Query Parser Access

Hi,

Does a SQL Server admin have any kind of access to the server's T-SQL
parsing engine?  I'd like to parse, say, a stored procedure for its tokens
(keywords, identifiers, etc.) so I can build an index of its tokens.

--
Thank you,

Daniel Jameson
SQL Server DBA
Children's Oncology Group
www.childrensoncologygroup.org

0
Daniel

How about you store the body of the sproc in a column and point Full Text
Indexing at it to 'index' its tokens, etc?

--
Kevin G. Boles
Indicium Resources, Inc.

"Daniel Jameson" <no_djameson_spam@childrensoncologygroup.org> wrote in
message news:eac4Kp1qKHA.5896@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
>
> Does a SQL Server admin have any kind of access to the server's T-SQL
> parsing engine?  I'd like to parse, say, a stored procedure for its tokens
> (keywords, identifiers, etc.) so I can build an index of its tokens.
>
> --
> Thank you,
>
> Daniel Jameson
> SQL Server DBA
> Children's Oncology Group
> www.childrensoncologygroup.org

0
TheSQLGuru
2/11/2010 9:41:19 PM
Search the Internet for � Gold Parser SQL �.  For exemple, see:

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/recipes/IntrotoGoldParser.aspx
http://www.queryadataset.com/Downloads/Grammar/tabid/59/Default.aspx
http://www.notebar.com/GoldParserEngine.html

--
Sylvain Lafontaine, ing.
MVP - Windows Live Platform

"Daniel Jameson" <no_djameson_spam@childrensoncologygroup.org> wrote in
message news:eac4Kp1qKHA.5896@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
>
> Does a SQL Server admin have any kind of access to the server's T-SQL
> parsing engine?  I'd like to parse, say, a stored procedure for its tokens
> (keywords, identifiers, etc.) so I can build an index of its tokens.
>
> --
> Thank you,
>
> Daniel Jameson
> SQL Server DBA
> Children's Oncology Group
> www.childrensoncologygroup.org

0
Sylvain
2/12/2010 3:21:09 AM
> Does a SQL Server admin have any kind of access to the server's T-SQL
> parsing engine?  I'd like to parse, say, a stored procedure for its tokens
> (keywords, identifiers, etc.) so I can build an index of its tokens.

Visual Studio Team System 2008 Database Edition also has this functionality.
See
http://chadwickmiller.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!EA42395138308430!296.entry.

--
Hope this helps.

Dan Guzman
SQL Server MVP
http://weblogs.sqlteam.com/dang/

0
Dan
2/12/2010 2:59:05 PM
Those all look like good ideas.  I'll give them a look.

--
Thank you,

Daniel Jameson
SQL Server DBA
Children's Oncology Group
www.childrensoncologygroup.org

"Daniel Jameson" <no_djameson_spam@childrensoncologygroup.org> wrote in
message news:eac4Kp1qKHA.5896@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
>
> Does a SQL Server admin have any kind of access to the server's T-SQL
> parsing engine?  I'd like to parse, say, a stored procedure for its tokens
> (keywords, identifiers, etc.) so I can build an index of its tokens.
>
> --
> Thank you,
>
> Daniel Jameson
> SQL Server DBA
> Children's Oncology Group
> www.childrensoncologygroup.org

0
Daniel

Query data from same workbook
Hello all - I have an excel workbook that queries external data that is stored on a different workbook but same computer. It works fine and I haven't had any issues with it. But, now I need to make this workbook easy to send to other users. I would like to consolidate the data and put it on the same workbook with my written queries. I figured it would be easy to do, similar to doing a pivot table on sheet1, and the data source on sheet2. This would make it much easier to send out to all the users so it can find the "data source" every time regardless of who's computer ...

Autoclose Access Database if not using for more than a certain period
My Access database is working in a multi-user environment. Is there any function to close the access database if the user is not using the file for more than 2 hours? Thanks. See the following: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/210297/en-us or another option would be: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304408 <xiaodan86@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1178590698.082941.302910@e65g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > My Access database is working in a multi-user environment. > Is there any function to close the access database if the user is not > using the file for more than 2 ho...

Canadian Bank Access
Why does my bank "TD Canada Trust" show up as one of the financial institutions you can access on-line in the MS Money website, and yet it does not appear as one of the listed institutions when running MS Money 2005 or MS Money 2006 Canadian edition? -- Doug Brooks In microsoft.public.money, Doug11046 wrote: > >Why does my bank "TD Canada Trust" show up as one of the financial >institutions you can access on-line in the MS Money website, and yet it does >not appear as one of the listed institutions when running MS Money 2005 or MS >Money 2006 Canad...

No Internet Access
Hi, I hope someone out there can help me! For my Birthday, I've been given MS Money 2006 Deluxe. However, for the life in me, I can't install it as I'm not on the Internet at home (I'm sending this from a friend's PC). I just want to use Money to manage my simple incomings/outgoings. What's the installation procedure (if any) to install without having to have it on-line? Thanks in advance! Debi :-) Know nothing of the UK version but for the USA... System requirements list a 56kbs modem. On back cover of the little booklet in the CD box. Possibly for update...

access forms 01-28-10
I am new to Access. There is an existing Access database that I am working with. I can see all the tables, queries and forms. Do forms pull data from tables or are forms their own entity that have their own data source? I was kind of under the impression that both queries and forms have to pull data from a table but I am not sure. I tried to find what the data source for a form was but i could not. All data is stored in tables. Forms have a RecordSource property which can be a table or a query, either as a saved query or as an SQL statement. A query can get data from one o...

NavigationPane Access
Hello, How to hide the navigation pane in vba ? Only with : DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdWindowHide ? It's not possible with something like : CurrentDb.Properties("Something ?").Value=???? Other : Is it possible (in vba) to hide the ribbon ? Thank's in advance jpg "jero" <~jero@jero.net> wrote in message news:OG2zY5BmKHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello, > How to hide the navigation pane in vba ? > Only with : DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdWindowHide ? > It's not possible with something like : > CurrentDb.Properties("Something...

Directory Access Problem?
Good morning, I dont know if this is a problem or if it is by design. When I so to the Directory Access tab on my Exchange 2003 servers it only displays DC's and GC's that are in my local site. Is this correct or should it display all usable DC's? TIA, Ray It's by design. Exchange will use DC's/GC's in it's local site first. If you turn up diagnostics logging on the DSAccess though, you'll see events logged indicating which GC's are discovered and it should indicate some out of site GC's. The Directory Access tab only displays in-site GC&#...

simple query not working
Hi: Trying to set up a simple query, and can't figure out why its not working. Hope someone can help me think a little more clearly. Trying to link two tables: 1)tblServices, with fields 'ClientID#', 'DateofSvc', 'SvcCode' 2)tblCodes, with fields 'SvcCode', and 'SvcDescription' Join is 'SvcCode' Query design is to show ClientID, DateofSvc, SvcCode, and SvcDescription. SQL is "SELECT tblSERVICES.[ClientID#], tblSERVICES.DateofSvc, tblCodes.SvcCode, tblCodes.Description FROM tblSERVICES INNER JOIN tblCodes ON tblSERVICES.SvcCode = tblCodes...

concatenating fields for links in queries
hey all, i would like to link a PolicyNumber field concatenated w a field called INVSUB to a PolicyNumber field in another table. can i do that or do i have to create another field and update it to [PolicyNumber] & [INVSUB]? here is the FROM section of SQL code. i would like to concatenate ALLCOMPANIESDATA.[POL#] w ALLCOMPANIESDATA.[INVSUB] "FROM ALLCOMPANIESDATA INNER JOIN qryCPRackleyRecords ON ALLCOMPANIESDATA.[POL#] = qryCPRackleyRecords.[Policy Number]" TIA Ted You can join on a calculated value, however you cannot build this type of query using the Design view...

Reference page header to query parameters
How do you reference a page header in a report to return the parameter that you selected in your query? For example, I have two calculated fields in my final query based on two other queries. The two other queries contain the parameters. The parameters are for month, year and quarter. So if I answer my parameters like: Month1: 2 Year1: 2010 Qtr1: 1 Month2: 1 Year2: 2010 Qtr: 1 I want my report headers to reference my selections and return in my report’s page header: Feb 2010 Qtr1 Jan 2010 Qt1 I’ll be so incredibly relieved if I can get this to work. I’ve wast...

Bug Report: VBA runtime Access Violation
Thought I'd report the following bug, the following (silly) code: enum x: Me=0 :end enum sub foo: end sub Will crash any office app when entered into the IDE. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/commun...

Testing Automation for MS Access
I have a client who have created a MS Access 2003 application that replaces the UI for their black and green (b&g) system. The Access app was largely generated from the layouts of the b&g screens and has over 1500 forms.Each form has basic generic editing and when that editing is passed, the form controls contents are strung into a tab delimited string and sent to a mainframe for processing. Once the mainframe has processed the form contents, it responds with the next MS Access form to load and a tab delimited list of the values to be put into the form. So far so good. My problem is ...

Access 2007
Just converted to 2007. I can be running multiple databases at any given time. How do I get the name of the database to display in the work area - status bar - menu bar...? Very frustrated by this In Access 2007, the database name displays in the application title bar if you have nothing else specified to show there under: Office Button | Access Options | Current Database | Application Options If you want to programmatically show it on a form, use a text box with Control Source of either: =CurrentProject.FullName =CurrentProject.Name (depending on whether you want the path...

Converting Access 2007 database to 2003??
HiA client has sent me an Access 2007 database to look at. Trouble is, Ionly have 2003. Is there any way I can convert the file. It isa .accdb file.Stapes "Stapes" <steve.staple@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1174232720.992029.212060@e1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...> Hi>> A client has sent me an Access 2007 database to look at. Trouble is, I> only have 2003. Is there any way I can convert the file. It is> a .accdb file.He can convert it. You cannot.-- Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVPEmail (as appropriate) to...RBrandt at Hunter dot com ...

Optimizing query
I have a query where the execution plan is showing a table scan with 32% cost. I have tried to put indexes on pretty much all the fields and still get the same result. The predicate from the Query Analysers execution plan for this table is: [dbo].[REVIEWER].[EnvironmentID]=[@EnvironmentID] AND ([@NameChoice] IS NULL OR CASE WHEN isnull([dbo].[REVIEWER].[FirstName],'')<>'' THEN ([dbo].[REVIEWER].[LastName]+', ')+[dbo].[REVIEWER].[FirstName] ELSE CASE WHEN isnull([dbo].[REVIEWER].[FirstName],'')='' THEN [dbo].[REVIEWER].[LastName] ...

USe a Parameter query
I have a simple query that I wish to use to search for titles of Music CD's. I wish to establish a parameter query that will allow the user to enter a word and the query looks for that word in the title. I have lried .....Like *[Enter the word]* in the query designand various combinations in between but to no avail. Can it be done Thanks George try to use under the "Title filed " Like "*" & ["Enter the Word" ] & "*" so it can filter that word out of your database. "George" wrote: > I have a simple query that I w...

Linking Check Boxes or List Box to Query
Hello, I am hoping someone can help me out here as I am pulling my hair out. I have a form that has unbound fields as follows Text Box - Start Date Text Box - End Date Combo Box - Call Type and a button that runs the query which includes the fields Call Date - Between [forms]![FrmMarketingStats]![txtCallDateStart] And [forms]![FrmMarketingStats]![txtCallDateEnd] Call Type - [forms]![FrmMarketingStats]![cboCallType] Company (no criteria required) Successful (this is the part I need help with) The available options for Succesful are - Yes, No or n/a I can achieve this by add...

How to share Access Database in local area network
Dear Sir, I created a DB using Access 2003 and still working on it. how can i use my DB by many users in the same time with out locking the Database. when i did before, an error message appears every time from the other comuter showing that can not creat lock file!! could you please show me the appropiate way of sharing the DB file? Each user requires at least Read, Write and eXecute permission on the folder where the MDB (or MDE) file is located. (Delete is usually recommended as well, but isn't 100% necessary: not having it will mean that the location file--the .LDB file--will no...

Access and Outlook appointments
I am trying to schedule users (email addresses available on the network which I think is Exchange server) from an Access 2003 DB. I have found Arvin Meyer's outlook appointment creation form and was thinking of bringing over the participant names into the Required Attendees field of Outlook as well as the time details. I have managed to get the names into Outlook but they are not being recognised as proper names in the Scheduled tab (ie aren't underlined as they are if put in manually). Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks! ...

using error handler on access
Hello there I would like to build error handler that works from all the application. To do that i've build function that is being calls from all the vb code in the application by using On error goto: When i enter the function, is there a way to know which sub or function and object called the function? for example: if the error occur on frmClient at event: Form_AfterUpdate, is there a way to know on the function that the event was on object frmClient and the event was Form_AfterUpdate? hi Roy, Roy Goldhammer wrote: > When i enter the function, is there a way to know which s...

Report made of a query cross table
Hi everyone It must be very simple for you guys but i can't find it: How to make a report, made of a query cross table, but only show records that the total of all months are diferent than zero (0). Negative and positive values. That report sums the sales for each person, each months and i want to know who sell and who's not selling. Tks in advance Pedro Post the SQL of your cross tab query. It is possible that all you have to do is add a having clause to it. Generically that might look something like: TRANSFORM Sum(SomeValue) as MonthlySum SELECT Person FROM SomeT...

MS CRM Outlook offline: "Access denied. You do not have sufficient access rights or privileges to perform this action"
Hallo NG, MS CRM-Server runs fine. But one problem: MS CRM Outlook offline (Client PC) with Admin-Rights: --- "Access denied. You do not have sufficient access rights or privileges to perform this action". --- Working Online in Outlook or accessing via IE from client-pc -- no problems. ?? Thank you, U. K�nig .. ...

Noob Query
Hello Gurus, I have inherited a db that has two tables. Table 1 has a Names field and info in other fields. It has 847 records. Table 2 has a Names field and different info in other fields. It has 693 records. The 693 Names in Table 2 are in Table 1 but I need the list of Names from Table 1 that are NOT in Table 2. I can't get my head round the query that I need (Access 2003) Any pointers would be appreciated. Joskin Check out the Unmatched Query wizard when you select New Query. -- --Roger Carlson MS Access MVP Access Database Samples: www.rogersaccesslibrary.com Want an...

File access and program-2-program-communication with C++ and Java
Hi! I came across the following problem I have to solve. The operating system is WinXP Pro. There are two programs, a C++- and a Java-program. The two programs have to exchange data. I was looking for an effective way to do that, and finally I chose a file as "shared resource". Both, C++ and Java must read/write into the shared resource. However, the file must not be accessed simultaneously by both of them. Additionally there could be several instances of the C++-progamm. 1. The C++-Side I use the CFile-Class from MFC with Visual C++. The CFile-Class enables to open a file in excl...

Elapsed Time returned from query
I am using excel to query DB2. The field in DB2 Elapsed_Time has been calculated from a End_Date_Time Start Date Time. The Problem is that excel treats this value 00:00:00 as mm/dd/yyyy 00:00:00 AM/PM and there is nothing I can do to change the format once it is in Excel. Right now I have reverted to querying the Start/End Date Time and performing the calculation in excel and formating as an elapsed time. I am using the Microsoft Query Wizard from excel. Unfortunately that will not work for some of the data as CPU Elapsed Time is calculated and there is no CPU Start/Stop D...