SQL Server 2005 Express Edition license

Hi

We are using SQL Server Express Edition in one ASP .NET web application
which will go live and accessed by users situated at different locations.
Number of concurrent users and database size of the application is well
within the specified limit of SQL Express server.
I am concerned about the licensing cost of SQL Server. I understand Express
edition is free.

Wanted to confirm that use of SQL Server Express edition will be free?

Thank you
Shailesh

Shailesh
Yes , it is free and I hope it will

"Shailesh" <Shailesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> We are using SQL Server Express Edition in one ASP .NET web application
> which will go live and accessed by users situated at different locations.
> Number of concurrent users and database size of the application is well
> within the specified limit of SQL Express server.
> I am concerned about the licensing cost of SQL Server. I understand
> Express
> edition is free.
>
> Wanted to confirm that use of SQL Server Express edition will be free?
>
> Thank you
> Shailesh

0
Uri

Licensing: per seat
We are running Exchange 5.5 on top of Windows 2000. A license error is showing up in the Application log. How can you tell how many licenses Exchange 5.5 has (per seat)? Open the licencing applet, normally in start -> programs->admin tools -> licencing then browse to the licening server, or the mail server. -dm "Jim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1365a01c443f5$bebb9730$a401280a@phx.gbl... > We are running Exchange 5.5 on top of Windows 2000. A > license error is showing up in the Application log. > > How can you tell ...

More flexible License manager
We have recently added a single Sales Professional License to our CRM installation but rather than be able to add a single license to our existing license count we had to first remove the old license and then add a new license with the existing count+1. This meant having to note down exactly what users currently had licenses, remove the old license, install new license and then individually re-add the license back to the user. We only have 14 users but if this were a bigger install it could become quiet tedious having to do this everytime we add a new license. ---------------- This po...

Server Information
When you go to set up your outlook what do you put for the server information it asks? it says something about POP3 an SMTP?? what are those???? The are servers that are responsible for holding the e-mail of many users (pop3) and routing from one company to another (smtp). What you put in each is what your internet service provider has provided to you when you signed up to access the internet. "LiL_mZ_mIsChEiF" <LiL_mZ_mIsChEiF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A07EF971-BD92-4EBD-8D3C-538B3277E459@microsoft.com... > When you go to set up your outlook w...

Word merge to Outlook Express
Using word and the Mail Merge Wizard, everything works fine wether I use an external or the word internal database. Then I get an error: "Either there is no default mail client or current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Outlook Express is my default mail client. When making oulook my mail client it works fine. I use outlook express, since I use it only for sendind and receiveing emails, and for that it is MUCH faster, etc. Any assistance is appreciated... I believe you'd have to be using Microsoft Outlook for this....not OE. chaim wrote: > Using word an...

Are there and Built-in Application Failover Technologies in .NET and/or Windows Server 2008 (or SQL Server)
Hi all A bit of a general question, hence the cross-posting. I have a .NET application running on a Windows Server 2008 server. For resilience, I want to run it on another server simultaneously, but only one instance of the application can be 'active' at any one time. In the event that the active instance of the application fails for some reason, I want the passive one to take over. What techniques are there available to make this an automatic process? Of course, I can roll my own, as it were, and I would be interested in how other people would implement a bespoke ...

outlook express 06-10-10
When I came home my outlook express didn't exist any more.Instead Windows Mail is installed.What is happening with my e mail adress?and all the rest? Please help me.I need to work C Outlook Express has never been on Vista. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Camilla" <info@camillahamm.com> wrote in message news:e%23z3iCLCLHA.5464@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > When I came home my outlook express didn't exist any more.Instead > Windows Mail is installed.What is happening with my e mail adress?and > all...

cannot open file 'mfc42.lib' in Visual Studio 2005
I am getting this linker error, "Cannot open file 'mfc42.lib' when attempting to compile a project in Visual Studio 2005. I assumed the problem is a library file compiled in Visual C++6.0. I cannot find the errant library file. Any ideas? Marathoner Was the project from VC6? Maybe check the project configuration - Linker/Input/Additional Dependencies or look at Linker/Command Line and see if the lib is explicitely included in the project. Mark -- Mark Salsbery Microsoft MVP - Visual C++ "marathoner" wrote: > I am getting this linker error, "Ca...

FTP server type mis-match
I am trying to use ftp from a windows host to another windows host. However, when I invoked it, I found the target host using unix syntax for ftp even tho it is a windows server, (which is why I kept getting syntax errors in my batch file). Why does the receiving windows server ftp think its a unix and how can I fix? Thanks in advance -- sacrlc "sacrlc" <sacrlc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FED5151C-FEC4-453B-95D6-A18A65A92B18@microsoft.com... >I am trying to use ftp from a windows host to another windows host. >However, > whe...

Compare differences in configurations in MS Project Server?
Good morning, We're switching over from a single developer model to a multi developer model for MS Project Server 2007. One concern is being able to compare the differences in configurations between development/test/production systems. For example, I've created a new Enterprise Custom Field on my development system and didn't make a note of it to recreate it in a test system. Is there a way to compare the systems to see any differences? I would assume we could compare the sql tables. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks, Jonathan -- jkullgren -...

Remote Desktop Services licensing
I am running windows small business server 2003. I need to run remote desktop services (terminal services). I understand that terminal services won't run on the SBS box and I have already purchased another server. The question I have is about licensing. I want the terminal services licensing to reside on the SBS box. Will it support the latest 2008 RDS licenses or do I need to buy windows 2003 terminal services licenses? If it is not possible to locate the terminal services licensing service on the SBS box, then can I locate the terminal services licensing service on th...

[ANN]: NNTP Server slowdowns
Hi All, For several days, we have been experiencing slowdowns in the Microsoft newsgroups. The combination of the recent waves of spam and viruses generated several issues that Microsoft teams are troubleshooting now. In the meantime, to help deal with the slowdowns, we are reducing our message archive from 90 days to 30 days for newsreaders (such as Outlook Express). To access discussions older than 30 days, you can use this page: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.ms px Sincerely, Microsoft Communities Team. Microsoft Corp. This posting is provide...

Outlook Express Inbox messages disappeared
All of the messages in my inbox "disappeared" after I changed to requesting a receipt for sent messages. I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it or not. The folder size in application/identities looks like everthing is there, it just doesn't show. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Lab4man <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > All of the messages in my inbox "disappeared" after I > changed to requesting a receipt for sent messages. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman BTW, I'm using Outlook Express ...

Outlook express crashes when switching accounts
I have a freshly loaded XP system which is current will all patches. Frequently when I attempt to switch to a different identity the outlook window disapears (as usual), I get the hour glass then a few seconds later the hour glass disappears but outlook express process also disappears. After this condition has occured, outlook express will not start unless I logoff or reboot. I attempt to launch, get the hour glass, then the hour glass disappears but no outlook express process or window. At no time is an error message or other anomolous behavior raised. ...

Large number of hits on Exchange server
We just stated a monitoring system on one of our Exchange servers (Exchange 2003, sp2). We have noticed that around 4:30pm and 10:30pm there are more than 1000 hits to the Exchange server. We do not have that many users connecting to this server and even with the conference rooms and public folders, the numbers do not reach to that much. What are the things that connect to the Exchange server? Our office close at 6pm and may be handfull of people log in after hours to check their emails. This server is only a stand alone server and it is not even a bridgehead server. Do the Dir...

Can not remove / uninstall exchange server from old machine.
Hello! We recently migrated our exchange organization from our old server to the new one. It was not an upgrade of any kind, just simply moving exchange2003 SP2 from one server to another. I went though all of the steps in KB822931 to remove the first exchange server 2003 computer from the administrative group with no success. Everything is FULLY transferred to the new server, all services, masters, mailboxes public folders etc. As a matter of fact the old one has even been off all week but I just can not get exchance to uninstall itself from it and get removed from the organizati...

Contact and licensing
If we have contacts only for external users, do we still need to acquire licensing for these users? Contacts do not require Exchange licenses. Nue "Jeremy" <jeremya@geniant.com> wrote in message news:ekEOVO4qGHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > If we have contacts only for external users, do we still need to acquire > licensing for these users? > ...

Exchange Server 2003
Hello Due to various infrastructure changes going on here, we're going to need to join our exchange server to a different domain to what it's currently connected to. Any ideas what to expect? The new active directory will be setup with all the existing users. Will it be just a case of changing the permissions on their mailboxes? Richard Hi Richard, Are you talking about a different domain in the same forest, or a different forest? If you move to a different forest, then you will have to start from scratch with the server. If you move to a different domain in the same for...

Exchange 2003 Server POP3 Service fails to bind on standalone domain
I have Exchange Server 2003 SP1 installed on a standalone server (there are other systems in the domain, but this is the only DC and only mail server). When I restart the server, the service starts, but the virtual server fails to start; a warning is posted in the Application Log: Event Type: Warning Event Source: POP3SVC Event Category: General Event ID: 1036 Computer: <omitted> Description: An error occurred while starting the Microsoft Exchange POP3 Service: server instance number 1 failed to start with error 0x80040a01. Data: 0000: 6f 01 51 00 o.Q. Error number 0x...

SBS Exchange can't "talk" to Server 2003 Exchange #3
I am having a problem getting two Exchange Servers to "talk" to eac other. They are on completely separate networks. They can only se each other over the Internet. One has Exchange 2003 running on a Server 2003 Enterprise machine. will call this "OLD". The other has the Exchange that is part of SB Server 2003. I will call this "NEW". OLD has always been able to send and receive all internal and externa email. I set up NEW and it is able to send and receive email internally an externally to everything EXCEPT it can't send to OLD. OLD can send to NEW,...

Why isnt my server connecting. If I have any more trouble with this passport I will just cancle all services I have buisness to tend to I am disabled with a 3yr old who wil
I am really looking forward to using your services but its getting late I am tired of playing games. I have been online with you for a couple of hours time is of essence. So please just let me know what the cost. Lets get on with it I have to still contact sss also my online bandking Time I have waisted on this passnet passport whatever is rediculouse. I love Microsoft everything so lets get moveing or I have to cancle I am running out of time. ...

"Program Error" after editing Notes in Outlook 2000
Has anyone seen a situation where Outlook 2000 crashes, presenting a "Program Error" dialog box, about 5-10 minutes after editing any item in Outlook Notes? I've had this happening quite reliably for a month or more; fortunately, I don't edit Notes too often. ...

Outlook on Terminal Server
lately I get "Outlook failed to start correctly last time.......Do you want to start Outlook in safe mode?" Regardles of whether I click on the YES or NO button, I get outlook to open properly. But this message persists everytime I opened Outlook. PS This also happens to all Terminal Server users. How can I remedy this? Thanks Raul Rego rrego@njpies.org I fixed this by deleting this key which must have accidentally gotten caught when the server was in install mode. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Terminal Server\Install\Software\MICROSOFT\O...

Update Query SQL Help
I am getting stuck on the SQL code to do this. What I want to do is Prompt a user for input a value for "City" on table "Shipping" and update the field City on table shipping to this new value. there is an ID feild that will always be set to 1. any help? "Bombay"wrote: >I am getting stuck on the SQL code to do this. > > What I want to do is Prompt a user for input a value for "City" on table > "Shipping" and update the field City on table shipping to this new value. > > there is an ID feild that will always be set to ...

Moving Exchange database to a new server while keeping the same server name
Ok, this part seems pretty straightforward: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822945 There's one catch in this environment. The old tech promoted the Exchange 2003 Server (running on Windows 2003 Server Standard) to a domain controller! And I of course don't want my new replacement Exchange server to be a DC. So my thoughts were, first of all, unplugging the existing Exchange Server. Then popping into ADSIEDIT, and removing its DC entries. I'm hoping this won't screw up the SID. Next, reset the computer account, join my new Exchange Server in w...

Exchange 2007 Mailbox server and Exchange 2007 CAS
Does a Exchange 2007 CAS server have to be in the same Active Directory site as the Exchange 2007 mailbox server? When I say site, I mean sites as defined in Sites and Services. I have a CAS server at our Colo site, and I haven't relocated our Exchange 2007 mailbox DR solution at the Colo yet. When I test OWA, OWA doesn't work. My understanding is that there needs to be a mailbox server at the Colo in addition to the CAS server. Yes? Thanks Ron On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 13:37:01 -0700, GoTrojans <GoTrojans@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does a Exch...