sql request to return port number

Hello,

I am looking a for request (probably on sys views or tables) that would
return the port number on which sql server is listening to (default is
1433).

Thanks for your help

0
Wilfrid

Hi
You can find this info in ERROR.LOG file

"Wilfrid" <grille11@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I am looking a for request (probably on sys views or tables) that would
> return the port number on which sql server is listening to (default is
> 1433).
>
> Thanks for your help

0
Uri
11/18/2009 1:44:48 PM
Hi,
Can it be requested via a select command?

"Uri Dimant" <urid@iscar.co.il> wrote in message
> Hi
> You can find this info in ERROR.LOG file
>

> "Wilfrid" <grille11@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am looking a for request (probably on sys views or tables) that would
>> return the port number on which sql server is listening to (default is
>> 1433).
>>
>> Thanks for your help

0
Wilfrid
11/18/2009 1:46:13 PM
For SQL2005 and above...

SELECT  local_tcp_port,*
FROM    sys.dm_exec_connections
WHERE  session_id = @@SPID
AND       net_transport = 'TCP'

hth,
AbbA

"Wilfrid" <grille11@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I am looking a for request (probably on sys views or tables) that would
> return the port number on which sql server is listening to (default is
> 1433).
>
> Thanks for your help

0
Abba
11/19/2009 5:09:38 AM
In SQL Server 2005 and onwards  you can use the script posetd by Abba

If you have SQL Server 2000
sp_readerror log calls the up so have a look at this:

http://vyaskn.tripod.com/sp_readerrorlog_undocumented.htm

> Hi,
> Can it be requested via a select command?
>

> "Uri Dimant" <urid@iscar.co.il> wrote in message
>> Hi
>> You can find this info in ERROR.LOG file
>>

>> "Wilfrid" <grille11@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I am looking a for request (probably on sys views or tables) that would
>>> return the port number on which sql server is listening to (default is
>>> 1433).
>>>
>>> Thanks for your help

0
Uri

Excel web query returns no data
When I enter a web addreess into IE it shows the page When I set up a web query in Excel it allows me to select the relevant tables, but then returns no data The same Excel query worked on previuous versions of Excel Web address for query http://www.bmreports.com/servlet/com.logica.neta.bwp_PanBM DataServlet?param1=T_CNQPS- 4&param2=&param3=&param4=&param5=2001-04-01&param6=* Any help appreciated ...

How to Replace Numbers with Phrases
-- Jerry ...

SQL Server Reporting Services Reports in Access
Using Access 2007 and SQL Server 2008. Is there a way to display SQL Server Reporting Services reports in Access 2007? If so, links to documentation/examples would be appreciated. -- AG Email: npATadhdataDOTcom Hi AG, No,there is no compatible interface for converting SSRS report to Access 2007 now.You may consider first export your SSRS report to an Excel file and then embed an OLE object "Microsoft Office Excel 97-2003 Worksheet". If you only need the data, you can directly import data from Excel to your Access database. Best regards, Charles Wa...

Amazing Problem in AllocPhysMem wince 6.0
Hi I am writing a Port Driver for x86 platform in WinCE 6.0. I want to allocate virtual and equivalent physical memory in driver and mapped it to USER mode to use application. For that I used AllocPhysMem in driver and passed that address through IOCTL calls but i cant use that virtual and physical address in application side. Because AllocPhysMem returns Error Code as 0x57 (meaning Parameter incorrect). But the same code is working in WinCe 5.0. My code snippet is, VirAddress = (LPVOID)AllocPhysMem(32, PAGE_READWRITE|PAGE_NOCACHE, 0, ...

Third request for help with Payables Error message!
Ok I have posted this for the third time with no response! I need help to know if there is any kind of issue on the back end of our environment. If someone could help it would be greatly appreciated! We are currently running GP 10 SP1 and apparently since version 8 (we did not upgrade to 9) there has been the following error message while launching a transaction out of Smartlist, when we go to inquiry for AP documents, and drill down of PMTRX & PMCHK from the JE inquiry view: Unhandeled Script Exception: Index 0 array of 'PM_Transaction_Inquiry_Fill' Script terminated We ran a ...

can lookup return cell reference istead of "text" for sumif?
I am trying to use a lookup-function to determine a different sum range for several criteria. Like so: =Sumif($A$7:$A$1447;"<"&X3;vlookup(e3;AT3:AU11;2;false)-Sumif($A$7:$A $1447;"<"&y3;vlookup(e3;AT3:AU11;2;false) The problem is that the vlookup returns text and not the cell reference. Is there a way to get the answer from the lookup expressed as cell reference instead of text, since sumif can't use text, just the cell reference? I use it to calculate the number of hours the staff should be paid, so it's different from weekdays to saturdays, holidays...

conditional sum returns not expected
Hi all. Using xl xp pro Here is conditional sum formula =SUM(IF(FAR_All_Data!$B$2:$B$1622=C$2,IF(FAR_All_Data!$B$2:$B$1622=C$3,IF(FAR_All_Data!$A$2:$A$1622=$A5,FAR_All_Data!$D$2:$D$1622,0),0),0)) Sorry about the wrapping. Where C$2 = 7001.4500 Where C$3 = 7001.4501 Where $A5 = 54608001 Where Far_All_Data! contains data, all ref's verified However, all formulas return 0.00. As I copy down the formula Col (54608001) udates ...002, 003, 004, etc... Sometimes the expected result is 0.00 other times value should b greater than 0 Not sure how to read the formula. Does it say if, or, and? ...

Custom header numbering
Hi all, I have a question about formatting Header numbering throughout a new document (Word 2007). I'm trying to do the following: Heading 1 1.0 Heading 2 1.1 Heading 2 1.1.0 Heading 3 1.1.1 Heading 3 Heading 1 2.0 Heading 2 2.1 Heading 2 2.1.0 Heading 3 ... So it's an outline numbered / multilevel list, where Heading 1 has no numbering, and Heading 2 restarts numbering after a Heading 1 is used. I haven't been able to figure this one out for myselve. Can anyone help me on this one? Regards, Bert -- Neron Follow the instructions at ...

How to assign unique number to column duplicates?
Hi All, I need to assign a unique number to a set of duplicates all in one column in Excel 2007. so columnA will has about 9000 numbers, some of them unique, and others are duplicates of 2-4 approx. I used to conditional formatting to show which are duplicates, but need to be able to assign a unique number to each set duplicates, that will be in sequential order... e.g. ColumnA ColumnB(unique ID) 01233 0001 01233 0001 01234 - 01255 0002 01255 0002 etc.... Any ideas please? I don't know how to do programming, just form...

sorting numbers #5
Hi were have problems in sorting out our inventory item numbers. We have over 15,000 item numbers that can't be changed or zeros deleted. The problem is when there are zeros in the item number. Excell sort CA0002 CA00020 CA0021 CA02 CA021 CA02C Needs to be CA0002 CA02 CA02C CA00020 CA0021 CA021 Thanks Darkjedi -- darkjedi ------------------------------------------------------------------------ darkjedi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29153 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=488748 Since I didn't re...

Get Start date of Week number and Year
I’d like to build the following expression in my query GetStartWeekNumber(DatePart("ww",[EnteredDate]), Year([EnteredDate])) So if EnteredDate = 11/3/2009 the function would return 11/1/2009 But GetStartWeekNumber does not exist as an Access Built-In Function. Is there another way to do this as an expression in a query? I’m not familiar with creating my own functions. Thanks. That would depend on how you define the start of the week... One option would be to get the day-of-week number of the date (in my system/setup, Monday is day 2), then subtract one less than that...

Port 80
hi, Does anyone know if MS CRM can run in a port different than 80??? Thanks Yes. I have set it to run on SSL ports. It is controlled in the Host Header settings of IIS. Pierre Hulsebus EHTC.com hi, It can run on any available port. You set this in the IIS. We use 8083. Regards, Nathan "Fred Caldera" wrote: > hi, > Does anyone know if MS CRM can run in a port different than 80??? > Thanks ...

Editing more than 1 table at a time with SQL.
Say I have two tables in a DB called TABLE1, and TABLE2. TABLE1 [IDNUMBER] [FIRSTNAME] 1 Ryan 2 Jennifer 3 Monica TABLE2 [IDNUMBER] [LASTNAME] 1 Johnson 2 Snipes 3 Smith My question is would I be able to use SQL in code to Edit, Delete or Insert data to both tables in one string rather than one table at a time? For instance what if I want to change both tables with a [IDNUMBER] = 2 to a [IDNUMBER] = 4, OR change the ...

Upgrading from Great Plains 7 (SQL) to Great Plains 8
When upgrading from Great Plains 7 to Great Plains 8 will all dexterity and other supported customizations be persisted? I would doubt it since some there were changes in some of the tables. I know that some of our customized reports, specifically Purchase Orders and most of the documents in Sales Order Processing that we customized had to be redone. "GaryG" wrote: > When upgrading from Great Plains 7 to Great Plains 8 will all dexterity and > other supported customizations be persisted? Hi If you have had any bespoke work added to your v7 GP, you will need to up...

I am having trouble keeping numbers formatted in a Pivot Table
I have a pivot table that won't stay formatted. The data is formatted as currency in the worksheet that the Pivot Table is drawing off of. It shows up as a general number in the Pivot. I've tried formatting it in the Pivot but it doesn't stay when I refresh the data. "Preserve formatting" is checked on the Pivot table, so it SHOULD be preserving any formatting I apply to the pivot table, but that doesn't seem to be happening. I know I could record a macro to format this, but it is happening on multiple Pivot tables in the same workbook and that would be a pain ...

False number of unread messages
For the last week or so my folders list shows one unread message in my Inbox, but there are none. Anyone know how I can correct this please? "Ayrhead" <Ayrhead@discussions.com> wrote in message news:61EED10D-B8A6-4293-A60D-540E9E90C446@microsoft.com... > For the last week or so my folders list shows one unread message in my > Inbox, > but there are none. Anyone know how I can correct this please? View menu>current view>disable group messages by conversation should reveal the missing message. -- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK. ht...

Re: limit numbers of connections to one server
hi there :-) my pop3 server is limited to 10 query per sec. and per ip. i have abou 16 mail-accounts on this server. the last 6 allways error with timeou or something. is there a way to limit the number of connections to one server i outlook 2002 on windows xp pro? thanks a lo - jazzy_ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message674073.htm Set your send/receive settings to consecutive mail checks, rather than conc...

Summing with a range of number
Hey Everyone, I have a question about summing via ranges. I am trying to write macro and have hit a bump. Here is the scenario. I have a 2 columns of data (A&B). Column B i sorted in ascending order. Now I have ranges of data in column A that need to sum. Lets say in column B I need all numbers from 100 to 300 From 100 to 300 I need the totals in column A to sum at the last numbe that is less than 300 but greater than 100. I would like the sum to b in colum C for the totals of column A within the ranges of column B. hope that makes sense. If not ask for clarification or I will try an...

Add times and genral numbers
I have a spread sheet that calculates a score based on the time to finish an event PLUS points scored during the event. Currently I enter the times as seconds (general number Eg 2 minutes = 120. This allows for easy adding of time and points. Each second of event time counts as 1 point. Eg 2 Minutes 30 Seconds is 150 points PLUS 50 points scored during event for a total of 200 points. I want to be able to add times in the correct format. Eg 2:30 for 2 minutes 30 seconds instead of using 150 seconds (actually I would prefer 2.30 for speed) How can I do this to allow for adding a time of 2:3...

Return Primary Key
Hey there I have an access db with multiple tables linked together with primary keys. I need to populate this db from excel. Is it possible to upload a record to a parent table, have the primary key for that record returned, and then used when uploading records to the child tables. I am fairly new at working with VBA, and any help would be highly appreciated. Regards Lasca, There are lots of ways to do this but this works well. Create an Interface table in Access that contains all the necessary columns for each of the parent and child tables. Create a query that will...

How can I keep my numbering system consecutive when I sort?
I have created a spread sheet with a numbering system. I would like it to be permanently consecutive when I do a sort...is there a way to create a permanent row that is not affected when I sort the rest of the document? One way: Say your row #1 starts on Row5. In A5 enter: =ROWS($1:1) And copy down as needed. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "duchess_2" <duchess_2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:290570A8-5847-40...

XmlDocument.SelectNodes returning zero nodes
XML Sample 1 : - <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!-- edited with XMLSPY v5 U (http://www.xmlspy.com) by PHS Group plc (PHS Group plc) --> <EntityConfiguration xmlns="x-schema:C:/QuantivProjects/QuantivT/Scheme/QuantivBase/QTVConfiguration/EntityConfiguration.xdr" xmlns:dt="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:datatypes"> <MajorVersion>1</MajorVersion> <MinorVersion>0</MinorVersion> <EntityDef> <EntityClassId>601</EntityClassId> <EntityClassRef>Customer</EntityClassRef> etc. XML...

Caption Numbering connected with various heading styles
I am working on a document with many (100+) figures with captions that are located in various chapters, sections and subsections. I don't have a problem numbering the caption automatically with the appropriate heading level but when I adjust the caption heading level in the caption dialog box (e.g. from H3 to H4) all of my previously created H3 headings are changed to H4 level headings. In shorter documents I have simply gone back and adjusted the \s 4 to \s 3 (or as appropriate) after completing the document but that is getting rather tedious with the large number of figures...

NEED HELP/SQL UPGRADE/PLEASE!
Tried to upgrade to 2.0 last night, and am running into a major difficulty getting SO Admin to talk to SQL Server 2005. My error message is "SQL Server does not exist or access denied. Connection open (Connect())" I have been on the phone with Microsoft Tech Support for most of the day (and we have been running the store without a computer, which is no mean feat). Have installed and removed SQL 2005 several times, checked to make sure everything is running and started, that everything that is supposed to be is enabled.....any insights out there? By the way, it would be a goo...

International Phone Numbers #2
Just a suggestion, but I think that there should be some sort of option to set up a customer as domestic or international, and for the Customer/Vendor card to reflect this. What I mean is that when you have an international phone number, the phone number fields should change to be able to accept international numbers, with a space for the country code. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the butto...