SSRS 2008 Pre-Gen Reports?

Many many years ago I used a product called Brio which had a
"broadcast server" configuration where a report template could be
specified, and then a script could be pointed against the report and a
data source and HTML output could be created; this output could then
be saved to a secured area. This gave the advantages-
1. Users would not have to be in the report security infrastructure at
all (authentication, authorization, etc).
2. The report generation was complex and slow, but showing the final
generated output was subsecond.
3. Reports were easy to email or archive or etc.

Is there a way to do that with SSRS? I have a single report with 4
parameters, I would like to "run each report" using a combination of
the parameter values, and automatically save the output. I only need
to run this once per day, so having the whole thing run overnight with
HTML or PDF or XLS output in the morning would be great.

All ideas appreciated - and if there is a managed newsgroup for SSRS,
I will direct my question there, please let me know.

Thanks.

0
SnapDive

Report layout
I am trying to make a report that shows a beginning balance and ends up with a balance at the end. This can be done if I am reporting month end balances, but my boss wants me to make a report showing categories balances, beginning with the beginning balance and ending with the actual ending balance of the checking account. Also one for the Income categories. Thanks for your help. Elaine Hansen I suggest you find a report that is close to what you want, then export it to a csv or text file (right-click anywhere on the report and select Export ir Export to Excel. There you can add what...

Crystal report wizard not available in excel
I've loaded Crystal Report 8.5 on my laptop and I'm trying to create a report out of a current Excel Spreadsheet, but the Crystal Report Wizard is not available for use. Any ideas on how I can fix this within Excel will be appreciated. ...

Same CR report with different databasename
I had create a lot of report in myTesting server. the SQL server named 'SQL-001' however, my client's SQL server is another name , now, I can't preview the report after publish the web.app to it server, Any simple method to solve it ? I don't want to re-write all the report under their server. Thanks a lot Hi Sze, Based on my understanding, you are facing the problem to get the data from the client SQL Server after you publish the report to the server. If I have misunderstood you, please feel free to let me know. A simple way to solve this issue is...

Crystal Reports options
Firstly, sorry for the slight off-topic - not sure where else to post this. I'm using Crystal Reports 10 that came with Visaul Studio to generate reports for my ASP.NET website, and I find it cumbersome and buggy. I'm considering either upgrading to the latest version (Crystal Reports 2008) or abandoning Crystal altogether. Question is this: is CR2008 better, faster and more stable than CR10 or is there a far better reporting solution out there that someone could recommend that wouldn't require massive effort to port to? One way to get CR to be slightly more reliabl...

RDC Crystal Reports integrated problem
I use Report Designer Component (RDC) in my program to allow user modify reports. I downloaded RDC Merge Modules for Crystal Reports XI Release 2 from BO. It is the zip file contains 4 files: * CrystalReports11_5_RDC_Designtime.msm * CrystalReports11_5_RDC_License.msm * CrystalReports11_5_RDC_Reportengine.msm * CrystalReports11_5_RDC_Runtime.msm I made a build and install but I got the error about license. So, I try to add all 4 merge modules and use the install serial (I bought the Developer Edition) for keycode property of CrystalReports11_5_RDC_License.msm. Unfortunately, ...

Generate New Report In Money 2004
My question is very simple. How do I generate a new report. I used the "Help" in Money 2004 & even went on the Web For the Money 2004 book. No place in there is a method to generate a new reprt from "scratch". It seems that the only way to do it is modify another report & save it. Any ideas? Thanks in advance....Marvo That is the only way to do it - find a report that is close to what you want; customise it and save it. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishe...

Error 0x8004210a. Sending and Recieving Reported Error
Please help I've just purchased some webspace and a pop3 e-mail account. When I try to set up my e-mail account in Outlook, I get the message above. A friend has tried to set them up on his machine, and has had no problems (he runs Windows XP). I have PC cillin (Virus Checker / Firewall), and I thought this might be causing the problem, so I disabled it and also completely uninstalled it, but I still get the message in Outlook when I set up the e-mail and Test it. I'm running Windows 2000. Thanks Neil ...

Report design in Microsoft CRM 3.0
We are trying to learn the report design methodology in MSCRM 3.0. I am using the supplied VPC image of MS CRM 3.0 with the Adventure Works data, which has the SQL SRS already installed on it. I have tried to install Visual Studio both into the image and onto the laptop that is running the image but have failed with both. It seems that it will install onto the image directly, and when it is installed onto the laptop which is running the image, I cannot connect to the image. Please can someone step me through the process of creating an environment for learning the report design skills...

Move CRM 3.0 Reporting Server
I currently have SRS installed on my CRM database server, and I would like to "move" the CRM reports to another SRS installation on another server. Does anyone have a good understanding of the steps required here? Can I just change the report server URL registry key on the CRM server to point to the new SRS server and use publishreports.exe to publish the CRM reports to the new SRS server? It must be more complicated than that - there must be permission settings, etc. to change on the new SRS server.. Any help would be appreciated!!! hi You might want to refer to this White...

Updating Form==>Query==>Report
I have a date form. It has 2 text boxes that pass starting and ending dates to a query to pull appts from that time period. If the report is left open and the dates change in the date from, I have to manually refresh the report. Is there a way that when I click off of the 2nd text box (ending date on date form) that the data updates when I click back on the open report that it all updates (Rpt.GetFocus = event) perhaps? The reason I ask is that the reports are pulled up evey hour and the operators would like the already open report to update once the form gets focus. This is...

Unable to edit custom dictionary within Word 2008
The first time I tried to edit my custom dictionary (I had accidentally entered a misspelled word) in Word 2008, the Edit button was available, but I was unable to click in and actually edit the list of words that came up. I temporarily gave up and resumed my spellcheck to finish the document. Then I tried again to edit the custom dictionary. Now the Edit button is dimmed, and the only way I can edit the custom dictionary is through the finder (by opening the file in a text editor). No matter which document I open or how many times I relaunch Word, this problem persists. Any suggestions? On...

Linking Form and Report
Good evening, I have a Main Entry Form for the entry of installation data. I have a Report set up to be used as an Audit tool. I would like to have the Audit Report pop up for review when the Save & Close button is depressed. The Form and the Report are linked by Folio No, unfortunately I have not been successful, when you push the Save & Close the form opens but its blank. I have checked the underlying tables and the data seems to be there. Is there something unusual about trying to attach a Report to a Form at all. Private Sub btnSaveRecord_Click() On Error GoTo Err_btnSa...

Use combo to print report between two sets of dates
I am trying to print a report that shows timesheet entries for two sets of dates. The report also prints out based on the data entry person selected. The user selects their name and then uses another combo box to select pre entered dates. My code is as follows: Private Sub cboDates_Click() Dim stDocName As String Dim FromDate As Date 'Name of criteria start timesheets date field. Dim ToDate As Date 'Name of criteria end timesheets date field. Dim FromOTDate As Date 'Name of criteria start OT date field. Dim ToOTDate As Date 'Name of criter...

Report can't print form field
My report heading contains a text box with the following data source: ="Transactions since " & Forms!frmPrintTran!txtDate The on-screen preview shows the date fine, but on printing, this textbox displays #Name? The form remains open during print. Happens with both Access 2002 and 2007, DB structure A2000. What gives here? Thanks. -- TedMi This usually happens when there is code in the On Close of the report that closes the form. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "tedmi" wrote: > My report heading contains a text box with the following data source: > ...

Create columnar report with field names once per page
I have learned out to create multi-columned Access Columnar Reports with the aid of the Report Wizard and altering the File>Page Setup... However I would like to generate a multi column report for several records but only list the Field Name titles once on the left hand side of the paper. Check out the KB article at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/208491/en-us. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Ch." wrote: > I have learned out to create multi-columned Access Columnar Reports with the > aid of the Report Wizard and altering the File>Page Setup... However I...

How can i configure a Crystal Report Viewer in microsoft access fo
Hello, I don't know if this is possible, I had Access 2003 and we want that our customer see their crystal reports in access, because their reports are configure with the same database and they don't want to open two programs Thanks for your help, i'm concern about this topic. ...

ActiveX control is not shown correctly in Access Reports print pre
Hi All, we are developing ActiveX control's to use in MS Access. The control works fine with Access form in design mode and running mode. But in case of reports the design mode shows the control correctly but when comes to print preview mode, the size and drawing on the control is not working properly. The same control works fine with Access 2002. The problem is found to be with Access 2000. We need to enable XP theme from UxTheme.dll(Microsoft provide) if theme is avaible in the system. The drawing of theme is alo goes wrong in Access 2000 reports print preview mode. please help ...

crystal report logon error - please check you have enough licenses
We are evaluating MS CRM and have installed CRM1.2 on Win 2K3 with AD, SQL Server, Exchange, IIS running on the same box. Everything seems fine except that when I try to access the CRM reports, I get an error "crystal report logon error.please check you have enough licenses". I've researched a good number of posting on the net before writing this but it seems that nothing is able to get reports to work. I would appreciate any suggestions or refferences. - Igor ...

Add remark to listed values of fields on report 05-24-07
I made a report with 6 subreports on it to show the total count of the variable values of 6 fields in a table. It's briefly illustrated as follows: Total No. of participant: 50 (Records in the table) Occupation Category: ( a Field in the table) Education 15 Medical 23 Business 12 Registration: ( a Field in the table) Email 18 Phone 12 Other 20 My boss wanted me to include a remark next to the count for the listed value of ea...

Odd data variances in sql and ssrs
Hi, Two issues: (I am using SSRS 2005) 1. I have a report that gives very different results for one grand total between the dev version and the desployed version. Same report, same stored procedure, but a differece of 20000 for this one total between the two versions. I even made sure that the report was being deployed to the report server by putting a text box that said "test" on the dev version. I had thought that perhaps I'd actually been deploying to a different folder by accident. But this "test" label appeared on the deployed version after I added ...

Pre-Windows 2000 Compatible Group
Hi, Can anybody tell me why we need to add the SQL Server Service Account and IIS Service Account to the "Pre-Windows 2000 Compatible Access Group" in the "Bultin" group of Active Directory? >From all my installation that I did, I added these services because the implementation guide saids to do it. If I don't add these services, everything seems OK to me. no errors or anything. Can anyone tell me why we need these steps? Thanks! DL you are safe to avoid using that group if your system still works fine. "DL" <darrenliu@gmail.com> wrote in messa...

Report to PDF 07-16-07
Where I can find the code from Lebans ReportToPDF? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200707/1 On Jul 16, 9:45 am, "vianda via AccessMonster.com" <u11700@uwe> wrote: > Where I can find the code from Lebans ReportToPDF? > > -- > Message posted via AccessMonster.comhttp://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200707/1 www.lebans.com Did you even try a search engine? -Kris ...

Win server 2008 and 200r2
I'm going to by a book to study windows server but unfortunally there aren't many dealing with R2. Is there a difference in the interface i.e. the changes are more 'under the hood' (a book about 2008 still makes sence)? rgds Lars Hello Regamoks, Yes, 2008 R2 has additional options but the basics are the same. See here about the changes: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd391932(WS.10).aspx Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Please do NOT email, o...

Registry on windows 2008
Hi all, With Windows 2003, I'm using HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run to lunch process each time the user log in. I tryed to create the same key at the same place with Windows 2008 but it doesn't work. How can I do the same with Windows 2008 ? Does the Run Key still exist ? Thank you, Olivier On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 08:45:02 -0700, OlivierT <OlivierT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >With Windows 2003, I'm using >HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run to lunch >proces...

Line spacing