folder browsing - create folder problem

vb.net   I want to use a system dialog to return the path to a folder the
user selects.  I need the ability set the default folder and create a folder
too.  It would also be helpful from a less clicks stand point if the default
folder could be expanded so the user doesn't have to.  I found
FolderBrowserDialog which does what I want except for a few things.  It does
not expand the default folder which is a problem because if the user creates
a folder, a new folder is created named "New Folder" beneath the default
folder but since the default folder is collapsed, the user isn't given
feedback that the folder was created and doesn't have the option to name the
folder before it's officially created.  If the default folder is expanded
however, this problem goes away because the user does get feedback and can
name the folder.

"Mike Beebe" <MikeBeebe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> vb.net

wrong group; this group is for VB6 and earlier

look for a group with "dotnet" in the name

0
Bob

Public Folder Replica Fail
Exchange 5.5 Sp4, First Exchange in site Nt4 Enterprise Sp6, Priv.edb 10Gb Pub.edb 600Mb no space problem on disks. I've add a new Exchange Server 5.5 in my site (win 2k Server Sp4), and i've planed to replicate there all Public Folder and after some tests move all mailbox on the new server, promote it first server in the site and remove the old one. Friday i've implemented the replica of P.F. on the new server, i've configured the range time of replica on always but since now the replica hasn't gone. In event viewer thersn't no one log about replica. Someone c...

Deleted public folder with Email Enabled
Hello, Today I deleted a public folder with email enabled and now the public folder is in the Global Address list on the outlook clients but not in the ADirectory manager or the Exchange System Manager. We run a single Active Directory and a single Exchange Server with 35 employees. I saw a reference to a similar issue that the clients took a little while to "update" the information. I've waited about 5 hours for the update, to no avail. I created a user and tried "hiding" from the Global List and it was almost instant to the client end, so I know its updating. Any id...

OWA 2003 Public folders opening new window
I do not like how OWA in Exchange 2003 opens a new window when you click to view the public folders. OWA in Exchange 2000 did not do this. Is there a way that I can modify a setting to keep it in the same window like it was when viewing OWA in Exchange 2000? Thanks in advance for your help. ...

CRM 3.0 - Reporting Problem
I hope that someone can help with this, please. I have CRM 3.0 installed on Windows 2003 SBS with SQL Server 2005 and Reporting Services and IIS 6.0 CRM is fine apart from the reports. Having looked through other threads regarding the issue, I believe that the problem I have is one of authentication. I can only get the report list to show up in CRM if I enable anonymous login to the ReportServer web site in IIS - if I do this the reports return the error "CRM_Fullname parameter is missing a value" both from within CRM and when run from the Report Manager website - if I di...

Problem in Schedule Payment Entry Window
Hi, Schedule Payment Entry window allows Schedule document date less than Original document date. If my original document date is 01/01/2007 then my schedule document date should not be less than this date. System allows me to enter schedule date as 01/01/2006 and based on that I can create wrong invoice due date and after that I can post this data also. Let me know if this works as it is or it require to fix. Ajay ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I ...

Problem with Wizard type Application
HI All Working on a wizard type dilaog application and taken the idea of creating wizard from the below link http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/wizard2000.asp Here having one problem: what I am doing is that Suppose right now on property page number 3 and performing some operaion, after finishing operation want to jump on the next page (number 4) automatically, without clicking on the Next Button. For this using SetActivePage(int i) function. but this function throws exception. One more thing that when I jump from Page 3 to Page 2 it jumps successfully, problem is with the pages ahead. So P...

check printing problem
I've always had this problem, but it's now more annoying. The problem was present in M2003, and persists in M2007. I use the Laser Wallet Checks which have a stub on the left, and the check on the right. They are three to a page, with a "4th" slot for a mini check register. They are supposed to work with Money. Everything lines up properly (both vertical and horizontal) EXCEPT the Memo line, which is about one line low, maybe a bit more. It actually prints mostly below the shaded area of the check (but above the MICR). Any suggestions would be appreciated. --ron Ron...

IRM problem: UPDATE
Good news, folks: Looks like a fix is imminent. Keep your eye on this link for the latest info. This should all appear on one line: http://blogs.technet.com/rmssupp/archive/2009/11/25/passport-rms- service-experiencing-technical-difficulties.aspx ...

Removing Personal Folder to the Folder List
Hello I have a problem in removing my other Personal Folder (2003 and 2004 folders) in my Folder list, I already change the Delivery to another Folder (2005 forlder) then I want to delete the other personal folders. Can you help me with this, is there something i can do to the registry, something like that pls helppp.... Unless you migrated your data incorrectly, just R click and close any folder that is no longer your default. If you can't, then post the details on your Outlook version and how you set a new folder as your default. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] ltamisin wrote: &...

Problem with Outlook 2003 crashing on close
Hi I recently upgraded to MS Office 2003 Professional from Office XP. Most this work fine, it;s only been a few days now, but outlook crashes when I close it, and doesn't reopen. I have two machines, a desktop and a laptop both running the same versions of XP SP2. and the problem occurs with both. So after restarting outlook will open and download emails most things work ok although I haven't been able to test everything, but when I close, the little icon in the task tray says outlook is not responding. I have to manually kill the outlook.exe process and even then outlook does not r...

Problem probably about using fwrite-fread with directly structs
Hello everybody, I am working on WinXp and Visual C++ 6.0 edition. I have two structs as shown at the very bottom of my message. Besides my main formview, I have a dialog box whose user interface is used to change the data related with these structs. There is 1 "FileSetupData" struct and 20 FileThreatData to be saved and to be loaded back when the user activates the dialog again. As an electronics engineer I am very used to working with C functions fopen, fclose, fread, fwrite etc... and I saved the data to a BINARY file by directly saving structs using fwrite. There are a total of ...

why do messages move to deleted folder automatically?
Some messages are moving to the "Deleted" folder without any action by me. I must keep checking my deleted folder for newq messages. Also, many messages are going to the Junk folder even senders for whom I have created a rule to force them to go to the inbox. What gives? Joshua51 <Joshua51@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Some messages are moving to the "Deleted" folder without any action > by me. I must keep checking my deleted folder for newq messages. Make sure you don't have any rules or add-ons like non-Outlook antispam filters. > Also, m...

Custom Receipt problem
I have modified the Full Page Invoice from CustomerSource. My receipt is a half-page (5.5 x 8.5) format. I have also added the following to the bottom of 'Bill To & Ship To' part of the header area: <IF> <CONDITION>Transaction.Type = transactionWorkOrder</CONDITION> <THEN> <ROW>"Reference:|" Transaction.ReferenceNumber </ROW> </THEN> </IF> <IF> <CONDITION>Transaction.Type = transactionWorkOrder</CONDITION> <THEN> <ROW>"Comment:|" Transaction.Comment </ROW> </THE...

Problem in Advanced Find
I have added another value in the drop down for activities search and that is to search in activity body text. It works fine but when ever i combine it with the criteria to find for last 7 days it got stucked and after a while gives time out expired message for ADO. I have searched the error on MS support and according to the solution reseted the timeout value to unlimited but it didnt work both on unlimited and 1 hour settings. It works fine if i give it the criteria of 7 days the other way like on or after 15/09/2004 while current date is 22/09/2004. Can any one know the solution to ...

Excel-two problems
Hi! The first problem is so : I download from Internet xls with macros, open it in my excel2003 everything is ok, macros are running well. When i create the sam project by myself, writing any simpliest macro and save it, then clos Excel, and when I try to open it - i get Microsoft Excel error, i closes itself (trying to send some error log to ms) and restore m excel project with data loss of visual basic (i loose all macros). Wh ? The second thing: How to limit for cell (or merged cells) the number of chars ? I Access we can limit for column for ex. named First Name to 30 chars How to do it...

Public Folders in the GAL
Hi, I created some public folders, that appears in the Global Address List. How can I set that, just several user see this public folders in the GAL? I have Exchange2003. Thankx Attila Hi Attila, Thanks for your post. Based on my knowledge, there is no built-in feature which can restrict users from seeing the Public Folder in GAL. However, you may hide it in GAL. To achieve this: 1) Open Exchange System Manager, and expand Folders -> Public Folders. 2) Right click on the folder you want to make modification, and click properties. 3) On the Exchange Advanced tab, check &quo...

IMAP with Outlook 2003 Data Files Problem
Hi, when setting up an IMAP connection with Outlook 2003 the application does not let one select where to store the files related to the account. It is possible to define a "Mail delivery" data file... but no email go into that one. One can also try to move the *.pst file out of "C:\Documents and Settings\%ProfileName%\Local Settings\Microsoft\Outlook". But when one opens Outlook 2003 again it will recreate a new file at the old location "C:\Docs & Settings... etc." instead of somewhere else. Any ideas? Outlook Express does it so why not Outlook?. It i...

Creating Templates
Why does excel drop zip code digit(s) when creating labels? gwj, have a look here http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "gwj248" <gwj248@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DEB241ED-D207-4B07-8914-A9A2F328A0DE@microsoft.com... > Why does excel drop zip code digit(s) when creating labels? ...

out going mails problem
we are using outlook express and outlook as our default mail client when mails are sent from either of clients that mials are not delivered to destination. nmails are going from outbos and they are shown in sent items but they are not being sent to destination. we are using winproxy for internet sharing I verified configuration of win proxy that is also fine. SMTP service also running in proxyserver. entries of sent items are shown below To subject sent Accout Someone@abc.com something mm/dd/yy 192.168.1.26 192.168.1.26 is our proxy ...

create shortcut to folder in outlook toolbar
what about if I want to have a folder in my personal folders lets say "Master Project" underneath I create Cost Folder, Labor Hours Folder, House folder One, House folder Two and House Folder 3. If I put every single cost email in the cost folder and every single labor hours email in there folder.........for some of the cost emails they are jsut related to house folder one, but others might have info related to house folder one and two........so rather then copying the email and making seperate cost folders I just want one master cost folder....and I want to create a "short cut...

Mircosoft Office Access can't create anymore controls...
In Access 2003 I'm getting the error message "Mircosoft Office Access can't create anymore controls on this form or report". It's on quite a large and complicated form. Is there anything I can do about it? How many controls are on it? There's a hard-and-fast limit of 754 controls or sections that can be added to a form (or a report) over its lifetime. (In other words, even if you delete, say, 100 controls, you cannot add more new ones). One option is to copy the controls onto a new form. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteel...

SBS/Exchange 2003 Creating new user in AD --won't create exchange mailbox
I'm using SBS 2003. Exchange server is SP2. When I create a new user using Active Directory, it prompts me about creating a mail box. It says it's creating a mailbox, then it's done. But no mailbox appears. In fact, if I use the Exchange tasks wizard, I can create, delete, and recreate the mailbox--all say successful without an error message. And yet, no mailbox. This is even after I reboot the PC and sent email to the address. Any ideas what's going on? On 11 Jan 2007 21:01:53 -0800, "bdtmike" <mike.aes@gmail.com> wrote: >I'm using SBS 2003. E...

Creating mailboxes #2
After installing Exchange 2003, the users in Active Directory Users and Computers did not have email addresses. Selecting users and choosing Exchange Tasks allows me to create the mailboxes, but only for certain users. For some users it allows me to create the mailbox without an error message, but the mailbox is not actually created. Any suggestions? Thanks, Brent If you mean it does not show in System Manager, once the user has logon to his mailbox or an e-mail is sent to it it wiil appear in system manager. "Brent Zellner" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Spam with Exchange junk e-mail setting doesnt goto the "junk e-mail" folder in all cases/people.. 2007/2003 outlook
I have setup the spam filtering to send messages to the junk e-mail folder.. but it seems some users spam doesnt goto their junk e-mail folder, but their inboxes.. while others do indeed goto the junk email folder.. This isnt limitted to one type of client.. it seems to be both 2003 and 2007 outlook.. (we are using this setup option with gfi mail essentials for exchange.. set it to send spam to the junk email folder) I also checked the junk email setting in outlook (this case 2007).. its set to "low" and enabled.. greyed out, as I have the GPO enforced, but they still goto the in...

how do i format a textbox on a userform created in excel
I created a userform to accept information from the user. My problem is ,eg i would like the TxtAmount.value to display the amount in Currency when i enter the number. The same for the percentage control. I am new to this. Bert, Text boxes accept text only, so you need to convert the value to the formatted text that you want. Something like: UserForm1.TextBox1.Text = Format(Range("A1").Value, "$#,##0.00") Same idea for percentages" UserForm1.TextBox1.Text = Format(Range("A1").Value, "0.00%") HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Bert" <...