Cant solve this.

Hi,

Please helpme

I want to split this line:

string line = "Davis  ,   Jones, Beckett   ,  Jordan  , Kennt  "

into an array of their trimmed versions:

"Davis"
"Jones"
"Beckett"
"Jordan"
"Kennt"

I've tried several soluctions but none resolves it.

Dim linea As String = "Davis  ,   Jones, Beckett   ,  Jordan  , Kennt  "
Dim delimiter As String = ","
Dim nombress As String() = linea.Split(delimiter.ToCharArray())

Array.ForEach(nombress, Function(p) p.Trim())  ' does not work
Array.ForEach(nombress, Function(p) WriteLine("action: -" & p & " - "))

Array.ConvertAll(nombress, New Converter(Of String, String)(Function(c)
c.Trim()))   ' does not work
Array.ForEach(nombress, Function(p) WriteLine("action: -" & p & " - "))

For Each n In nombress
    n = n.Trim        ' does not work
Next
Array.ForEach(nombress, Function(p) WriteLine("action: -" & p & " - "))

0
SIS01

SIS01 formulated the question :
> I've tried several soluctions but none resolves it.

If you wanna try a VB solution, this would be the place.  Given what
you're trying, I'd suggest you find another venue to post the question.

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

0
Karl
9/8/2010 1:28:03 AM
SIS01 explained on 9/7/2010 :
> Hi,
>
> Please helpme
>
> I want to split this line:
>
> string line = "Davis  ,   Jones, Beckett   ,  Jordan  , Kennt  "
>
> into an array of their trimmed versions:
>
> "Davis"
> "Jones"
> "Beckett"
> "Jordan"
> "Kennt"
>

> I've tried several soluctions but none resolves it.
>
> Dim linea As String = "Davis  ,   Jones, Beckett   ,  Jordan  , Kennt  "
> Dim delimiter As String = ","
> Dim nombress As String() = linea.Split(delimiter.ToCharArray())
>

> Array.ForEach(nombress, Function(p) p.Trim())  ' does not work
> Array.ForEach(nombress, Function(p) WriteLine("action: -" & p & " - "))
>

> Array.ConvertAll(nombress, New Converter(Of String, String)(Function(c)
> c.Trim()))   ' does not work
> Array.ForEach(nombress, Function(p) WriteLine("action: -" & p & " - "))
>

> For Each n In nombress
>     n = n.Trim        ' does not work
> Next
> Array.ForEach(nombress, Function(p) WriteLine("action: -" & p & " - "))

If you were using VB this would work
    Dim a() As String
    Dim i As Integer

    a = Split("Davis  ,   Jones, Beckett   ,  Jordan  , Kennt  ", ",")
    For i = 0 To UBound(a)
        a(i) = Trim(a(i))
    Next
    For i = 0 To UBound(a)
        Debug.Print ">"; a(i); "<"
    Next
But it appears that you are using some other language.  Sorry we'll not
be able to help you here.

Rdub

0
Ron
9/8/2010 1:43:10 AM
This group is for VB6 and earlier(VB Classic). VB.Net and all dotnet groups
have either "dotnet" or "vsnet" in the group name. Please use the following
group instead:

0
Nobody
:
: news://news.aioe.org/microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb
:

aioe, the usenet spammers haven...that's what the cowards use.  Considering
your support of it, this comes s no surprise.  Right....Bill?

0
Kevin
9/8/2010 2:59:27 AM
Well, in VB:

Dim myString as String
myString = "Davis  ,   Jones, Beckett   ,  Jordan  , Kennt  "
Dim myStringArray() As String
myString = Replace(myString, " ", "" )   'if you don't want the spaces
myStringArray = Split(myString, ",")

That's as close as we are going to get to answering your (somewhat nebulous)
question.

Dick

--
Richard Grier, Consultant, Hard & Software 12962 West Louisiana Avenue
Lakewood, CO 80228 303-986-2179 (voice) Homepage: www.hardandsoftware.net

0
DickGrier
9/8/2010 3:28:45 PM
Dick,

Nobody gave him a link to the vb.Net newsgroup.
The Op got his answers there, I've also placed a very compressed version
like yours in that newsgroup.

Cor

"DickGrier"  wrote in message news:O$vBFq2TLHA.620@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...

Well, in VB:

Dim myString as String
myString = "Davis  ,   Jones, Beckett   ,  Jordan  , Kennt  "
Dim myStringArray() As String
myString = Replace(myString, " ", "" )   'if you don't want the spaces
myStringArray = Split(myString, ",")

That's as close as we are going to get to answering your (somewhat nebulous)
question.

Dick

--
Richard Grier, Consultant, Hard & Software 12962 West Louisiana Avenue
Lakewood, CO 80228 303-986-2179 (voice) Homepage: www.hardandsoftware.net
Author of Visual Basic Programmer's Guide to Serial Communications, 4th
Edition ISBN 1-890422-28-2 (391 pages) published July 2004, Revised July
2006.

0
Cor
9/8/2010 4:31:05 PM
"Cor" <Notmyfirstname@planet.nl> wrote in message

> Nobody gave him a link to the vb.Net newsgroup.

Yes they did :-)

Mike

0
Mike
9/8/2010 4:52:57 PM

"DickGrier" <dick_grierNOSPAM@msn.com> wrote in message
> Well, in VB:
>
> Dim myString as String
> myString = "Davis  ,   Jones, Beckett   ,  Jordan  , Kennt  "
> Dim myStringArray() As String
> myString = Replace(myString, " ", "" )   'if you don't want the spaces
> myStringArray = Split(myString, ",")

I would not do the replace for the space character.  If you do what you're
suggesting, a name like "Van Halen" would end up being "VanHalen".
Instead, do the Split first and then if desired use Trim$() to eliminate
leading and trailing spaces. Of course, this means you'd need to trim the
spaces on a per-array-element basis, but at least you're not altering the
data.

--
Mike

0
MikeD
9/8/2010 5:40:38 PM
Did you visit the dotnet group where the OP wrote that.

However, that was not the question (take the time to look at the original
message).

It reminds me that once somebody asked me where the power on button of his
home computer was.

I showed him that and than he said: "Yes but if I am not home, how can I
then power up that computer"

Cor

"MikeD"  wrote in message news:i68hqm$gk$1@news.eternal-september.org...

"DickGrier" <dick_grierNOSPAM@msn.com> wrote in message
> Well, in VB:
>
> Dim myString as String
> myString = "Davis  ,   Jones, Beckett   ,  Jordan  , Kennt  "
> Dim myStringArray() As String
> myString = Replace(myString, " ", "" )   'if you don't want the spaces
> myStringArray = Split(myString, ",")

I would not do the replace for the space character.  If you do what you're
suggesting, a name like "Van Halen" would end up being "VanHalen".
Instead, do the Split first and then if desired use Trim$() to eliminate
leading and trailing spaces. Of course, this means you'd need to trim the
spaces on a per-array-element basis, but at least you're not altering the
data.

--
Mike

0
Cor
9/9/2010 6:23:32 AM
On Tue, 7 Sep 2010 20:08:22 -0500, "SIS01" <sis01@msf.org.mx> wrote:

� Hi,
�
� Please helpme
�
� I want to split this line:
�
� string line = "Davis  ,   Jones, Beckett   ,  Jordan  , Kennt  "
�
� into an array of their trimmed versions:
�
� "Davis"
� "Jones"
� "Beckett"
� "Jordan"
� "Kennt"
�
�
� I've tried several soluctions but none resolves it.
�
� Dim linea As String = "Davis  ,   Jones, Beckett   ,  Jordan  , Kennt  "
� Dim delimiter As String = ","
� Dim nombress As String() = linea.Split(delimiter.ToCharArray())
�

Try posting your question to the Visual Basic General forum:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/threads?page=1

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
0
Paul
9/9/2010 12:51:36 PM

> Did you visit the dotnet group where the OP wrote that.
>
> However, that was not the question (take the time to look at the original
> message).
>
> It reminds me that once somebody asked me where the power on button of his
> home computer was.
>
> I showed him that and than he said: "Yes but if I am not home, how can I
> then power up that computer"
>
> Cor

What the hell does this have to do with anything?

0
MikeD
9/9/2010 12:51:48 PM
"MikeD"  wrote in message news:i6al96$9eb$1@news.eternal-september.org...

"Cor" <Notmyfirstname@planet.nl> wrote in message
> Did you visit the dotnet group where the OP wrote that.
>
> However, that was not the question (take the time to look at the original
> message).
>
> It reminds me that once somebody asked me where the power on button of his
> home computer was.
>
> I showed him that and than he said: "Yes but if I am not home, how can I
> then power up that computer"
>
> Cor

What the hell does this have to do with anything?
Yes that was I asking myself as well on your reply to Dick.

The OP did asked how to get the spaces removed after and before a comma in a
CSV string.

What if it had been,

"van der Bilt, J.m.k  ;  Jensen, G, ;  Du Pen, P.   " in a non English
language CSV string

The same question, which is based on the follow up question from the OP in
the dotNet newsgroup.
Not relevant for a true developer, he has to solve problems, not all kind of
imaginary problems.
(Which I had also ones when somebody asked: "Does it also work if a atomic
bomb explode above my office?)

The Op had already followed the advice from nobody here, my reply was only
meant for Dick to inform him especially about his message.

Cor
\

0
Cor
9/9/2010 1:39:09 PM
| Try posting your question to the Visual Basic General forum:
|
| http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/threads?page=1

  It was answered yesterday in the VB.Net
group. If you're going to hang directing people
to MS forums, you could at least follow what's
happening on Usenet. (I know the VB.Net
group is "no longer supported" by MS. But it's
being used, so your posts are becoming out
of touch.)

0
Mayayana
9/9/2010 2:04:11 PM
"Paul Clement" <UseAdddressAtEndofMessage@swspectrum.com> wrote in message
> Try posting your question to the Visual Basic General forum:
> http://social.msdn.micro$oft.com/PlayRoomForums/en-US/vbgeneral/threads?page=1

Still the same old troll.

0
Mike
9/9/2010 2:34:16 PM
Paul,

Will you be so kind next time to add a text like "non VB6" questions (or
whatever text).

I become sad of redirecting (if this newsgroup is not in a bad acting mood)
all forum post for VB6 again to this newsgroup.

You know, your text comes in search engines.

Cor

"Paul Clement"  wrote in message

[...]

9/9/2010 2:44:34 PM
On Thu, 9 Sep 2010 10:04:11 -0400, "Mayayana" <mayayana@invalid.nospam> wrote:

�
� | Try posting your question to the Visual Basic General forum:
� |
� | http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/threads?page=1
� |
�
�   It was answered yesterday in the VB.Net
� group. If you're going to hang directing people
� to MS forums, you could at least follow what's
� happening on Usenet. (I know the VB.Net
� group is "no longer supported" by MS. But it's
� being used, so your posts are becoming out
� of touch.)
�

I don't need to know what is going on in other support newsgroups or forums and I'm certainly not
going to check them. The forum link was posted as an alternative resource, one with considerably
more activity I might add, and it's rather petty to quibble about it.

If you're inviting me to continue on in this newsgroup after Microsoft has shut down their servers
(within the next month), then I appreciate the thought.

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
0
Paul
9/10/2010 12:11:18 PM
On Thu, 9 Sep 2010 15:34:16 +0100, "Mike Williams" <Mike@WhiskyAndCoke.com> wrote:

� Still the same old troll.
�

That you are. Thanks for the reminder. ;-)

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
0
Paul
9/10/2010 12:21:10 PM
> (Which I had also ones when somebody asked: "Does it also work if a atomic
> bomb explode above my office?)

No, the question is: "If Cor passes gas in his office, will there be any
survivors?".

: -------------------------------------------------------------------------
: Yes that was I asking myself as well on your reply to Dick.
:
: The OP did asked how to get the spaces removed after and before a comma in
: CSV string.
:
: What if it had been,
:
: "van der Bilt, J.m.k  ;  Jensen, G, ;  Du Pen, P.   " in a non English
: language CSV string
:
: The same question, which is based on the follow up question from the OP in
: the dotNet newsgroup.
: Not relevant for a true developer, he has to solve problems, not all kind
of
: imaginary problems.
: (Which I had also ones when somebody asked: "Does it also work if a atomic
: bomb explode above my office?)
:
: The Op had already followed the advice from nobody here, my reply was only
: meant for Dick to inform him especially about his message.

Just STFU and go away already.  It takes more work to figure out what you
are saying than anything else.  And even then you make little to no sense.

0
Kevin

Cant open Item. Unable to open free/busy information error.
I'm having issues with opening meetings or adding meetings for 10 users in outlook 2003. I get the following error: "Can't open this item. Unable to open free /busy information". Issue all started when I was moving the 10 users mailbox to another storage group. All the moves were successful. Users noticed they couldn't access the calendar items. I already ran the clean free busy and was not successful. I moved the 10 users all back to the original locations. Checked permissions on the calendars. Last option was to run the reset folders in Exchange server 20...

Cant open investment center money 2001 deluxe
Two possibly related problems. Error from bank that holds investments -- money says internet connection error "OFXIE12029" When I try to open investments center or click on portfolio money crashes. I have tried the knowledge base fix for corrupt accounts but since the first instruction is to open the investing center or click on portfolio I am stuck. BTW -- does Bill Gates care? Someone had this error the other day, and it was due to their bank blocking their IP address. See also http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;312818 A connection error to the bank. ...

Seems Simple But I Cant Get It ! #2
THIS IS MY PROBLEM: i got a row with alpha_num entries(e.g RN1, P2, EN4) i wan to count the number of entries that has the number 1 behind the first two alphabet. -- cjjoo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cjjoo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26916 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=471033 Slight modification of Biff's formula should do it, after you substitute your own range: =SUMPRODUCT(--(RIGHT(A1:F1,1)="1")) - DH cjjoo wrote: > THIS IS MY PROB...

Cant Restart XP Home Edt / Desktop doesnt reload / Blank Screen
Thank you All in advance for your responds. My laptop froze and I had to restart it using the on/off button. During the reboot, I saw the windows logo showing on my screen while loading just like normal, however, my desktop never reloaded. Now, It appears a blank black screen after the reloading process. No error messages either. I push the F8 button to access the "advanced options menu" during the restart. I tried safe mode, Last Known Good Configuration, Start Windows Normalls but none of those options worked. I didnt want to get into more technical stuff without...

Cant Protect a Workbook
Hi, I am sure the answer to this must be simple but I just cant find it. I have a worksheet that I want to protect (ie prevent all changes to), so I go tools - protection - protect sheet. Strangely however, I can still make changes to the sheet. Same if I say protect workbook. Is there some override flag that I dont know about? Gary On Sep 9, 1:13 am, gazza67 <garys...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I am sure the answer to this must be simple but I just cant find it. I > have a worksheet that I want to protect (ie prevent all changes to), > so I go tools - protection - p...

I cant recieve e-mail help
I can send e-mail but I cant recieve them and yes I have clicked on send recieve. I think it has to do with the set up of the mail server. when I run the test mail page everything seems to be working>>>> Do you have a Norton product on your computer configured to scan email? If yes, disable the scanning. YOu might have to uninstall and reinstall. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, taylor asked: | I ca...

Exchange cant pick out DC server as a Global Catalog
Hi Guys, Can anyone help me out on this. I just installed a new Domain Controller for my domain and made it a Global Catalog Server.Using replmon under server flag, its status is a GC. But when I tried viewing from My Exchange Server under directory Access the server didnt appear under Global Catalog Servers.I need Exchange to see this as a GC coz I want to shut down and primary GC to test this backup GC. Any way out? Thanks for your response. -- Buchi On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 08:19:05 -0700, "Buchi" <Buchi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi Guys, >Can anyone help...

Solving an equation
Hi, I'm working on a project in Financial Management. I need to solve the following equation for the value of 'X' in MS Excel 2X/(1+r1)^4 + 20/(1+r1)^6 + 30/(1+r1)^7 + 30/(1+r1)^8 + 10/(1+r1)^4 = 2X/(1+r2)^4 + 2X/(1+r2)^4 Where r1 = 21% and r2 = 17% Help needed! Regards -- dividby0 Hi, Enter the following formula in cell B1 =2*A1/(1+A)^4+20/(1+A)^6+30/(1+A)^7+30/(1+A)^8+10/(1+A)^4-2*A1/(1+B)^4-2*A1/(1+B)^4 Then choose Tools, Add-in and put a check beside Solver and click OK. Then choose Tools, Solver and set the target cell as B1 and the changing cell as A1 and wi...

Cant join domain/Previous Domain wont go away.
Hello, 1st post here. This is my situation: I have a server 2008r2 domain controller and about 300 systems. Mixed desktop and laptops. The problem I am having is I took over after another admin left and they hadnt switched over all their systems to the new domain from the old. NEW: PP OLD: PARKERS I come across random problems with systems that will allow me to log in as local admin but not change the domain. The system says it is going to be WORKGROUP instead of part of a domain after I change it. All the normal logins and prompts later, I reboot and I am right ...

I cant send emails
he error message: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Re: Ender 4H', Account: 'pop.secureserver.net', Server: 'smtpout.secureserver.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E "cj" <cj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3357DB7A-AAAD-4C0E-8B5A-A14B8531C310@microsoft.com... > he error message: > > The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Re: Ender 4H', Account: > 'pop.secureserver.net', Server: 'smtpout.secureserver.net...

Cant size columns?
Hi I am using XL 2003 and just rec'd a big spreadsheet that does not allow resizing the columns. This option appears grayed out from the menu and when hovering over the header of the column, it never turns into the icon that allows resizing. Any ideas how I can change this setting to allow it? Thnaks! Alan Sound like the sender has protected the worksheet and/or the workbook. Try Tools|Protection... but if she used a password you are out of luck. Bernard "Alan" <alan@alan.com> wrote in message news:OqmHV2J9DHA.3648@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi I am using XL 2003 a...

Solved Problem with Purging Folders
I use WL Mail to access my AOL mail accounts (IMAP setting). Upon closing WL Mail every time, a box would pop up saying it was Purging folders, and 30 seconds later an error message would say it could not since the server disconnected prior to finishing the task. Thanks to help from a number of folks in here, I was able to solve the problem. Here were Winston's comments that fixed the problem for me: "Configuration settings for 'purging' messages associated with an IMAP account can be found in WLM on its 'Maintenance' tab - Tools/Options/Advanced/M...

Cant send email 11-17-09
Find nothing about this error. The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'mixxxxe@hotmail.fr'. Subject 'Re: lettre de motivation', Account: 'pop3.o2.ie', Server: 'smtp.o2.ie',...

Excel problem that could be solved with VBA
Can anyone please help. I am working with a software that outputs zip code and street information. The output information is excel based. The problem that i have is that in the same column (for ex. column A) both the zip and street information is listed. The pattern of the output file consists of a zip code followed by multiple streets that belong to that zip code. This pattern repeats numerous times. So, for instance: 94015 Amhurst Ct Arcadia Dr Arley Ct Avalon Dr Bacon Ct .. .. .. 94015 Gateway Dr Gellert Blvd Glencourt Way Grandview Ave Hampshire Ave Hampshire Ct .. .. .. The file has...

Outlook Express ....cant see parts of message
I am unable to see certain parts of a received message. I think they must be pictures missing as there is just a red X in a box with nothing else. ...

I cant work out what the error is.
In this formula =IF(D12=0,"",D12 -C12+1) I get a return of 28 which is correct. In this formula =IF(D11=0,"",D11 -C11+1) I get #VALUE! I cant understand this, I have checked cell format and both are in general, I have tried dragging down and still no change. The subtraction elemenst are 2 dates. You'll see this error if D11 is non-empty and non-numeric or C11 is non-empty and non-numeric On 02/06/2012 06:01, ss wrote: > In this formula =IF(D12=0,"",D12 -C12+1) I get a return of 28 which is correct. > > In this formula =IF(...

Outlook '03 WinMobile 6.1 on HTCTouch2
I get the following error when I try to Synch HTC Touch 2 Windowns Mobile 6.1 to Outlook 2003 on my netbook. I have re-set the partnership, I have re-installed synch software - don't know what else to do?? Outlook has stopped working... Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: OUTLOOK.EXE Application Version: 11.0.5510.0 Application Timestamp: 3f1380f0 Fault Module Name: StackHash_f19d Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385 Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bdadb Exception Code: c0000374 Exception Offset: 000c283b OS Version: 6.1.7600....

Outlook97 scans floppy constantly.. Solved...finally.
I can't believe with all the people having this problem, and all the groups i've visited that I had to figure out this glitch on my own. None of the suggestions posted anywhere worked. And my problems were magnified since I had dozens of machines with this glitch to fix. Microsoft's KB support didn't help either. It was relatively easy to solve, but certain not very obvious.. So.....What was the fix? (So we can all learn) "Nate Goulet" <askifyouwantaaddress@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3fc3915c.4612799@news.ids.net... > I can't believe with all t...

Cant send or receive 08-26-10
HI, I am geting: The host 'mail.btinternet.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'mail.btinternet.com', Server: 'mail.btinternet.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D I hvae not changed anything prior to this and all details are entered correctly- any ideas? We know that the server mail.btinternet.com does exist, so your computer is having a problem with DNS lookup. Go to a Command Prompt and ping that server. Do you get a valid response?...

cant send an email
everytime i try to send an email from my inbox it goes to my outbox, an gives an error message. please help. thank you what's the error message? >-----Original Message----- >everytime i try to send an email from my inbox it goes to >my outbox, an gives an error message. please help. thank >you >. > You drive your car to the shop and say, "It's broke." You really expect to get it fixed with that little information? We need more information about the error and what you were doing at the time. You do NOT *send* from your Inbox. That's where you...

Sumproduct question and why cant I find my previous questions?
First...why can I not find my previous posts? Is there a trick to finding them? Second.....I have a long list of data with a date field, I want to be able to sum it up by month and year. So in one tab I have the raw data by date. In another tab, what I want to be able to do is: Year 2009 2010 Month Jan ??? ??? Feb ??? ??? Mar ??? ??? Thanks Apr May "First...why can I not find my previous posts? Is there a trick to finding them?" One way to find them is to put your user name (Paul) i...

How to solve?
Hello all: I write some codes about reading IC Card,and I use the dll library provided by the manufacturer,and calling convention of the function is PASCAL. If I don't use sub-function,my program runs well,but when I create a sub-function for reading IC card,it display: The value of ESP was not properly saves across a function call. This is usually a result of calling a function declared with one calling convention with a function pointer declared with a different calling convention. I want to know how to solve?thanks very much. "Lee Tow" <fbjlt@pub3.fz.fj.cn> wr...

Cant open Outlook
If I re-Install MS Outlook will I lose all my Email Address's Thanx for your help...Bob ..........Jenny Vance Bob <xxx@xx.xx> wrote: > If I re-Install MS Outlook will I lose all my Email Address's Thanx > for your help...Bob You shouldn't, but see this: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

Overloading MFC Functions
I wanted to bump up this thread, sorry. The original post is at the bottom... Thanks to all who replied. The problem, it turns out, is covered in the M$ docs: http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/02/05/c/default.aspx I overlooked a simple thing. I didn't call the *base class* in my derived class function. What I tried was: void CMyCtrl::Create( my_argument_list) { some code; Create(mfc_arg_list); some other code; } So of course VC++ snagged me for an iicorrect arg. list. Although in this case it's very clear to me, there are other instances in MFC when yo...

Cant send web pages and links
Ive had outlook 2003 for about 6 months all of a sudden I cant send web pages such as MSNBC or CNN...normally these sites have an email direct option...but Ive noticed lately that Outlook is considering these unsafe. I have forgotten how to change my settings so I can send normal web pages that I visit regularly as email attachments. Several of the sites I am able to send appear to reformat them selves so they don't look exactly like the web pages I was viewing. ...