Displaying property menu at runtime

Hello,

Is there a way to display at runtime the property menu of a control so
that the user may interact with the control?

In my case, I'm speaking about the MsChart control which has a
property menu at the design phase (when picking "properties" after
right clicking on the control)

Thanks
Avi
0
avi

"avi" <aviben@bezeqint.net.il> wrote in message

> Is there a way to display at runtime the property menu of a control so
> that the user may interact with the control?
>
> In my case, I'm speaking about the MsChart control which has a
> property menu at the design phase (when picking "properties" after
> right clicking on the control)

Sounds like you're talking about the control's "property pages." (There's a
difference between a dialog box and a menu.) I'm not sure if there's an EASY
way to do this, but I'm sure it's POSSIBLE.

0
Jeff
7/19/2010 5:25:46 PM
I think either Randy Birch or Brad Martinez has an example on their
respective web sites.  I forget which one.  Google those names, the OP, and
take a look.

:
: > Is there a way to display at runtime the property menu of a control so
: > that the user may interact with the control?
: >
: > In my case, I'm speaking about the MsChart control which has a
: > property menu at the design phase (when picking "properties" after
: > right clicking on the control)
:
: Sounds like you're talking about the control's "property pages." (There's
: difference between a dialog box and a menu.) I'm not sure if there's an
EASY
: way to do this, but I'm sure it's POSSIBLE.
:
:

0
Kevin
7/19/2010 5:48:37 PM
Jeff Johnson formulated on Monday :
> "avi" <aviben@bezeqint.net.il> wrote in message
>
>> Is there a way to display at runtime the property menu of a control so
>> that the user may interact with the control?
>>
>> In my case, I'm speaking about the MsChart control which has a
>> property menu at the design phase (when picking "properties" after
>> right clicking on the control)
>
> Sounds like you're talking about the control's "property pages." (There's a
> difference between a dialog box and a menu.) I'm not sure if there's an EASY
> way to do this, but I'm sure it's POSSIBLE.

I have trouble imagining for what possible purpose such a call might be
made?  To set design-time properties on a control that's already
instantiated???

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

0
Karl
7/19/2010 9:20:51 PM
Actually, I want to give the user at runtime a dialog for changing
most of the properties of the chart related to its apperance.

It happens that the dialog displayed at the design phase when clicking
"properties" is exactly what I want to present to the user and I was
thinking at a way to use it for that new purpose

If there is a way to disclose all the code behind the dialog, I can of
course easily build one of my one

I hope that my request is cleare now

Thanks
Avi
0
avi

�
� It happens that the dialog displayed at the design phase when clicking
� "properties" is exactly what I want to present to the user and I was
� thinking at a way to use it for that new purpose
�
� If there is a way to disclose all the code behind the dialog, I can of
� course easily build one of my one
�
� I hope that my request is cleare now
�
� Thanks
� Avi

I would create your own, or use a third-party component. Keep in mind that some control properties
are design-time only.

The following might help:

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/combobox/Property_list_control.aspx

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
0
Paul

Startup menu in Windows7
Hi, where di I find the Startup menu in Windows 7? -- Thank you for your help, Erik W7 x64 "Erik Fuyu" <eriknews@ix4.net> wrote in message news:ucw$ra0pKHA.1544@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi, > where di I find the Startup menu in Windows 7? > > -- > Thank you for your help, > Erik > > W7 x64 -- Open system config or config, look under the startup tab. Once open read the help files for System Configuration. H Brown Thank you. "H Brown" <H Brown@invalid.com> wrote in message news:eDzMkq0pKHA.3936...

Menu bar from System folders missing
hi, the top menubar / toolbar from all of my system folders have gone, how can I get them back? Jimbobwiki wrote: > hi, the top menu bar / toolbar from all of my system folders have gone, how > can I get them back? Try these: - Press F11 - Right-click the toolbar and select Menu Bar - Click View, Standard Buttons - Click Start, Run, type: regsvr32 /i shell32.dll (Press Enter key) - Malware could have hidden it.. here's a long post with more ideas. If you have to edit the registry to straighten this out, suspect malware: http://www.tomshardware.com/for...

Display Charts Created In Excel In A Windows Form
Hi, I have several Excel files and each file has several Charts. I have a requirement where i have to display the chart with data points in a windows form. In my WinForms code iam able to access the chart object through the following code Excel.ChartObjects chCharts = (ChartObjects)oWorkSheet.ChartObjects(Missing.Value); Excel.ChartObject chChart = chCharts.Item(1); The problem is how do i use this ChartObject to be displayed in WinForm, I tried using the AxChartSpace control, but iam not able to add this chChartObject to it. The idea is to re-use the charts that has already been cr...

compare 2 lists and common ones display on the 3rd column
Hi, Is there a way to compare data in 2 columns, and display the same ones that occur in both lists to a 3rd column? Thanks. Elaine. Use a macro:- Sub CompareAndPutinColumn3() j = 1 For i = 1 To Application.WorksheetFunction.CountA(Columns(1)) If Application.WorksheetFunction.CountIf(Columns(2), Cells(i, 1)) > 0 Then Cells(j, 3) = Cells(i, 1) j = j + 1 End If Next i End Sub somethinglikeant elaine wrote: > Hi, > > Is there a way to compare data in 2 columns, and display the same ones > that occur in both lists to a 3rd column? > > Thanks. >...

Business FAX display in Address Book
How do I prevent the business fax for a contact from displaying in my address book? I get two entries for each contact. Outlook 2003. JJ In news:1136473708.958787.23230@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, Julie_J <julie_j30@hotmail.com> typed: > How do I prevent the business fax for a contact from displaying in my > address book? I get two entries for each contact. Outlook 2003. > > JJ See http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/nofax.htm Julie_J, you wrote on 5 Jan 2006 07:08:29 -0800: > How do I prevent the business fax for a contact from displaying in my > address...

Datasheet View and Runtime
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0033_01CAB563.2A9A3760 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I would like to be able to switch between Form and Datasheet view in Runtime. I can add a command button to switch to Datasheet view but then I cannot get back (without closing the form) since there no Header/Footer display in Runtime and the right click does not work. Any suggestions? Thanks, J ------=_NextPart_000_0033_01CAB563.2A9A3760 Content-Type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Con...

whole Numbers entered; percentages displayed.
I want to create a chart from data similar to the following example: x1 x2 x3 total 1000 500 750 a 250 100 375 b 300 200 100 c 200 50 180 On the chart, I want the Y-axis to show the amount but the data label inside the chart to show the percentage each number is of the total (the top number) in its column. Possible? Difficult? Thanks to anyone who can/will help! Make some columns with calculated percents then use a chart label addin. Rob Bovey's Chart Labeller, http://appspro.com John Wa...

runtime error in release mode.
Hi group , i have developed an application. in debug mode it works fine but when trying to run in release mode it produces runtime error. Any clues on what led this . General suggestion is to run the application with application verifier on (with maximum options). This will give you some details and ideas. -- Volodymyr "abhishek" <guptaabhishek1983@gmail.com> wrote in message news:cb75c492-41c4-4e5f-8fd1-7bafd8790370@v67g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > Hi group , i have developed an application. in debug mode it works > fine but when trying to run in release mode it ...

e-mail won't display in outlook '03
just switching over to using outlook. i have followed the instructions for getting e-mail to display in outlook several times. it won't work for my personal domain/e-mail or my hotmail (not that that's a suprise!). Is there something else in outlook I need to click to have the added e-mails displayed as separate inboxes? what type of mail accounts? Did you configure Hotmail as http or using the Outlook connector? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Ot...

RE: How do I get my new dialog box to invoke when I press New Menu Item
Hi All, 1. Machine and OS specifications I have Windows XP running Office XP Standard Edition. These software packages are installed on my dell Inspiron laptop. I have 128 MB RAM with a 40 GB HardDrive. 2. Problem In excel, when I pressed the New menu item, a dialog box would appear displaying all of the known templates. Now, only a new worksheet appears. I would like for the dialog to appear again. Can someone tell me how to get the dialog box back displaying all of my templates? d, The default New button has always generated a new workbook, no dialog box. There's ano...

display on form
i have table 1is perdiem primary key is empnbr table 2 is Employee with empnumber. I want to display the name of the employee on the form when their empnbr is input. When i created the form i used efirst and elast from the employee table and it displays correctly. Problem is it will not add records in the form view. I have looked at allowaddtions allowdeletes etc and all say yes. What am i missing? Perhaps something in this link will help. http://allenbrowne.com/ser-61.html jmm1954 wrote: >i have table 1is perdiem primary key is empnbr table 2 is Employee with >empnumbe...

Today's Total Change not displaying
I'm using Money 2005...when I update the prices for my mutual funds, it doesn't show total's today change...I googled it on the Internet and found out Money 2001 had this problem...there was a patch to fix it but no fix for Money 2005. How do you solve it? In microsoft.public.money, Frankie Yung wrote: >I'm using Money 2005...when I update the prices for my mutual funds, it >doesn't show total's today change...I googled it on the Internet and found >out Money 2001 had this problem...there was a patch to fix it but no fix for >Money 2005. How do you sol...

load and display bitmap image
Hi, I have a Picture control on a dialog (VC++ 6 + NT 4.0), and i want to load an image with a file dialog and display it in the Picture control. How do i do this? I cannot seem to find any decent tutorials! Thanks in advance lee > I have a Picture control on a dialog (VC++ 6 + NT 4.0), and i want to > load an image with a file dialog and display it in the Picture control. > How do i do this? I cannot seem to find any decent tutorials! > A picture control is a CStatic. You can load the picutre(LoadImage) and then call CStatic::SetBitmap to show it. There are several examp...

Menu subform
I am contemplating of creating a menu-type form with several command buttons to perfrom navagational and housekeeping functions. I was thinking of incorporating this menu as a subform on other forms but not sure how to code the command buttons so the same action is performed no matter what form calls it.maybe it isn't such a good idea after all.Brian This example might help you get there: http://www.lebans.com/recnavbuttons.htmIMHO, the the toolbar buttons (for undo, delete, filter, find, etc) and built-in navigation buttons are the simplest and most reliable approach. A custom toolbar ...

print property
Is there anyway to put code behind the print button. I want the program to auto select ranges and print off that area when the print button is pressed without having to go in a set the , print area, page setup, fit to one page for four different parts of a worksheet. Is this possible? Thanks, Right-click the excel LOGO near the File menu, select View Code, on the left dropdown select Workbook, in the right dropdown, select Before Print, and enter whatever code you want there. The stub is: Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) End Sub Bob Umlas Excel MVP "cww...

error bars display
I am plotting graphs with custom error bars in Excel 2003. If I change the size of the error bars (by changing the cells that the custom error bars refer to), the error bar patterns sometimes, but not always, change by themselves. For example, I normally set the error bars to medium line thickness and with a cap on the ends, but when I change the source data for the error bars, some of them change to a different line thickness and/or no cap on the ends. They are not even consistent within the same series. About 2-5 out of 12 error bars in each graph (not always the same 2-5) get changed...

Print>Properties>Layout>Pages per sheet: this function/property .
In Excel, when I select multiple pages per sheet and the multiple pages are different sheets, then sometimes my hardcopies do have multiple shrunken sheets printed to one page. Othertimes excel and my printer seem to ignore my "multiple pages to one page" request. Why? I've been having the same problem. If you activate multiple sheets, then tell it to print multiple pages per sheet, Excel only prints the first page in the multiple sheet format (i.e., one small page in the upper left of the page.) The rest of the pages come out full size on separate sheets. Does any...

Gridlines in Graphs
Graphics presentation guru Ed Tuftee has some recommendations for standard column graphs. One is to eliminate the gridlines and have the colums show little breaks where the gridlines would be. In Excel, this would be equivalent to setting the gridlines color to white against a white background, but having them "in front" of the bars so that it would appear there were no gridlines, just little white lines across the bars. Question: is there a way to do this in Excel? Some graphic elements have a "send to back" or "bring to front" method, but I do not see one fo...

How to display each column in one row to each shape?
I have an Excel file like this: Unique_ID 1 Name: Tom Class: A And then I have 3 shapes in a viviso drawing I want to display "1" in one of these shapes, "Tom" in the second one, "A" in the last one using Macro. Please help me the code to do that as soon as possible. Thanks so much what version of visio are you using? In v2007 professional you can link data to shapes, in earlier versions you have to write interop code to do it. There are some good examples in david edson's book (check John Marshall's site visio.mvps.org for other references as w...

2.0 Upgrade
Just upgraded my 1.2 version to 2.0. No problems encountered during the upgrade. However, when trying to display my purchase orders none of them is displayed. I selected "Show All" and selected my date range. Nothing is displayed. Going back to my 1.2 system shows the purchase orders for the time period selected. Anybody else ran into this problem? did you upgrade the database in the administrator application to 2.0 as well? "Gerd" <gerd@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:u3XJTa5VHHA.5008@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Just upgraded my 1.2 version to 2.0. ...

Sub Procedure for File Save As PDF or XPS menu option
Hi, I need to give a message to the user once he/she clicks on the File Save As PDF or XPS menu option in Word 2007. I have tried with Sub FileSavePdfOrXps() but it is not working. Can any one let me know which is the exact sub procedure which is invoked? Thanks in advance. You haven't placed any of the code you tried in the Sub, so it would be hard to troubleshoot. Have you used the Office 2007 Developer Reference on MSDN? It's really great. Perhaps you can customize what happens when someone uses that command--there may be other ways to accomplish your object...

unable to open properties window
The problem I've encountered is that the properties window does not open. For example, if I open a dialog, right click on an edit control and select "Properties", normally the properties window would open. Now, it no longer does. I use to be able to view the properties window - now I cannot. I tried to reset the windows layout by clicking on [Tools][Options][General][Reset Window Layout]. This does not work. I've deleted solution several files with the extension 'ncb', 'aps' and 'suo'. I've deleted the file 'devenv.xlm'. None of...

Display names puzzle, can you help?
Here's my situation: We've acuquired a company, and now we're adding those users onto our mail system. I can deal with all the issues related to DNS, etc, but one real thorn in our side is the display names. This company used only "firstname@companyname.com" for an e-mail address, AND the real clincher is that they only use "firstname" as a display name. Our corporate standard as the aquiring company is to use firstname.lastname@company2name.com. However, this little company we bought has gone ahead and put employee pictures on the web (with only fi...

line graph display 0 for blank cells
in a simple line graph, the line is displayed as zero on the chart when the source data cells are blank. How can I make the chart not display the blank cells as 0? Mark - If the cells are truly blank, select Options from the Tools menu, then on the Chart tab, choose something other than Zero for Plot Empty Cells As. Typically, the "empty" cells are not empty, but are the result of a formula that returns "". The cells aren't empty, they contain the string "". In the offending formula, change "" to NA(), which returns the #N/A error, which a ...

Pivot Chart
Hello, I am trying to create a stacked area Pivot Chart from a Pivot Table. I have negative values but am having trouble getting them to be displayed properly in the pivot chart. Currently, the negative values are displayed at the top and are "eating into" the positive series. I need the negative values to be displayed below the x-axis. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Aleksandr, This may be silly to ask, but... Did you try and adjust the y-axis scale from 0 to some number to a negative value (greater than the lowest negative value) to some positive value. Ex...