Syntax error, permission violation, or other nonspecific error when preparing a procedure call

We are sometimes getting "Syntax error, permission violation, or other
nonspecific error" when a stored procedure call is prepared. We are using
the SQL Server Native Client OLE DB provider with MS SQL Server 2008 R2 on
Windows Server 2003. The procedure call has one dynamic parameter because it
is executed multiple times. This is the actual reason why it is prepared.

Command: "EXEC P_MyProc 101, ?, 10, 0"

In detail, ICommandPrepare::Prepare() is failing. Preparing the command
seems to cause SQL Server to execute "exec
[MyDB].[sys].sp_procedure_params_100_rowset N'P_MyProc',1,NULL,NULL"
internally. Has someone an idea what is getting wrong? What is the best way
to avoid the error?

Thanks in advance!

Timo

0
Timo

Re: Address book import error
When importing a CSV address book I get an error msg after going through the setup and clicking the 'import' button. 'Error importing address book'. Some users on our network get this error, a small number are able to import successfully. Those who can import have a useable list of new addresses so the file does not appear corrupt. Are there any settings which could affect the import? Should it make a difference if 15 people are all trying to do the import at the same time since they are all importing separate copies of the file from their 'My Docs' folder? Phil Nee...

Odd error dialog
I have an Access app that uses Excel to format up and send short e- mails. This process is fraught with peril, because if Excel puts up a dialog box you're pretty much rebooting. I've managed to find most of the problem cases that would do this and eliminate them over time. However, on ONE USERS machine I'm getting an "error" I have never seen before. On MailEnvelope.Item.Send a dialog appears saying something like (sorry, no screen shot) "This document contains hidden columns that the recipient may be able to view. Send anyway?" There are no hidden columns. In...

Can't send/receive "You don't have appropriate permission"
Just yesterday I started receive an error when I try to send/receive from Outlook 2002 on my XP computer. It says "You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation." I only have one profile on the computer and can't figure out what to do. I even removed and reloaded microsoft office. any ideas? ? ...

timeout error with Outlook 2000
I just installed Outlook 2000 on my computer & it cannot connect w/ my e-mail server. It gives me a tcp/ip timeout error. Outlook Express works fine, and all the settings are the same between the two. I am running McAfee Virus Scan, but i have tried disabling it, and it still doesnt work. can someone help PLEASE!!!!!! ...

How necessary or accurate is error checking?
When using WMP11, how necessary or accurate is error checking the discs? Can it ever choose the glitchy/scratched/failed read and give you a copy of that? Thanks. It does what it can. I'd personally recommend it. You can try it yourself and see how you feel about the results. -- Speaking for myself only. See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. -- On 5/14/2010 11:41 PM, Brian V wrote: > When using WMP11, how necessary or accurate is error checking the discs? ...

Looking for a better way to handle errors
Hi all, Im looking for a better way to handle the exeption if you try to find a node that doesnt exists? It usualy breaks in a object exeption. Now i have to use the try en catch option.. Any other ideas??? thanks in advance greeting jj JJ wrote: > Im looking for a better way to handle the exeption if you try to find a > node that doesnt exists? C# pseudo code XmlNode node = someNode.FirstChild; if (node != null) { // use node here } You have not told use how exactly you "try to find a node" so the above is just one example of using the DOM to &quo...

Errors in application log at the begining of backups
I am getting the following error messages at the begining of our backup rotation every day since the server was stood up (error at the end of this thread). The system is an Exchange 2003 SP1 sitting on Windows 2003 (not sp1). This system only houses mailboxes (no Public folders). The backup is veritas netbackup 4.5. The backup completes successfully about 3 hours later and all log files are deleted as expected. Any thoughts? Event Type: Error Event Source: ESE BACKUP Event Category: Callback Event ID: 904 Date: 10/12/2005 Time: 11:08:47 PM User: N/A Computer: EATL0MS203 Descriptio...

RPC error #2
We had to replace a server (exch 5.5/NT 4.0) with a new server (EXCH 5.5/Wondows 2000) in the same site. I just noticed that the server does not replicate, and there are errors in the even log. An RPC communications error occurred. Unable to bind over RPC. Locality Table (LTAB) index: 72, NT/MTA error code:1722. Comms eror 1722, Bind error ), Remote server name nt-test [Main BASE 1 500%10] (14) Any idea how to fix the problem? I would appreciate any help. Check out: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323733 Also, you may want to test connectivity with RPCPing ...

Commom Dialog Error
Hi all. Yes I am using good ol VB6. Can anyone do this and see if you get the same result. The example taken straight from AllAPI example of bringing up the open\save dialog box. I create a little exe and run it on Winders XP and Vista and all works as expected. But if I run the exe on my Winders 7 64bit machine where VB6 is not installed the program goes straight to the msgbox saying cancelled was pressed. Is this a Winders 7 issue or a 64 bit issue. Any suggestion for a work around AllAPI Example Code Below Thanks Ivar Option Explicit Private Declare Function GetOpen...

Web Services Install Error GP2010
As the install is running, I encounter the error "The Security ID structure is invalid. (Exception from HRESULT:0x80070539) It is a new install of Web Services on Windows 2008 Server\SQL 2008 Server. The application account has DYNGROUP for Dynamics and company DB's. I since made it a dbo trying to get past error. It is a local account that I also granted local admin in an attempt to get to work. SQL and GP2010 are both on the same box. Nothing on customersource so any help would be appreciated. -- Ryan -- Ryan ...

SP1 Installation Error
I am trying to install GP Dynamics ver 10 on a new laptop. The OS is Vista Ultimate. Setup disk one installs fine, but whe I try to install SP1 I get this message: "Access to the path 'C:\Ptogram Files\Microsft Dynamics\dynamics.exe.config is denied." Any ideas how to resove this? Dear Mikewal It looks like you are facing security issues in Vista. Try running the SP1 by right clicking and then Run as Administrator. Try to do this despite the fact that you might be trying to install as Administrator. Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP "MikeWal" wrote: > I am ...

GetHttpConnection return Values : Error
Hi, I am new to vc++ and mfc. I am using the following calls to "Post" some data to the server. Which of these calls returns error (or false) if no server is present. I would appreciate if any one provides an example. CInternetSession session(_T("HttpClient Sample Program")); CHttpConnection *pCon = session.GetHttpConnection(ServerName, nPort) ; CHttpFile *pFile = pCon->OpenRequest (CHttpConnection::HTTP_VERB_POST,PATHNAME); pFile->SendRequestEx(Len); pFile->SendRequest(NULL, 0, SendData, Len); regards, Ram ...

Calling Java Program from a macro.
Hi, Can anyone tell me whether it is possible to call a java program from the macro in publisher. Thanks Mohan ...

syntax error in from clausule
I want to create a query based on a ODBC connection to a Ms-Access file. This file has tables linked via a Oracle SQL ODBC driver. I open the .mdb file by selecting (within Excel), Menu data, Menu Import external data, New database query and then select the MS-Access ODBC driver. Then I do have to possibility to open the Access file within Excel and select the columns I want to see but at the end the message "syntax error in from clausule" appears. This the query created by Microsoft Query. SELECT `300-Finding`.DATESUBMIT FROM `E:\70`.`Configuration mgt\70`.`40 TMT- Databa...

CRM 3.0 Authentication Error on CRM Server with Admin rights
I'm preparing to upgrade to CRM 4.0 and I've decided to reinstall this office as new environment. Server 1 is our domain controller. I've reinstalled the SBS2003 Server and updated to SP2 and all other updates. Server 2 is our SQL and CRM 3 server. On this server I've reinstalled Win2K3 Server for CRM and SQL and applied all SP's. On this server, I installed SQL2000 Ent Ed. and applied SP4 On this server, I installed MS-CRM 3.0 and Update Rollup 2 with no errors encountered. After doing all this, on the CRM Server I tried to access the CRM webpage, after a few second...

Exchange consistency check fails with error 30208
When I run a consistency check on exchange it fails with error 30208: Type: Consistency check Status: Failed Description: Data consistency check timed out for LOGS of Storage group Second Storage Group on MBX.exds.myname.org. (ID 30208 Details: Unspecified error (0x80004005)) End time: 12/14/2009 4:46:03 AM Start time: 12/13/2009 11:53:17 AM Time elapsed: 16:52:46 Data transferred: 1,110.46 MB Cluster node exds1.myname.org Source details: Second Storage Group Protection group: Exchange Items scanned: 107865 Items fixed: 565 This SG hasn't been backed up for 2 months an...

Error: Unable to display the folder. The Inbox folder cannot be found.
Gurus, Running Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003/2007. Some of our secretarial users are tasked to look into their bosses Inbox, Contacts and Tasks. They do this by way of clicking File > Open > Other Users Folder. Sometimes ths works and sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't work they get the error: "Unable to display the folder. The Inbox folder cannot be found". I've determined that this is not a rights issue as all concerned users do have the proper rights to their bosses mailbox of "Full Control" and "Read". Even when I try it against th...

Error when e-mailing spreadsheet
I have Windows 2000 Professional, MS Office Suite 2000. I have a spreadsheet in Excel. I click file, send to, receipent as an attachement, e-mail profile is Novell, I get a Windows Messaging Error--Cannot find object. What do I need to look at on this. I have tried reinstalling Office thru Add/Remove Software. Thanks Check out this Joan http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#Problems -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Joan" <jhpoythress@gdph.state.ga.us> wrote in message news:065701c39973$26b65c40$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I h...

repost: exch2003 error, please help
i have a simple installation: 2 windows 2003 servers acting as AD DC's (server01, server02). server01 is also the exchange server with exchange 2003 basic installed. everything seems to be working fine even though my event logs keep filling up with the same warning and error. the warning is: SMTP could not connect to the DNS server '199.5.0.30'. The protocol used was 'UDP'. It may be down or inaccessible. and the error is: SMTP could not connect to any DNS server. Either none are configured, or all are down. of course dns is up and running on both dc's and everythin...

FA Posting Error
Hi Guys When I post a batch in General Ledger that originated from Fixed Assets, I receive the error message "This source document is invalid; please select another" on my edit list. Version: GP 10.0 SP 4 Any help on this is higly appreciated. Regards Surya Hi Surya, This was caused by the original source document deleted in the company you're logged in. You can recreate the exact source document by retrieving the affected Journal Entry and (delete the values in the source document field) re-key in the values again, the add-on the fly feature of GP wi...

Error when trying to save data
Hello, This is a new CRM install on a Windows 2003 server. The problem is an error whenever we try to save any data. When checking from the server looks like this: Server Error in '/' Application. A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (crmFormSubmitXml="<systemuser><firstna..."). Description: Request Validation has detected a potentially dangerous client Can someone please send out the fix information "In detail" including links, and locations of files? Thanks, Mark Microsoft CRM is not designed to run on server 2003. ...

error on sending attachments in Outlook 2002
far too often, when sending email with attachments in Outlook 2002,SP3 installed, get error message-"unknown error" Outlook freezes -must use control-alt-del to close program- message is saved in drafts but when outlook is re-opened text of message is incomplete, although attachements are still attached. Use wireless card on laptop. Anyone help- very frustrating - naturally happens at worst times. Does it behave any differently if you disable your Anti Virus software? -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http:/...

In Overlapped received: error message
What does this message mean? It happens occasionally when opening outlook (after entering username and password). Error says: InOverlapped Received: ReadnBufferClearData() failed You click OK and it may come up a second time. Click OK again and outlook continues to load... I can't find this in the MS KB anywhere. It occured in Outlook 97 and it's occuring in Outlook 2000. ...

Outlook 2003 error: the operation failed. an object could be found
Trying to use Outlook 2003 as my email interface w/earthlink via dsl. Have imported the profile that works w/Outlook Express. Have downloaded and installed the profile auto configuration app from the earthlink site. Receive the following error message: "The operation failed. An object could not be found." Any help resolving this disconnect? Thanks Re- Create the profile manually and import your PST into the new profile. "dm" <dm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EFDB0D8C-53A1-4E6E-B039-6D8DAD34DC41@microsoft.com... > Trying to use Outloo...

XSL Error with document() function
Can someone please explain why this happens? The expected output is 3, but uncommenting line 7 makes the output 0. Why ??? VB.NET code: ** note the commented line, this is the culprit ** Dim xsl As New System.Xml.Xsl.XslTransform() Dim xw As New System.IO.StringWriter() Dim xmldoc As New System.Xml.XmlDocument() Dim xsldoc As New System.Xml.XmlDocument() xmldoc.Load("test.xml") xsldoc.Load("test.xsl") 'xsldoc.LoadXml(xsldoc.OuterXml) xsl.Load(xsldoc.CreateNavigator) xsl.Transform(xmldoc.CreateNa...