Error 217 - 146084

I get a popup messagebox when closing my app in the IDE.
Error 217 at xxxxxx (memory address).
I have no user defined error codes.
I cannot find it in help.
google is no help either.
Any ideas?

0
BeeJ

On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 15:57:56 -0700, BeeJ <nospam@spamfree.com> wrote:

>I get a popup messagebox when closing my app in the IDE.
>Error 217 at xxxxxx (memory address).
>I have no user defined error codes.
>I cannot find it in help.
>google is no help either.
>Any ideas?

Try cleaning the Registery, and perhaps the project.

-ralph
0
ralph
9/9/2010 12:07:40 AM
tttttttt

Uzytkownik "ralph" <nt_consulting64@yahoo.net> napisal w wiadomosci grup
> On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 15:57:56 -0700, BeeJ <nospam@spamfree.com> wrote:
>
>>I get a popup messagebox when closing my app in the IDE.
>>Error 217 at xxxxxx (memory address).
>>I have no user defined error codes.
>>I cannot find it in help.
>>google is no help either.
>>Any ideas?
>>

> Try cleaning the Registery, and perhaps the project.
>
> -ralph

0
tristan
9/9/2010 6:21:07 AM
eeeeeeeee

Uzytkownik "ralph" <nt_consulting64@yahoo.net> napisal w wiadomosci grup
> On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 15:57:56 -0700, BeeJ <nospam@spamfree.com> wrote:
>
>>I get a popup messagebox when closing my app in the IDE.
>>Error 217 at xxxxxx (memory address).
>>I have no user defined error codes.
>>I cannot find it in help.
>>google is no help either.
>>Any ideas?
>>

> Try cleaning the Registery, and perhaps the project.
>
> -ralph

0
tristan
9/9/2010 6:31:38 AM
On 08/09/2010 23:57, BeeJ wrote:
> I get a popup messagebox when closing my app in the IDE.
> Error 217 at xxxxxx (memory address).
> I have no user defined error codes.
> I cannot find it in help.
> google is no help either.
> Any ideas?

Are you using anything "unusual" like subclassing, external
controls/libraries?
Can you provide code that duplicates it or narrow it down to what
initiates it?

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley@icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems

Please reply to the group.)
0
Dee
9/9/2010 8:49:58 AM
this happens exactly at the class_terminate sub exiting of an ActiveX
EXE.  This is past all code in the class_terminate.
It only happens when the ActiveX EXE is compiled.
I do not get the error when I step through the main app into the .vbp
of the ActiveX EXE in its IDE.  The ActiveX EXE does call an
unregisterable propietary .dll that I cannot look at.  But no errors
when I call the .dll DeviceOpen and DeviceClose subs.
I cannot find a way to use error trapping either.
My main app is closing and setting the ActiveX EXE = Nothing.
The ActiveX EXE functions correctly except for this error I think.
It compiles and it steps through all code that the compiled version
runs through.

0
BeeJ
9/9/2010 7:33:52 PM
this happens exactly at the class_terminate sub exiting of an ActiveX
EXE.  This is past all code in the class_terminate.
It only happens when the ActiveX EXE is compiled.
I do not get the error when I step through the main app into the .vbp
of the ActiveX EXE in its IDE.  The ActiveX EXE does call an
unregisterable propietary .dll that I cannot look at.  But no errors
when I call the .dll DeviceOpen and DeviceClose subs.
I cannot find a way to use error trapping either.
My main app is closing and setting the ActiveX EXE = Nothing.
The ActiveX EXE functions correctly except for this error I think.
It compiles and it steps through all code that the compiled version
runs through.

0
BeeJ
9/9/2010 7:34:06 PM
Sorry.  I keep getting double posts.
I get an error sending.
I try a new repost and then the one that errored out goes too.
Do not understand this.

0
BeeJ
9/9/2010 7:36:15 PM
I wrote a small sample app that uses the .dll but no ActiveX.
I get no errors going through the same calls to the .dll so it is
probably ot the .dll.

However, now I am worried that I have not understood something else.
When I compile it all runs with lots of messages that I embedded to
follow the action.
But when I run in the IDE it errors out when a .dll call is first
encountered.
The .dll is in the app path.
Should this not be OK for both compiled and IDE runs?
Maybe this is where I am messing up!!!

0
BeeJ
9/9/2010 7:40:21 PM
BeeJ fragte :
> I wrote a small sample app that uses the .dll but no ActiveX.
> I get no errors going through the same calls to the .dll so it is probably ot
> the .dll.
>
> However, now I am worried that I have not understood something else.
> When I compile it all runs with lots of messages that I embedded to follow
> the action.
> But when I run in the IDE it errors out when a .dll call is first
> encountered.
> The .dll is in the app path.
> Should this not be OK for both compiled and IDE runs?
> Maybe this is where I am messing up!!!

The App.Path location for the app running in the IDE is the location
of vb6.exe.
Copy your DLL to this directory, so you have it in both places.

Helmut.

0
Helmut

Error code
Hi group, While opening a Word document, it get an error code 10660. What does it means? Is there anyway to correct it? Thanks, Rodolfo Fontes ...

MS Exch Information Store Error
MS Exch Information Store service returned service specific error 3355443757. http://groups.google.com/groups?q=3355443757&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&as_qdr=w&selm=3o7d109sce4bims9343guopg3ntr7kch1e%404ax.com&rnum=1 Peter wrote: > MS Exch Information Store service returned service > specific error 3355443757. See if these help you. 328640 XADM: Error Message "-939523539", Information Store Service Does Not http://support.microsoft.com/?id=328640 325320 XADM: Exchange Returns Server Specific Error 3355443757 After Restoration http://support.microsoft.com...

Getting One of the System Attendant's task blocked errors
I have been getting Event ID: 1031 errors indicating that the System Attendant's task is blocked. It will eventually stop all email traffic flow. Article ID: 818204 is the exact problem with the exception that I am running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003, so Microsoft says I do not qualify for the hotfix they have if I had been running Windows 2000 Server instead. No other advice or fix was offered. This is stopping my emails. Can anyone hep me!!?? -- bobr This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C746E4.F393DC70 Content-Type: text/plain; chars...

error 550
I keep getting error 550 when sending an email. I have made the recepient on the safe list but am still unsucessful. How do I fix this whitey wrote: > I keep getting error 550 when sending an email. I have made the recepient on > the safe list but am still unsucessful. How do I fix this What does the REST of the NDR (non-delivery report) e-mail say? Have you yet tried configuring the e-mail account that you defined within Outlook to authenticate to the SMTP mail host? ...

Error handling in VBA
Hi guys, I'm not so used to the On Error statement, ssince I come from a Fortran background where all error handling must be performed using If Then Else constructs. Example: in this interpolation subroutine 'Returns an interpolated value of x 'doing a lookup of xarr->yarr Public Function Interp1(xArr() As Double, yArr() As Double, X As Double) As Double Dim I As Long If ((X < xArr(LBound(xArr))) Or (X > xArr(UBound(xArr)))) Then MsgBox "Interp1: x is out of bound" Stop Exit Function End If If xArr(LBound(xArr)) = X Then Interp1 ...

Error Message #2
Every time I open up any excel file I get an error message in a pop up box from micorsoft visual basic that tells me "compile error in hidden module:AutoExecNew" and a help box and an OK box. The OK box allows the spreadsheet to open. The help box that a prtected module can't be displayed because the project is protected. How do I find out which 'project' has the 'module' and which module it is that has the error? When I close the spreadsheet a new box opens that says 'compile error in hidden module: DistMon '. I have searched for DistMon an...

Error when opening editable custom entity
Hello, we are receiving following error when trying to access editable custom entity thru CRM Mobile Express. An Error has Occured -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Go Back Try Again Message: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. Stack trace: at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfter...

Circular reference error
Hi Guys, Using Excel 2000. I have a workbook that is already saved. When I open the workbook I get this error. MS Excel cannot calculate a formula. There is a circular reference in an open workbook, but the references that cause it cannot be listed for you. Try editing the last formula you entered or removing it with the Undo command. Problem is, I don't know what I did last. There are about 8 sheets. How do I figure out which formula is a circular reference? I don't even know what that is, I am pretty much a beginner in excel. My formulas are not really formulas, they are j...

Error 1309. Error reading from file: Settings\Administration\My Documents\SKU011.CAB
To whom it migh concern. I have a user that is having problems with his Office 2003. When he is starting Outlook, the following message appears: Error 1309. Error reading from file: Settings\Administration\My Documents\SKU011.CAB I know that all the Office 2003 installations files is on the computer. How can I solve this problem. Thank you in advance. Dag N It means the installation somehow got damaged. Start setup and see if running the "Repair" option works for you. If not, reinstall Office 2003 completely; no Outlook data will be lost in the process but i...

Index/Match ... Excel has encountered an Error
Excel2003 WorkBook with many INDEX/MATCH Formulas ... Issue ... When I attempt to write a new INDEX/MATCH Formula I am having a problem with Excel each time I attempt to enter the "M": =Index(myrange,m ... at this point I receive pop-up stating I have an "Identify" conflict & I need to select a Cell to use ... Seems no matter what I do at this point I receive the Error message "Excel has encountered a problem & needs close". Above said, my work around has been to copy/paste an INDEX/MATCH formula from a different cell & then to edit ...

Installation errors with Business Portal 2.5
When I install BP2.5, I get the error message 'mbfpackager data importation process has failed. Please see mbfpackager.import.nomerge.common.xml file for more information'. I'm about to pull my hair out. The only way I can get BP to install correctly is to install it on a port other than 80. Any time I try to install ON port 80 I get the error above. I have uninstalled Business Portal including removing SQL Objects in addition to going through with the manual cleanup steps in the KB that involve deleting temp files and registry keys to get rid of any files that may be hanging aro...

Error 'Invalid object ##Options' while running Multilevel query in
I created a company in GP9.0 with Analytical Accounting + Service Pack 1, created a transaction dimension and some codes, posted transactions in POP, GL and Inventory. When I ran the Multi level query wizard, i got the error '[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid object name "##Options" when I gave all the values and the system started to run the report. What could be the problem? Thanks - Murali The options you are selected in MQW are stored in temp table and using that "##Options" table is created in run time.It might be because the temp ta...

Delivery errors language
Is it possible to display delivery errors in a language other than English in Exchange 2003? Here is an example of an Exchange delivery error: ***************** Your message To: XXXXX Subject: Fw: Sent: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 11:17:30 -0300 did not reach the following recipient(s): XXXX on Thu, 9 Mar 2006 11:25:21 -0300 The content length of the message is too long for the recipient to take delivery MSEXCH:MSExchangeMTA:MAILSERVER ***************** Thanks! ...

IMAP folders error
Hi, This is the same problem from a old posting under heading IMap NOT SHOWING FOLDERS EXCEPT INBOX. I have been trying for days to follow the advice but didn't get anywhere and Don't expect anyone would visit the old posting. Pardon me for starting a new thread. From last posting, I tried to do the 'query'. I never got to the query bit. Everytime when I select Imap Folder from the properties, I keep getting the same error 'The connection to the server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this aciton'. If this is not connected why I w...

Error Messages #3
Hello all, I am currently using Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 2002 for emails. I recently received the following error message when I try to refresh my inbox: "Sending and Receiving' reported error(0x800CCC90) : 'Your incoming (POP3) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: -ERR The requested message could not be converted to an RFC-822 compatible format. Please contact your administrator'" any ideas? ...

error 1304 when installing Money 2004
Hey anyone out there have any thoughts. I keep getting this error when I try to install Money 2004. "error 1304. Error writing to file ...microsoft money\System\mnyology.dll. Verify that you have access to that directory." I had Money 2003 on there before. I get the same message when i try to reload that one. thanks greens Try copying the data from the CD onto the hard disk and installing from there. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your ...

Delayed email error
I have recently ran into a major issue with Exchange 2003, SBS edition. The mailstore can not receive any external mail from any server. The users can send email both internally and externally, but do not receive any from outside. I have gotten the error - Deferred: Connection reset by mail.jbconcrete.xxxx I really need to get this fixed, as most of the business today is conducted via email and this has put a damper on my customer's daily routine. Any suggestions would be great! Here is the entire scenario: About 2 to 3 weeks ago there was a major problem that occured between two ser...

error after installing sp3
after installing sp3 for office 2000, i get error message when trying to open publication:"the instruction at 0x77fcc453 referenced memory at 0x00000000: the memory couldn't be written." This error is usually due to a faulty printer or video driver. Try opening Publisher in Safe Mode, if it works go to the manufacturer's web site and look for an updated drivers. Most of the time it will be the printer. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "steve" <steve@midlands.net> wrote in message news:027a01c37bb3$a7a72f60$...

macro error message
I'm writing some code(in excel, visual basic). The following code is attached to the click action of a button. Private Sub cmdNewPayApp_Click() Sheets("Pay App").Visible = True Sheets("Pay App").Select Sheets("Pay App").Copy After:=Sheets(2) Sheets("Pay App (2)").Select Sheets("Pay App (2)").Name = "Pay App 1" Sheets("Pay App").Select ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Visible = False Sheets("Pay App 1").Select Range("O11").Select ActiveCell.Formula = "=A...

Various Runtime errors during debit/credit tranactions
I work for Techneto and we consult for the Girl Scouts of Westchester/Putnam. The issue we're having is that every so often when a clerk attempts to process a debit/credit transaction the terminal will freeze up and give a runtime error. When RMS is restarted the records will not reflect the transaction even though the customer is still credited for that amount. I have two error numbers here with me, which are '2147217865' and '214767259(80004005).' I watched as it happened today and it was accompanied with a message. We took a screen shot and I'll be happy ...

Error Sorting Strings
I'm trying to sort the below table by numbers first, then string-only records. The numeric records will come first, a double digit "10" sorts before a single digit "4", etc. I've tried several suggested methods but I'm getting a string conversion error. Can someone take a look at this DDL and explain how can I test each string to see if it begins with a number and then sort as I described? The error is "Error converting data type varchar to numeric." DDL ================ IF object_id('tempdb..#tmpMyTable') IS NOT NULL B...

MSexchangeES
I receive the error below on my exchange server. there isnt' a documentation of it. HELP ME! thanks Tipo evento: Errore Origine evento: MSExchangeES Categoria evento: Generale ID evento: 5 Data: 26/05/2004 Ora: 9.31.21 Utente: N/D Computer: CED2 Descrizione: Errore MAPI imprevisto. Errore restituito: [0x80004005]. Per ulteriori informazioni, consultare la Guida in linea e supporto tecnico all'indirizzo http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=192174 might be helpful. "caterina bretti" <bretti@gruppolabel.it> wrote in mes...

Error using vba
I am new at VBA and trying to use VBA in powerPoint 2007 in a vista os to create a quiz. I am reading a set of question into an array of questions from a file and want to add one question at a time to a text box. I am using the following code: ActivePresentation.Slides(5).Shapes("TextBox 19").TextFrame.TextRange.Text = question(number) but I have been getting the following error: Run-time error '-2147188160 (80048240)': Item TextBox 19 not found in the Shapes collection. But when I check the object code using either the selection and visibility option in...

BCP Error when doing UTILITIES > Perform Special Upgrade
Hello, We are trying to perform special upgrade (via Great Plains Utilities) on the live server. Upon the selection of the option, we come across a BCP process error (I'll try to get up the exact error). I have gone through copying the ..exe and .rll files as what has been suggested over in KB. I also check the DSN and the type of authentication used (SQL) But still to no avail. Then I got to read an article saying the if the SQL Servername does not match the computer name (KB866137), the bcp process will fail. I checked the computer name of the server and it's set to MGP1. F...

Printing HTML Error in Outlook 2003
I'm running Outlook 2003. When I try to print messages in HTML format, I get an error message that says 'An error has occurred in the script on this page.' A URL is given as res://C:\WINDOWS\System32 \shdoclc.dll/preview.dlg. Then it says 'Do you want to continue running scripts on this page'. Checking yes or no doesn't matter... nothing happens. Help! ...