Can't register Windows Scripting Host with Windows 7

I have a vb6 app. which uses Windows scripting host.
The inno installer has always worked well on Windows 95 through to Vista
but on Windows 7 produces this error.

C:\Windows\system32\wshom.ocx
unable to register the Dll\OCX: regsvr32 failed with error code 0x5

Any ideas? I've heard the installation of windows scripting host is now
considered a bad security risk from windows 7 onwards.
0
will_456

  You should always know the redist. situation
with any file before you ship it -- and not just
on the level of hearsay. Sorry if that sounds
scolding, but we're shipping files to other
peoples' PCs and they're trusting us not to screw
things up. You should never depend on any
installer to get the right files. You have to know
yourself.

    Also, you probably don't
really need wshom.ocx. That contains mainly the
FileSystemObject, the barely-usable Registry
functions (WSHShell), Network, and shortcut
handling. You should be able to do whatever
you need with straight VB. The WSH functions
are slow, poorly designed, and -- as you know --
have [unnecessary] dependencies. :)  Microsoft
apparently created the WSH to satisfy admins who
wanted something more up-to-date than DOS
or NT command-line scripting. But based on the gaps
in functionality, the notably slow speed, the
paucity of real updates over the past 9 years,
and the general lack of press that the WSH gets
at microsoft.com, I don't think they ever bothered
to do more than cook up a quickie scripting package.
Most of what WSH can do depends on hacks or
3rd-party COM objects.

  But to answer your question specifically:

   This is just a wikipedia page link, so it's not
official info., but it seems to indicate that WSH
is pre-installed on Vista/7 and is not meant to
be updated:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Script_Host

"As of Windows XP Service Pack 3, release 5.7 is not necessary
as it is included."

  I'm surprised that you've ever shipped those files
and that you haven't had trouble. WSH was available
with Win98 and has been pre-installed since Win2000.

   If there's specific functionality you need that came in
a recent version you should tell people they need to install
the update and not just foist it on them. Some system
admins depend on WSH but while others uninstall parts
of WSH for security reasons. In both cases they're likely
to be taken aback that you've seen fit to replace their
files.

> I have a vb6 app. which uses Windows scripting host.
> The inno installer has always worked well on Windows 95 through to Vista
> but on Windows 7 produces this error.
>
> C:\Windows\system32\wshom.ocx
> unable to register the Dll\OCX: regsvr32 failed with error code 0x5
>
> Any ideas? I've heard the installation of windows scripting host is now
> considered a bad security risk from windows 7 onwards.

0
mayayana
12/5/2009 1:53:20 PM
mayayana wrote:
>   You should always know the redist. situation
> with any file before you ship it -- and not just
> on the level of hearsay. Sorry if that sounds
> scolding, but we're shipping files to other
> peoples' PCs and they're trusting us not to screw
> things up. You should never depend on any
> installer to get the right files. You have to know
> yourself.
>
>     Also, you probably don't
> really need wshom.ocx. That contains mainly the
> FileSystemObject, the barely-usable Registry
> functions (WSHShell), Network, and shortcut
> handling. You should be able to do whatever
> you need with straight VB. The WSH functions
> are slow, poorly designed, and -- as you know --
> have [unnecessary] dependencies. :)  Microsoft
> apparently created the WSH to satisfy admins who
> wanted something more up-to-date than DOS
> or NT command-line scripting. But based on the gaps
> in functionality, the notably slow speed, the
> paucity of real updates over the past 9 years,
> and the general lack of press that the WSH gets
> at microsoft.com, I don't think they ever bothered
> to do more than cook up a quickie scripting package.
> Most of what WSH can do depends on hacks or
> 3rd-party COM objects.
>
>   But to answer your question specifically:
>
>    This is just a wikipedia page link, so it's not
> official info., but it seems to indicate that WSH
> is pre-installed on Vista/7 and is not meant to
> be updated:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Script_Host
>
> "As of Windows XP Service Pack 3, release 5.7 is not necessary
> as it is included."
>
>   I'm surprised that you've ever shipped those files
> and that you haven't had trouble. WSH was available
> with Win98 and has been pre-installed since Win2000.
>
>    If there's specific functionality you need that came in
> a recent version you should tell people they need to install
> the update and not just foist it on them. Some system
> admins depend on WSH but while others uninstall parts
> of WSH for security reasons. In both cases they're likely
> to be taken aback that you've seen fit to replace their
> files.
>

>> I have a vb6 app. which uses Windows scripting host.
>> The inno installer has always worked well on Windows 95 through to Vista
>> but on Windows 7 produces this error.
>>
>> C:\Windows\system32\wshom.ocx
>> unable to register the Dll\OCX: regsvr32 failed with error code 0x5
>>
>> Any ideas? I've heard the installation of windows scripting host is now
>> considered a bad security risk from windows 7 onwards.

Thanks for the advice. My app has been in use since 1999 and is designed
to work on Win 95 onwards hence the installer has always include WSH.
One functions I have used it for in the program is to find the location
of the users special folders eg. documents folder and then to delete a
subfolder.

I had used other methods but they were quite complex. WSH allowed me to
do it with just a few lines.

0
will_456
12/5/2009 7:51:41 PM

"will_456" <will_456@nospam.com> wrote in message

> Thanks for the advice. My app has been in use since 1999 and is designed
> to work on Win 95 onwards hence the installer has always include WSH.
> One functions I have used it for in the program is to find the location of
> the users special folders eg. documents folder and then to delete a
> subfolder.
>
> I had used other methods but they were quite complex. WSH allowed me to do
> it with just a few lines.

Not really good reasons because all of those can be done fairly easily
without it. If for no other reason, you should consider getting rid of the
WSH and using either API or VB's own statements, functions, etc. to
eliminate the dependency. Also, some users and many sysadmins will have
removed that file to prevent scripts from using it for malicious purposes.
So from that standpoint alone, it's really not a good idea to use it in your
app.

All the "special folders" can be obtained by using the
SHGetSpecialFolderPath Win32API function.  You can write a wrapper function
around this API function so you only need to make one call in your app
whenever you need a special folder. Here's some code:

-----BEGIN CODE
Private Const MAX_PATH                  As Long = 260

Private Declare Function SHGetSpecialFolderPath Lib "Shell32" Alias
"SHGetSpecialFolderPathA" (ByVal hwndOwner As Long, ByVal lpszPath As
String, ByVal nFolder As Long, ByVal fCreate As Long) As Long

Public Enum SHSpecialFolderIDs
    CSIDL_DESKTOP = &H0&                             ' <desktop>
    CSIDL_INTERNET = &H1&                            ' Internet Explorer
(icon on desktop)
    CSIDL_PROGRAMS = &H2&                            ' Start Menu\Programs
    CSIDL_CONTROLS = &H3&                            ' My Computer\Control
Panel
    CSIDL_PRINTERS = &H4&                            ' My Computer\Printers
    CSIDL_PERSONAL = &H5&                            ' My Documents
    CSIDL_FAVORITES = &H6&                           ' <user name>\Favorites
    CSIDL_STARTUP = &H7&                             ' Start
Menu\Programs\Startup
    CSIDL_RECENT = &H8&                              ' <user name>\Recent
    CSIDL_SENDTO = &H9&                              ' <user name>\SendTo
    CSIDL_BITBUCKET = &HA&                           ' <desktop>\Recycle Bin
    CSIDL_STARTMENU = &HB&                           ' <user name>\Start
Menu
    CSIDL_MYDOCUMENTS = &HC&                         ' logical "My
Documents" desktop icon
    CSIDL_MYMUSIC = &HD&                             ' "My Music" folder
    CSIDL_MYVIDEO = &HE&                             ' "My Videos" folder
    CSIDL_DESKTOPDIRECTORY = &H10&                   ' <user name>\Desktop
    CSIDL_DRIVES = &H11&                             ' My Computer
    CSIDL_NETWORK = &H12&                            ' Network Neighborhood
(My Network Places)
    CSIDL_NETHOOD = &H13&                            ' <user name>\nethood
    CSIDL_FONTS = &H14&                              ' windows\fonts
    CSIDL_TEMPLATES = &H15&
    CSIDL_COMMON_STARTMENU = &H16&                   ' All Users\Start Menu
    CSIDL_COMMON_PROGRAMS = &H17&                    ' All Users\Start
Menu\Programs
    CSIDL_COMMON_STARTUP = &H18&                     ' All Users\Startup
    CSIDL_COMMON_DESKTOPDIRECTORY = &H19&            ' All Users\Desktop
    CSIDL_APPDATA = &H1A&                            ' <user
name>\Application Data
    CSIDL_PRINTHOOD = &H1B&                          ' <user name>\PrintHood
    CSIDL_LOCAL_APPDATA = &H1C&                      ' <user name>\Local
Settings\Applicaiton Data (non roaming)
    CSIDL_ALTSTARTUP = &H1D&                         ' non localized startup
    CSIDL_COMMON_ALTSTARTUP = &H1E&                  ' non localized common
startup
    CSIDL_COMMON_FAVORITES = &H1F&
    CSIDL_INTERNET_CACHE = &H20&
    CSIDL_COOKIES = &H21&
    CSIDL_HISTORY = &H22&
    CSIDL_COMMON_APPDATA = &H23&                     ' All Users\Application
Data
    CSIDL_WINDOWS = &H24&                            ' GetWindowsDirectory()
    CSIDL_SYSTEM = &H25&                             ' GetSystemDirectory()
    CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES = &H26&                      ' C:\Program Files
    CSIDL_MYPICTURES = &H27&                         ' C:\Program Files\My
Pictures
    CSIDL_PROFILE = &H28&                            ' USERPROFILE
    CSIDL_SYSTEMX86 = &H29&                          ' x86 system directory
on RISC
    CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILESX86 = &H2A&                   ' x86 C:\Program Files
on RISC
    CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES_COMMON = &H2B&               ' C:\Program
Files\Common
    CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES_COMMONX86 = &H2C&            ' x86 Program
Files\Common on RISC
    CSIDL_COMMON_TEMPLATES = &H2D&                   ' All Users\Templates
    CSIDL_COMMON_DOCUMENTS = &H2E&                   ' All Users\Documents
    CSIDL_COMMON_ADMINTOOLS = &H2F&                  ' All Users\Start
Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools
    CSIDL_ADMINTOOLS = &H30&                         ' <user name>\Start
Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools
    CSIDL_CONNECTIONS = &H31&                        ' Network and Dial-up
Connections
    CSIDL_COMMON_MUSIC = &H35&                       ' All Users\My Music
    CSIDL_COMMON_PICTURES = &H36&                    ' All Users\My Pictures
    CSIDL_COMMON_VIDEO = &H37&                       ' All Users\My Video
    CSIDL_RESOURCES = &H38&                          ' Resource Direcotry
    CSIDL_RESOURCES_LOCALIZED = &H39&                ' Localized Resource
Direcotry
    CSIDL_COMMON_OEM_LINKS = &H3A&                   ' Links to All Users
OEM specific apps
    CSIDL_CDBURN_AREA = &H3B&                        ' USERPROFILE\Local
Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\CD Burning
    ' unused   = &H003c&
    CSIDL_COMPUTERSNEARME = &H3D&                    ' Computers Near Me
(computered from Workgroup membership)
End Enum

Public Function GetSpecialFolder(ByVal FolderID As SHSpecialFolderIDs) As
String

    'SHGetSpecialFolderPath is not necessarily supported under Win95. It can
be called
    'under Win95 if IE4 AND the Desktop Update are installed.

    Dim sBuffer As String
    sBuffer = String$(MAX_PATH, vbNullChar)
    'For Win98 and higher
    Call SHGetSpecialFolderPath(0&, sBuffer, FolderID, 0&)
    GetSpecialFolder = StripNulls(sBuffer)

End Function

Public Function StripNulls(ByVal sText As String) As String

    'Returns all characters up to a null character.
    'If the string does not contain a null character,
    'the string is returned unmodified.

    Dim lNullPos As Long

    lNullPos = InStr(sText, vbNullChar)
    If lNullPos Then
        StripNulls = Left$(sText, lNullPos - 1)
    Else
        StripNulls = sText
    End If

End Function
-----END CODE

To delete the subfolder, just use VB's own RmDir statement or any of a
number of API functions.

--
Mike

0
MikeD
12/5/2009 11:27:59 PM

> Thanks for the advice. My app has been in use since 1999 and is designed
> to work on Win 95 onwards hence the installer has always include WSH.

   It's tricky. WSH is actually several files. WSHOM.ocx
depends on scrrun.dll (which has the FSO) and msvcrt.dll,
the VC6 runtime. If you just need FSO you can redistribute
scrrun.dll (though it still needs msvcrt.dll). Post-2000
Windows won't let you replace any system files. I'm not
sure whether any versions of Windows classifies WSH files
as system files. If it were me I'd redistribute scrrun.dll
v. 5.1. Then your installer shouldn't try to replace it
if it exists because it should be the same or later version.
On the other hand, if you run across a system that actually
needs it there's a good chance that msvcrt.dll will also
be missing, so you might want to also ship a version of
that.

> One functions I have used it for in the program is to find the location
> of the users special folders eg. documents folder and then to delete a
> subfolder.
>
> I had used other methods but they were quite complex. WSH allowed me to
> do it with just a few lines.

  The FSO *is* very convenient for file system access.
If you change your mind, you might try looking at
Randy birch's site:
http://vbnet.mvps.org/

  It might take some work, but at least you'd be free
of a thorny dependency.

0
mayayana

register transction size
I was trying to enter a transaction into money and accidently changed the size of the boxes that the transactions are stored in. I went from being able to view four or five transactions to being able to view one. Dose anyone know how to fix this? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, jdsneed@gmail.com wrote: >I was trying to enter a transaction into money and accidently changed >the size of the boxes that the transactions are stored in. I went from >being able to view four or five transactions to being able to view one. You must have a really small screen. > Dose anyone know h...

Alt + A doesn't work in Payables Trx Entry Distribution Window
In Version 9, there's a problem with the Alt+A keyboard shortcut in the Payables Trx Entry Distribution Window. When you use the Alt+A it accessed Transactions from the Menu rather than selcting the Default button from the Distribution Window. There are other problems with Alt + keys as well so I'm sure this just needs to be added to the problem report list. Thanks, Peggy Aitken Aitken Accounting Services (972) 365-8611 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click th...

Using Split Window with CDHtmlDialog
Hello, I'm just curious if anyone has tackled this issue in the past. I have a split window application that is working fine with regular form dialogs. But there are a couple views that I 'would have' liked (although I'm about to give up) to have been HTML based, so I add an IDD_FORMVIEW dialog, then used the MFC Wizard to add a class with base class CDHtmlDialog, instead of CFormView class like my other dialogs. I'm still trying to become familiar with basic C++ concepts here, so excuse my ignorance, but what happens at this point is that the Window does't get filled...

Granting window Security of my product per user in the Microsoft G
Hi, In GP, i go to Tools>Setup>System>Security And then i select a user and company defaults. Then i select my Product, and select 'Alternate Dynamics GP Windows' as Type. Then select a series. The problem is even though i had synchronized my dictionary and updated the resources and series using DexUtils.exe, the Security does not seem to recognize the form or the resource for that specific series under my product. Can anyone help in determining why its not recognizing my windows in GP. Thanx. Are the windows in your product alternate versions of Dynamics.dic windows or n...

New Message Window
WLM version 14.0.8089.0726. ( Win 7 Starter ) Just installed it on my netbook and it's running nicely , except that each new message window is maximized. If I restore down , it resizes correctly , but I can't set it to the preferred size and have it re open that way ? I thought perhaps , it might be auto maximizing because of the new feature in Win 7 ( sorry , forgot the name ) where dragging a window to the top will maximize it. I resized the main WLM window to less than desktop size , created a new message , and once again , got a maximized window. I should ad...

integration with windows sharepoint services
Hi there When I open the Tasks and Contacts folders in Outlook, I am directed to the respective pages on my Sharepoint Services site. However, when I'm out of the office, I can only view these pages (a) when I have a VPN connection or (b) when I am offline. Is there a solution that will allow me to view these folders (offline) while I'm connected to the Internet? Best regards Loane ...

Customer/Vendor Trx window
Running GP9.0, we do not have multicurrency. I have established a relationship between a customer and vendor. The customer has an unapplied payment which I want to transfer to payables to refund. I can see the payment in Receivables Transaction Inquiry - Customer, however, the document does not appear in the Customer/Vendor Consolidations window, even as a toggle between Transfer to Payables, Transfer to Receivables, and Consolidate Documents as referred to in KnowledgeBase article 863318. The Currency ID field in the Customer/Vendor Consolidations window is greyed out. I have tried in...

upgrade computer from Windows 95 to Windows 98
I do not know very much about computers but I want to upgrade the Windows operating system from Windows 95 to Windows 98. I looked on the microsoft site but there were too many to go through and I was not finding what i needed. I have a COMPAQ deskpro with intel celeron. My computer is a 4 years old but I have been told that it can be upgraded. any help is appreciated thank you Kathy hahaha, oh man, I'm SO sorry, but I had to print this out and show someone WHERE O' WHERE do I start? hehe......oh wait, are you SERIOUS? -G "Kathy" <Kburnside4@yahoo.com> wrote...

Windows Mail fails when connecting to AIM.COM mail server
I tried to post this earlier, but I don't see it. Sorry if this is a duplicate. I have an HP laptop with Vista as the OS. I use Windows Mail to access my aim.com email. I've used this for over a year. Suddenly, I am getting the following error. I can connect to the aim web mail, so my password, etc is valid and working. This seems to be an SSL error, but I have not changed my configuration of the servers in Windows Mail. Any ideas why this is suddenly occurring? Thanks. -------------Error message below ------------------- The connection to the server has failed....

Using modal window??
Hi I have several dialogs that interact with each other through buttons. When a certain dialog appears I want it to be the focus until it is destroyed. The user should not be able to click anywhere in the application apart from this dialog. I currently have this working but the user can still click on the originating dialog, any ideas? Thanks in advance Seems like you are using Modeless dialogs, why don't you use modal dialogs instead? AliR. "wallacej" <jamie_r_wallace@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:1116514194.474219.83260@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi...

Worflow Deisgner and VB-Script
Hopefully the best news group fit for my question... (what should be, because the WorkflowEvent Sink was introduced with Exchange :-) ) VB-Script is not VB-Script when it comes down to a workflow. I like to 'bind' some variables to a workflow in a script, what should be read usually in an IE-Script like: Dim <varname> outside any procedure. This is accepted as a legal statement in Workflow-Designer also, but doesn't behave as expected. *Nothing* happens. You can access the variables, assign values, etc., but without any effect. So question still remains, 'global&...

self-register problem (linker bug?)
When I create my DLL then I get the following error message: 1>Linking... 1> Creating library D:\Project\xxxx\Release Unicode\PROJ.lib and object D:\Project\xxxx\Release Unicode\PROJ.exp 1>Embedding manifest... 1>Registering output... 1>Project : error PRJ0050: Failed to register output. Please ensure you have the appropriate permissions to modify the registry. 1>Build log was saved at "file://d:\Project\xxxx\Release Unicode\BuildLog.htm" 1>PROJ - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s) Trying to register it by myself with regsvr32 results in: DllRegisterServer in proj.dl...

WLM Wave 4 and Windows XP
I understand that Microsoft have decided that Wave 4 wiil be Vista and Win 7 only. Will they still offer maintenance updates for Wave 3 on XP? AFAIK no they won't. Windows XP is very near the end of it's support with Microsoft and unless it's a huge security issue I doubt that you'll see any maintenance done on Wave 3. This is my opinion and is in no way official however. Colin Brown WL MVP "NewWorldMan" <NewWorldMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E52F439-F99A-443D-AE73-7D2470EE1EC2@microsoft.com... > I understand that Mi...

Publisher 98 with Windows XP
I recently upgraded from Windows 98 to XP. Now if I try to open one of my Publisher files, I get a message that "Publisher can't open from a previous version" What do I do? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Jim <jlong@persoma.com>... > I recently upgraded from Windows 98 to XP. Now if I try > to open one of my Publisher files, I get a message > that "Publisher can't open from a previous version" Try disabling Norton AntiVirus and trying again. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.o...

0.6445751 Look Inside Now For It ... 7.441938E-02
5.046564E-02 Look Inside Now For It ... 0.5911684 0.6445751 Now Visit http://www.clicklinknow.com/ss/ 7.441938E-02 ...

Digital rights media help! Windows Media Player Security won't upd
I am trying to use Overdrive Media console to listen to audiobooks, however you need to download windows media player security update. but everytime I try it says "windows media player has not been installed correctly" I've tried it with windows media player 10 and 11. both times it gives me the same message. I tried uninstalling it, but it only rollsback to windows media player 10. I've uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times, but get the same result. please help!!!!!!! ...

Where are all the Windows-7 newsgroups?
I can't find any - are there some? Right here: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7 Carlos "charles@farley.xxx" wrote: > > I can't find any - are there some? > > . > thats a web site if you need support newsgroups are essential websites are just not acceptable for professional support web sites are for marketing brochures and amateurs that want to learn how to use a keyboard. if microsoft are not going to provide professional support it seems my business has another reason to look at linux. ...

ie8 favorites class not registered
Using Win7 and IE8 Cannot save favorites because of "class not registered" error. None of my favorites URL works...they appear in the toolbar, but the URL does not work. Thanx -- www.jollymoon.com Anyone know the exact wording of Jollymoon's "class not registered" error? I'm sorry, Jollymoon, we're not able to guess. You're going to have to tell us. And while you're at it, be sure to offer any clues you might have about possible causes for your problem, since these things don't happen by themselves. Did you install Windows 7...

How to enable a window by mouse click?
Hi, In my program, a MDI program, I have a disabled view. I want to enable it when user clicks the view. I put EnableWindow in CChildFrame::OnMDIActivate(...) . It works. But I always get a 'Ding' noise when click the disabled view. Is there a way to remove the 'Ding' noise or I shall enable the view by other means? Thanks Jeff ...

Shortcut to change window fails
In Mac Office 2004, I can cycle through open windows with COMMAND+` (the unshifted ~ tilde key). This works in Entourage and Word, but recently it's stopped working after a while in Word, but resumes working after I quit and restart Word. Any ideas why it quits working? Office Help says COMMAND+F6 switches windows, but I've gotten used to COMMAND+tilde. I don't know where I learned that, but I can do it with one hand and prefer switching that way. Thanks. Hmm, a mystery. Go into Tools | Customize, Keyboard, select Window in the left column, find Next Window (or Prev Window) in...

Email system failure on a singlel Exchange 2003 server running Windows 2003 standard having message store issues
Have two servers running Exchange 2003. FS2 is PDC AND FS3 runs exchange 2003. We had a power failure and it corrupted the message store. The backup was also no good because of a hardware failure. Using the recovery storage group process, I was able to copy the existing edb, and stm files off the server, create a recovery storage group, move the recovery storage group files into the primary storage group area and get the users emailing again, but I have the corrupted message and streaming files and a bunch of log files. I ran eseutil /p /r and the files seem to be fine. Just to j...

SOAPFormatter produces SerializationException: An object cannot be registered twice.
I'm trying to write a preferences-handling infrastructure that serializes prefs to XML. Basically I want to read in a common "default" prefs set, then read in the user's prefs and override the defaults as appropriate. I'm trying to do them both using the SoapFormatter to [de]serialize. But when I try to read in the user's prefs after reading the defaults, both from similar Soap files, I get this exception: ---- System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: An object cannot be registered twice. at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.RegisterObjec...

Outlook Tasks #7
We have migrated our users over to Windows XP running Outlook 2002. Since this I am getting lots of calls saying that new Tasks are appearing under their Inbox. This isn't just happening when a new task is created, but can happen when a new mail is created. If you look at the tasks themselves they are all blank but are being numbered incrementally. Has anyone come across this before? KD ...

Windows Live as a Newsreader
Can I set up Windows Live as a Newsreader, and if so, how? Thanks in advance. Did you mean the Windows Live Mail program? If so, yes. Download it, install, run it, click on the Newsgroups icon. http://download.live.com/wlmail=20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "sheana" <sheana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:347DC7E3-3B91-4CBB-AE25-3C2D2BA248EB@microsoft.com... > Can I set up Windows Live as a Newsreader, and if so, how? Thanks in = advance. On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 11:35:...

Tasks, calendar and e-mail on the same window #3
I'd like to find an add-on template to Outlook 2003 that combines the 3 components of: Calendar, e-mail and tasks in the same window. I tried the FranklinCovey PlanPlus for Outlook which includes e-mail, notes and calendar, but not tasks. This add-on is getting close to what I'd consider as a good compromise, but with the addition of the Tasks it will allow me to be more productive. Any suggestions where I can find one like that will be very appriciated. Bruce C <BruceC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'd like to find an add-on template to Outlook 2003 that...