@microsoft.com... > I h...

Just a quick question
I want to be able to average a range of cells, some of these cells are 0, and those are the ones I don't to include in on the calculation. Brian, If your data is in "B5:D14"... =SUM(B5:D14)/COUNTIF(B5:D14,">0") Regards, Jim Cone San Francisco, CA "Brian Shafer" <brian.shafer123@insightbb.com> wrote in message news:u5UCb.386665$275.1243012@attbi_s53... > I want to be able to average a range of cells, some of these cells are 0, > and those are the ones I don't to include in on the calculation. > > Brian, If your range actually...

image enlarges when uploaded to web
I created a header image for a website in publisher, the size of it is 7.85 in x 1.9 in, saved as jpeg file, also bmp file, when I upload the graphic into builderspot, the graphic enlarges to about 20 inches across by 5 in. deep. How can I keep the correct dimensions so when I upload this it wont increase in size? Help! Dawn Inches isn't the same as pixels. Your picture needs to be measured in pixels, probably about 750 pixels. In Publisher, Tools, Options, change the measurements to pixels. Re-work your banner. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer...

Across OS Communication...Possible?
Is it possible to run an application from within a Virtual Machine OS (such as Microsoft Virtual Server 2003) that can execute a program on the hosting OS that is running the Virtual machine? Or are the two completely cut-off from each other? Thx. Webbiz On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 14:00:27 -0600, Webbiz <nospam@noway.com> wrote: >Is it possible to run an application from within a Virtual Machine OS >(such as Microsoft Virtual Server 2003) that can execute a program on >the hosting OS that is running the Virtual machine? Or are the two >completely cut-off from each o...

Scanning Barcode, match with excel, VBA
I got a barcode scanner attached to a laptop. I my excel sheet, column A has source#, column B has item to keep or discard. I have a barcode label (source#) on the item in the shelf, so when I scan the barcode label, I want excel to take me to the source# match in the column A. so I will get to see column B to keep the item or to discard. And I also wanted the row to turn green for keep and red to discard. Can anybody PLEASE help with creating VBA using Macro? Column A Column B Source# Keep/discard 1572156 Keep 1572293 Discard 1572299 Keep 1572211 Discard 15723...

what happens when a digital certificate expires
I think I'm forced to digitally sign my ClickOnce manifest and assembly for a windows forms application (see yesterday's post, 'click once deployment cannot continue'. This seems like a stupid question, but in all the articles I've read, I can't find what happens to a user when the digital certificate expires. Does the application just fail? Am i going to be scrambling to acquire a new certificate and publish updates signed with the new certificate? Will the application automatically update to the new version with the new certificate, once it is publis...

Referencing Flash OCX properly in vb6
Hi All I've used the shockwave flash component to good effect in my vb6 app, but when I tried to add this ocx (flash10e.ocx by the way) as part of my installler InnoSetup can't register the component. Keeps giving a 0x5 error. Some have said don't worry about it as flash is installed by default in windows these days, but looking at my ticked reference/component in the Project's usual window it specifically relates to flash10e.ocx. Now my past experience on these references is that if you do this with say Word then if the target machine has anything, but Wo...

How can let user scale the window just in the original ratio?
I wanna let the user scale the main window just in the original ratio (ratio = width/height), so that things on the main window won't be distorted. Any One Can help? >I wanna let the user scale the main window just in the original ratio (ratio >= width/height), so that things on the main window won't be distorted. Bryan, Handle WM_SIZING and adjust the RECT values to suit your application's requirements. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq ...

eConnect and Web Service
Does anyone know where I can find an example of eConnect being used through a Web Service? ...

Outlook Web Access Problem #3
I use Exchange 5.5 SP4 on an NT4.0 Server. I use Outlook Web Access for accessing email from home or another pc. The reply function is no longer working in OWA. You click on reply and nothing happens. Any thoughts? OWA is a function of Exchange and can best be answered in an Exchange news group, probably the adminnistrator group on msnews.microsoft.com. >-----Original Message----- >I use Exchange 5.5 SP4 on an NT4.0 Server. I use Outlook >Web Access for accessing email from home or another pc. >The reply function is no longer working in OWA. You click >on reply...