SQL2008 and Access 2007 Data Project

I am have SQL 2008 and Microsoft office 2007.  I created a adp DB that
connects to a DB in  SQL 2008.  Everything seems fine but I can’t edit the
records in the Microsoft adp database.  I have full rights to the db so that
is not the issue and. In fact I go into SQL and edit the records without any
issues.  Another odd thing is I do have a command button set up that runs a
delete stored procedure in SQL and updates a table in SQL and this works
fine.
Has anyone ran into this problem and if so is  can you point me to the
solution?
Thanks
Andy

> Has anyone ran into this problem and if so is  can you point me to the
> solution?

Do you have a primary key on the tables?  IIRC, Access requires that every
table have a PK (or declared unique columns) in order for the table to be
updatable directly.

--
Hope this helps.

Dan Guzman
SQL Server MVP
http://weblogs.sqlteam.com/dang/

"AJOLSON" <AJOLSON@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am have SQL 2008 and Microsoft office 2007.  I created a adp DB that
> connects to a DB in  SQL 2008.  Everything seems fine but I can’t edit the
> records in the Microsoft adp database.  I have full rights to the db so
> that
> is not the issue and. In fact I go into SQL and edit the records without
> any
> issues.  Another odd thing is I do have a command button set up that runs
> delete stored procedure in SQL and updates a table in SQL and this works
> fine.
> Has anyone ran into this problem and if so is  can you point me to the
> solution?
> Thanks
> Andy

0
Dan

Money 2007 E-Pay
Noticed this morning when I was paying my bills this anomaly. Perhaps I am missing something. Scenario: Paying a credit card bill. In Money 2004 (my previous version of Money) I would use Credit Card as the category and in the subcategory use the particular credit card account I was paying. Worked great. Money 2007, there is a new category named Credit Cards/Transfer. When selecting this there are no payee categories listed. However further down the list is another category named Credit Card. Using Credit Card shows the various payees. Not sure what the difference is between Credit C...

PSTE should display Project name on Selection
When entering Time Sheets in PSTE the user selects the project in a drop down list. It would be a big improvement if the project name was displayed alongside the project number. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutio...

ANN: C# Online.NET Spanish Project
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE First Spanish-Language, Wiki-based, Online C# and .NET Reference at C# Online.NET Dallas, TX � A new concept in online references for Microsoft .NET programming languages is being pioneered by C# Online.NET�a new wiki-based, online C# and .NET reference. C# Online.NET offers documentation, tutorials, and C# source code examples for .NET languages beginning with the C# language. "Compared to Java," says Will Wagers, founder of C# Online.NET, "there is a dearth of online C# help." C# Online.NET is enlisting the aid of volunteer contributors to write ...

Passing data from one form to another

Nested schema bug? Project compiles, but doesn't read XML properly
We've run into an issue with VS2005 (at least I *think* it's an issue with Visual Studio) and one of our XML dataset schemas. We're trying to add a nested XML element to an existing element, but even though the project compiles fine, the XML document is not being read into a dataset properly. This is a trimmed-down sample of our current (working) XML document: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <AppMasterDataset xmlns="..."> <Aspects> <Key>...</Key> <Label>...</Label> <Aspect> ...

2007 calendar
How can I create a 1 page 2007 calendar in publisher? File, new, publications for print, calendars, select one, select yearly... click Change date range. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Angel" <Angel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7253E645-B0BA-4B90-BF7E-7083802EA379@microsoft.com... > How can I create a 1 page 2007 calendar in publisher? ...

making an equation in access
Hi, I would like to create a field that works out a formula based on other fields. i.e field z=field4, when field 1<field 2 - field 3 etc. Yes, it may be a silly question but I am only new to this....Thanks, Dani. Dani, recommend against creating a "field" in a table and storing this value. One of the generally accepted rules of relational database development is not to store a "computed" (any value that is based on the value of other fields in your database) value in the table. It is a waste of database space, and will eventually result in bad data (...

Help ! formatting data to text

VISIO 2007 -Text direction
can some one tell me how to change text to be type in vertically. Under tools, options there is no regional tab or under format text the change text direction command does not work. "kgbrat" <kgbrat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DBF18B5-E1C8-4493-8BEF-F7D4C1538781@microsoft.com... > can some one tell me how to change text to be type in vertically. Under > tools, options there is no regional tab or under format text the change > text > direction command does not work. You can use the Text Tool (The A with an circular arrow around it) and gr...

2007 License
I received a free Office SBA 2007 via an MS Partner Program as a download together with key There is no FPP, OEM or MLK designation. (The EULA in Word being dependant on the above) How can I determine if this is licensed to install on a second device, other than trying? - The PID? Contact the MS Partner Program? "DL" <notvalid@spoofaddress.co.uk> wrote in message news:uVA$w8lpKHA.4648@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... :I received a free Office SBA 2007 via an MS Partner Program as a download : together with key : There is no FPP, OEM or MLK designation. : (The EULA...

Project Server
I work with one resource pool for all my projects. I am feeling that my computer is becoming "heavy" to work with. Project Server would help to make faster? Is there any advantage if I work with Project Server only on my computer, specially if I need to make all kinds of reports? Txs, Silene Hi, IMHO, in short: No on all counts. -- Jan De Messemaeker Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professional +32 495 300 620 For availability check: http://users.online.be/prom-ade/Calendar.pdf "Silene" <sileneev@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:D425...

Office 2007 11-23-09
Of all the choices out there (community discussion, dashboard, live, etc.) how can I contact someone with input on Microsoft's software. For example, I want to know why any one would not display the most common commands on the HOME tab in Office 2007. Print, Save, Open, Close, Spell Check, Undo, etc. etc. etc. Yes, I know you can customize your own Toolbar, but not a beginner. How can I emphasize how important this is, I don't suppose you can customize the Tabs. I would like to ask someone why they can't get input from those of us who teach their products. ...

how do i recover data in publisher
i have been entering addresses to set up a mail merge. i cllicked the "ok" button in the window and lost all data . can i recover it Look in a folder in My Documents named "My Data Sources". Publisher data is saved as .mdb(Access) file. Did you try selecting "Edit Address List" in the Mailings and Catalog menu (Tools)? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "dee" <dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:690430F1-36DE-47EE-8B7D-DD12A096C075@microsoft.com... >i have been entering addresses to set up a mail merge. i cllicked ...

Using subtotals as single data entries
Sorry about the subject--I couldn't figure out how to describe it simply. I have a large file (16,000 records) of amounts billed by roughly 10,000 service providers. A number of these providers have multiple office locations, so each record is unique to a specific office location. In other words, a provider who billed from 3 different office locations will have 3 entries. Each provider has a unique provider ID number, which stays the same regardless of which office location he is billing from. I want to be able to subtotal the amount billed by each provider for all their office locations...

Using Risk+ with MSP 2007
We use Risk+ as a risk simulation tool. We have discovered that it works approximately 20 times SLOWER in MSP 2007 than MSP 2003. Has anyone else run into this problem. If so, is there a remedy? My hunch this not a generic issue, but surely best that you consult with the Risk+ people on this. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 02/03/10 18:08, Tom Mc wrote: > We use Risk+ as a risk simulation tool. We have discovered that it works > approximately 20 times SLOWER in MSP 2007 than MSP 2003. Has anyone else run > into this problem. If so, is there a remedy? W...

Personal.xls not hidden in Excel 2007?
Hi, When I open a spreadsheet in Excel 2007 my Personal.xls file opens too, in a separate window. (I get a separate "tab" in my task bar.) If I remember correctly from Excel 2003 the Personal.xls was actually hidden and didn't open, but the macros in it were made available to open worksheets. In any case, that is the behavior I would like. Is there a setting somewhere that makes the Personal.xls stay hidden? I've tried putting it in program files/.../xlstart and in application data/.../xlstart. I've also tried making it a .xlsb file. Thanks, Sam I haven't tried...

Access To Word Mailmerge
I have setup a Mailmerge that is run from Access. The process works like this: 1) The proper record is selected in an Access form which automatically starts the process. 2) Word is called up automatically, it shows both the template and the doument with the proper data in it. 3) Access is closed automatically. 4) The user then needs to close the mailmerge template. 5) The document with the proper mailmerge information inserted from Access is up on the screen. At this point a shortcut is triggered by the user that adds a document of the users choice to the end of the curre...