SQL Server Edition

Hi Experts

I have serveral SQL Server and many instances under each server. I have
problem in  finding what are the editions of each instance. I know the
following techs

1. SELECT SERVERPROPERTY('productversion'), SERVERPROPERTY ('productlevel'),
   SERVERPROPERTY ('edition')  (T-SQL and ADO)
2. select @@VERSION (T-SQL and ADO)
3. Using freeware  MAP
4. reading registry
5. Looking at the \LOG\errolog file

I have limitation is using this in our env. I am particularly expecting a
way to read from WMI. Can anyone forward me the script to read server name,
instance name, version and edition from WMI? or any other methods

Thanks in advance
--
Regards

Priw

Can I install MS Exchange server 2003 SP1 for Win XP?
I am trying to install Microsoft Dynamics in Win xp, it gives an error saying MS Exchange server 2003 SP1 has to be istalle first Can I go ahead and install SP1 for win XP ( THIS IS AN OFFLINE INSTALLTION RIGHT NOW I am not using Exchange server to get my Email) Let me know how to install the same and teh precaution I have to take Most of the errors expected are given for WIN 200 SERVER & 2003 SERVER IN TECHNET HENCE THIS QUESTION TO TYE COMMUNITY Regards Harish Sorry - not even a hint of an Outlook related question. Try a forum for = Microsoft Dynamics. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP ...

exchange server side rules not working
Hi there We are running Exchange 2003 on a Small Business Server computer. A couple of weeks ago server-side rules created in Outlook stopped working. For instance, one rule forwards all incoming messages to my BlackBerry, and though the rule itself hasn't changed, it no longer works. I can't find anything on the net about troubleshooting server-side rules on Exchange Server. I would appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction Best regards Loane On Sat, 8 Apr 2006 18:47:31 +0200, "Loane Sharp" <look_sharp_not@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi there >W...

SQL query from one excel worksheer to another one in the same book
Hi, I have an Excel book with 2 sheets. One of them is just a copy & paste table from Access (I mean, just columns with a header). The other one is a dynamic sheet that must be filled from the first sheet. I need to fill it with several conditions, say I want all data from column "user" but only if the user has "25" years. I was thinking about using an SQL query to that worksheet, which is in the same book as I pointed before, to get the data (and I can=B4t use Access). Can I do that? Thanks in advance. Vicente. Yes? Tim "Vicente" <uchan@ono.com>...

How do I jump to a previous page when editing
I am editing a document, I want to jump back to a previous page, several pages back, that I was working on but do not know the page number. Is there a short cut to do this? Ctrl+PageUp/PageDown take you to the top of the preceding/next page. -- Herb Tyson MS MVP Author of the Word Bible Blog: http://word.herbtyson.com Web: http://www.herbtyson.com "Wordsmith" <Wordsmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B562A85-0F22-432E-A6F6-23B669B50110@microsoft.com... > I am editing a document, I want to jump back to a previous page, several > pag...

Error, unable to connect to incoming server
I can't not receive mail from my server. I've contacted my internet provider and they said it was a software problem. Every time I changed my advanced settings and then log off of Outlook they change back to what they were when I go back into Outlook. Any advice? You probably have some anti-virus software that is changing your settings. Turn it off and see if that helps. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Mills" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0...

lotro gold in all eu server wowmmocom.com
http://www.wowmmocom.com The Lord of the Rings (EU)--Belegaer - 10 $: 10.49 --------------------------------------------------- The Lord of the Rings (EU)--Evernight - 10 $: 10.19 ------------------------------------------------------- The Lord of the Rings (EU)--Maiar - 10 $: 10.69 ---------------------------------------------------- The Lord of the Rings (EU)--Snowbourn - 10 $: 18.69 ----------------------------------------------------------- The Lord of the Rings (EU)--Eldar - 10 $: 10.25 ------------------------------------------------------ The Lord of the Rings (EU)-...

Handout master editing
Is there a way to resize the frames in the handout master to increase the size of the slide images so that they take up more of the page? -- Art No. You can use File | Send to Word and resize them in Word. Or you can use a handout add-in. There are two that I know of. http://billdilworth.mvps.org/SlideIntoWord.htm http://skp.mvps.org/how/ -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx ...

Exchange 2000 Keeps Sending the same Mail each time the Server is Restarted.... !
Hi Folks; I'm running Exchange 2000 and I recently sent out email to 5,600 people that belong to my website. The problem is, each time I re-start the server it sends out all those emails - again. I've re-started the server 4 times now over the last few weeks (due to Windows Updates etc) and each time it sends the same emails to the same 5,600 people. Needless to say, people are starting to wonder about me ;-) Does anyone know what would cause Exchange 2000 to do this? Thanks! Marvin Hi, Look in the SMTP queue folder to see if the message is saved there. Leif "Marvin Mill...

Forms, Fields, and Restricted Editing
[This post applies, at least, to Wd2007 and Wd2010.] If I use the content controls under the developer toolbar, I can restrict editing (also under the developer toolbar) so the user can just tab through the places he/she needs to enter information. On a different model, I can insert ASK fields and REF fields so that the user enters information in response to prompts, and the info becomes replicated at various places throughout the document. But it does not appear that I can restrict editing *and* use ASK and REF fields in an online form. So here's my problem: is it possible--...

Switch To... while calling COM Server
Hi, everybody I'm calling some third party COM Server function from my MFC application. This functions brings up some third party dialog. During this dialog display after 5-6 seconds the dialog "Switch To... The action cannot be completed....Server is busy.." appears. After I close this third party dialog, I have to click "Switch To..." and the rest is fine. Is it possible to figure which other processes are trying to reach this COM Server? How to avoid the appearance of this "Switch To..." dialog? Thank you, Alex "Alex" <alsim123@hotmail.c...

Model Database in SQL server
I was just wondering what this model database is for. I was setting up a maintenance plan for SQL server 2005, specifically transaction log backup schedule. And I selected "Dynamics", " master", "model", "msdb" respectively from specific database drop down box. And only a transaction log of model database gets backed up and I assumed it is because no transaction has been entered into the system yet. So, I was wondering why only transaction log of model database got backed up, even other databases do not get backed up. Please let me know, akio...

CRM1.2 web server
I am doing an install of Exchange Router in the same domain as the CRM server but I am STILL only seeing the default web site. I tried this earlier with a trusted domain in a seperate forest, this problem reveals to now not be the trust but because I haven't got the Exchange Router on the CRM server. It works on SBS when installing on one box, anyone know of any issues with respect to it seeing the right web server when doing a medium deployment? It prompts during router installation for crm server name and URL. This is definitely working. However regardless of this it looks like its po...

Pls Help synch with MS Exchange server b4 I screw things up
I'm using : Outlook 2002 Exchange server (MSES) 2000 PC#1: set up; doing fine PC#2: need to set up Outlook and synch with MSES w/o screwing up MSES or PC#1 I'm trying to synch 2 separate computers...eg email, contacts, calendar, tasks... Currently have everything working well on pc#1....now need to set up on #2 I'm unclear as to the synch process w/ MSES.. On PC #2 have set set up folders exactly like #1.. Should I do PST export from 1 and import to #2? then synch with MSES? Or not import, and just synch with MSES...(I don't want to delete my files on MSES by syching wit...

3rd party hosting e-mail with local Exchange Server
Good evening! I have a silly question. Here is the situation: A company has an internal Exchange Server (2003 Standard SP2) but also has a third party hosting their e-mail (MX record points to the third party hosting company). Outlook 2003 is configured with two profiles. The first one (default) is a POP3/SMTP profile that points to the hosting company (so, pop.company.com and smtp.company.com) and the second profile is the 'Exchange' profile. The storage location used to be a local "outlook.pst" but this has recently been changed to the user's mailbox. My que...

Building New SBS2008 Server Hardware Question
I am going to spec out a new server for a client who will be running SBS2008 Advanced. They may or may not running the SQL on that physical box. Not sure yet. They key thing they have been having a problem with in their current SBS2003 is I/O speed of the HDs. (I think something is not right with the controller) and now the machine is almost 5 years old. It's time to upgrade their 15 user network. So in your "dream world". What would you make sure you include in the hardware and how would you configure it, including virtualizations. The customer uses Dell ...

Programmatically Update a Form's Combo Box Default Value and SQL Record Source
I have one Sales Activity form that I use for data entry and for viewing all records by Sales Person (EmployeeID). Without having to have multiple instances of this form, I want to accomplish the below; based on which EmployeeID (sales person) opens the form in either mode: 1. For the data entry mode – I want the Combo Box’s Default Value to change, based on my user (EmployeeID); 2. Show All Records mode – I want the SQL record source to filter on that sales person’s records (EmployeeID) I’ve got some code for passwords, so I hope I can utilize that part of it; I just do not know how to do ...

Newline in an edit box
Can anyone tell me how I store a new line in a CString and then assign that to an edit box? Currently I have tried things like: CString sTmp("This is a \ Test"); or CString sTmp("This is a \nTest"); SetDlgItemText(IDC_EDIT_TEST, sTmp); but I keep getting | instead of a new line. Thanx John The One "The One" <TheOne@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:Xns940BCE9B9C2CTheOnenowhere@207.46.248.16... > Can anyone tell me how I store a new line in a CString and then assign that > to an edit box? Currently I have tried things like: > > CString sTm...

Smartlist Builder Smartlist based on new View in SQL 2008 with GP
Hi there, I created one smartlist based on a view in SQL 2008. Smartlist is ok and working fine with my user id and sa. But when I give security access to other users, they can see the Smartlist Option but when they click it they get error message that don't have rights to one of the table used in this smartlist. I also have given them Grants through SQL Server. But no effect. What is the problem? Naseer, Check my article on the subject at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2008/12/smartlist-builder-security-for-sql.html. It explains an issue similar to the one you are havin...

How do I check port assignments on a Exchange server
Hi, I have a client who has access to the internet through my network. The client would like to create a pop session so that he can download his e-mails from Yahoo to Outlook. My problem is that when I configure his Outlook client to retrieve mail I get an error that it cannot connect. I believe this is a port identification issue. Can anyone tell me how to check what port Exchange is using to send and retrieve mail? On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 16:36:02 -0700, awd <awd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I have a client who has access to the internet through my network. ...

Consolidation of Mail Servers
Hi, I have to replace 2 of 6 exchange 2003 mail servers with 1 new email server (so i would have 4 intotal at the end). I am planning to setup the new exchange 2003 server, add it to the organisation as a totally new mail server, then i am planning to move all resources/mailboxes from the 2 mail servers that i am taking out, and only after all resources are re-homed on the new server will i un-install exchange from them. Am I on the right track or am I missing something? Thanks, That sounds find, just make sure one of those servers that you are retiring was not the first Exchange ...

Leading and trailing spaces trimmed with SQL XML
Hi, I am inserting data into a table using xml bulk insert. One of the field is of string type and contains data with leading and trailing spaces. But on insert the spaces automatically trimmed off. Can you please tell me how to avoid this trimming of spaces, as i have to insert data using xml. EXEC sp_xml_preparedocument @hDoc OUTPUT, @InsertLines INSERT INTO tblLine WITH (TABLOCKX) ([Text]) SELECT [Text] FROM OPENXML (@hDoc, '/Lines/Line', 1) WITH ([Text] nvarchar(max)) EXEC sp_xml_removedocument @hDoc Thank you Frank bad_clone (bad_clone@hotmail.com) writes: ...

Figuring sql server version via code
Hi Is it possible to check in .net; 1. If sql server 2008 express is installed on a machine? 2. The name of sql server 2008 express instance or instances? 3. If a particular sql server 2008 express instance contains a specific database? Many Thanks Regards You can use several methods to enumerate SQL Server instances. Here are a couple: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/a6t1z9x2.aspx http://www.sqldbatips.com/showarticle.asp?ID=45 To determine whether a specific instance contains a certain database, you can connect to the instance's master databa...

PFMigrate and removal of last 5.5 Server #2
I setup a new 2003 server in a new AD with trust to the NT domain. I then created a new Exchange 2003 server in Co-Existence with the 5.5 server. I am preparing to remove my last/only 5.5 server. I used pfmigrate to replicate/move the folders to my 2003 server. The old server is currently off and has been off for a few weeks now. The replication setup is still there and building in size..not an issue as far as I am concerned. Here is my question. Do I have to bring up the old server to use PFMigrate to delete the pub folders on the old server before I remove the server from my co-existe...

The Excel menu bar (File, Edit, View, etc) Is nowhere and I can't seem to get it back!! HELP!!
Version: 2008 Processor: Intel I was doing an assignment for one of my classes and I managed to somehow delete the excel menu bar (top of screen the one with File, Edit, View, Format, Tools etc) I can't figure out how to get them back. PLEASE HELP ME!! I suck with computers. It would help if you'd describe exactly how you went about doing so... It's virtually impossible to do unless you manually remove each menu item from the Workbook Menu Bar one at a time. Try this; Control/Right-Click the Standard Toolbar & select Customize Menus & Toolbars from the contextua...