Country names from dll

Hello!

In the "regional settings" dialog of Windows there is a combo which
shows languages and countries.
For example: "English (United States)".
You can retrieve these items by "VerLanguageName".

Below this combo (at least under XP) there is another combo box in a
frame which says "Location":
It shows country names only. Does anybody know how to retrieve them?
I did not find any function that would return them to me.

Thank you!
0
hermann

How can I use my domain name to publish a SharePoint website?
I have a 123-reg domain name and I cannot work out how to publish my Microsoft Office SharePoint website onto it. Any ideas? ...

make a distribution list from a named category(in contact list)
I've created a category name from certain contacts...can I use that category name to directly create a distribution list? What happens now is when I'm adding to the dist. list, the contact list shows up, but the category "field" doesn't show up in the list, so its hard to remember which contact is in which category. Thanks -David If you are using categories, why be redundant and use a DL? Drag the category to your inbox and your distribution is set. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited m...

Insert Comment Function
I am using Excel for our National Guard unit on a LAN system. The spreadsheet I created several of us use but not in a shared mode. Some users when they Insert a Comment in the cell it inputs their name, which we want, some users it simply inserts "USAF User" I assume it looks at who is signed into the LAN but each of us has to do that just to get to the spreadsheet so why does it insert some users names and some it doesn't ? Thanks Excel 2003 uses whatever is in Tools, Options, General, User name. Some companies preset it to the company name. Some users put their pref...

athlib32.dll not loading in Vista
I'm trying to install Decision Tools on my Vista Laptop (add in for excell) to run regression analysis. However, even after uninstalling and re-installing 3 times, I am still facing the same error message: Could not load athlib32.dll I loaded the software on my Windows XP Desktop and it works fine there. Does anyone know if this is a known error with Vista. Are there any workarounds? I've already tried the following approach but it does not work: http://help.wugnet.com/office/RISK-add-ftopict979716.html Any help will be appreciated! ...

How to merge records into one record by customer's name?
How can I merge repeating records of a customer who has different oders of products? Ist col, Company name, 2nd col cust name, 3rd-10th col Product items Thks, I had tried the help on consolidate, could not fiigure it out. Thks! One way to try .. Assume you have in Sheet1, in A1:E5, the table: Comp Cust Prd#1 Prd#2 Prd#3 ABC XXX 40 50 90 DEF YYY 30 50 20 ABC XXX 50 70 70 DEF YYY 50 30 20 In Sheet2, you have the "master" table below in A1:E2 Comp Cust Prd#1 Prd#2 Prd#3 ABC XXX DEF YYY Put in C2: =SUMPRODUCT((Sheet1!$A$2:$A$5=$A2)*(Sheet1!$B$2:$B$5=$B2),Sheet1!C$2:C$5) Copy C...

Save a new file with the name that is in cell "C7"
Here is what I want to do: Open up a template. Enter information. Click on save, and when the window shows up asking me to name the file, I want it to automatically use a file name with the value in cell C7. As an example, if cell C7 has "Milton 287-12", I want to automatically name the file"Milton 287-12" when I save for the first time. Is this possible? Thanks, Joe Hi, Lunker, Try pasting the following code into a macro sheet and running it with Alt-F8 Change the path to whatever you require between the quote in line 3 and "A1" to whatever cell you want...

cannot obtain provider factory for data provider named 'microsoft.sqlserverce.client3.5'
Hello everybody, I work with VS 2008 on the Windows 7. MS SQL Server 2008 Express is installed on the machine as well as SQL Server CE 3.5 SP1. In the machine.config there is an entry: <add name="Microsoft SQL Server Compact Data Provider" invariant="System.Data.SqlServerCe.3.5" description=".NET Framework Data Provider for Microsoft SQL Server Compact" type="System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeProviderFactory, System.Data.SqlServerCe, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91"/></DbProviderFactories> The appl...

Change column name??????
:rolleyes: *Can somebody help my out?????? I would like to know how to change the column name (A, B, C etc) into a different name...* --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Good question BH 79 , I also would really like to know this and can't find anything about it :confused:. But I have seen docs in which the columns have names instead of the usual a,b,c-labels... Hope someone knows the answer... --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ "BH79 >" <<BH79.zrnhc@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:BH79.zrnhc@excelforum-nospam.com......

Named Instance of SQL
Hi there, We have inherited a client who installed MSCRM but on a named SQL Instance. I know this is not supported, and so far have found that you are unable to go offline from SFO. Does anyone know if there are any other implications. Thanks in advance Sam what happens when you go offline? "Samantha" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:966901c43385$cfe3db60$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi there, > > We have inherited a client who installed MSCRM but on a > named SQL Instance. I know this is not supported, and so > far have found that y...

OLMAP32.DLL Error after upgrade from Office 2003 to Office 2007 on XP/SP3 machine
Two days ago I upgraded from Office 2003 to Office 2007 Enterprise on a laptop running XP/SP3. Everything I've tried in the office suite seems to work well except Outlook. Even after applying Office SP1, whenever I try to start Outlook I get a tiny error box that simply says error, OLMAPI32.DLL. I have spent more time than I would like to admit Googling the problem but have found no solution that works for me although I've tried various solutions that appear in multiple discussions of the problem=97up to and including experimenting with removing all registry references to OLMAPI32.D...

reset contact names display in outlook reading pane
Over time, due to inefficiencies on my part as well some company changes have made the name display in the reading pane and other places quite messy. For example, my company renamed a division so people who were once Smith, John (north division) are now Smith, John (professional division) and those I accidentally accepted from incoming emails as Mary Jones for the display, I would prefer to display as Jones, Mary. I may have compounded the problem because I do use the contacts as my default due to the fact I have many external customers and our company is extremely la...

CString function in a DLL
i have a function inside class MyClass here: MyClass::SayHello(CString strName) { return "Hello " + strName; } that CString function return string Hello + strName (whatever the string parameter the calling application will put) now, i want to access that function from other application, say Visual Basic- i found out that class wrapper is the answer i know wrapping function without parameter, say function: > > //function > MyClass::Calculate() > { > return 1+1; > } > > //wrapper, so that app like VB can access function > int __stdcall CalculateFrom...

Column A is Town, Column B is names. How can Excel add & tell how.
Column A is Town, Column B is names, Column C is how many in each household. How can Excel add & tell me how many Smiths in each town and, if possible, how many Smith families with 2 people in each town. Then I want to chart the info. How many of each family name by town. Read Help for Pivot Table -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Cindy" <Cindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35575F1E-F67D-47C9-AD18-D1658405A5E9@microsoft.com... > Column A is Town, Column B is names, Column C is how many in each > hous...

His Name is "LORD Almighty" not god! Look for urself
Open our eyes and ears Jesus Christ is Lord ...

return all entries where name contains "LEN"
I have a table: (Dummy Scenario) -ID -Name -Join_Date -Remark ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I'd like to: Retrieve all entries where the name contains "LEN" , so names such as "ALLEN", "LENNY", "LENUS" etc.. should be returned. (In SQL, we write --> where the name LIKE "*LEN*", ) ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- My question: 1) how can i do it in a form ? 2) Is that possible to return all results into a "DataG...

Customer EFT Bank Country/Region
In Dynamics 10, I'm looking at the Customer EFT Bank Maintenance screen. Here's how you get to it: Click Cards, Sales, Customer. This brings up the Customer Maintenance screen. Choose a customer, then press the Accounts button. This brings up the Customer Address Maintenance screen. Click the EFT Bank button. This brings up the Customer EFT Bank Maintenance screen. On that screen, there is a field called Bank Country/Region. Click the down arrow to see a list of countries/regions. My question is: Where does that list come from? Is it stored in a table? ...

CRM Cluster Nodes cannot reference virtual name
We have an installation with CRM two clustered nodes using Windows 2003 NLB Nodes: CRM01, CRM02 Virtual Name: CRM Apart from standard CRM implementation, we use CRM assemblies, both for workflows but also for pre/post-callouts Users PC's can access the system using http://crm:5000 (the virtual name) and NLB correctly balances the load between the two nodes The problems start when trying to access CRM from the web server nodes. Using http://crm01:5000 works without requiring username/password (integrated authentication) Using http://crm02:5000 works as above Using http://crm:5000 works giv...

Using a named range in a chart
Can a named range be used in a chart for one of the series? I have tried this, and it doesn't seem to work. For instance, i have a name _Date_rng defined (using Insert...Name...Define) as "data!$A$2:$A$60". In a chart (XY scatterplot), for one series, i define the X values as _Date_rng. Excel formats this as ={"_Date_rng"}. However, the chart is now blank, it draws with the axes, but no data is plotted. But, when i put the range directly in the chart "Source Data...Series" tab as "data!$A$2:$A$60", it plots the data correctly. So, is it po...

DLL that can create windows
I was using the Irrlicht 3D graphics engine on Windows and noticed that you only need a console application to control everything. E.g. to create a window, all you need to do is include and link to the irrlicht library and call one function from a console app - how is this possible? How do you create a DLL that can open a window which is controllable from a simple console app? e.g. #include <irrlicht.h> using namespace irr; using namespace core; using namespace scene; #pragma comment(lib, "Irrlicht.lib") int main() { IrrlichtDevice *device = createDevice(EDT_SOFTWARE, dimen...

Naming a Chart
Excel 2000 Power Programming with VBA states that naming an object requires selecting the object (such as a chart), typing the new name in the Name Box, and pressing Enter. This does work for a shape but not a chart. When I select a chart and attempt to enter anything in the Name Box, any entry is not enabled and therefore nothing happens. How can I assign a name to a chart??? Hold the Shift key (or the Ctrl key), and click on the chart to select it. Then, type a name in the Name Box, and press the Enter key. William Bartusek wrote: > Excel 2000 Power Programming with VBA states tha...

communication between C# dll and C++ dll ???
How do I Communicate between C# module and C++ module I hav a c# dll and want to pass strings , call methods of this dll in to a C++ dll (MFC ) (2 way communication between C# dll and C++ dll ) How do I do this ? <njoycoding@gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:00b9e7ea-db4f-41bf-98ae-ea0d142a5099@v26g2000prm.googlegroups.com... > How do I Communicate between C# module and C++ module > > I hav a c# dll and want to pass strings , call methods of this dll in > to a C++ dll (MFC ) > (2 way communication between C# dll and C++ dll ) > > How do I do this ? S...

Renaming Defined Name
How do you Rename Defined Name -- rick ----------------------------------------------------------------------- rickv's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2594 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39320 Click "Insert" in the toolbar, and select "Name". Select "Define" and it will bring up a list of all the defined names in the workbook. You can remove a name or change the cell to which the name is attached. Hope this helps. -- hierarchii ------------------------------------------------...

Name references and VBA
Hi all, Second time I posted this, but could not find my first post anywhere! Sorry if the other post made it to somewhere I can't find. Is there any way to make VBA automatically recognize the name of a cell and use it as a variable? So, for example, I name my cell "clientFirstName". I would like to use this as a variable in VBA w/o needing to have "Dim clientFirstName as String". Even if it just defines all the cell names as Variants would be fine. Or is dimensioning a variable the same name as the name reference the best way to do it? I have a lot of static v...

Error in Loading DLL
I hope this is the correct newsgroup to post my problem. I have a front-end Access 97 database that I am trying to convert to a .mde file. When I try to save it as a .mde file, I get the following error: "Error in Loading DLL". It does not list a specific DLL file, so I have no idea what is wrong and how to fix it. I have analyzed the database and I do not have any VB code or modules in the database (everything is done through macros). I've even uninstalled Access and reinstalled it, thinking that something might be wrong with Access itself. Nothing has worked. I&...

Last Name, First Name extract
Column A has names in it. The format is Last Name, Space First Name. How do I extract the names so they appear in the same column or another column in this format. First Name space Last Name. Thank You in advance. Tony If exactly as described =MID(A1,FIND(", ",A1)+2,99)&" "&LEFT(A1,FIND(", ",A1)-1) -- HTH Bob Phillips "Tony" <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DEB9787B-25FC-4DD4-97B3-F77746E34E3E@microsoft.com... > Column A has names in it. The format is Last Name, Space First Name. How do I > extract the...