Cant solve this.

Hi,

Please helpme

I want to split this line:

string line = "Davis  ,   Jones, Beckett   ,  Jordan  , Kennt  "

into an array of their trimmed versions:

"Davis"
"Jones"
"Beckett"
"Jordan"
"Kennt"

I've tried several soluctions but none resolves it.

Dim linea As String = "Davis  ,   Jones, Beckett   ,  Jordan  , Kennt  "
Dim delimiter As String = ","
Dim nombress As String() = linea.Split(delimiter.ToCharArray())

Array.ForEach(nombress, Function(p) p.Trim())  ' does not work
Array.ForEach(nombress, Function(p) WriteLine("action: -" & p & " - "))

Array.ConvertAll(nombress, New Converter(Of String, String)(Function(c)
c.Trim()))   ' does not work
Array.ForEach(nombress, Function(p) WriteLine("action: -" & p & " - "))

For Each n In nombress
    n = n.Trim        ' does not work
Next
Array.ForEach(nombress, Function(p) WriteLine("action: -" & p & " - "))

0
SIS01

SIS01 formulated the question :
> I've tried several soluctions but none resolves it.

If you wanna try a VB solution, this would be the place.  Given what
you're trying, I'd suggest you find another venue to post the question.

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

0
Karl
9/8/2010 1:28:03 AM
SIS01 explained on 9/7/2010 :
> Hi,
>
> Please helpme
>
> I want to split this line:
>
> string line = "Davis  ,   Jones, Beckett   ,  Jordan  , Kennt  "
>
> into an array of their trimmed versions:
>
> "Davis"
> "Jones"
> "Beckett"
> "Jordan"
> "Kennt"
>

> I've tried several soluctions but none resolves it.
>
> Dim linea As String = "Davis  ,   Jones, Beckett   ,  Jordan  , Kennt  "
> Dim delimiter As String = ","
> Dim nombress As String() = linea.Split(delimiter.ToCharArray())
>

> Array.ForEach(nombress, Function(p) p.Trim())  ' does not work
> Array.ForEach(nombress, Function(p) WriteLine("action: -" & p & " - "))
>

> Array.ConvertAll(nombress, New Converter(Of String, String)(Function(c)
> c.Trim()))   ' does not work
> Array.ForEach(nombress, Function(p) WriteLine("action: -" & p & " - "))
>

> For Each n In nombress
>     n = n.Trim        ' does not work
> Next
> Array.ForEach(nombress, Function(p) WriteLine("action: -" & p & " - "))

If you were using VB this would work
    Dim a() As String
    Dim i As Integer

    a = Split("Davis  ,   Jones, Beckett   ,  Jordan  , Kennt  ", ",")
    For i = 0 To UBound(a)
        a(i) = Trim(a(i))
    Next
    For i = 0 To UBound(a)
        Debug.Print ">"; a(i); "<"
    Next
But it appears that you are using some other language.  Sorry we'll not
be able to help you here.

Rdub

0
Ron
9/8/2010 1:43:10 AM
This group is for VB6 and earlier(VB Classic). VB.Net and all dotnet groups
have either "dotnet" or "vsnet" in the group name. Please use the following
group instead:

0
Nobody
:
: news://news.aioe.org/microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb
:

aioe, the usenet spammers haven...that's what the cowards use.  Considering
your support of it, this comes s no surprise.  Right....Bill?

0
Kevin
9/8/2010 2:59:27 AM
Well, in VB:

Dim myString as String
myString = "Davis  ,   Jones, Beckett   ,  Jordan  , Kennt  "
Dim myStringArray() As String
myString = Replace(myString, " ", "" )   'if you don't want the spaces
myStringArray = Split(myString, ",")

That's as close as we are going to get to answering your (somewhat nebulous)
question.

Dick

--
Richard Grier, Consultant, Hard & Software 12962 West Louisiana Avenue
Lakewood, CO 80228 303-986-2179 (voice) Homepage: www.hardandsoftware.net

0
DickGrier
9/8/2010 3:28:45 PM
Dick,

Nobody gave him a link to the vb.Net newsgroup.
The Op got his answers there, I've also placed a very compressed version
like yours in that newsgroup.

Cor

"DickGrier"  wrote in message news:O$vBFq2TLHA.620@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...

Well, in VB:

Dim myString as String
myString = "Davis  ,   Jones, Beckett   ,  Jordan  , Kennt  "
Dim myStringArray() As String
myString = Replace(myString, " ", "" )   'if you don't want the spaces
myStringArray = Split(myString, ",")

That's as close as we are going to get to answering your (somewhat nebulous)
question.

Dick

--
Richard Grier, Consultant, Hard & Software 12962 West Louisiana Avenue
Lakewood, CO 80228 303-986-2179 (voice) Homepage: www.hardandsoftware.net
Author of Visual Basic Programmer's Guide to Serial Communications, 4th
Edition ISBN 1-890422-28-2 (391 pages) published July 2004, Revised July
2006.

0
Cor
9/8/2010 4:31:05 PM
"Cor" <Notmyfirstname@planet.nl> wrote in message

> Nobody gave him a link to the vb.Net newsgroup.

Yes they did :-)

Mike

0
Mike
9/8/2010 4:52:57 PM

"DickGrier" <dick_grierNOSPAM@msn.com> wrote in message
> Well, in VB:
>
> Dim myString as String
> myString = "Davis  ,   Jones, Beckett   ,  Jordan  , Kennt  "
> Dim myStringArray() As String
> myString = Replace(myString, " ", "" )   'if you don't want the spaces
> myStringArray = Split(myString, ",")

I would not do the replace for the space character.  If you do what you're
suggesting, a name like "Van Halen" would end up being "VanHalen".
Instead, do the Split first and then if desired use Trim$() to eliminate
leading and trailing spaces. Of course, this means you'd need to trim the
spaces on a per-array-element basis, but at least you're not altering the
data.

--
Mike

0
MikeD
9/8/2010 5:40:38 PM
Did you visit the dotnet group where the OP wrote that.

However, that was not the question (take the time to look at the original
message).

It reminds me that once somebody asked me where the power on button of his
home computer was.

I showed him that and than he said: "Yes but if I am not home, how can I
then power up that computer"

Cor

"MikeD"  wrote in message news:i68hqm$gk$1@news.eternal-september.org...

"DickGrier" <dick_grierNOSPAM@msn.com> wrote in message
> Well, in VB:
>
> Dim myString as String
> myString = "Davis  ,   Jones, Beckett   ,  Jordan  , Kennt  "
> Dim myStringArray() As String
> myString = Replace(myString, " ", "" )   'if you don't want the spaces
> myStringArray = Split(myString, ",")

I would not do the replace for the space character.  If you do what you're
suggesting, a name like "Van Halen" would end up being "VanHalen".
Instead, do the Split first and then if desired use Trim$() to eliminate
leading and trailing spaces. Of course, this means you'd need to trim the
spaces on a per-array-element basis, but at least you're not altering the
data.

--
Mike

0
Cor
9/9/2010 6:23:32 AM
On Tue, 7 Sep 2010 20:08:22 -0500, "SIS01" <sis01@msf.org.mx> wrote:

� Hi,
�
� Please helpme
�
� I want to split this line:
�
� string line = "Davis  ,   Jones, Beckett   ,  Jordan  , Kennt  "
�
� into an array of their trimmed versions:
�
� "Davis"
� "Jones"
� "Beckett"
� "Jordan"
� "Kennt"
�
�
� I've tried several soluctions but none resolves it.
�
� Dim linea As String = "Davis  ,   Jones, Beckett   ,  Jordan  , Kennt  "
� Dim delimiter As String = ","
� Dim nombress As String() = linea.Split(delimiter.ToCharArray())
�

Try posting your question to the Visual Basic General forum:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/threads?page=1

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
0
Paul
9/9/2010 12:51:36 PM

> Did you visit the dotnet group where the OP wrote that.
>
> However, that was not the question (take the time to look at the original
> message).
>
> It reminds me that once somebody asked me where the power on button of his
> home computer was.
>
> I showed him that and than he said: "Yes but if I am not home, how can I
> then power up that computer"
>
> Cor

What the hell does this have to do with anything?

0
MikeD
9/9/2010 12:51:48 PM
"MikeD"  wrote in message news:i6al96$9eb$1@news.eternal-september.org...

"Cor" <Notmyfirstname@planet.nl> wrote in message
> Did you visit the dotnet group where the OP wrote that.
>
> However, that was not the question (take the time to look at the original
> message).
>
> It reminds me that once somebody asked me where the power on button of his
> home computer was.
>
> I showed him that and than he said: "Yes but if I am not home, how can I
> then power up that computer"
>
> Cor

What the hell does this have to do with anything?
Yes that was I asking myself as well on your reply to Dick.

The OP did asked how to get the spaces removed after and before a comma in a
CSV string.

What if it had been,

"van der Bilt, J.m.k  ;  Jensen, G, ;  Du Pen, P.   " in a non English
language CSV string

The same question, which is based on the follow up question from the OP in
the dotNet newsgroup.
Not relevant for a true developer, he has to solve problems, not all kind of
imaginary problems.
(Which I had also ones when somebody asked: "Does it also work if a atomic
bomb explode above my office?)

The Op had already followed the advice from nobody here, my reply was only
meant for Dick to inform him especially about his message.

Cor
\

0
Cor
9/9/2010 1:39:09 PM
| Try posting your question to the Visual Basic General forum:
|
| http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/threads?page=1

  It was answered yesterday in the VB.Net
group. If you're going to hang directing people
to MS forums, you could at least follow what's
happening on Usenet. (I know the VB.Net
group is "no longer supported" by MS. But it's
being used, so your posts are becoming out
of touch.)

0
Mayayana
9/9/2010 2:04:11 PM
"Paul Clement" <UseAdddressAtEndofMessage@swspectrum.com> wrote in message
> Try posting your question to the Visual Basic General forum:
> http://social.msdn.micro$oft.com/PlayRoomForums/en-US/vbgeneral/threads?page=1

Still the same old troll.

0
Mike
9/9/2010 2:34:16 PM
Paul,

Will you be so kind next time to add a text like "non VB6" questions (or
whatever text).

I become sad of redirecting (if this newsgroup is not in a bad acting mood)
all forum post for VB6 again to this newsgroup.

You know, your text comes in search engines.

Cor

"Paul Clement"  wrote in message

[...]

9/9/2010 2:44:34 PM
On Thu, 9 Sep 2010 10:04:11 -0400, "Mayayana" <mayayana@invalid.nospam> wrote:

�
� | Try posting your question to the Visual Basic General forum:
� |
� | http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/threads?page=1
� |
�
�   It was answered yesterday in the VB.Net
� group. If you're going to hang directing people
� to MS forums, you could at least follow what's
� happening on Usenet. (I know the VB.Net
� group is "no longer supported" by MS. But it's
� being used, so your posts are becoming out
� of touch.)
�

I don't need to know what is going on in other support newsgroups or forums and I'm certainly not
going to check them. The forum link was posted as an alternative resource, one with considerably
more activity I might add, and it's rather petty to quibble about it.

If you're inviting me to continue on in this newsgroup after Microsoft has shut down their servers
(within the next month), then I appreciate the thought.

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
0
Paul
9/10/2010 12:11:18 PM
On Thu, 9 Sep 2010 15:34:16 +0100, "Mike Williams" <Mike@WhiskyAndCoke.com> wrote:

� Still the same old troll.
�

That you are. Thanks for the reminder. ;-)

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
0
Paul
9/10/2010 12:21:10 PM
> (Which I had also ones when somebody asked: "Does it also work if a atomic
> bomb explode above my office?)

No, the question is: "If Cor passes gas in his office, will there be any
survivors?".

: -------------------------------------------------------------------------
: Yes that was I asking myself as well on your reply to Dick.
:
: The OP did asked how to get the spaces removed after and before a comma in
: CSV string.
:
: What if it had been,
:
: "van der Bilt, J.m.k  ;  Jensen, G, ;  Du Pen, P.   " in a non English
: language CSV string
:
: The same question, which is based on the follow up question from the OP in
: the dotNet newsgroup.
: Not relevant for a true developer, he has to solve problems, not all kind
of
: imaginary problems.
: (Which I had also ones when somebody asked: "Does it also work if a atomic
: bomb explode above my office?)
:
: The Op had already followed the advice from nobody here, my reply was only
: meant for Dick to inform him especially about his message.

Just STFU and go away already.  It takes more work to figure out what you
are saying than anything else.  And even then you make little to no sense.

0
Kevin

Cant Type Message in Outlook
Some time I am able to type in outlook and other time it will not work. I dont know that is going on or if there is something that I do to bring it on. I was answering my email this morning and when I got to the last one i was not able to type. Every key stroke it would ding at me. It did this to me before and the problem just went away. I have tried to reboot my computer and that didnt work. I have no idea. Thank You Mark ...

cant send email comes up error with server
when sending an email with outlook express i get error the message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server.this happens every time and then goes on to tell me about pop3.microsoft.com. my settings may be wrong and i do not know how to change them. moleypoley <moleypoley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > when sending an email with outlook express i get error the message > could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the > server.this happens every time and then goes on to tell me about > pop3.microsoft.com. my settin...

Acess 2007
hello, i am having a problem creating a .ACCDE file from an Access 2007 .ACCDB file. its somewhat large application, about 80 megs. it was originally an Access 2000 app that somebody else wrote for our user base, which ran it as a .MDE. i have now converted it Access 2007 .accdb, and am to use the "Make ACCDE" function off the Database Tools ribbon bar. upon doing so it says i need to enable the content as a security feature. no problem. afterward tho, it reports: "Microsoft Office Access was unable to create the .accde, .mde, or .ade file." ....it has more info under...

Puzzle solving with solver
I used solver to solve a mathemathical puzzle but it is not giving the sam answer everytime. I can mail the excel file to anyone who can help. Anyone willing to help may please give your email address. Dinesh wrote... >I used solver to solve a mathemathical puzzle but it is not giving the sam >answer everytime. I can mail the excel file to anyone who can help. Anyone >willing to help may please give your email address. If there are multiple feasible solutions or the problem depends on volatile functions, there's no guarantee Solver will always arrive at the same solution. Tha...

i've got a simple excel problem that needs solving...
Hello, i'm new to the wonderful world of all thing's Microsoft, I've got Excel 2004 for the Mac and i'm having to use it as a database for my large record collection as they don't make Access for the Mac unfortunately. I need a custom worksheet of just 4 columns long, the reason being that when i get to the last column in the row (the rows being Artist, Title, Label, Comment) i want the cursor to jump to the 1st column of the next row when i press TAB as this would save a lot of time when inputting my record names. (instead of moving the cursor down with the arrow a...

Cant see Default Public Folders on New 2003 Exchange
Hi We have recently installed a new W2003 Exchange 2003 server into our domain. The domain already had an Exchange 2000 server installed. The default public folders on the Exchange 2000 machine can be seen under ESM and by Outlook clients. We have created an additional new public folder store on the new 2003 server, however, the default Public folders on the new 2003 server cant be seen by mapi clients ie Outlook. Additionally any folder created under the Public Folder tree on the 2003 server under Folders does not appear under the First Storage Group > Public Folder Store > Public Fol...

cant send outside of my network
Hello all - I am setting up my first exchange server and have encountered a few problems. 1) I cannot telnet into exchange from outside my network. But works fine inside my network and port 25 is open and mx record appears okay. 2) I also need to understand how to connect outlook 2003 to exchange outside my network. (im not talking about OWA) It is an actual connnection the exchange with no vpn. Thanks in advance for anything you can suggest! Vegas-Kid "Vegas-kid" wrote: > 1) I cannot telnet into exchange from outside my network. But works > fine inside my network a...

Some OWA users cant login but some can
We upgraded to Exchange 2003 from 5.5 and rolled out OWA. Some of the users can access the OWA system, But some cant. What should I check? Are the mailboxes all on 2003 yet? Are you still in mixed mode? How long ago did you migrate the mailboxes? I've experienced a similar situation where I needed to wait for either SRS or the ADC to replicate information for migrated mailbox before OWA could be used. This took up to an hour sometimes. Also, did you check the permissions of the user account to make sure they have access to OWA? I am having the same issue. It has been 3 weeks f...

cant open html file in outlook 2007
hi, i am having trouble opening attached html file . error is " cant create html file .press Right click on the mouse and check permission on the file" can any body help :( -- בכבוד רב, מישל ויאנקור Have you tried clearing Microsoft Outlook's secure temp folder? "michel" <vaillancourt.michel@gmail.com> wrote in message news:AF480A87-907E-464C-A8A1-6C208A477950@microsoft.com... > hi, > > i am having trouble opening attached html file . error is " cant create > html > file .press Right click on the mouse and check...

Exchange Mode users cant connect
Hi All, I recently reinstalled our Exchange Server and discovered that users connecting via Exchange cached mode cant connect. POP3 users however do connect and download their mails. I have checked all the Exchange services including IMAP4 and everything is ok. Any ideas why this is happening? We run Exchange Server 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003 Server -- Buchi More information needed. What errors are the cached mode users seeing? What happens if you delete the OST file? What happens if you delete and re-create the Outlook profile? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Buchi&...

i cant see anyrthing in my inbox but icon says i have mail how do.
I seem to have lost my inbox access an icon in task bar says i have unopen messages but nothing shows inbox and all messages have dissapeared what can be done check the view on your inbox- do you have a view that is hiding messages? do you have rules moving messages? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join On...

Way to Check Email every 30 seconds? Why Outlook cant do this?
Hello i m in need of a way to check email every 10 seconds automatically -- and download it to the mailbox automatically , outlook express does this but lowest time is 1 minute, is there a plugin for outlook for this? Or perhaps another program? please help, its very important to me No, there isn't, because most mail servers can't handle checks that = often.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and...

cant open Outlook get error message?
Recently I have been unable to open Outlook 2007, I am using Vista, it starts to open but then get a message "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window." I need this as urgently. Can you please help??? Try; Start > Run outlook.exe /resetnavpane or outlook.exe /safe (Note space between exe /) "gaynagayna" <gaynagayna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:756821A9-ED16-4784-B31E-7B1E15E8E8F5@microsoft.com... > Recently I have been unable to open Outlook 2007, I am using Vista, it > starts > to open bu...

GP 6.0 issue PDK time sheets wont post so I cant bill Pls help willing to pay for live consult
althought, i ahve approved the time sheets in Dec, some dates in december wont post so we cant bill ... know of anyone that can help? thanks! Cam ...

All the Publisher problems are solved...
We are good... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com So now what do we do? -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message news:uyaEVdPWIHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... | We are good... | | -- | Mary Sauer MSFT MVP | http://office.microsoft.com/ | http://msauer.mvps.org/ | news://msnews.microsoft.com | | Let the confetti fly, the corks pop and the bands play! The MVPs have calmed the waters, swept the skies of storms and ...

Cell disply 0.0001 for 1... anybody solve this problem
Hi every body I'm a new member to this forum. I've a prbleb. In Excel 2002, if I type a value 1 in any of the cell, the cell displays 0.0001 and for 2 it'll display 0.0002 and if I type 100 it'l display .01, but if I type 1. it will display 1. Why it is happening ? Any body please tell me how to overcome this problem -- shashidharga ------------------------------------------------------------------------ shashidharga's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14922 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=2655...

Need Help Solving Strange Font Problem with OL2003 Distro Lists
Hello, I've been deploying Outlook 2003 throughout or enterprise. This morning, the HR director tried to set up a personal distro... but when she adds users from the GAL, their e-mail addresses display in an oriental font (which one I don't know). She doesn't have a roaming profile. I went to another machine, one running Outlook 2002/XP, and set up her mail profile, and everything is normal there, so Exchange doesn't seem to be implicated. Additionally, when I try the same thing in Outlook 2003 on my machine, everything is fine. How can I fix her problem? tia, -doug q ...

cant export to excel unless I reduce data in cells and line breaks
I am using software that searches a sql database and generates an index report. When I try to export a report to excel (2007) from within the software (print to file .xls), it acts like it is working, but no file is saved in the specified location. The report has several hundred characters in a cell with line breaks (30-40). If I reduce the report to fewer characters per cell with one or two line breaks, I can successfully create the file, but not with the larger amount of data. I am nowhere near the cell limits of 30,000+ characters. I have tried on several other computers ...

Cant get Parameter Query to work even witht the help of Martin Gre
I am using Access 2007 and I have Membership Database in which I have created a query which asks for input from the user – Financial Year and Membership Type [qrySubscription]. This data is also in Tables, [FinYears] – just list years and [MembSubs] – EffectiveYear, MemberType, MembAmount respectively, and I wanted to be able to create a menu where the user could select the options from combo boxes. I thought I’d found a solution on Martin Green’s wonderful Access Tips site under “Customizing Access Parameter Queries” http://www.fontstuff.com/access/acctut08.htm and followe...

Exchange cant receive a BCC mail
Hi all, i have Exchange 5.5 and when i receive mail containing the adresse in the Blind carbon copy(BCC) destination, exchange cant make tails of it. It cant know to whom it is intended too. It send it to the admin(me) because it cant read the BCC field. My exchange is in english but my client are all in french Is there a trick? Thanks Noliping This shouldn't be happening ....can you reproduce the problem yourself, such as from a Yahoo or Hotmail account? Noliping wrote: > Hi all, i have Exchange 5.5 and when i receive mail containing the > adresse in the Blind carbon copy(BCC...

Cant rotate pics (windows photo gallery)
Happy new year folks! Ive just loaded up some pics from my digital camera to my usual 'My Pictures' folder and for some reason it wont let me rotate any of them. Its never happened before and the message I get when i right click and select rotate clockwise is 'YOU CAN NOT ROTATE THIS IMAGE. THE FILE MIGHT BE IN USE OR OPEN IN ANOTHER PROGRAMME, OR THE FILE OR FOLDER MIGHT BE READ ONLY' Its not read only and its not open in any other programme so im totally confused, when i open it in windows photo gallery I can rotate it but when I exit the programme I get this...

Cant get my MS OUTLOOK TO WORK PLEASE HELP
My oulook was working fine last week but all of teh suddent it is not working. WHen i set up my accounts. It reads successful however when i try to open up my mail it says "cant connect to server". It also says something about my time may be short. I dont know how to fix this. Can anyone help? -- Contain and remain the same poetry1mind <poetry1mind@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My oulook was working fine last week but all of teh suddent it is not > working. WHen i set up my accounts. It reads successful however when > i try to open up my mail it says "...

cant create new account
click account and add new account i get the 4 choices banking,credit card, etc. click on banking and click next and nothing i just keep clicking next but the screen doesnt move even the cancel button doesntwork anyone any ideas ...

Restored Information Store, mailboxes show up, but cant access the
I had a crash on my Win2k SP4 Server running Exch2k SP3. I rebuilt the server fine, Exch2k installed ok. The NT BACKUP restoration process hasnt been nearly as fun and exciting though... After messing with it and getting the backed up databases to actually restore, I can see that all the mailboxes are in the 'First Storage Group' (default, and all naming is the same as the old server) and seems to be intact in regards to the sizes and item counts. Problem is, when I try to access them in Outlook, I dont see anything and another instance of the mailbox appears in the First Storage Grou...

=COUNTIF(A:A,isnumber) cant work
Hi, I want to count the number of cells at col. A that contain number only, but it didnt work =COUNTIF(A:A,isnumber) =COUNT(A:A) -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "crapit" <littlecramP@yahoo.com.sg> wrote in message news:eycWWEW3FHA.1416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, I want to count the number of cells at col. A that contain number only, > but it didnt work > =C...