Querying the word "automatic"

I have a table with approximately 80,000 records.  I've created a full text
index on the table with the following statement:

CREATE FULLTEXT INDEX ON AdsAuto
(
StockNumber,
YearText,
Make,
Model,
Trim,
Transmission,
ExteriorColor,
Description,
Equipment,
FullTextKeywords,
VIN,
AdCode
)
KEY INDEX PK_AdsAuto ON TraderCatalog
WITH CHANGE_TRACKING AUTO

This query takes 13 seconds to run:
SELECT ID, Year, Make, Model, Description
FROM AdsAuto
WHERE  CONTAINS(AdsAuto.*, '"automatic*"')

This query takes 2 seconds to run:
SELECT ID, Year, Make, Model, Description
FROM AdsAuto
WHERE  CONTAINS(AdsAuto.*, '"auto*"')

Why does searching for the word "automatic" take so long to run?  Any other
word takes only 2 seconds for the search and using a partial match like
"auto*" is fast.  I've also tried searching the fields individually by using
this query:

SELECT ID, Year, Make, Model, Description
FROM AdsAuto
WHERE  CONTAINS(AdsAuto.Transmission, '"automatic*"')

This is also very fast.  Searching any of the individual fields for the word
"automatic" is just as fast, but when searching AdsAuto.*, it dogs the server.
Execution plans are the same when searching for "automatic*" vs. "auto*".  I
cannot find the cause of the slow search.

automatically add date to email #2
Is there a way to add a date code to an email so it automatically grabs the date from the computer system. Thanks, ddlaz The header/properties of the msg will have both date and time appended, or are you saying you want to add the date to the body of your msg? "ddlaz" <ddlaz@comcast.net> wrote in message news:5uudnfiurtYf9PzfRVn-sw@comcast.com... > Is there a way to add a date code to an email so it automatically grabs the > date from the computer system. > Thanks, ddlaz > > Will setting the date in the header allow the date to automatically display eac...

automatic addresses in to:,cc: and bcc: fields, how to edit, delete, etc.
I don't know what it is called, but when you go to enter the names in the To, CC, and BCC in Outlook they automatically pop up. Very nice option. For example, when I go to write Tara Lewis. I write Tara and it finds the rest and pops/fills in the field. Well, this name is in a list somewhere. Where is this list, what is it called? And this list is not the same as "contacts." I'm trying to find out how to delete, edit, change, add in this list. For example. My friend Brian has two entries. One correct and one incorrect, spelled Brain. So when I write B - R it puts u...

Automatically include new code.
It would be nice to have a dex.ini option to have the system not prompt when including code from a new (or updated) chunk file. This way we could push updates to our clients and not deal with the support calls (which we'll get even if we send out an email ahead of time telling them to click "yes" when prompted). ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open ...

Outlook Shuts Down Automaticly
I click on the Outlook 2003 icon, Outlook opens and I see my in-box and then it imediatly closes. I have reinstalled Outlook 2003 twice and it still happens. Mike C. ...

Run macro automatically.

automatically open outlook after booting
In Win 98, my Outlook would automatically open up after boot up. How do I get Outllok to open on boot up in XP Pro? Add a shortcut to Outlook to your Startup group under Start | All Programs... Just drag and drop the shortcut to that group. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "ron@tbep.org" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1519c01c3c407$332d2e40$a601280a@phx.gbl....

problem with automatic forward
hello i have recently upgrade win2000/exch5.5 with Win2003 and Exchange Server 2003 we have another server as SMTP gateway (as smarthost in SMTP connector options) i have created some contacts with external e-mail address for some users to leave messages both in mailbox and forward address Autoatic Forward doesn't work (it works only with internal address) all messages to external address remain in SMTP connector Queue please, have you any idea ?? thank you ...

automatically update the pivot table
I am using excel 2003 How can I update the pivot table automatically when I open the workboolk ? Thanks -- eva cheng eva... you can try with this link http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=80 "eva cheng" wrote: > I am using excel 2003 > > How can I update the pivot table automatically when I open the workboolk ? > > Thanks > -- > eva cheng eva cheng wrote: >I am using excel 2003 > >How can I update the pivot table automatically when I open the workboolk ? > >Thanks Pivot Table Options> Da...

Automatically saving email
Does anyone know if it is possible to automatically save email address of out going messages in Outlook 2003 (IMAP). I know this function exists in Outlook express. Louise <someone@microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know if it is possible to automatically save email > address of out going messages in Outlook 2003 (IMAP). I know this > function exists in Outlook express. See if this helps: http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/autoaddrecip.htm -- Brian Tillman > See if this helps: http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/autoaddrecip.htm I'm not really familiar with usin...

Automatically adding data between two dates.
I need to populate a series of rows between a start date and an end date. I am trying to analyze a group of monthly gas bills (84 in all) that randomly start and end on different dates. To complicate things the duration of the "days billed" change from month-to-month; -Some bills within the same month can span 26 days while others may be 35 days long. What I would like to do is populate a querie that has columns for the meter#, date, and average cost per day. Once populated I could sort out the date(s) that I need to look at. I have the data entered in a table t...

How can I turn off the automatic ordering of the data in Pivot Cha
I have some data, which I would like to rearrange in the chart, but it's automatically re-ordering it. I have tried manually re-ordering the data, but that's not helping. The Pivot chart seems to automatically override what order I put the data in, and charting it as it wants. I have tried unchecking the Automatic Formatting, but no change. Help? ...

Access the "automatically suggest a name to enter" data ?
When typing in a name in a new e-mail, Outlook automatically suggests a name to enter, and I like this. However, I have many in there that I would like to add to my contacts. At present I do not want to type in "a" and then sellect one, then add it to my Outlook contacts etc and then repeat all they way through to "Z" Other than doing this ONE at a time, is there another way? Thanks You can't even add them one at a time the way you suggest. You can only add your autocompletion cache to your Contacts using third party software. http://www.ingressor.com/deskt...

Export Automatic Completion Cache
Is there any way to export the automatic completion cache of the To: field in Outlook 2002? It would then be re- imported into Outlook 2002 contacts. Yes and no. The cache isn't based on your contacts, it's based on what you type when you send emails. As you enter address in the To: filed the are remembered. So, you could copy the cache from one machine to another if you wanted, but you couldn't import it into Contacts. If you want to copy it from machine to machine, with Outlook closed search your computer for "outlook.nk2" (sans quotes). It's a hidden file, ...

Automatic junking and IMAP in Outlook 2003
My account just got migrated from an POP3 to an IMAP account, and as such the junk email settings doesn't seem to work anymore, Outlook 2003 has stopped moving the junkmail it detects into the Junk E- Mail folder. I've set Outlook to automatically download all messages. Kinda annoying, looking into getting the account moved back as a POP3 account so it works, since I installed 2003, it's caught 99% of all my junkmail. ´┐Żystein it's working here - but I get headers then mark for download and the junk is moved to junk mail on download. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] A...

Move equations from line to line automatically
I need to create a excel template to import information into a MRP system. Specificelly for cabinet doors Pricing is done by the square foot so I need to keep trac of the total price. The problem is the order can be as little as one door or it can be thousands of doors. I would like to see HEIGHT WIDTH STYLE QUANTITY SQ FT PRICE TOTAL So that the total would always appear below the last door entered. I am using Office 2003.Is this possible? You can do it either of two ways: the easy way, or the slig...

How do I keep text from automatically filling in another text box
When I fill in a text box, the same text automatically appears in another text box. I don't want that to happen. I want each box to be filled independently. Thank you. Click in the test box that you don'e want the text to continue and then click the "broken chain link." "Chicago" <Chicago@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C5E740A-1C10-4DAC-9B78-ED2898E9EEEE@microsoft.com... > When I fill in a text box, the same text automatically appears in another > text box. I don't want that to happen. I want each box to be filled > in...

Automatically insert date and time in a side note
I know I can insert the current date and time in a note or side not by using sft+alt+f but would like to automate this so that the current date and time are automatically inserted into a side note when I create one by pressing the windows key + n. ...

Automatic Workflow
Issue 1: How can I make a simple workflow that says if there is any change on a lead, it will email a user? Issue 2: I created another simple rule as the system administrator on creation of a new phone call, I create a new phone call for a lead as a system administrator and owner of the lead, in the workflow monitor it says paused on the summary page but when I go to view all-type phone call the log is blank. Do you have to apply a manual rule everytime you want it to run for every lead for instance or do you just apply it one time and it keeps applying it for all new leads? 2) Manua...

Freeze panes automatically freezes at r14 when I highlight r1?
When I highlight row 1 and click freeze panes, it automatically freezes at row 14 and column B. I don't want that, I want only row 1 to be frozen. Is this a quirk in Excel 2000? Please help! Thanks Christene Excel freezes above, and/or to the left of, the selection. If you select cell A2, or row 2, row 1 will be frozen. If you select cell B1, or column B, column A will be frozen. If you select cell B2, row 1 and column A will be frozen When you select row 1, which has nothing above it, Excel "helps" you by freezing near the centre of the window. Christene wrote: > Whe...

Run Macro Automatically When Excel 2003 Opens
!!! HELP PLEASE !!!!! I have a password protected MS Excel 2003 spreadsheet with several Pivot Tables and numerous tabs collecting and displaying data based on these Pivot Tables. Specific individuals can open this MS Excel 2003 file for updates using a password and others simply open the file in "Read Only" mode. I have seven (7) Pivot Tables I need to have refreshed each time the MS Excel 2003 file opens. I created a macro called "RefreshAllPivotTables" in This Workbook. The macro goes to each of the Pivot Tables and refreshes the linked data wh...

How to put in alphabetic list automatically in Excel Spreadsheet?
I am cataloging my DVD's and would like to know how to put the list into alphabetical order once they are on the spreadsheet. I have the list created, but cannot for the life of me remember how to do it, if it is possible that is!! Yes, it has been a long time between uses of the application. Many thanks for any help anyone can offer. Helen :-) Boom wrote on Tue, 11 Jul 2006 03:16:02 -0700: BSL> I am cataloging my DVD's and would like to know how to put BSL> the list into alphabetical order once they are on the BSL> spreadsheet. I have the list created, but cannot for...

Automatic Row Shading
Is there a way to shade every other rown in a spreadhseet besides selecting each row while holding ctrl down? Just looking for a shortcut to do this. Seems someone at MS would have thought of an easy way to format the spreadsheet in this manner and I am just to dumb to figure it out. TIA Hi Use conditional formatting. Select the area to be shaded, select format menu, conditional formatting, Formula is and enter formula =IF(MOD(ROW(),2)=0,TRUE,FALSE) to shade even # rows or =IF(MOD(ROW(),2)=1,TRUE,FALSE) to shade odd # rows and select the color by clicking for...

Data Validation/Drop down list automatic update
Just a note: The hardest thing about posting a message is choosing a good subject! Well here's what I have and what i want to do. Have: XL2002 (Office XP Professional) I am using drop down lists with data validation. When I change the names in the list, how can get excel to automatically update the drop down lists. for example: list 1 Harold Gina David If I select Harold from the drop down list and then go back and change the name Harold to Jimmy, the drop down list still says Harold. I would like it to automatically change to Jimmy. Since I am not well versed in VBA, a simple to u...

automatically fulfill kit components
We use kit items that are made up of a product and a labor cost. If an order is entered and the product is not in stock, the kit and all its components will go on backorder. The product gets linked to a purchase order and when that is received in, the product gets fulfilled but the labor portion remains on backorder. This causes several problems: it doesn't print on the pick ticket, it isn't added to the cost of the kit, and it doesn't transfer to the invoice leaving sales orders open after they should be closed. There needs to be a way for unlinked kit components to automa...

Generate increment numbers automatically
I have a table for employment contracts. I have field for Autonumber. This field gives the autonumber for the number of contracts. The fields are CID (Autonumber),ENO (Employee number, lookup wizard), C_NO(Contract number). One employee can have more than one contract as a new contract will be issued to him/her at the expiry of the contract. In such case, I would like to C_NO, increment by itself and it should be automated. I know it can be done, by writing a macro. Can anyone help on this please. Sangeetha, Not sure I understand your setup, but... assuming the C_No is a L...